All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
8111 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX, 77054, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Great location, clean room."
I stayed in this hotel 2 nights. I liked the location, and the free parking and Wi-Fi were excellent. The room was clean and I enjoyed the king size bed. I would stay in this hotel again and recommend it to others. Great deal, great price.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
pretty girl
"Business Trip 0722014"
I remember when Holiday Inn used to be above Motel 6. I found that my stay was equivalent.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Awebster
"Close to the medical center"
Nice clean close hotel to the texas medical center. Enjoyed my stay while my dad was in the hospital. Thanks expedia for the great rates.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Lance
"Nice hotel next to Reliant Stadium"
Found the room rate on Expedia for $20 less than normal, and it was a good choice. Clean room, comfy bed. Slight issue with shower, in that it took forever to get hot water!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Brad
Very nice. Room was ready and very clean. Staff very pleasant and helpful.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
"Convenient for medical center"
Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. The room is small but adequate. My only negative comment would be that it is dark, not enough light. But it is competitively priced. Free, convenient parking.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Mrs C
Old beds that sagged in the middle, rooms not very clean and very old, not in great condition.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Good stay"
We chose Holiday Inn Reliant Park Area because it offered: a good price, and was competitive offering free Internet and parking. Although we did enjoy our stay and we did feel like we got what we paid for, we will probably pay more for another place next time. One of our favorite things to do is watch a movie together at night on vacations, however this perk of free Internet was not fast enough to support a movie. Parking The parking was safe, easy, & close to the hotel. Breakfast We did enjoy breakfast at the hotel however it is not complimentary. Comfort & staff Clean, comfortable, friendly & professional!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"location"
Excellent location for activities at Reliant Stadium-Houston.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
nancy
"Hotel Review"
Generally the stay was fine. I've stayed at this hotel since the mid 90s. I found the continuity, friendliness of the staff to be very good. There seems to have been a major turnover of the long term employees which is unfortunate. The newer people lack personality and I found myself going other places to eat and/or have a drink. Too bad. This use to be a comfortable place to stay.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Update please old and worn."
The staff was very pleasant and professional but the accommodations were old and worn.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Deborah
"Call ahead to see if they completed the renovation"
Let me start by saying Holiday Inn has been the family go to for 40 years. The front desk told me that everything was going to be renovated soon. I hope so. That still won't be enough for me to return if I ever go back to Houston. If you're a guy going to the arena or the cattle show next door, you may not care about this place as is. It was full and I saw many ordinary people coming out of the elevators seemingly comfortable with the place. A few creepy-looking middle aged men, who I stayed away from. No real families with kids, however. I know why. The restaurant was the best part of this stay, and I would have stayed there all night if I could have. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner wait staff there belong in a much better place. The front desk staff, day and night, were very cordial and accommodating and belong in a better place also. It's just not fair for any of them to be there at this time. I only made it through one night of a three night stay and couldn't wait to leave. I actually went through 3 rooms and that surprised my friends because they know me as a laid back kind of person. The third room was really no better than the first two but I knew I was running out of good will. They were depressing affairs looking like nothing had been replaced or done with them in 40 years... I've never been in a flop house, but that's what I imagine it to be. I expected much better for a Holiday Inn.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Beverly
"Location to Reliant, Perfect for Show Staff"
Basic needs met, security seemed on par.
2 night business trip May 15, 2014
"Liars"
Gave me two beds and said they had no more rooms but people were walking in buying a night stay:/
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Hospital stay"
We were in town for appointments at MD Anderson and the hotel is a short walk away or you can take the shuttle. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. We have also stayed at the Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn nearby which are about the same price and very run down and in need of remodeling. I was worried that would be the case with the Wyndham but was pleasantly surprised. We will be back for our future appointments.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Try to avoid if you can"
They assigned me to a room, the toilet get running. I called the desk they sent someone up to fix it. They couldn't. I had to repack all my unpacked items and move to another room. They did not offer anything else for the convenience. I will not stay there again.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Hotel room was in very bad condition. All Furniture had bad scratchs and poor appearance. Carpet dirty and bad patch repair job shower had mold
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
"Close to the major medical facilities"
Came in late and was greater with a smile. Took the time to offer us a wake up call since he knew we were there for a medical visit the following day. Room nice and cool upon entrance. Bed comfy and bathroom clean. Breakfast was a little pricey so we found something more reasonable down the street. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 5, 2014
ChinaGirl
"secluded"
I like the location, a little pricey for the area but I had a great stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2014
Connie
"Business Trip"
Very good location. Staff was great...everything you need in a hotel.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
Germee
I expected WAY more from a Holiday Inn, this particular hotel, was dark, dingy and stunk in the hallways as if it had mold! The table in our room was greasy and not completely wiped off!! Mold was growing In shower/ tub! Will not be going back especially for the price!!!!
