All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here5700 East 28th Street Se, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent Stay"
Stay was awesome! Common areas were very nice, rooms were neat and well designed and Garfield at the Tiki Bar was awesome.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Adam
We especially loved the indoor/outdoor pool.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Shuttle pick up"
We have stayed here before and will likely stay again. Our only complaint was waiting for over an hour for our shuttle pick up in spite of 2 calls. The flight from Minneapolis to Grand Rapids was shorter than our shuttle wait? The manager on duty when made aware comp'd us some refreshments and went out of his way to make us comfortable. Things happen when you travel. We are going to look beyond this, though I might be more certain next time when I ring for a shuttle that one is on the way!
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Good location."
It was a comfortable room and the room service was excellent!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
This property is not spectacular, but is adequate in every way. Hotel is dated, and a little tired, but some renovations are taking place. Parking lot is very dimly lit, but hotel itself is bright and clean. Nothing too fancy, but perfectly acceptable for an overnight stay.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Thumbs up"
Location was perfect and so was our stay. Would come again next year.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Extremely comfortable and clean!"
I have only positive things to say about our stay. The beds were very comfortable and the room very clean. Excellent water pressure in the bathroom! The service was friendly, and the location convenient. My daughter enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. I enjoyed the little aroma-therapy packet they left on my pillow. It was the little details that made our visit so enjoyable. Would definitely stay again, if the price was right. Next time, I will be sure to pay the extra $10 to have breakfast included. (Forgot to do that this time, but there was a Tim Horton's across the street, so it wasn't a problem.)
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Beth B.
"Would not be my first choice."
I was the only person in the lobby and the staff did not greet me. They were talking and working so I patiently waited. A guest came up to the desk and asked a question at the same time another employee came out from the back. He walked right past me and helped her. I then asked if this was where I checked in. They said oh your're here to check in? One gentleman started to check me in. Then the other one that walked past me first asked him a question about how he checked me in. Something extra he was supposed to do. He proceeded to show him and took over checking me in. But then someone entered the store. Instead of one of the other three employees helping them, he stopped helping me to help them. After about 5 minutes one of the other employees finally finished checking me in. It was the worst treatment ever. The night time staff was friendly and greeted us as soon as we walked in the door. The morning staff when I checked out were much more attentive and cordial. We were concerned about not being able to sleep because there were so many kids and it was very noisy. We were pleased that we never heard a sound. We slept very comfortably. The handrail in one of the elevators was broken. The tiles were cracked. The carpets and walls were dirty in some of the hallways. It was not worth the rate I paid.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Clean and friendly but OLD"
Staff does a good job with working with what they have. Old property that I'm sure used to be the Belle of the Ball. Those days are long gone.
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
"Nice. Close to airport, but not too close."
Everything a person needs for a business trip. Would stay here again.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Quiet Location"
Wonderful
1 night romance trip May 17, 2014
"Dont Advertise Airport Pickup and Free Breakfast!"
Sat at the Airport for over an hour waiting for pickup. Kept calling and was told they were on there way but it was only 2.5 miles? Not good. They also advertised free breakfast and then I was told I didn't qualify.. NOT A GOOD STAY, AND NOT HAPPY.
1 night business trip May 16, 2014
Beds barely average. Not up to an upper level hotel.
2 night romance trip May 13, 2014
"Wonderful"
Location was great, outside of downtown so there was no crazy traffic but still close enough to enjoy downtown with just a short drive. Great pool area and restaurant in hotel,
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Darin
"Fun weekend with the family."
The staff was helpful and nice. The rooms were clean and the kids loved the pool. Located near the highway for easy travel around GR.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Short"
Too short to give more detail. But was very comfortable for the $ value.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Not too far from downtown Grand Rapids"
Very lovely, unfortunately there is no breakfast included. You have to pay for that yourself. It made me eat somewhere else. The pool and sauna were great but the hot tub could have used more cleaning maintenance. The room was very comfortable. My husband and I slept very soundly and comfortably.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Central location; comfort"
Comfortable stay; courteous staff; cleanliness obvious; nice outdoor and indoor pool and surroundings. Restuarant is typical hotel; rather bland but servicable. location good if driving with 28th St main Big Box drag for Grand Rapids...but can walk to about half a dozen restaurants and Meijer Supermarket & gas station (good pricing/great selection)
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Bob S
"Convenient"
Our family needed to stay overnight to catch the train the next day. It was located close to where we were leaving our car and the taxi ride to the train station was not bad. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small, wouldn't want to be here for a long extended stay because of it. Staff friendly.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Breakfast buffet was the nicest part. Waitress, bartender and front desk personnel couldn't have been nicer. Was disappointed that there were so many kids and others using the pool and hot tub that night (a Friday, so shouldn't have been surprised) that we opted not to. Also, people on both sides of our room were noisy enough at 8 am to wake us up. Rude people and/or not enough insulation in walls.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
There was three of us there for a seminar. We booked our room online. The front desk was very polite and helpful. Although it is an older hotel, the rooms were clean and comfortable! It was a very nice stay! I would stay there again!
