All hotels in Lansing, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6820 S Cedar St, Lansing, MI, 48911, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Hotel for Rate"
The hotel was conveniently located to MSU. The staff was friendly. The hotel is much nicer in the inside then it appears. Easy access to highway and stores. I had trouble with the internet, was not able to log in with hotel front desk instructions. The bathroom shower can use a better cleaning and the air made the room a little muggy. The issues are actually minor and overall it is a nice hotel. We would stay again. Oh my biggest complaint.... There was NO Michigan State paraphinilia anywhere in the hotel!!! GO GREEN!
Jackie
"Pleasant stay"
Our stay was pleasant. We arrived late and the staff was able to get us up to our room quickly and efficiently. Staff was welcoming and friendly. Hotel is an older building that has undergone some significant renovations recently. Beds were comfortable, linens were crisp and clean, carpet also newer and clean. Pool and workout facilities were clean. Breakfast was included in our stay, which surprised me as when I booked the reservation said nothing about complimentary breakfast and seeing as there was a restaurant on site I figured we'd have to pay. Continental breakfast was a buffet which included french toast, biscuits and gravy, sausage, yogurts, cereals, fresh fruit, milk and juices. Overall pleasant stay.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Great stay."
Very nice staff and very clean hotel and rooms.
1 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Jesse
"nice place to stay"
The hot tub not hot enough. That was all we didn't like.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Deneen
"Weary traveler"
Wonderful stay! Even after my late checkout of 2 pm, I was still waiting around in the lobby for my ride to the airport (3rd party unrelated to hotel). The owner offered to let me back in my room and to stay there until my ride came at 530 pm! Very gracious owner and it is reflected in the service at this hotel. Highly recommend!
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Not great, not horrible"
The Front Desk person at check in was extremely rude and failed to properly activate both keys to the room. The hotel itself wasn't in the greatest of neighborhoods but it wasn't war torn by any means. The building itself looked as if it had just been renovated and the rooms too, so everything was is tip top shape there. The free breakfast was good and the attendant serving breakfast was busting his tail to keep everyone happy. All in all not a horrible stay but not the best either.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Bruce
"Ok, but not worthy of more stars."
Decent hotel, butnifnit wasnt near my business call, i wouldnt stsybthere again. Arrived late (9:30pm); restaurant closing, but agreedntonstay open to serve me. Unfortunately, sandwich was poor, outnof beer and bourbon. On a football weekend. Room clean and comfortable.
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
I do apologize that you didn't have the best experience possible with us. I am glad to hear though, that our employees stayed in the restaurant after hours to serve you. We like to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We hope you will stay with us in the future so we can have the opportunity to better your experience with The Causeway Bay Hotel of Lansing.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
"Nice value"
Visited MSU to watch my son wrestle. Hotel's sign still list it TWO previous names causing confusing. The outside appearance looks like a run down college dorm but inside is very clean.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Anthony
"Comfortable Stay"
The hotel staff was very friendly an accommodating. It is located in a good neighborhood. There aren't very many restaurants within walking distance.
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our hotel, and its entire friendly staff. Fortunately, although there are not very many restaurants in walking distance, we have our Hummingbird Cafe and also are Valencia Club located on our Main floor and they both serve food. We look forward to seeing you on your future stays with us.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Great place to stay !"
Staff was great! Very accommodating. Rooms very clean and housekeeping staff went above and beyond for us. We will definitely stay here again.
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
Dear Christine, We are glad to hear you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. Hearing members of our staff went above and beyond for you is more than pleasing. I’m happy to hear we will see you again in the future. We will make sure every stay will be just as accommodating for you as your first. We look forward to seeing you soon.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Christine
"Will not stay there again."
Our room smelled, no soap for washing hands when we arrive in the room, made coffe the first morning and housecleaning didnt clean or leave more more regular coffee for the next morning.
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
Let me start off by apologizing for our housekeeping staff. As long as you didn't have a do not disturb sign up, your room should have been serviced. Anything you needed for your room could and would have been provided in a timely fashion, along with servicing your room, if front desk was contacted. I am sorry to hear you don’t plan on staying with us in the future. Hopefully you change your mind and give us the opportunity to better your experience with us.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
"Michigan State game stay"
Stayed here last weekend for the Michigan State/Michigan game. No problems checking in or out. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Will stay here again.
