All hotels in Winchester, Kentucky, United States of America
1100 Interstate Drive, Winchester, KY, 40391, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.9
    2.4
"Hopefully the Ant problem has been fixed"
The only thing that was very disturbing is when we opened the door to the bathroom there were ants everywhere on the floor. My granddaughter was scared to use the bathroom while we were there.
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2016
"Ants Made it Hard to Appreciate this Hotel"
First of the gentleman working the front desk when we arrived in the evening was very nice. He even called about an hour into the stay to check on us. The beds were big which was nice since most other hotels on our cross country trip only offered double beds. But then we found swarms of ants in both bathrooms (we had 2 rooms) and the door to the bathroom would jam as well. You could notice the neglect in the hotel bit time there. Also it says non smoking but the rooms smelled terribly of smoke. When we let the gal at the desk know about the ants in the morning she just said okay and didn't offer any sort of apology or show any sort of emotion towards it.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2016
"Do not stay here"
BED BUGS!! MY STAY WAS CUT SHORT DUE TO BEING BITTEN BY BED BUGS. I REPORTED IT TO THE FRONT DESK AND HE DID TRY TO MOVE ME. I STILL HAVEN`T HEARD FROM THE MANAGEMENT. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE
1 night trip Dec 13, 2015
The room was acceptable. However, there was an extremely strong odor of sewage in the hallways. I also was extremely upset that a pair of shoes that I'd left in the room were taken. We called the hotel right after leaving. Initially the desk clerk claimed to not be able to contact the housekeeping staff. I was eventually told that no one reported anything to lost and found. I am confident that my shoes were left in the room.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Clean"
Overall, you can tell it is an old hotel. However, it is clean. Breakfast is not included.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
The room was clean, comfortable and great for the price.
4 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Jhoena
"Not impressive"
This was a last minute stop on the backend of a trip I took out west and I simply needed a place to sleep. It is a very tired facility and at the late hour of my arrival, I wasn't expecting much more than a bed and clean room. I wasn't disappointed on the cleanliness but the general upkeep of the building left much to be desired. The hallway carpeting looked as though it hadn't been cleaned or even vacuumed for a very long time. The building is located at the back side of two other Inns and looks like a back alley warehouse as you approach it...I know it isn't their fault, but at a late hour of the evening, it was an uncomfortable sense, especially since the signage to get there was not evident from any approach to the building, (thank goodness for GPS).
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
W Ronald
"Nice place to stay!"
We stopped here on our way home from a funeral in PA> It was quite, room was comfortable. We sleep well. Staff was excellent both night and day shifts. Would stay here again. Did not explore area but it appeared like a nice place to visit.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Lou Ann
"get less then you pay for"
Phone didn't work. beer bottles in room (my 2yearold found) didn't even look like vacuumed. couldn't give 2yo a bath because plug was gone.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"Cockroach Infested"
I awake to a cockroach climbing down the wall toward the bed I was sleeping in. I killed it and headed to the bathroom where I encountered another one which got away. I took the one I had killed to the front desk and told the clerk of my experience. He looked at me uninterested and said I will notify the owner. Nothing was done about it. I told him that I wasn't trying to take any pests home with me. He looked like he could care less, so I wouldn't advise staying at this hotel unless you want pests going home with you and being treated like you don't matter!
1 night trip Nov 11, 2015
Joie
"Clean but lots of comforts missing."
Exit had nothing but a save a lot, no restaurants or anything to do. Room's deadbolt was broke, and you could see inside the room from the hallway via the peephole. Water pressure was super low.
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2015
Leah
Hotel was about 35 miles from Lexington and only hotel with available rooms due to the Breeders Cup. The closest restaurants (only fast food) were about 4 miles away on the interstate. Hotel needs a lot of TLC as it is very run down. Rooms were okay but in need of repair and updating - heating/ac unit, bathroom, broken window, dark and dismal.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"good location"
people hanging out their room windows smoking when we arrived,our room was non smoking but could smell their smoke next door & had a connecting door which I piled pillows up against to keep out the smell.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
jane
"Room wasn't clean!!!!"
