All hotels in Brownwood, Texas, United States of America
515 E Commerce Street, Brownwood, TX, 76801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.2
    2.7
    2.2
    1.9
"Don't bother... Pay extra for elsewhere!"
Nothing advertised offered. The place is being renovated and they'll set you up in OLD rooms. No hot water in the shower and after told never fixed. Couldn't stay... awful! I just hope the renovation's get done SOON.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Lori
"Very disappointed"
The first room we got had a used deodorant stick in the corner, a few dead bugs and no blankets/bedspread/comforter on top of the sheets. Also, the phone (which was plugged in) did not work, at all. It was advertised that there would be free WiFi. Well, thetre was...but it did not reach insdide the rooms. There was no remote control for the TV and the TV did not even have a power button on it. We were given a second room, upon complaint and the only good thing I can say is that it did have a blanket and comforter on the beds and the TV did have a working TV with a remote control. The office had a bad odor and reaked of stale smoke. One of the three different people I dealt with in the office seemed pleasant. I will, most definitely, NEVER stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Martha
Just needed a room to crash out in after a night of partying. For that it was ok - a couple of beds. For anyone expecting something more it is not worth the stay. The hotel bar & restaurant were good though. The hotel was definitely wore down a bit, but it served its purpose for the price.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Very old and dirty.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Avoid Budget Inn and Suites Brownwood"
We had three rooms with six guys staying there for two nights. The rooms were not cleaned the next day and no towels available. There was never any hot water for any of the three rooms. When the front desk was confronted our guys staying at the hotel were told the manager would be there on Monday (the day after they would be checking out) for any complaints. When I called the number for the hotel it was a line for Magnuson Hotels. There message was about reservations, asking if I was a hotel wanting to join the Magnuson chain it did say I could go to there web site and and write about my experience. Writing about it here will have to suffice. I do want to add that after calling the number for the hotel I called Hotels.com they were more than helpful in making this right.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
Don't do it
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
"It is just okay..."
Not a bad place. Needs a little work. Our room was leaking in bathroom from second floor, let front desk know when we checked out, it wasn't something that just started it has been there. Staff friendly. It was a okay place to sleep for a few hours and get up and head home.
Other trip May 31, 2015
crystal
"Hotel was ok"
It was a good place for the price. Some of the other guest were a bit loud.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Get what you pay for"
I was not expecting a lot when I rented the room and that's what I got. Room smelled overly clean but actually was not. Toilet had dried urine on the seat. Mattresses and pillows were of good quality and seemed clean. Pool was not in working order...empty.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Leslie
"Weekend"
We needed a place to stay for a couple of days due to a family function. The room was not as clean as what I would have liked. It needed to be vacuumed. The table was coming apart but the bathroom was clean and it had everything we needed. The staff was very nice and helpful. We would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Mimi
"Place sucks"
This place sucked it had bed bugs and roaches. They would not give me a refund said I brought the critters with me.
Response by Budget Inn & Suites Brownwood
The management was not notified of any complaints regarding any kinds of bugs. If the hotel management had notified the individual would have been moved to another room and offered a refund,
1 night family trip Mar 17, 2015
"This place is a dump"
EVRYTHING WAS BROKEN FROM THE SWITCH PLATES TO THE BATHROOM COUNTER SPIUDER WEBS AND DIRT THE ROOM HAS NOT BEEN CLEAN IN YEARS.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Jefe
"If everyone else is full... stay in the car."
Dirty. Various crumbs, rubber bands, unknown elements on the floor. Scared to walk barefoot. Scared of the bed - if the room is this dirty - how clean can the sheets be? Literally didn't step two feet into the bathroom. Loud. Could hear multiple conversations happening around the room. Woken up by two women yelling at each other at 4am. Conveniences. None. No remote control for the tv. WiFi unable to connect. Slept a few hours and scrambled out as soon as I woke up.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Horrible"
The room and bathroom was dirty....The room had a horrible odor....The blow dryer and telephone didn't work....There wasn't a clock or anything to tell the time....It was just an all around bad motel!!
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Tammy
"never again"
Will not go back.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
lori
"waste of time"
It was horrible.bugs, mold, holes in ceiling take your pic as to what's wrong with this place
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Room run down. Smelled. Bed collapsed on one side and in terrible condition.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
It was a warm room. That was about the only positive.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"My opinion"
All went well however the room had a lot of bugs. The shower was clogged up and the coffee pot was molded.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Christy
"Would NOT recommend this hotel"
There were roaches in the room
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Kirk
"Nasty"
An extended stay hotel with questionable people standing in theor doorways smoking and other questionable people loitering in the stairwell . Loud at night around 2 am. Cigarette burns on comforters on bed and holes in the wall.