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
The weekend of the Michigan/ Michigan state game was an exciting weekend. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful time and are planning to return in the future. We look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for your stay at The Causeway Bay Hotel of Lansing.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Sleepless in Lansing"
My wife and I stayed at the hotel following the U of M/MSU football game. After a long day of tailgaiting, we just wanted to get some rest. Unfotunately, there were other guests wanting to continue their tailgating activites into the night. We called the front desk 3 times and although they did send "Security" up to our floor once, the front desk was rude and even hung up on us once. During one of our calls to the front desk, the associate even had the nerve to say "what do you want us to do, call the police?". That was sometime after 1:00 am. The party finally broke up around 2:00 am. Also, one reason we selected this hotel was because it had a pool and whirlpool. Unfortunately, the whirlpool was out of service. I'm glad it was only one night!
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
Dear Dave, Yes, unfortunately we do get quite busy on game weekends. Our hotel, along with other local hotels, tends to sell out on weekends as eventful as the weekend of the Michigan/ Michigan State game. Our procedure is to notify security if we have reports of guest acting disruptive. Then, if things do escalate or do not die down after security contacts the party, then the police will be notified. We do have a very strict no-party policy and we do follow threw with the proper actions if this policy is broken. I do apologize you didn't have the best experience possible with us and would love to have you stay with us in the future so we can better your experience. Our guest satisfaction is the most important thing to us here at the Causeway Bay Hotel of Lansing.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Room Not Serviced"
Our room never got serviced. Told they were fully booked with conference and never had enough staff to service all rooms. Offered a complimentary drinks voucher to compensate for inconvenience. Were infuriated by that. Final bill discounted by $25 - very disappointed.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Lansing visitor
Love the Bed
Response by Causeway Bay Hotel
Dear Dominique, Thank you for staying with us. We are happy you were so pleased with your bed. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
2 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
Dominique
"Updates look nice"
Stayed at this hotel one night. Everything was great except the heater in the room was so loud when it kicked on that it woke me up all night. Also there were dead bugs around our room which were pretty gross. The bedding was clean, but the comforter was loud of you were moving around. The pool, spa, and sauna were a nice perk
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Jen
"Great value"
Great value. Comfortable bed and bedding. This is an independent hotel and conference center, not a chain. I like that. The breakfast was okay, standard fare but a slow and inattentive hostess/server - I can't recommend if you are in a rush. Free WiFi in room, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. Friendly front desk. When there were people waiting to check in, more staff showed up to help. Ample free parking in the back. I am not familiar with Lansing. There was a Lowe's across the street and a number of fast food joints nearby. It was about 4 miles from downtown.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Our stay was a pleasure. From the front desk to the restaurant, the people were professional and polite. We will stay there again, and recommend it to our friends.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
rich
"Detroit's finest??"
The elevator and common areas were dirty and thexelevator snelled of Windex and vomit. There was just something about tge place that was off. The fromt desk clerk was great, but it was just an odd feeling.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
great property worth twice the price
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Good stay for football game at Mich. St"
The hotel was affordable, clean, and had a very good complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Bubba
"Elegant, clean hotel."
The beds were very comfy. The indoor decor was fantastic. The outdoor areas were beautiful, esp the fish pond.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Excellent value"
We enjoyed our stay and were pleasantly surprised by the included free breakfast.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised"
The price of the hotel and the location had me concerned. It turned out to be a well done remodel best western hotel. The value exceeded my expectations. I have paid much more for a far worse hotel stay.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Lon
"People at the front desk very personable!"
I recently had my daughter's birthday party at this hotel. The room was okay, someone left a full cup of coffee in our fridge, and there was no coffee cups for me to use for my own coffee. I did have to ask 3 times for the extra bed, but to my understanding that was not front desks fault. The price was great. The pool was warm, and they offer free hot complimentary breakfast in Humming Birds. Very comfy beds with lots of pillows and a big TV. For the price, and the location. You really cant beat it anywhere else.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Paper-thin walls"
I was awakened by the sound of simple conversation in the room next door quite early in the morning. Later, in an attempt to check rooms for occupants, the house keeping service opened every single door on the fifth floor and slammed it again. Twenty minutes of door slamming and I was wide awake. They didn't touch my door, as I had the "do not disturb" sign out, but apparently they don't understand the definition of "disturb".
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
"Affordable"
Clean affordable hotel with amenities. Hotel is older and has not been recently updated. Parking is available but is not close to the front desk.
3 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Great comfortable room with higher end finishes. LOVED the indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna in the basement with locker rooms and fitness room. However, the parking lot is really far away from getting to the elevators and up to a room because it is also a conference center. Not great when you have a lot of stuff, but easy if it's a quick stay. Breakfast is $7.50, but they give you 2 meal coupons when you check in. Friendly staff and willing to help.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great Place to Stay"
My wife had a medical school interview so we needed a hotel close to Michigan State University. This one isn't the closest but it met every expectation. The staff was extremely accommodating and the room was great.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised."