The foyer was nice but that is where the good stops at this motel. The rooms had a foul smell and the carpet does not look like it had been vacuumed in weeks. One of the beds looked like someone had slept in it and just pulled the comforter back up. The remote was under the bed. The cleaning staff did not place it in an easy to find location. Lastly, I opened the fridge and it was full. The food in it had started to stink so it had been in the fridge for a while. Do not stay in this motel!
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Stay AWAY from this one!!!!"
I have never stayed in a nastier hotel. The parking lot is apparently the local party place since it was full of people drinking & smoking all night. The entire hotel reeked of smoke. The toilet seat in my room wasn't even attached. I refused to step into the shower. I couldn't identify what was growing in it. The air conditioning was locked in at a temp just south of the Antarctic winter temps. The hotel clerks didn't seem to even want to be there either. I won't stay here again regardless of the rates.
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
"Disgusting"
Horrible, hair all over the room, sheets felt disgusting, cable cut out every 3 seconds, electrical outlets missing covers, no clock, no outlets for phone/laptop, not creature friendly at all, guests were disgusting as well
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Not the best."
Ok
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Micah
The room had an odor the floor was dirty along with a dirty ceiling. The shower was not cleaned the bathroom had mold in some areas.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Fine if you don't need perks!"
Room was non smoking but smelled horribly of smoke. Found a pack of cigarettes butts in the nightstand. No alarm clock, no coffee pot. Bare essentials, but at an affordable cost.
2 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
angela
"yyyy"
no amenities
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Poor rooms"
The water was not hot, the room was dirty as were the bed linens. One room smelled of smoke, The doors do not close correctly. The desk clerks are not very intelligent...they did offer a room deodorizer. There is unpainted, poorly finished rooms and tile.
2 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
"It was a place to sleep."
This was a one night trip to see our niece graduate from high school. The room was clean enough, but there was not enough hot water and the hair dryer plug kept falling out of the electrical socket.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015
"very pleased"
Great service to help me change my hotel.com reservation. Great price and comfortable room. It didn't have a hair dryer but otherwise, everything was I would find on any other economically priced room.
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
rachel
"horrible experience"
When I got there I couldn't checkin because I wanted to change cards and they told me I couldn't and then I was told to call hotels.com to make and changes I was told that I booked through expedia and I did not. The lady final called her manager and changed it for us. Got that all taken care and went to the room to cracks in the ceiling and burnt lamp shades. I will never stay at the hotel again.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Priscilla
"No hot water"
the hot water never got hot so i had to take a luke warm shower :(
1 night business trip May 24, 2015
"Worth the money"
Was same as expected and was little better then low end motels and Inns. Rooms and surroundings were kept clean and staff was good, Breakfast would have helped because others with a same cost have it. Over all stay was according to the price paid.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Khalid
"Pay the money and go some place else."
AC didn't work, to get it to work they just came in and wiggled wires, then it never went off.
Other trip May 26, 2015
unhappy
"Very basic room with NO frills."