"staff very nice"
Hotel was older so fixtures and room was as expected. Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Not the Nicest but not the worest"
The room wasn't the cleanest room I have ever stayed in and the mattresses were horribly dirty and stained. But it was a bed and it wasn't completely uncomfortable. The pool was nice and so was the hot tub. Cute little club/bar in the hotel with pool in dancing. For one night and 50.00 it wasn't horrible. I would stay there again if I had too. Looks like they are trying to make improvements to the place, but it's a slow go.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
Nicole
"You asked for it"
Take a look at the garbage under the bed. Live bugs in the drawers. Dead bugs around the edges of the room (vacuum can't reach them)
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
busa
"Do NOT waste your time or money!"
This hotel was the worst experience I have ever had. It started off when I walked into the lobby to check in and the woman at the front desk was talking about still being drunk from the night before and flirting with a very shady looking man. When I approached the desk to check in she was obviously very irritated that I had interrupted her conversation and gave me very minimal customer service. After checking in and entering our room it only got worse. The room was extremely run down and had an awful smell. The bedding looked clean but the shower curtain had mold on it. Needless to say, we did not stay. So don't waste your time or money even bothering with this place, you will definitely regret it.
Response by Budget Inn & Suites Brownwood
I want to apologize for any misconceptions this guest had with the the hotel. While we do not condone our employees talking about their nights off we can not control it either.As to saying that the man looked shady is biased comment. And the guest upon returning the key to the desk did not register any of the complaints found here with the front desk. Had they been notified we would have found another room for this guest to make their comfort level was met. Thank you
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"easy to find"
Very comfortable bed. Nice and quiet
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Krieger
"Do not stay here!!"
Stay somewhere else!! Motel staff re-rented our room to some one else while we were out. Came back to find people in our room.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Amber
The staff was basically invisible. We asked about an ice machine. Were told where to look, instead of an ice machine all we found was a trash barrel. I called to ask about breakfast, told there would be coffee and donuts. Didn't find those either.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Worst Hotel Experience of my life"
I've stayed in better hotels in the third world. I booked two rooms at this dump at the last minute because everything else was sold out in this small town. The desk clerk only had a reservation for one room for one night as opposed to two rooms for two nights. The door to my room appeared to have been kicked in and I soon learned why - the latch bolt did not pull all the way back into the lock so I had to force the door open - that's where all the kicking damage came from. They didn't even clean the room, make the bed, empty the trash, or pick up the dirty towels. Other than a toilet and a shower (the best thing about this place - hot water with great pressure), I would have been better off sleeping in my truck.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Chuck
"Not a good deal"
The room is very dirty, the only thing good is a comfortable bed but a comfortable bed when it's in a dirty room doesn't help much.
Other trip May 6, 2014
silvana
"Old, run down and in need of updating everywhere"
Wouldn't come back. What else is there to say? How much more am I supposed to type here.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"It is what it is"
There is nothing fancy about the room and if you're staying multiple days, they don't clean it. But for a 55 dollar room now days, it was just fine. Our room was freshly cleaned when we arrived.
3 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
I went to the room I was given to find someone still in the room and fully occupying that room. The second room I was given, it took me several tries just to get into the room. The room was very outdated. The ceiling was cracked and sagging. The tub was stained or very filithy. I used flip flops when taking a shower. The sink was old and scratched. The faucet handles were rusted and I had to turn them in the opposite direction to get water flowing. The pool was empty. There is a real bar on site, so the parking lot is full of people other than hotel guest. You can hear drunk people laughing and shouting till 1am. The website stated there was a breakfast buffet, I never found one. The room I had was supposedly a non-smoking room, but when I got home and unpacked my clothes, I realized that all my clothes smelled like smoke.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Never staying again!"
We got there, and got to our room, it had no heat, had to have maintenance come and they couldn't fix it so we got another room. That room had no hot water, had to have maintenance come back out, and they couldn't fix that either. Got a third room, still no hot water, but at midnight with 2 babies in the freezing cold we weren't going to change rooms again. The next morning when we checked out, we were told we couldn't even have or receipt. We will never stay there again!