Really liked the hotel atmosphere. Loved the pool and hot tub. Room was clean and spacious. Restaurant closed early due to cook being ill but there were plenty of nearby restaurants. Older hotel but kept up well. I would definetly stay again.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Nice hotel, bad location"
Clean rooms, nice lobby, but in a questionable location. Not easy to get to off the interstate, the pool was extremely hot, the breakfast was just ok.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"A grate value"
My family and I were in town for the Capital City River Run marathon and needed a place to stay nearby. The hotel exceeded our expectations. The room was upgraded and very clean. The pool was so warm and well maintained. I requested a courtyard room but received a street side which was loud at times. It seemed like the windows were not sealed properly. Despite the windows, I would stay at the Best Western Lansing again.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Nicole
"Great Place To Stay On Business"
We were in Lansing on business and they have done an exceptional job on remodeling and updating this property. Good value for the spend. I would stay here again, rooms were updated and very clean, spacious.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
CK
very nice place. spacious, clean rooms. wish i was there for longer!
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Did not feel like the middle of the city"
We booked the hotel at the last minute and very pleased. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows with a variety of firmness. We did not eat breakfast there based on other reviews on trip advisor. The grounds were beautiful with several outside patios. The Koy pond was amazing and I could see why it was used for a wedding earlier that day. The only downside was the bar closed at 11:30....too early.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Ron
"Great Value"
Stayed 4 nights, no problems. Would stay again if in the area.
4 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"one night"
Hotel is clean and staff friendly. Great bed with soft pillows. Air conditioner rattles in our room, but overall good accommodations.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Karl
"Not good"
If you need wifi, which I do when in the US, this is not the place. It doesn't work,despite the night staff assuring me they were trying to fix it, but the staff in the morning told me its common fir it not to work. Found wrappers from something in my floor and tub was dirty.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Teresa
I didn't like how far the rooms were ,with my bad back it was a challenge to get back to my room but we had a wonderful stay. Breakfast was delish, waitress was so polite and curtious I no I'll be back when I visit my daughter who is attending MSU.
4 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Diana Avitia
"Convention in town."
Looks like a fantastic hotel, just built on a lot too small? Only issue for us was walking too far to the parking lot? If not for that,... Everything else had the makings of the nicest overnight stay we could have hoped for!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
R. Karl Burnett
"Great price for accomadations!"
Thought they could somehow work on the musty smell in the bathroom but otherwise no complaints! Great price for a great stay!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Went here with family, had a nice smoking area for people who need to smoke, had a good pool(But Could of been cooler then it was)
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Front desk was super friendly. Really like the spa area
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"best western"
hotel on the outside looks like a bit older structure and older neighborhood which we knew coming there.However inside this is a very nice laid out and higher end hotel for the money spent at this price level.the staff was pleasant and professional ,but we found left over food in a couple of the drawers in the room.The inside of this hotel is excellent through out with quality and quietness,but 1 item that wasn't right was the hot tub which was way too hot even to enter it for the weekend that we were there.they do give you 2 coupons for a free breakfast ,but everyone extra has to pay $7.95 which might be ok for 1 night stay but for a whole weekend that kind of forced us to hit restaurants down the road instead . Overall rating of the 3.8 sounds about idea for this hotel .
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
brian
place is beautiful, gardens in the center of the complex were just unbelievable.we only wish we could have stayed longer it was an excellent nights rest and we love the atmosphere..keep up the good work
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
Reverend Charles
"Real nice hotel"
There were a couple of weddings going on, but we didn't hear anything until the end when the guests were leaving. I think a few wanted to talk in the parking lot which our room faced. They had the radio loud on their vehicle and talking. Woke us up. Security came out and they left quietly.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Betty
"crisp clean sheets updated room"
It's an older hotel with banquet facilities that has been updated. It is located just off of 96 on the south side of Lansing, so not convenient for down town, but not that far away either. I liked my room particularly the nice linens on the beds. They have a nice indoor pool and workout room. I would stay again.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Mark60610
"Quick overnight stay"
We found the hotel to be a much higher quality than what we were expecting. I'll definitely recommend to others and will stay there again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Patty
"friendly"
The hotel was very clean and everyone on the staff were super friendly..
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"Everything I could've asked for."
Needed a place to stay for work and this place had everything I needed and would recommend this spot to anyone.
1 night business trip Jun 14, 2014