All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
5700 East 28th Street Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very Pleased"
This was a business overnight trip, everything was nice, clean and the staff was attentive. The pool area was very nice, I would return whether for business or with the family.
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
Gordon
No service in the restaurant. Went elsewhere. Front desk team SUPER.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Peter, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had a super experience with the front desk. Please accept our apologies for the trouble you experienced when trying to visit the restaurant. We are consistently trying to improve and will use your feedback to help us with the process. We would love it if you gave us a second chance to show you what good customer service means to us. Sincerely, Hannah Social Media Coordinator
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Good hotel... Big Positives and Big Negatives"
Business Stay - My biggest complaint was that it took 3 calls to the front desk to have my room made up by housekeeping. I had a suite so it was a larger room and I don't know if that was the reason why but housekeeping was lacking. My biggest compliment goes to Jeannine who worked in the bar. She was FABULOUS!! Great personality. Helped me with learning the area, very attentive to my requests. Went above and beyond to make my stay relaxing and enjoyable.
3 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Never Coming Back Here Again"
Well for starters check in took forever. There were about 5 people ahead of me and it took almost 45 minutes before I was checked in. The walls were paper thin and I was put on the first floor which was awful because there was some sort of convention going on around the corner from my room. I could hear every conversation that was going on in the hallway. And to make matters worse I saw a little cockroach crawling around the bathroom area. Needless to say I am NEVER coming back here again!!
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
Safa
"Great location and great value for room charge."
Hotel staff was very pleasant and nice, we arrived late and they were ready for us and let us have a late check out the next day. Rooms are very comfortable and clean, carpet could be updated though..a bit musty. Great location right off express-way, and next to Walmart and great choice of eateries. Worth the price!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Rebecca
"Very Nice Hotel, but not too Suite!"
It always irritates me when hotels throw a coffee maker on the bathroom sink and then call the room a "suite".
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Bruce
"Worth it!"
Beautiful on the inside needs a big exterior update.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
Angela
"Very nice, but just shy of our high expectations"
The hotel was nice, the room was well appointed and sizable, and the pool was a nice touch. We were a little disappointed the the outside pool and bar were closed even though it was warm out, but it was still spring and recent weeks had been chilly, so it's understandable they hadn't opened it yet. Overall a very nice hotel near the malls. If you want an authentic downtown experience (not a chain restaurant, you need to drive about 10-15 minutes across town or catch an uber).
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Darrin
"Not up to expectations for Crowne Plaza."
The building is aged. Hallways, elevators are dated. Wifi wasn't connecting in the morning.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
"A Great Stay"
I was there on business for a couple of days and I truly enjoyed the room, very comfortable and clean
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Silvia
Only thing that i was disappointed about was that after certain hour you cant get in to the building except from the front door. It was very inconvenient if you have lots of stuff to carry in.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Comfortable hotel ,central location."
Staff very courteous, helpful, special request met promptly
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Harold
"Very enjoyable"
We spent time in the room, the lounge, and the pool. It was quite nice.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Very Ordinary"
I expect more from the Crowne Plaza chain. For a lot less cost I can stay in a perfectly decent 3 star hotel and get breakfast included. I chose it for the 24 hours airport shuttle service but it took 45 min to arrive despite only being 10 min away. The room I booked was not available, despite arriving at 5:00pm. The key failed on two occasions. No apologies were offered for any of these failures. Very ordinary hotel.
3 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
"Northern bound for skiing"
Worked well for a one night rest
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"OK but very large"
OK hotel but very large - long walk to rooms. noticeable security guards around and signs in the parking lot "not responsible for damage or theft to autos" - not a comforting warning.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
"Miami Get Away"
It was booked for a one night stay before vacation Hotel has full shuttle service to and back from airport and lets you leave your car while you are on vacation.Very nice staff great deal taking in all the hotel does for you
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Edward a., Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our convenient "Park and Fly" option. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again for your generous review. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
1 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Edward a.
The staff was wonderful but the room smelled a bit musty. I have stayed there one other time and I thought it was just that room. The staff was wonderful though and the breakfast buffet was amazing. The service was top notch I just thought perhaps the carpet needed a good cleaning to get that smell out. Not sure, I have a very sensitive nose. Overall, it was a really nice stay.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and breakfast buffet. That being said, thank you for bringing up your concerns during your stay. We will look into the matter and forward your comments on the proper management. Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great place, would stay again"
We had an amazing time. The staff was helpful from the moment we arrived. The room was very clean and spacious. The furniture was comfortable and had plenty of commodities. It was located near plenty of shopping center and restaurants.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Tawni, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, overnight rooms, and location. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Tawni
"hot tub and pool needs adult time."
