All hotels in Irving, Texas, United States of America
4441 W. John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX, 75063, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Great staff! Hotel in need of refurbishing."
I booked this last minute after missing a flight at DFW. I thought I was getting a great deal for a Doubletree but it turns out I paid the right price. The room was on the first floor and so I can only speak to the condition of this floor I would say the hotel is in serious need of refurbishing. All of the rooms around me were non-smoking but I could smell cigarette smoke coming through the vents. Carpet was old. I found an old wash rag in the bathroom that must have been missed by housekeeping. I've stayed in Doubletrees before that were much nicer. The staff was great though. Very kind and accommodating. I paid $76 for the room and for that price it was fine. That's what I would expect to pay for a Red Roof Inn near the airport. I'm sure Doubletree (a Hilton brand) is aiming for a more upscale market. I will choose a different hotel the next time I'm in Dallas.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Hotel was dated regarding appearance but staff was helpful and friendly
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Very comfortable Hotel. Very Clean"
Very clean Hotel. Got us in early and prompt airport shuttle.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Heath
"Happy We Chose Double Tree"
In Dallas for son's wedding for 5 nights. Both friends and family of groom and bride stayed at Double Tree with us. I was not disappointed! The service was excellent from front desk to maid service especially on executive level. I wanted a quiet area and I was pleased especially with the best bed and pillow ever. Breakfast was included and was delicious and healthy. All services were exceptional!
5 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"Unsatistied"
I Needed a room due to flying in to bad road conditions. The hotel Receptionist was very inflexible about where the shuttle would pick me up from the airport. The staff at the airport told me that I was in the correct location. The receptionist insisted that I had to be at a specific gate that I could not find. It ended up that the hotel shuttle had to drive past where I stood and I flagged him down. It was very frustrating after a 6 hour delayed flight and having to pay $130 for a room that I used for only 6 hours.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Sherry
"Great place to Stay"
My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at the DFW Airport Doubletree on 02/22-2/23/15. We hated that our flights were canceled and had to stay another night due to the ice storm that occurred in Dallas, however, the staff at the hotel was very accommodating and made our stay less stressful. The rooms were comfortable, a little outdated, but renovations are coming in the Summer and fall of 2015. The fitness center was top notch and exceeded my expectations and the location next to a gas station, minimart, and Dennys restaurant were also key factors to the our stay.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Tara
"Wouldn't recommend airport hotels"
Bugs plus super thin walls lead to an uncorfortable stay. Luckily it was only for night.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
"Proximity to airport"
The shuttle to & from the hotel was great! The sign-in was awesome! The business office was good but I had to have help to print what I needed because one printer was down. We felt the breakfast buffet was overpriced. The last night we were there people next to us were noisy for awhile & we had an early rise the next day, but that was not a big deal. Overall, we were pleased!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Pat
"Unwanted wake up calls"
We were in room 160 on Friday, February 20. Although we didn't ask for a wake up call and planned to sleep until about 8 am, we received a call at 4:55am and again at 5:05am. At that, I called the front desk and said I didn't want any wake up calls and was told that no wake up calls had been scheduled. Someone scheduled those calls and that just messes up the whole night! The hotel needs to take a long hard look at this and figure out what went wrong.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Very good stay. Very reasonable price. Met all the needs of my trip.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Had a nice time, would stay again."
our stay at the Doubletree was very nice. I would recommend to anyone that they should check out the hotel, I would go back to this hotel, we had a great experience.
Ben
"OK experience but not great"
I thought the hotel was OK but expected it to be a little better than OK. Couldn't take shower without water spilling onto floor so this limited length of shower you could take - OK, but not great. Toilet seat would not stay up - OK, but not great. I attended an event at hotel and event room kept going up in temp, then down in temp; not by 3-5 degrees but rather 10-15 degree swings. I am pretty flexible so it was OK, but not great. The walls seemed to be about the least sound resistant I ever stayed in. You could here any conversations above a quiet conversational volume. Plan accordingly. My limited interaction with hotel staff was very positive. The room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
The hotel staff were nice and everything was clean, but the walls were so thin we could hear everything in the rooms beside us! We couldn't sleep because it was so loud.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Great for Airport users."
