All hotels in Winchester, Kentucky, United States of America
1100 Interstate Drive, Winchester, KY, 40391, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.4
The room had an odor the floor was dirty along with a dirty ceiling. The shower was not cleaned the bathroom had mold in some areas.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Fine if you don't need perks!"
Room was non smoking but smelled horribly of smoke. Found a pack of cigarettes butts in the nightstand. No alarm clock, no coffee pot. Bare essentials, but at an affordable cost.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
angela
"yyyy"
no amenities
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Poor rooms"
The water was not hot, the room was dirty as were the bed linens. One room smelled of smoke, The doors do not close correctly. The desk clerks are not very intelligent...they did offer a room deodorizer. There is unpainted, poorly finished rooms and tile.
2 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
"very pleased"
Great service to help me change my hotel.com reservation. Great price and comfortable room. It didn't have a hair dryer but otherwise, everything was I would find on any other economically priced room.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
rachel
"horrible experience"
When I got there I couldn't checkin because I wanted to change cards and they told me I couldn't and then I was told to call hotels.com to make and changes I was told that I booked through expedia and I did not. The lady final called her manager and changed it for us. Got that all taken care and went to the room to cracks in the ceiling and burnt lamp shades. I will never stay at the hotel again.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Priscilla
"No hot water"
the hot water never got hot so i had to take a luke warm shower :(
1 night business trip May 24, 2015
"Worth the money"
Was same as expected and was little better then low end motels and Inns. Rooms and surroundings were kept clean and staff was good, Breakfast would have helped because others with a same cost have it. Over all stay was according to the price paid.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Khalid
"Very basic room with NO frills."
Very understaffed. Room was dirty. Trash in the floor in the bathroom. Keys didn't work the next morning. No coffee in the lobby and no coffee pots in the room. No trash can in the bathroom and only one small one in the room. Two towels for a family of four. The staff was very friendly.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Red Roof"
Hotel had recently undergone name change and things are still being transferred over. Rooms were comfortable and there is a bar on site. Not a lot in the way of food close but hotel and price are very reasonable
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"not what I expected"
We waited longer than we should have to reserve a room for this trip, and this was the only room we could get. The photos on the web are very misleading. The furniture was very old, and showed a lot of abuse. We had a problem with ants on the nightstand and in the beds, the toilet wouldn't flush properly,there was mold in the bathroom, and a large cobweb on the ceiling in the bathroom. The room wasn't nasty, just not up to par. The walls were very thin, and got quite a bit of free entertainment that I could have done without. But, the staff was nice and helpful. I can't say that I will ever stay here again unless I absolutely have to.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
tammy
"Book another hotel"
You get what you pay for. Front foyer had buckets to catch rain. Sheets were clean, chair had stains on it. No WI-fi. Water pressure was nothing and the toilet did not flush properly. Needs updating badly. Heat/ac unit blew out foul odors. Had to go to dollar store to purchase Lysol to get rid of odor. Carpet was good but overall just don't go. Front desk people were great. Cheap but probably still overpriced.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"ok"
It was ok,but there was sticky doors and a strange oder in some of the hallways.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Timothy
"A pleasant surprise with this Red Roof Inn"
this was the first time i had stayed at a red roof inn but have known of the brand for at least 25 years! i was pleasantly surprised. the property is a former holiday inn that converted to a red roof in. the front desk person named Don was very helpful and very courteous. i would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers looking for a good and clean room located on the interstate. the morning staff was also very courteous.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"It was a port in a severe snow storm."
Only real complaint was we had a king size bed but no king size pillows. Only had three standard size pillows. The upholstery on chairs had seen better days. But it was clean.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Snowed in but good stay."
We got snowed in and had pull over and book a hotel! The lady at front desk was really nice! They however had not even remotely tried to shovel the snow so we got stuck in parking lot for 45 mins trying to park and then had walk through mid calf height snow. They don't have an ATM to get cash for vending. The room was nice clean and comfortable! I would stay again if there wasn't snow because they never did anything clear the lot.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Allison
"relaxing"
great
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Plesantly surprized."