I think that there should be an adult time for pool and hot tub. We couldnt even use them.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
jessica
"nice hotel"
Overall stay was great. We ordered room service and the kids pizza was awful..just do not get it. The quesadilla was okay taste but full of grease...box and mic kind. Unfortunately room did not have a microwave.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
ashley
We go here to use the pool and hot tub. The hot tub is always up to tempiture.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate that you enjoyed our pool and sauna area. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Asst. & Social Media Coordinator
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"The best place to stay on the East side."
We found the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids to be an excellent place for what we needed. We had a suite which was very attractive and comfortable. There was a mini fridge and microwave and a dining table. That was particularly helpful when we had family visit. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our room came with breakfast buffet which had a nice selection and the food was good.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Babaemmah, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a generous review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our suite, staff, and breakfast buffet. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Asst. & Social Media Coordinator
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Babaemmah
"Clean and Comfortable"
Employees very nice and helpful.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Ruth, Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay. We appreciate that you noted that our staff was nice and helpful. We will be sure to pass along your compliments. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids for your overnight stay needs. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Asst. & Social Media Coordinator
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
Ruth
"Crowne Plaza"
We booked a room with 2 beds for a bachelorette party. However when we arrived there was one queen size bed, and the entire hallway was packed with elementary age hockey players. When we called to the office the front desk was super rude but asked us to come down, when we did we were approached by the manager who then gave us a room with a king size bed and a pull out couch. Not the ultimate set up, but it worked. Still very disappointed.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"nice, comfortable stay"
the pool was full of families having a potluck, so we didn't use it. otherwise nice place. maybe next time i'll check out the restaurant/bar.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
The hotel was average in most all aspects. Outdated in decor, uncomfortable bed, mediocre staff and cleanliness. Our heater actually smoked and burnt out and we had to be moved from our beds to a dif room. We expected much better in all areas.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"beds were worn out and uncomfortable"
Nice hotel all around. The only bad thing was the beds were uncomfortable and needed updated.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
shawn
"OK"
Making me type a minimum of 50 characters a lot to ask in a survey. You do not make it easy to give feedback on the hotel. Sharpen Up!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Black Friday Retreat"
Hotel staff were very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable!
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Frankie
"Nice Hotel Close To everything"
Hotel was clean, quite and in good location near shops and food.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"My ONLY negative"
Room was clean and everything was fine until I got into one of the beds; the mattress was awful (very, very soft) and my back hurt in the morning. I slept on the other side of the bed the next night and altho it was better, it wasn't great. I did tell them at the front desk so hopefully they did something. Thank you.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Not All That "Accessible""
There was confusion on arrival, and we went to three rooms before landing in the one with requested features. Also, the "accessibility" features were not good - there was little room to maneuver in the bedroom, and the shower seat was small and uncomfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
"Wrong room"
I purchased a room through Expedia with a single king sized bed and a sofa but got a room with two queens and no sofa. The single sized upholstered chair was crammed in a corner with no nearby light to read by. I wasn't given the free breakfast pass at check in that I paid for but we got that straightened out. The hotel is clean and things are kept in order. The eating area for breakfast is spacious and the hot breakfast buffet fair to good. It was worth a little extra price for the pool.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
"One Night Stay In Mi."
The desk help w ere SuPER in letting me have a very late check out with NO Pressure but just genuine assistnace! :)
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
rebecca a.
Bed was super comfy!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
The room looked worn. Chair was faded. Door handle to bathroom missing screws and parts hanging ajar. Mattress was comfortable and bedding was good. Rates were a bargain.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Pam
"Marathon Stay"
I had a marathon in downtown Grand Rapids the hotel was easy on and off the highway to get to the marathon location. The room was very nice. I could see that it was a little older and run down looks like they had patches in the ceiling in both the room and bathroom. I asked for late checkout so I could come back and shower after the marathon. They front desk was very happy to accommodate me. I noticed an extra $50.00 charge out of my account today. If this was for the late check out it makes me mad that I was not made aware of the extra charge. If it's not I'm not sure why I have that extra $50.00 taken out of my account.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Colleen
"Nice hotel, except for the bed"
Our one night stay was going well until bedtime. The center of the bed was broken down. All night long the bed tried to swallow my wife and I. Neither of slept much that night since we could not get comfortable. Everything else at the hotel and in the room was very nice.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Shawn
"Pretty nice"
Would have liked a fridge in the room, but enjoyed my stay and my room. Very comfy bed and the room was clean and nice. Would stay again and recommend to friends and family. Good bang for your buck.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beds, rooms, and value of stay. That being said, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the lack of fridges in our rooms. We do offer fridges and microwaves to be rented for $10 each or $15 for both. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope to welcome you and your loved ones back to our hotel soon. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Asst. & Social Media Coordinator
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
"Comfortable beds but facilities are dated"
I was expecting more from this hotel as it was a Crowne Plaza but the place felt out of date. It could definately use a remodel. I think they remodeled the room we were in in the past few years, but it felt like they only did easy things so it felt like the room was older. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not actually exhaust anywhere, it just recirculated the air through a filter that was pretty much clogged and so the bathroom got really fogged up while taking showers. It seems they used to have a heat lamp to help with this problem but it was replaced with a CFL bulb so it didn't help. The CFL bulb is a perfect example of the cheap remodel as they should have either removed the light completely or put in a more appropriate fixture instead of just swapping the bulb.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Cody
"Two night stay"
The location is great. There is a Maijer's across the street. Tim Hornton's. The rooms have balconies. The bed was comfortable. Overall clean. Friendly Staff.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Silvia, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, rooms, beds, cleanliness, and staff. We will forward your compliments to the proper management so we can give praise where needed. Thank you again for your generous feedback and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay. Best, Christine Vo Sales & Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Silvia
"Good hotel !!! Needs improvement !!!"
