All hotels in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
10111 Bellamy Hill NwEdmontonABT5J1N7Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Poor vibe
    Bad pool
"Very good older hotel"
The staff were very polite and helpful. The hotel is centrally located. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Bresakfast buffet was quite good and had a large selection.
Don
"Difficult parking"
Hotel was very good but getting into the parking was difficult to access. Also cost $15 per day.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Very Nice"
It was a nice hotel conveniently located. I especially like the fact that it was a "round" hotel, so none of the rooms were too far away from the elevator and getting to and from parking was not a hassle.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Great Downtown location"
This hotel was a very nice place to stay, located well for the downtown area (I was able to walk to my downtown destinations) has a lovely view of the river and is situated near places to eat, etc. Bed was good and internet connection was good for my work and various streaming sites, etc.
4 night business trip May 12, 2014
Lorne Curl
"High Quality For Reasonable Price"
$20 for breakfast was way too expensive but from what I hear, hotel is under new management and they're doing a great job! For nightly price, its a great hotel with a luxurious and customer focused feel to it.
5 night business trip May 11, 2014
"Nicely appointed rooms, great location."
The hotel staff was very accommodating, the room was comfortable, clean, and well appointed, and the locating was a short walk away from the Shaw Convention Center. One thing of note, I put the hotel name into my iPhone and was directed to an apartment building a number of blocks away - double check the address.
Response by Chateau Lacombe Hotel
We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. In May 2013 our hotel converted from a long time Crowne Plaza hotel to the Chateau Lacombe Hotel. Thank you for sharing the address information. We look forward to resolving soon. Yours in hospitality,
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Pillows are dirty sheets has hair on it...they forget to put bath mat for our room...the housekeeper is friendly she was mad when we let her change the dirt pillow cases abd sheets...
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
"Decent except for the detailing"
My only problem was that the room was not properly cleaned. There was an empty condom wrapper underneath the bed and the shower had hair in it. It was very quiet and well kept other than that. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating and I loved them.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"Decent except for the detailing"
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
the hotel charged for Parking! we paid to stay at the hotel, they had way more than enough parking space available, the bathroom had signs of water damage in ceiling, the 2 chairs were Old! the windows were sealed recently the sealant had run down the outside of the windows, there were No queen size beds, I would not recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends, communication with the front desk clerks regarding cutting my stay short, had to be done 3 times with 3 different clerks, a very small room for a family of 4, not enough towels for 4, the valet parking guys were the only ones who would acknowledge us,
5 night family trip Mar 16, 2014
gregory k lewis
"Good location and room"
This hotel is opulent, comfortable and well maintained. I think the only complaints would be: 1. If you have a Market Street view room, expect it to be loud 24/7 and 2. For the rate, wifi should be included, not $20/day.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not bad at all"
Comfy and clean, so good stay overall. The only thing is the location, it is very confusing in the downtown area where there is not much room.
2 night business trip Feb 12, 2014
Slab
"A beautiful experience"
I have no idea why it took me so long to leave a review about this hotel when I have stay there over 12 times, When ever I travel to Edmonton I don't want to stay anywhere else then the Château LaComb hotel, the staff are always very warm, Friendly, welcomin, And always hopeful. The location is wonderful Right in the middle of downtown. rooms are so please comfortable,
3 night trip Jan 23, 2014
T.nelson
Perfect location for our stay, room was clean, staff was friendly n helpful.
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
Cheryl
"Great hotel in downtown"
Enjoyed the hotel. Easy walk or taxi to everywhere. I felt safe walking about at night. They were remodeling a couple of areas which should make it even better.
3 night family trip Jan 5, 2014
Stephen
"Convenient access to Calgary zoo"
Overall the hotel was luxuriant compared to places we're used to staying on our travels in the states. With a family we travel on a budget but avoid dives any where we can. This place was refreshingly nice and comfortable, although a bit of anxiety was averted with my attempt to reschedule our stay for another night, but the hotel staff and website were accomodating. Would recommend this to any one traveling with a family with convenient access to downtown Calgary sights.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Gary M.
"Great view from our room"
Although the view was lovely and the room was clean, this is a 3.5 star and not 4 hotel. The bathroom is in need of renovating, halls are worn, very little for extras. It was good enough but over rated. The staff were very friendly. The charge of $15 for parking in an unheated garage in the middle of winter in Edmonton? Money grab.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
donna
"Overall, a good hotel."
Just checked out after a 2 day stay. I liked this hotel. It is a unique building. It has a great location and great staff, it is just a little dated. With a little a facelift to the rooms, this hotel could be a truly special place!
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"Very convenient location"
Nice, prompt service with a smile!
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2013
"Nice location"
Overall was Good, the only complaint was the check-in, I think the receptionist was having a bad morning, she first stated that she could not find my reservation then asked me when I booked it, I replied not sure (while I was thinking) she state in firm voice “was is this week, 2 weeks ago or a month ago, When was it?” I wasn’t impressed anyway she found the reservation once she looked at the confirmation email I gave her from the start. Other than that the room was nice, bed was comfy, excellent location and the other staff we encountered were great.