For the price this place was very nice. The desk guy was great while I was checking in. I usually look for motels with outside doors since I travel with pets, however they were very accommodating and put me in a room next to an exit. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2015
steve
Not a very good hotel, locks didn't work well had to get a new key everytime we went out the door
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Sean
"Last minute booking"
Last minute stop while driving cross-country. I was looking for something cheap, but clean, and this fit the bill perfectly. The desk clerk was as nice as could be. The room was nothing special, but it was exactly what I was looking for.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Misti
"perfectly adequate"
Comfortable, clean, no issues
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
The Room was freezing , the girl was on the phone as she was checking us out and ended up just telling us we could go
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"University of Kentucky visit"
It was just a place to sleep while visiting UK for the weekend. There was confusion about what room we were suppose to be staying. We were initially given a room that had not been cleaned. Bathroom in room was falling apart. Towel rack ripped out of wall, vanity coming off wall, to name a few. TV was very old and picture was horrible. The staff was the most unprofessional I have ever seen. Night guy was in sweats and walking around in socks. There were issues with the computer, or so I was told, that made it impossible for me to get a receipt on check out. Evening clerk was sitting on counter talking with an assumed friend. We asked for a bottle of water and all she could do was offer the one on display on the counter. Very very unprofessional all around. The only thing that made it bearable was the prices. Room rates were very low and why I booked the room. I guess its true you get what you pay for these days.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Needs work"
The doors had to be forced closed, the bed seemed worn out. Still had tube tv. No breakfast or coffee.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Roddy
"come enjoy a great place to stay"
This is one place I would come back to anytime. The people the service need to pat themselves on the back. Thank all of you and the night clerk that helped me with my laptop hope you go far with your college.
4 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
Johnnie charles
"Hotel is good to sleep but nothing to pleasing."
Upon arrival the room type after some talking between two people one was eating pizza we were told no more with double beds and for a family of four we all slept in the same bed. They take care in protecting the front desk staff but door to building was no way top lock behind and hallways was very dirty up the whole to guest rooms. You get what you pay for concerning the price.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Smith
"Worse stay ever!"
We had to switch rooms immediately due to the toilet seat being dirty. The second room was no better. The room smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was a smoke free hotel. The shower had mold in it. Poor in every sense of the word.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
"Chair in room #108 had hole in it"
Plug I needed for my breathing machine did not have a cover on it
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Jerry
"RedRoofProblem"
The help was mainly exceptional except for one female that was just not up to snuff. No coffee packets in room but male desk person had coffee including decaf ready each morn. by 6am. Water pressure in bath was so so.
Other trip May 27, 2014
I sent a scathing note the morning of check out.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
Holt
The man that was there when we checked in was absolutely fantastic. Also the woman who was working for the rest of our stay was helpful and very nice.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Alison

TripAdvisor reviews for Red Roof Inn Winchester KY

"Over Night Stay"
06/30/15 Stepahanie C Cairo
The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel staff was very friendly, and helpful. The room has lots of space to organize and spread out. Also the room has a fridge which was very helpful. The only thing missing is breakfast, but there is coffee in the lobby.
"Improving Every Day"
06/27/15 Countryboy110181
I am really impressed with how this hotel is doing. It is very clean and the staff is very helpful. Anyone that has had a bad experience with this hotel needs to come and see how much it has improved. The housekeepers asked several times if we needed anything if our room was ok or if they could help us with anything. We always was spoking to and they really showed they cared about our opinion I will tell everybody that it has really turned around
"DO NOT DO IT."