Before reservation, I called the hotel to find out about the indoor pool. I wanted to know what temperature was the water and was in functional . She said yes and it was 82 degrees. Reason is called I have an 8 year old son who was looking forward to a night of swimming with his mom and dad. We arrived at the hotel, the staff up front at the desk were great ! Check in was quick and they were friendly. Went to the room, also liked the room. It could have used a little better cleaning. We got changed in swimming gear, went down stairs, the pool area looked great. But We were very disappointed ! The water temp was cold ! We ended up only using the jacuzzi which was Ok. After that , went back to the room to order room service. This was the most disappointing , we made our order. We were told 30 minutes. It took over an hour !! When we did get our food, it was soggy and cold. Like it had sat around for a while. Plus they forgot some of the extras the food was suppose to come with. Slept Ok. Need to work on telling the truth and better service for the customers, it was not a cheap stay, should be getting great service. They fix those little issues, it will be perfect.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you received great service from our front desk staff. That being said, on behalf of the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our pool area, housekeeping, and room service. We have forwarded your concerns to the proper management and will address them accordingly. Thank you again for your honest review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future to show you what we have done since your stay. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Worked for us."
All ok except lipstick on bathroom glass. Nothing else wrong.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your honest review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. That being said, we have forwarded your concerns about the bathroom glass to our Director of Housekeeping, Elsa Colby, in an effort to address it. Thank you again for your candid review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. Best, Christine Vo Sales/Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not bad but not impressed"
check in was quick...after we finally figured out how to get into the parking lot. very confusing. Room was shockingly far away from the pool, restaurant, and front desk. We stayed two nights and paid for the breakfast buffet with the room....I wish we hadn't of done that. Don't pay $10 for it; they have "servers" for drinks if you can find one and a typical hotel buffet. We stayed two nights; the maid service never came and we needed towels. The walls are VERY thin; I had to bang on our wall behind the bed to quiet the very LOUD woman in the room next to us. That was a fun conversation with my son...There are lots of restaurants and stores around the hotel. We were there to visit my oldest at college so we didn't see all the sites around the hotel. I know my review sounds horrible; I just expected more out of a Crowne Plaza...I could of saved money and paid a lot cheaper for the same experience.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Christina
The bath tub had no roughness on the bottom. I fell trying to get out of the shower. That was Sunday, this if Thursday and I am still so sore I can barely get around. I will never stay I a crown plaza again.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
66 yrs old
guest service was nice along with the wait staff,
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Special stay enhanced by hotel quality"
My daughter and I came on a spur of the moment girls' getaway. We booked in a hurry and arrived to a very pleasant surprise. The hotel was lovely, well maintained and every staff member was pleasant and helpful. We misunderstood the breakfast times and the staff was more than accommodating. We were really able to relax. As two women coming to the "big city" for the weekend, we felt safe and respected. Highly recommend.
Response by Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids - Airport
Dear Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff was able to provide you with excellent customer service. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids as your place to stay and for your generous review. Best, Christine Vo Sales/ Catering Assistant & Social Media Coordinator
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Slightly dated, but overall good hotel experience"
I spent the weekend at the Crowne Plaza and was overall happy with my stay. The hotel rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Some of the fixtures and decor in the rooms show their age and my biggest disappointment was the lack of a mini fridge in the room. I do feel it was well worth the cost to stay there and the staff were very kind and helpful. The only thing that would have made my stay there more enjoyable would be to have a mini fridge in the room.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Top Notch"
Price was right, high level room soaps and amenities - tub surrounding could have been cleaned a little better...my only knock on it. Also no continental breakfast but a Panera Bread is half a mile away for a quick easy bagel.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2014