4 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2013
"Noce hotel"
on a business trip to Edmonton for 3 days.on a business trip to Edmonton for 3 days.on a business trip to Edmonton for 3 days.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
H
Very Short, looked like someone had laid on the bed before i got there.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
"Little bit disappointed"
front desk staff was asesome very kind and helful good location But the room was not enough clean, coundt use coffee maker it seems never clearned since open the box Dirty window and too much dirt Also housekeeper opened my door without nock when my friend had just towel. Was so scared. They said that confused with the other room. But its very sireusly mistake. We was so tired and just wanted sleep so passed it. But if I was just had towel I might never pass it I might call manager.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
hanul
"I was in Edmonton for a Class Reunion"
Enjoyed my stay totally - would stay at the Chateau again if I return to Edmonton.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"near to shaw centre"
staff was excellent; facilities were acceptable but in need of some maintenance. breakfast was nice - upgraded from continental to full breakfast for 3$ /day which worked well for me. overall very happy with my stay there --good value.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
oleg
"What a view!"
We had two nights on the 19th floor with a dramatic view of the river below and the straight distant horizon lending a foundation to the huge sky. The location was perfect for us, an older couple of devoted walkers. We had a lovely day walking from downtown to the old part of the city, Old Strathcona, and on to the Muttart Conservatory by way of the extensive path system through the green space bordering the Saskatchewan river.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Good bang for buck!"
Staff was friendly, parking was included, excellent location to City Center and at half the price of other hotels.
4 night business trip Jul 25, 2013
"Decent not great"
The hotel is under a lot of construction and renovation. The parking situation was a bit annoying as you had to drive behind the hotel through an alley to park. Service was good. Location is very good.
4 night business trip Sep 4, 2013
Rasheed
"Service was excellent; clean, etc."
Our stay was worth the price... not to mention they have free continental breakfast. Although free breakfast was only for cold food, but what is $3.00 per person for hot breakfast... bacon, eggs, etc.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2013
Lilia
"Nice hotel in downtown with good river views"
From the outside this 24-floor round hotel looks a bit outdated, but it is in a nice location in downtown Edmonton, with good views of the river and close to restaurants and bars in downtown. From the inside the lobby is more modern and luxury. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The double room has two comfortable chairs and a round table, but for people who need to get work done, a desk with regular chair would be more useful.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Kasey
"The Chateau Lacombe is back!!"
Greatly improved hotel. We stopped staying here about 3 years ago but have returned to reconditioned rooms, free parking, internet, and breakfast. Staff was excellent. Great rates - a solid three star hotel. Quiet and fabulous walking location.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
Paula G.
"The room needed some refurbishing"
Overall the staff and services were great but the room itself was nothing like the pictures online.
5 night trip Jul 10, 2013
We had a good experience. The staffs were friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"comfortable place to stay"
comfortable place to stay, free breakfast buffet was good,especially the muffins and pastries, close to the offices , lots of restaurants and grocery store around, no fridge in room disappointed
6 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
Very comfortable
1 night trip Jun 11, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

The staff needs more training about Good Customer Service. the only good service I got was from the people at the restaurant, not the Rotating one, we didnt make reservations there since they were quite rude when we inquired about the restaurant. The room was good, but the shelves was really dusty, i even moved the coffee machine for them to see it, for the three days i stayed, never bothered dusting.
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2016
Maria Deborah
"One night stay"
Washrooms a little dated. Clean but could use some modernization
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2016
Jonathan
"Historic building"
Very old building. Needs renos. Great service. Friendly staff.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
Arthur
"Bad WiFi and TV"
Over all it was good but the WiFi is horrible and the channels offered on the television were limited. The good was great and the gym was pretty good.
5 night business trip Mar 2, 2016
Mitchell
"Will stay again"
Great place to stay...they are doing construction on the hotel so a little noisy.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2016
Leahann
good
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2016
Robin
"Cheap prices with some upgrading needed."
Cheap place to stay considering downtown but the hotel need some serious upgrading. The room we had had no room temperature control asides from heat on or off. It was so hot and the actual wasn't working and we couldn't open the windows. The bathroom was not in the greatest shape. Rust was in the bath tub. Overall it was OK but I wouldn't recommend it to my friends.
3 night romance trip Feb 23, 2016
Bruce
Overall, the staff was friendly and the food was good. The hotel needs to have some maintenance in terms of paint and decor. My bathtub was peeling from an update reno from a few years ago. The location was convenient for my purpose but I would not stay there for a different reason.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
We spent our Wedding Night here and then returned for our 40th Anniversary. We had supper in LaRond revolving restaurant and had a great experience.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
"I'd stay again"
Stay was good, a little disappointing that you have to pay almost $20 for parking.
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2016
"Would not stay there again."
The room, especially the bathroom, is very outdated but decent for the price. Poor TV quality, reminded me of my childhood were we had an antenna on the roof. Prices on the breakfast menu are ridicoulos, $6 for a muffin or $4 for a toast. Parking is not included, $19 for one night is a little to much. To be honest, due to the amount of other hotels in the neighborhood, i would rather pay $20 more and stay somewhere else next time.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
"Wonderful hotel in the heart of downtown"
Really enjoyed the stay, choose a concierge room, included complimentary wine/beer and canapé from 5-8. Room was very nicely decorated, parking was underground at a cost (cheap for downtown) Really enjoyed this hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2016
Renee
"Great value hotel"
Overall great hotel. The bathroom and tub in particular was a little old and not that appealing. The service was great. The bed was comfortable. Not bad for the price .
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2016
Valerie
"Worst sleep ever"
It was an awful stay. They took about 45 minutes to get back at us about room service. They had the lifeline cables right outside our room that kept smacking the window every 15 minutes so I didn't sleep whatsoever. The pullout couch couldn't pullout so I had an extremely uncomfortable sleep. Disappointed
1 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2016
Kyle
Stay was great. However, communication b/w Hotels.com and Chateau Lacombe seemed non-existent at the time as our reservation was not received by said hotel. Had room delay due to communication issue.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016