06/26/15 Samantha G
First I would like to say I REALLY don't like writing bad reviews. If I have a bad experience, I avoid writing them. But in this case, I can't as a person, let someone book a room here and put themselves in such discomfort or possible danger. I don't know who wrote the positive reviews and I am in entire disbelief that they are even real people. This place made me feel so unsafe I stayed here for four hours before I found the courage to leave immediately to a town 30 minutes away to stay at their motel (which was much nicer and felt like a safe haven). I did not tell the receptionist of my problems, because she did not appear to be someone who could handle issues or even care about them. I would give the place a 0/5, but unfortunately I can't. I don't know because I don't live there, but Winchester might be one of those towns where people who don't already live there....shouldn't go. There were 8-10 men outside the window to my first floor room, drinking, smoking, banging on things, yelling obscenities...making lots of noise in general...non-stop. and they kept getting more and more intoxicated. (Not to mention the people in other rooms next to mind and the hallway---the entire property was noisy.) This motel isn't meant for tourists or people passing through. It is meant as a gathering place or hangout for the locals to party. The desk receptionist didn't even want to be there. I didn't even want to be there. When I left, the men did not ignore me like I had hoped they would. And that is just the number one problem with the place. The number two problem is: My room was so dirty, i felt like calling the health inspector to come by just so I could see the shock on his face that a place like this wasn't condemned yet. There was blood on the bathroom floor, the shower, sink and toilet had not been properly cleaned, there was splatter marks on the glass outside the bathroom, the couch felt like an itch factory, the surfaces were dusty, dirty and there was this sludgy resin that comes from not cleaning something properly for a very long time on the desk. This isn't a 'you get what you pay for', this is a 'pay for more if you care about your health and safety and worry about the bill later.' I'm just in such shock that places like these actually exist and get money from other people to rent from them. I can't even understand how it is still up and running...and not condemned... I just knew I wouldn't be able to get any sleep here. I will say one thing positive: It was a great learning experience.
"Best Motel in Winchester Ky"
04/29/15 learinglife winchester,ky
the staff was so nice and help full,the price was great,the room was clean,if I needed any thing the staff was so help full,I was to have eye surgery the day after I got there ,and I decided to stay another day after surgery ,again if you want the great place Red Roof inn in Winchester Ky cannot be beat ,5 stars all the way
"King deluxe"
04/24/15 Brenda S
I book a king deluxe and although it was clean and the bed was very comfortable the bathroom was designed for handicap use I was not happy about this because I myself am not handicap and think unless I specifically ask for this room I shouldn't have been booked for it. I wasnt very comfortable with the fact that maybe someone in need was going without the aids in this room because of me. Other than that I enjoyed my stay
"Great Pet-Friendly Hotel!!."
03/21/15 Mariam L Gainesville, Florida
We were tired and pulled off late in the night. Night Attendant was very pleasant. Asked us if we wanted some coffee upon arrival(it was very cold outside). Check in was quick and got what I asked for where I asked for. Simple hotel, clean, comfortable and price was great. Best of all Pet stay FREE!!!. My friend and me had a warm night stay.
"Passer by..."
01/15/15 Mandy L Dallas, Texas
Was passing thru in this cold weather and stopped at this Red Roof Inn. I was surprised at how Clean and Quiet the place was. Was recently converted to Red Roof Inn. They have 40 inch Flat screen TVs, bedding was comfortable, bathroom was bright and clean. Front desk staff was great and the housekeeping staff was very polite. For $49 it was a perfect package.
"where do I begin"
10/10/14 jkabir511 Lansing, Illinois
Checked into my room, at first glance everything seemed nice. But after settling in for the night, I realized the phone didn't work in my room, there was pizza crust on the floor. I called the front desk for an extra blanket and they told me they didn't have any, really?What kind of hotel charges 100/night with no extra blankets, pillows, pizza on the floor and no working phone. I'm done!
"A Property in transition"
08/22/14 Penny F Au Train, Michigan
This property has been recently purchased as a Red Roof Inn. It is definitely going through a transitional period. To get to our room, we had to walk past broken furniture and air conditioners stacked in the hallway. Exterior doors were being replaced and the hallways were dark, grubby and dingy. Our room did not have the amenities that were advertised. The price was right however, and the front desk staff was very upfront about the work being done. The room itself WAS clean, the bed was comfy and it was a quiet location. As we were only looking for a place to spend one night it was ok for us... Go into this property with not many expectations. I'm sure that in time, it will be a nicer spot to stay.
"Red Roof Update"
08/05/14 Michael C Riverview
New property for Red Roof, however it started life as a Holiday Inn, onto Days Inn, then Royal Express Inn. Property needs some work, but staff is really responsive. After check-in had problem with toilet, maintenance responded immediately and corrected problem in just a few minutes. Front desk personnel were very helpful. Room was good, but needs some caulk work around the tub. Need some street level signage, facility is located behind Quality Inn difficult to find. Red Roof has taken on a task, but I believe they can succeed.