I had to stay in this hotel due to a flight being cancelled for bad weather. It was very unexpected and last minute. The shuttle was prompt to and from the airport and was very easy to schedule. The rooms were nice, the decor etc was probably a little dated. There was tears and scuffs in the carpet of my room. My biggest complaint would probably be the drain in the shower was slow, so it felt like you were standing in a puddle. Overall I think I would stay there again, but more so out of convenience to the airport. If you are planning on staying Dallas for more than 1 night and do not need the free shuttle back and forth to the airport. There are definitely better hotels in the area.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
Timothy
"A very quick trip"
We ended up staying about 4 - 5 hours. We were re routed through Dallas because of bad weather. We decided to go back to the airport "first thing" to try to get on a preferred flight. We arrived just after midnight and ended up with a 4 AM wake up call and a 4:30 taxi. The night staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. They called the cab for us and wished us well. We were pleased with the service and we would stop by again!
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
Jane
"Good and convenient"
Convenient and generally good.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Ian
"Relaxing time between destinations"
Hotel service was great regarding my luggage storage for over a week. Thanks
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel .We were pleased to read that you sound for your experiences with us to be so favorable. We hope you enjoyed your stay and will come back and see us the next time your travel brings you to the area.
2 night trip Jan 2, 2015
giselle
"Rough start"
The first night was awful. The bed frame was broken causing box springs to separate and the mattress to fall into the hall in the middle. We reported that the next day and they were able to fix it while we were out of the room. The room was in decent condition although there was pealing paint and wall paper in the room and bathroom. I would probably not willingly stay here again, but the price for the room was good.
4 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Near DFW"
Staff was great. Room has been vacant for a while. Lights & thermostat broken
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. You compliments about our staff are much appreciated and truly do mean a lot to us. We are sorry to read that your experience was less than ideal and that some of the amenities were not working properly. Please rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our Engineers and they will take measures to insure that the issue is resolved and properly maintained. We hope that you will have safe travels home and the next time you are in the area, you will come visit and stay with us again.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Good value for the money. Close to the airport, but not right at the airport. Great for catching an early morning flight.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experiences and were very pleased to read you had a positive experience. We hope you have safe travels and that you come back and see us the next time you are in the area.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"DFW Moving"
Great location. Hotel was clean and staff super nice. The bed was wonderful for a good night rest.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for your comments and compliments of our staff. It is much appreciated. We were very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Dallas.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Clinton
"Football trip to DFW"
Chose the Double Tree near DFW for the good location...close to Arlington, Grapevine, Downtown Dallas, and many restaurants & fast food choices. Its a good place for an overnight stay or if you have lots of other activities. If the price beats other nearby locations again I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
recent traveler
"Good experience for reasonable price"
Surpassed my expectations. Clean, comfortable, good service, nice breakfast buffet. Good value.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
That's what we like to read! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are most pleased to read that we surpassed your expectations, as that is our goal. We certainly enjoyed taking care of you and hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Great place!"
The room was very nice and clean. We only stayed one night, because we were headed to DFW to fly out of town for a week. We were able to leave our car in the parking lot the entire time we were traveling with no issues! Awesome!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Chrystal
"Perfect for flight overnight."
Perfect for our flight overnight stay.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Valorien J
"Awesome. Great fitness center. Terrific lounge ."
From the minute I got their the staff was helpful. Will stay there again.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
I would definitely return. Nice stay. No complaints.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"travelling by car from california to texas"
we stayed in four hotels along the way. i would rate them as follows: 1) holiday express inn - nice room with sitting area. nice bathroom. free breakfast. 2) winstar casino hotel - nice room and bathroom. 3) hampton inn - nice room. free breakfast. 4) double tree - no breakfast.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Mel
"Low cost, Clean, and close to DFW"
Stay to DFW for late check-in or early departure.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Your comments will be shared with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon! Todd Erwin, Front Office Manager
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Ardeshir
"Staying at Double Tree"
Thanks for your hospitality!
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for the 4-star review, we definitely appreciate it! We will share all of your comments with our staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the area. Todd Erwin, Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
Convenient location to DFW. negative: we were booked into
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Doubletree"
Very comfortable
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the DFW Area! Todd Erwin, Front Office Manager
1 night trip Nov 23, 2014
"Nice time in Dallas"
Good Hotel and worth price
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
Oscar
"Dated hotel"
Room was dated and had plumbing problems. Room need to be updated to more modern. Shower plumbing was flawed, would change from hot to cold in mid shower.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We really appreciate honest feedback. We’re very sorry your experience with us was not up to our usual high standards. We are continuing to work on improving guest experience and your feedback is a great tool to help us improve. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope you give us another try the next time you travel to the area. Todd Erwin, Front Office Manager
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
G D-J
I slept on the floor. There is no roller bed for 3rd person.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Probably not going to stay here again....."
