All hotels in San Marcos, Texas, United States of America
1635 Aquarena Springs Dr, San Marcos, TX, 78666, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
"Really nice"
Nice and clean
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
Margarita
"Comfy spot near Texas State University"
A comfy place to stay. We needed a room for 2 nights close to Texas State University for a December graduation. The inn was visible from the highway with lots of restaurants and stores nearby. You could tell the inn has a long history in San Marcos, but the rooms were clean, the furniture was new, and we had a microwave and mini-fridge. Some of the outlets did not work and the hair dryer in our room was broken, but the shower was great and the beds were absolutely comfortable for a good night's sleep and that's what matters in the end.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Vi
"Rodeway Inn Stay"
I stayed in the hotel during a slow night (Sunday). It was simple and clean. It was just one of those hotels with old stuff inside the room. It was really good for what I paid for though. So, I paid around $50 and it was in fair condition for what I was looking for.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
Eart
I don't really go and stay at hotels very much but what I liked about this hotel was the room was well furnished with not only a bed but a sofa.I thought that was good cause people don't always want to just sit on the bed.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"nice"
its ok cumple con con el precio nada del otro mundo
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
alejandro
"Things not working"
The room that we got, the AC was not working and was missing the temperature knob. Most lamps were not working, and there was no tv control.; TV was outdated.The phone was not working, so I had to go to the office to change my room. I was suppose to get a non-smoking room when I moved and had a strong odor of smoke; it was a non-smoking room, but did not smell like it. The pillows were too soft along with the bed.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Ernesto
It was not a good experience, the hotel lacks a lot of maintenance and facilities are very old, have no security and parking there an open area where people rarely appears at night seems to be reviewing the hotel. The dining area is very small and there is clean, honestly I did not trust the kind of food that there can give. The rooms if they are clean, but I insist that are very old facilities. towels are very small and hurt the skin when people dry them. In general, the area where it is located is commercial. but does not look very safe
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Mauricio V.
"Horrible Experience"
This was the worst hotel stay that I have ever had. Rooms are nothing like the pictures, we had no hot water during our stay. Continental breakfast were packaged cinnamon rolls and that is about it. Staff was rude and not helpful at all.
K
"Recommend for Last Resort ONLY!!!"
Bad fluorescent lighting in lobby and entrance; TV was very old, and remote hardly worked; air conditioner could barely maintain 80 degrees; towels provided for 2 people, when reservation was for 4--when asked for more towels, I was given the swimming-pool towels with the big blue stripe; hair dryer would not stay on its base; phone didn't work due to the handset cord was frayed--called lobby for a replacement (from cell phone), I was given 2 SLIMY, NASTY used cords; not much attention paid to aesthetics such as: internet wires dangled from roof-top to lobby, lightbulbs out in the courtyard and breezeways, etc; the breakfast consisted of cereal and milk, because the coffee was almost SOLID, the juice machines were out of order, the 1 table in the "dining room/lobby/foyer" was filthy.
"Must Remondel"
The hotel is just so old. It smells and feels old. Need to rebuild the place.
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
"Do not stay here!"
This hotel is horrible! Do not stay here, even if it is your last option. Our rooms had outlets that did not work, smelled like a cat urinated everywhere, and you can hear EVERY activity that is happening in another room. The breakfast, if you can call it that, was coffee (no decaf option), orange or apple juice, cold cereal, and an option of red flavored danish and white flavored danish. Do not bother wasting your money here!
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
kyle b
"Cleanliness of room/hotel"
We stayed one night, it was quiet and the room was clean, good room for the price.
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2014
Jose
"Borderline okay"
It was borderline okay. Not clean but cheap, so didn't expect much.
3 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2014
"Was ok..."
We were there for the F1 Race. the hotel was adequate for the money. Was a bit outdated but was clean and comfortable. We would stay again. Was a decent price. We never did the breakfast so cant comment.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Dirty. Airconditioner did not work. Thugs hanging around parking lot. Wrecker drivers hanging around waiting to do predatory tows.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Jaime Rosa
"Don't stay if electricity is important."
Bedside lamps did not work at all. Electrical outlets in the bathroom vanity area did not work. VERY dated. There was a party next door until 2:00 am. Can't rate my nights sleep, because we couldn't sleep!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
T
"RODEWAY INN SAN MARCOS."