Very understaffed. Room was dirty. Trash in the floor in the bathroom. Keys didn't work the next morning. No coffee in the lobby and no coffee pots in the room. No trash can in the bathroom and only one small one in the room. Two towels for a family of four. The staff was very friendly.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Just Bad"
There was hair in the shower, The bathroom floors were dirty, The Bedding smelt filthy, Room with two queen beds but only Two small shower towels. Entry way carpeting and floors dirty.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Dale
The room was average, but the mattress was very comfortable. No continental breakfast.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Entrance to hotel is a little out of the way but location is great
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Red Roof"
Hotel had recently undergone name change and things are still being transferred over. Rooms were comfortable and there is a bar on site. Not a lot in the way of food close but hotel and price are very reasonable
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2015
"not what I expected"
We waited longer than we should have to reserve a room for this trip, and this was the only room we could get. The photos on the web are very misleading. The furniture was very old, and showed a lot of abuse. We had a problem with ants on the nightstand and in the beds, the toilet wouldn't flush properly,there was mold in the bathroom, and a large cobweb on the ceiling in the bathroom. The room wasn't nasty, just not up to par. The walls were very thin, and got quite a bit of free entertainment that I could have done without. But, the staff was nice and helpful. I can't say that I will ever stay here again unless I absolutely have to.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
tammy
"close to where I was spending my time while in ky"
satisfactory, but there was no continental breakfast
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
samantha
"Dirty dirty dirty bug infested rat hole"
I travel for a living for the past twenty years on the road this is in the top 3 of the world's worst hotel I have stayed at
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Hotel staff was very helpful, friendly, nice, and polite. The hotel itself was very clean and the room was very clean as well. Everything worked and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it accommodated needs, wasn't far from anything and you couldn't beat the price.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Erica
"Book another hotel"
You get what you pay for. Front foyer had buckets to catch rain. Sheets were clean, chair had stains on it. No WI-fi. Water pressure was nothing and the toilet did not flush properly. Needs updating badly. Heat/ac unit blew out foul odors. Had to go to dollar store to purchase Lysol to get rid of odor. Carpet was good but overall just don't go. Front desk people were great. Cheap but probably still overpriced.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"ok"
It was ok,but there was sticky doors and a strange oder in some of the hallways.
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Timothy
"A pleasant surprise with this Red Roof Inn"
this was the first time i had stayed at a red roof inn but have known of the brand for at least 25 years! i was pleasantly surprised. the property is a former holiday inn that converted to a red roof in. the front desk person named Don was very helpful and very courteous. i would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers looking for a good and clean room located on the interstate. the morning staff was also very courteous.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"It was a port in a severe snow storm."
Only real complaint was we had a king size bed but no king size pillows. Only had three standard size pillows. The upholstery on chairs had seen better days. But it was clean.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Snowed in but good stay."
We got snowed in and had pull over and book a hotel! The lady at front desk was really nice! They however had not even remotely tried to shovel the snow so we got stuck in parking lot for 45 mins trying to park and then had walk through mid calf height snow. They don't have an ATM to get cash for vending. The room was nice clean and comfortable! I would stay again if there wasn't snow because they never did anything clear the lot.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Allison
"relaxing"
great
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Plesantly surprized."
For the price this place was very nice. The desk guy was great while I was checking in. I usually look for motels with outside doors since I travel with pets, however they were very accommodating and put me in a room next to an exit. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2015
steve
Not a very good hotel, locks didn't work well had to get a new key everytime we went out the door
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Sean
"Last minute booking"
Last minute stop while driving cross-country. I was looking for something cheap, but clean, and this fit the bill perfectly. The desk clerk was as nice as could be. The room was nothing special, but it was exactly what I was looking for.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2015
Misti
"perfectly adequate"
Comfortable, clean, no issues
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
The Room was freezing , the girl was on the phone as she was checking us out and ended up just telling us we could go
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"University of Kentucky visit"
It was just a place to sleep while visiting UK for the weekend. There was confusion about what room we were suppose to be staying. We were initially given a room that had not been cleaned. Bathroom in room was falling apart. Towel rack ripped out of wall, vanity coming off wall, to name a few. TV was very old and picture was horrible. The staff was the most unprofessional I have ever seen. Night guy was in sweats and walking around in socks. There were issues with the computer, or so I was told, that made it impossible for me to get a receipt on check out. Evening clerk was sitting on counter talking with an assumed friend. We asked for a bottle of water and all she could do was offer the one on display on the counter. Very very unprofessional all around. The only thing that made it bearable was the prices. Room rates were very low and why I booked the room. I guess its true you get what you pay for these days.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Needs work"
The doors had to be forced closed, the bed seemed worn out. Still had tube tv. No breakfast or coffee.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Roddy
"come enjoy a great place to stay"
This is one place I would come back to anytime. The people the service need to pat themselves on the back. Thank all of you and the night clerk that helped me with my laptop hope you go far with your college.
4 night business trip Sep 28, 2014