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
Samantha
"Me & Three Boys"
The hotel was nice. The staff friendly and the boys loved the pool and at the time of our stay they also booked for a lacrosse and basketball tournament and even with all the kids I didn't see one issue. Thank you for a great stay
2 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
Terrance
"Very nice!"
It was great (: they even helped us find good places to eat
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Easy to find"
I stayed here for 1 night for a concert. I flew into the airport and it was very easy to find from there. I got in well before the normal check in time but was allowed to check in anyway. I missed the lunch service so ordered room service which I rarely do, but my meal was very good. It was hot, cooked to order and delivered promptly. The service in the hotel was extremely good. I would highly recommend this for any length stay.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
patky
"Not Crown Plaza level"
My room was clean but wrinkled, the facilities are old. The staff, disinterested.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Great value"
Clean rooms, great location easy-on/off to local expressway, It is evident that in it's prime, the Crowne Plaza was a jewel. Its a bit dated, and could use some updating if you are into the glitzy glamour of todays 5 star hotels. Could not beat the price, and only 8 miles from downtown GR. Would definately stay again.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Randy
"Nice pool/ hot tub/sauna/ work out room"
Close to every thing in Grand Rapids, malls, colleges, airport. But didn't need to go anywhere because they had everything we needed in the hotel.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Tammy
"Close To Airport"
Big hotel, close to the airport, quality up a notch from the Hampton Inn brand but no free breakfast. Nice pool, ots of rooms, rooms are a little noisy.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
World Traveller
"Stuck in Grand Rapids"
I booked this hotel last minute since I got stuck in Grands Rapids due to a flight cancellation. Hotel is nice and clean. I wish they would have more available toiletries for travelers who get stuck, otherwise all was good.
1 night business trip Feb 13, 2014
Was here for a 4 day business meeting. The staff did a great job with the conference room, keeping all of the beverages stocked and the room clean. The food was what you would expect-decent but not amazing. Stayed one night, the room was clean although a little worn. Happy to have lots of pillows and a comfortable bed.
1 night business trip Feb 13, 2014
"On the S.E side of GR...the better of choice"
It works...The rooms are well appointed for the price point...They should offer a lower rate in off weeks...it's never busy and lacks energy...
1 night trip Feb 11, 2014
"Super comfortable hotel."
I have stayed here many times. I love it here. The bed is comfortable and I love the "Sleep Time" lotions and spray they have for their guests. I would definitely stay here again, and again.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
"Quiet and nice surroundings!"
The rooms are very nice and comfortable here. The bed was extremely pleasing to sleep on. The pool was beautiful and well maintained. My only criticism was that the wifi was hard to connect with on an IPad, however I was able to coneect with my computer and my phone.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Rachel
"Unfriendly Staff"
When we had an issue, the desk clerk was very rude and unprofessional. We will not stay there again due mainly to that fact. We were treated very poorly.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
"Convenient location and very clean rooms."
The maids were great! They didn't bother us if we slept in and did an excellent job of keeping the room stocked and clean. Exceptional! The bed was not as supportive and comfortable as I need, but most people would be ok with it. The location is close to many things and it was quiet, except for some loud young people in the hall up to 2am Saturday night.
6 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Cyndi
"Small room/ small bathroom."
Way too small bathroom. Also expect long walk to your room. Ugly wall paper. I am sorry if you charge over hundred dollar, make it worth it.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Gelila
"Great room, but the hallway smelled awful"
Our room was wonderful, clean and very nice. Every single employee that I met was kind and asked if I needed any help. The only downside was that the hallway our room was located in smelled like raw sewage. I did tell the desk clerk as we were leaving (since we arrived at 10 pm and left about 9 am the next morning). Thankfully, our room did not smell at all and it was quiet and pleasant. Would definitely stay there again. Who spends a lot of time in the hallway?