I was there a day before Thanksgiving so not many ppl were around. Gave us a room very far from the front desk even when hotel seemed pretty empty. On the way to long walk to our room, I saw couple of air blowers on the hallway and also saw water leaking from pipes. Appeared to be some water damage around the section where they had put us in. Was able to see some water damage inside the room as well. Room was okay except, 1. AC/ heater was making a loud noise when it got turned on. So loud that I had to turn it off while sleeping. 2. TV remote control wasn't working properly. When tried to set up for timer, it goes mute..... 3. Office chair seemed broken. I almost fell off from the chair. I had told the front desk. Hopefully they had replaced it. 4. Very dusty around the vent fan... Overall, for the price I paid, it was adequate but they could've done a bit better with minimum efforts.... I would probably not stay at this hotel unless I have to.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We really appreciate honest feedback. We’re very sorry your experience with us was not up to our usual high standards. We are continuing to work on improving guest experience and your feedback is a great tool to help us improve. Thank you again for your honest feedback. Todd Erwin, Front Office Manager
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"overall great place for a decent price! !"
The room was great! The bed comfortable. The steak from the restaurant downstairs was not great. Needed flavor. Ps.. the cookies were wonderful!!!!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Good for a one day overlay"
Hotel conveniently located by DFW airport and shuttle service provided by hotel. It also had the convenience of a Denny's Restaurant within a short walking distance. Hotel personnel very friendly especially the shuttle service manager. Found hotel temperature setting very cold for....about 65 and it wasn't even summer. But once in the room, we were able to change setting to a warmer temperature. Restroom area a bit too small and so was the vanity area. It was nice that a hair dryer was located in the room along with personal amenities if needed. For the price you would think a continental breakfast would be another amenity.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Great location!"
Comfortable room- a little dated but extremely convenient to DFW. Shuttle every 30 minutes is great!
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Neva
"Nice hotel close to DFW airport"
My sister and I stayed a short overnight stay during an overnight layover after returning from Europe. It's close to the airport and they have an airport shuttle. We did have to wait about 30 minutes to be picked up with all the stops they make at the different terminals. Check-in was easy and the front desk agent was really friendly. The beds are comfy and the rooms are nice and big. The restaurant was nice. There isn't much around as far as food options within walking distance. There was a Denny's but that was about it. They do have a driver that will take you to a restaurant but after an eleven hour flight that's the last thing we wanted to do so we opted to eat at the hotel.
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
It was nice, and comfortable. I would stay there again
pancho
"A please to sleep"
An overnight between flights , got in late , left early ....not much to say .
Response by DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels DFW Airport North
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We hope to see you again soon! Todd Erwin, Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
"No Serious Issues"
All was well except that the heat (I live in Belize and 67 degrees F was the highest the temp would raise.) had to be adjusted by a technician who opened a grate. Appreciated the higher temperature. Didn't know the morning buffet required a discount coupon. Embarrassing.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
"LOCATION CONVENIENT BUT THATS ABOUT IT"
One particular staff person made the stay AWFUL. The manager and another staff person tried to accommodate, but the damage Was done. Adjoining rooms with LOUD guests. Starbucks in Lobby was not staffed and they didn't have a full compliment of drinks. At 8:00 am (NO DARK ROAST). The location was good for being centered around everything we needed to do. Room was comfortable. No good views. Cookies are always great. If you have no other option it's a good choice.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Hilz
"Doubletree hotel hilton"
Walls were paper thin and noise all through the night. There was an awful smell during the night of garbage. I was on floor 2 ans sudpect I was above the employee break room and hotel garbage. Inferior to other Doubletree Hotels and to other hotels near DFW
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"way over rated"
Rooms are very dated. Water is shower had very little preasure. Drunk person singing in the hallway at 1:30am. Was charged an extra $50 for something have no idea why, said it was a service charge thats standard? Will never stay in this hotel again. Should be looked into. Not very professional as far as I can see.
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2014
Ken Kozak
"Good central location"
Good location close to the staduim and six flags. Very easy to get to.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Jess
"Lots of money and problems"
It would have been fine, but the faucet in the bathtub was very loose... the maintenance guy came and showed my husband how to pull it hard and make it work... he said he would come back and fix it, but it would take awhile... it was late and we had an early flight, so we told him not to come back, but when I went to take my shower, the handle pulled out of the wall and I was unable to take a shower.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
"Convenient to DFW Airport"
Close to DFW Airport with free shuttle service. Staff were ok, nothing to brag about (although shuttle drivers were extremely nice). Facility seems older but acceptable. Three-star rating seems about right!
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"not so friendly staff"
the man at desk had an issue with the way hotels.com set up its reservations and made me sit and wait for over 45min while they tried to resolve it. the manager finally came out and said they could do this without me having to wait. all the while hotel.com on the phone had me on hold while they argued with the guy
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014