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2013
"CREEPY AND GROSS"
Whenever we pulled into the place, we already had a bad feeling. The cleaning girl out front was twitching while smoking what we hope was just a cigarette and looked as though she was scared we were going to get her in trouble. When we went to check in, they couldn't tell us if our room was ready so we had to wait for said cleaning girl to go check. All seemed to be clear. We had to run an errand and whenever we returned 20 minutes later, the cleaning girl was working on our room. Please don't say check in is at 2pm when it's not ready until 4pm. The room was disgusting. Stains all over the carpet. If you have a choice-- DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Smc
"Horrible place."
Worst motel I've been in, literally a "roach" motel...
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Jackie
"Petty Reuion"
We 1st got there the room was not readdy. We had to wait 1 hour to get sheet on the beds. We had a dog so the next day we did not get any clean towel. We went to the front dest to get some they had 2 and we were a party of 4. they had NO washcloth. we were there 2 night
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
Millicent
"Overnight hunting stay"
I took four adults and myself hunting. We wanted a motel close to hunting. We got that not much else. The sheets we flat and the edge of the mattress was showing. Mattress was used up. The room was clean.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
steve
"great motel for the price"
We will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Holly
"Terrible"
The room was filthy. Coffee pot had molded coffee in it, the floor had trash on it, the air conditioner didn't work, there was stick drinks spilled all over the furniture. Not a clean place at all. Guess as they say, you get what you pay for.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2013
Pam
"Very friendly place and people."
Rooms could have been a little cleaner, lady at front desk was very helpful, friendly and polite. Had used grills for grilling. The only thing that bothered me was the other guest on Friday staying up parting all night from working all week. Every one needs a release but these are regulars that stay here.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2013
satisfied
staff smoking in front of office...makes it look trashy. Ordered two rooms to be close together and did not get it. One room did not have a phone in it. Dad said that was a hotel not to try again.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
susan
Will not stay again.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"a motel"
I would only recommend this motel as a last resort stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Very convienant place"
The staff was very nice to my grandson and i,the price was very affordable, the swimming pool was very clean, and very clear, the location of the motel itself was in a very convenient location,i would recommend this place to anyone interstead in knowing about iti
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
janice
"good"
the restaurant does have complimentary breakfast but only serves one thing not an option. will not recommend the restaurant. there is a bar near pool area my family and I had to go inside when the drunks came out getting ready to fight.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"We get what we pay for"
The first room was thick with smell of mildew. Gal at desk was very nice and accommodating when I requested a different room. 2nd room was just very musty that the constantly running, old, AC unit did a lot to remedy that. All was clean and, well, adequate. Their 'breakfast' seemed to be part of a hotel-run restaurant instead of a help-yourself buffet. When I opened the door, the buzzer was so painfully loud that I decided I wasn't going to set in that dining area and listen to that go off more than I already had, so I went elsewhere! It saddened me to see 4 beautiful magnolia trees next to the swimming pool starving for water, which, I think, says a great deal about the care and commitment of the owners. I paid for 3 nights and checked out early, and I will NOT stay in this hotel again. It's my fault...should have read reviews first.
3 night trip Jun 6, 2013
Brierwolf
"One night stay"
Was not the BUDGET INN I was thinking of ! This one was an older motel and DESPERATELY needed updating ! The carpet in the room smelled, the tv was an older one which was ok but no remote, the bathroom was hot . There were people coming in & out a lot and making noises with their vehicles revving their motors and our little dogs kept barking at them so we didn't get much sleep. Did not stay for breakfast wasn't impressed with room so I figured breakfast wasn't gonna be that great either. I as for a handy cap room on ground level and the room they gave us was not handy caped for one they had a bath tub shower and no bars in the shower, they were gonna give me an up stairs room and I told them I had asked for a handy cap room bottom floor, so they changed it to bottom floor. I will not stay there again.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Never again"
below what I expected, very run down, stained tub, stained towels, room odor will not stay there in the future
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Great way to be thrifty while traveling"
The facility is very old and hasn't been updated. However, for our business trip, it was just fine, we had a small simple breakfast every morning next door with the gregarious waitresses. The pool and spa tube distracted us during our stay. The cable tv kept us entertained. The room was decent, we were able to obtain separate beds with non smoking section. we saw lots of family with children stay here, in addition to a lot of traveling labor workers. The beds were very comfortable, and the air conditioner was amazing. Overall, it allowed up to rest and handle our business.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013