I do not recommend this place to anyone. The check in lady was rude. Walked to our room and it looked as if some one was still there. Both beds not made and very dirty. We moved to another room, and there was no cold water. After speaking to the manager, he insisted on us using the next doors shower (which had been check out minutes before us realizing there was no cold water.) So he pretty much wanted us to shower in someone else filth. We went to check out, and we explained our discomforts to reception and all she said was "ok, you're good to go." DO NOT SAY HERE. WHAT A WASTE OF $80!!!!!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Not bad, not great. Friendly front desk staff."
Not bad. Ya' get what you pay for. My only gripe is that the shower head put out an inconsistent stream of water. Otherwise, the room was fine.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Comfort and Low Cost"
This hotel is in the process of complete revitalization. Our rooms were updated, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was skimpy, and so we went out every morning for breakfast. The hotel staff was very helpful and considerate. There is a bit of a hassle getting in and out of the parking lot, as it is a very busy intersection. We figured it out and had no trouble. It is close to everything you could possibly be interested in.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Beth
"Kinda Creepy"
My daughters and I were given our room card to check in. Inserted the card and opened the door of an occupied room, needless to say, we left quickly. Back at the office I was told there was no one in that room, even though it was very obvious that someone was. Once we got to a room that wasn't occupied, the door had to have an adults full body weight thrown into it to make it close. Needless to say, after the episode of walking into someone else's room, we made sure every lock was thrown every second we were inside.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"Not Good"
Hotel room literally smelled awful. There were layers of mold in the bathroom. Over all neighborhood looked shady. And people stopping at your Windows trying to look thru the shades.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"I was pleasantly surprised!"
I went to town mainly for a football game and to revisit my ol' alma mater and I must say that the Rodeway Inn met my needs for a one-night stay and I can't complain. When I exited off of I-35 I realized that it was not where I had a satisfying stay before, at The Travelodge, so I didn't know what to expect, but I must say that the stays were comparable. Check-in was reasonable considering that the attendant was busy on a game-day, but she handling matters within a timely manner. The Rodeway Inn met my expectations and was for me within a reasonable walking distance to Bobcat Stadium. The room and its contents were reasonably satisfactory, including two comfortable clean beds and an adequately cleaned bathroom, and overall the room was reasonably priced. Located right off I-35 and Aquarena Springs Drive among respectable surroundings. Check-out was a breeze. Personally, for this jaded gent traveling alone, I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Tim B.
"My stay"
Room needs updates. Was run down. The air conditioner did not work well
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
joy
"$70 a night???"
Horrible stay.. Ghetto surrounding , electricity went out for 2 hours, will never be back!!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Ryan
"worst ever daughter ended up in ER"
Due to lack of cleanliness our daughter stepped on dirty toothpick with some kind of ash resin that she was exposed to possible drugs on it ER says cause it being in motel room. Had be treated with antibiotics for her safety cause could be resin from Drugs. Also gave us 1st room stunk so bad furniture was warped like ut had been in flood. We were limited 1 clean towel total day for 4 of us. Couldn't get our money back cause I paid online so had no choice but to stay!! Worst exp ever!!
3 night family trip Sep 2, 2014
There were roaches and the cleaning crew came in and took the dirty towels which was great but they did not leave any clean towels in their place .
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
"Very unhappy with Rodeway"
We were not happy with Rodeway. The staff at check in seemed unhappy to be there. The room, though clean, was most disappointing. The microwave was in the floor. The TV was one that most people have long ago thrown out. The remote would not allow channel selection without going thru all channels. Had to hunt for an outlet to plug in the clock. The ice machine was broken. The door to the room did not close properly. The sheets looked like they had been left in the dryer over night. The water in the sink ran at a trickle. The breakfast area had one table and the food did not look inviting - not much selection. Only one type of cereal. We left and ate elsewhere. We will not be staying at Rodeway again.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
JJ
Had reservations for 3 days and the second day they cleaned out the refrigerator of all our food and drinks. After asking at office all was returned.