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Christie
"In need of refurbishment"
We stayed here for just one night when our power went out in the recent storm. I remember Crowne Plaza being one of the nicer hotels in the area. While that was that case at one time, it is desperate need of refurbishment now. The overall appearance is a little tired, and the buckets in the common areas catching leaks kind of summed up the level of disrepair the hotel was in. We had u-shaped beds that offered little to no support. There were some broken fixtures in the room, chips and scrapes in the bathroom floor and the wall outlet wouldn't hold a plug. It wasn't offensively dirty, but had clearly just gotten a quick once-over. There was dust building up near the vents, the mirror had fingerprints, and the walls were in need of a cleaning. Linens seemed clean, and most importantly there was power. We appreciated the quick and friendly room service at 9:30PM! As they say, "Any port in a storm." It was storming like crazy, we didn't have power at home, so we made the best of it and headed out for school/work the next morning at 6:15AM. We'll definitely choose another local hotel next time, though.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
Pamela
"Nice hotel, close to airport."
Nice hotel value near airport. Friendly staff. Clean room, very comfortable bed. Quiet, comfortable room. Wireless internet easy to access. Airport shuttle on-time and reliable. Walmart right across the street convenient. Everything met my expectations. Would stay again.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Excellent customer service"
The room was nice, the door of the bathroom was falling off, and the toilet would not flush. Maintenance came promptly and fixed the problems. Very friendly front desk staff, the restaurant and maid service all 5 stars. Would recommend this hotel. Great location from the airport.
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
"Hotel o.k. front desk staff terrible"
Our stay was o.k except for the VERY UNFRIENDLY AND RUDE lady that checked us in. Will not return to that hotel.
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Dissatisfied
"Prepare to walk."
The hotel is difficult to navigate because it is so spread out. Had to walk down ridiculously long halls to reach eleveators. The swimming pool was cold and the hot tub was filthy; not very hot and full of dirty foam. Probably will not stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
"Comfort and great amenities"
The relaxation lotion, gel and spray were such nice touches. Definitely made the room feel more high end and helped me sleep!
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
We normally will only stay at hotels that offer continental breakfast because my husband can't eat traditional breakfast due to his health. This hotel did not offer continental, could not access their internet even with a password and the bathroom was extremely small. Other than that the shower was nice and hot and the bed was comfortable.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Very Nice Overnight Stay"
I booked this hotel for an overnight stay for a friend's wedding day, and it was ideal. For the money the room was very nice - marble walled showers and very comfortable bedding. Standard 27" flatscreen TV. Nice sink/vanity area outside of the bathroom. Would have been a lot better if there were rooms with jacuzzi tubs or something, but I can't complain for what I paid. Location is great, right off of the main road - near several restaurants and in between a Meijer and a Walmart.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Staff really doesn't care about guests"
Overall, this was one of my more frustrating stays at a hotel that has a reasonably good reputation. There was no refrigerator available. Even the cheapest, junkiest hotels I have stayed at provide refrigerators. I could never get the internet to work after entering their password and getting the message "Login Successful". I called their front desk and tech support for the three days I was there and they never took any action to correct the problem or attempt any followup. Although the bar had a great beer selection and decent cocktail choices, I advise don't order any food from their kitchen. The room was reasonably clean and comfortable, but the rest of the building (lobby, hallways, elevators, etc) was very hot and humid. I would tell anyone who asked about this hotel to look elsewhere for a pleasant stay.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Tony R
"Perfect for our purposes."
Able to get a great meal with drinks. Was in range of all the sites of Grand Rapids. We were treated very well.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
JimB
"Nice accomodations"
Overall good experience. Ordered a room with a King size bed and was given one with 2 Queens. Called the front desk and they moved us to the correct room and gave us coupons for free breakfast. The breakfast was good. The room was eloquent and comfortable. Would stay again.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Weekend in GR"
Check in was fine. Excellent value. Convenient to restaurants and expressway.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Good hotel for the price"
Good hotel for the price. Staff was helpful. Bed could have been more comfortable, but it was okay.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013