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"I don't recommend this place"
Rooms not clean, bugs can be found in the room, no regular house keeping. Broken and old facilities in the room.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Yashar
We were in town for 7 days---our first time in the area. The first room we stayed in had bugs. They gave us another room in the back. Each night there were many questionable people in the parking lot. One night we observed some scary activity in the parking lot. My wife was very scarred. It was hard to sleep that night. When we checked in the management said; they patrolled the back---that was definitely not true---we never saw any security. We wanted to change hotels, but our schedule made that difficult. We decided to stay alert and finish the week. The first day I went to get breakfast---it was 1 minute past the end---the man at the front desk refused to turn on the orange juice machine---he finallly reluctantly let me have one glass of orange juice. Very sketchey hotel---very sketchy neighborhood. When I booked the room the reviews all said GOOD!---so much for reviews. There was one lady at the front desk that was very understanding, kind and helpful. The room cleaning staff was very nice and accomodating. We stay in hotels frequently in the summer. I know how hard it is to run a business, but they could do much better.
8 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Stayed two nights here, for the price it was good, I really cant complain. Will stay here again. Went to go see Cave Without A Name and tubing in San Marcos river. Also did some shopping at the outlets.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Good Value"
Very Clean, staff was very helpful
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
scottterrir
"Wonderful place"
Huge pool, super comfortable beds, great location, and nice staff. The only thing that was disappointing was the continental breakfast. 2 cereal choices, and stale Danishes. I will be staying again, just won't eat the breakfast.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
shannon
"dirty"
it was not good, the tub was not clean, the rooms smell mildewed. will not ever stay there again.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
maggie
"Lovely place to stay"
The hotel is lovely. The people are friendly. I arrived after 11 pm but they were still gracious and kind. I was assigned a room that had pretty furniture in it. Inexpensive and better than lots of the high dollar hotels that I have stayed in.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Mojo
"Average"
It was about average.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Average in San Marcus
"good value for the price"
we did get a clean, comfortably room; enjoyed swimming pool.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"horrible"
the only thing good about this stay was the poll, the breakfast was a BIG Joke, I took pictures and will be glad to e-mail them upon request.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
lupe
"you get what you pay for"
Very friendly staff, I forgot to tell them to put my rooms next to each other so when I got there they were really far apart but the nice young man up front tried his best to get us as close as possible. It wasn't anything fancy but for the price what else could anyone expect. Breakfast choices were not so great. I would stay here again, gave me extra spending money.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Hotel wasent that bad the people try to keep it up"
Booked me into a room already being used had to move my belongings to another room then was called at my new room and my personal cell by asst mgr trying to find out who was to blame. Not needed. I had to explain several times what happened. As long as i had room that i had reserved i was fine.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Okay Stay"
Check in was ancient. Bathroom had an odor that was beyond regular cleaning. Like a sewer type odor. Only in bathroom. Overnight stay...Okay. Long term stay...no way.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Donita
"Don't stay here!!!"
There was a problem with the date of the reservation. The desk clerk was rude and not helpful in the least. We never got past the lobby but everything was dirty and smelled like mold. It was the worst experience that I have had in a LONG time with a hotel reservation.
Eva
We just needed a place to stay for one night while we helped our daughter move. The man at the desk was very friendly. Our door was hard to close, but it locked. Everything was clean. Not a vacation hotel, but good for a cheap night to get some sleep. Air conditioner worked good.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Motel was fine for the price, there was nothing wrong with the room- just don't expect too much.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Sam
The only good thing was the guy at the front desk was nice. The walls in the rooms were rusty, it wasn't clean, and it just didn't seem safe, stayed one night and found a different one fast!! It was horrible!!
3 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
"it'll do if you want to save money"
The beds were comfy and the room was clean. This is an older building. The TV stopped working and they ran out of towels.There was a dead rat outside the office door, but no sign of them in the room. the staff was very very friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Go somewhere else for the price"
The room was very disappointing. They have a refrigerator but it was never really cold. There is a microwave in the room but the cord was to short to reach the plug so in order to use it I had to move it to the bathroom counter and plug it in. The sheets could use a bleach job. The door to the room was not on the hinges right so when you closed the door the entire glass in the front shook. I was afraid we were going to wake the people next to us. No coffee pot in the room so in the morning I had to go wait in the lobby for them to make coffee. I have stayed at Rodeway Inns before but I will not be back to this one. I will pay extra if I have to in order to get a better room.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Old Alumni"
Served its purpose.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Kenneth Baker
"Roadway inn"
The room smelled. The toilet was dirty. I had to clean it before my family used it. When we went to bed the comforter smelled of armpit odor at the top, these are obviously not laundered between guests. I will not ever go there again.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Steve Laningham
"Nothing"
Old run down hotel. Needs upgrade. Wouldn't stay there ever again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014