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
Kim Huckabee
"Unsatisfied"
The beds were extremely uncomfortable. I reserved a king but when I arrived I was told they didn't have any and was given a double queen. What's the point in a reservation if I don't get what I wanted and reserved. Would not recommend holiday inn to anyone.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Megan
"Stay was ok"
Hotel was great. Some staff was nice, some front desk staff were rude.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the reliant center"
Nice hotel, Very convenient access to the Houston livestock show.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Smelled of pipe tobacco"
When I exited the elevator on the sixth floor, it smelled of pipe tobacco. Same smell in my room. The guy I travelled with was on the 10th floor and he complained of the smell there before I mentioned it. It wasn't like cigarette smoke, it had that sweet odor of pipe tobacco. If you like that, great place to stay. If you don't, you better stay somewhere else.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"Overnight Medical Trip"
The hotel is convenient to the Houston Medical Center. The hotel itself while looking good from the outside and lobby area was only mediocre in the room. Showed wear and poor craftsmanship on the various repairs made. Room smelled of urine, possibly from an animal. The king room we booked was not available. AC worked, but was loud.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
"Close to reliant center"
Everything was good
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2014
"Just ok."
This place is just a place to lay your head. The front desk personnel were like robots. Beds aren't bad, but not great.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Kenneth
"Hotel near Blood Center"
The staff are nice and very helpful. The shuttle drivers are very accommodating and helpful also. The waiters are all polite and nice. But for the room rates , I think it was too high as compared to the other hotels. The accessibility to where I have to go is just 4 minutes only. That is A+.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Carmen
"The double beds are too small and uncomfortable."
The condition of the room is not fit on the price. But the staff in the front desk is very nice and friendly.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Will Never use Expedia or stay in this hotel again"
I contacted expedia to simply cancel 1 single night for 3 separate rooms. So expedia then contacted the hotel and cancelled 1 whole room for all 3 nights. I even called and confirmed this with the supervisor Mr. LYNCH. He assured me it was done the way I asked. So when we get there two of our clients had to spend two nights on a smoking floor just so they could have a bed each. They tried nothing to make it up. And we left an expensive dress in our room closet. I called one hour after we left to make sure we got it back. I finally received a call back saying there was nothing there. So that tells you s little about the staff.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
The room was clean, although at check in I was treated "3rd party" because we had booked our rooms (2) thru Hotel.com The clerk constantly reminded me of that; and said that "I was to get what they had left" not a very pleasant experience. The hotel was convenient to the Reliant Stadium, where I had a 5 day show to do. Walls way too thin and was kept up all night by casual conversation.
4 night trip Feb 5, 2014
"needs renovating"
Rooms need to be renovated. Exterior could use facelift. Service was great and personable staff.
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2014
"Fairly nice hotel next to Reliant Center"
Although hotel is a little dated, the room was comfortable and the hotel provided a shuttle to the Reliant Center, which saved us on parking. Awesome!
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
L.
"Cheerleading competition made wonderful!!"
My grand daughter wants a bed just like the one in the room, she says it is the best bed in the whole world!! I have to agree with her, it was wonderfully comfortable!! A nice room with a beautiful view!! But like I said, the bed was the bomb-digity!!!!
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Close to Reliant stadium"
We stayed here to be close to the stadium for a gymnastics meet. It was great, we just walked through the parking lot, it was about a 10 minute walk. Other people stayed at a different hotel closer to Reliant and it was not as good:) even though it was closer in distance they couldn't walk. The staff was super nice, price was good. The room was just a basic room:) It was on a weekend so the monster truck event was going on, you could hear it, but it didn't really other us.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Melanie
"very disappointing"
I was attending a seminar scheduled at this hotel starting at 8 am. After reading other reviews I hesitated to book here but considering I was arriving the evening before and not being familiar with the area I didn't want to be navigating late evening or early morning. The disappointment began when I had went to check in lugging my rollerbag, computer bag and purse (no bellman was present) and the desk staff told me I would have to wait because she " was counting" . Without apologizing she sent me to the next area and another staff came and without apology made me move to yet another computer station to finally check in. I then asked for a bottle of water and was told "sorry-we are out of bottled water but we will have some the next time you stay". I was given my room key and proceded to my floor. The hallways were dark and in much need of renovations. At my room, I found the door ajar and maids cleaning. They told me I could leave my bag and come back in 5 minutes. Wanting desperately to stop schlepping this stuff I agreed and went back to the lobby to wait. When I got back to the room, it was clean but again guite "tired" . The other problem was that the walls are very thin and I heard the voices of people in the next room even over the television. This continued all night with the sound of someone coughing loudly. The bed was comfortable for the few hours I could sleep. Overall, not what one would expect for the rate I paid.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
Marsha
"Wasn't too bad"
The Restaurant Menu Recently Changed. They Took Out The Chicken Quesadillas And Buffalo wings, It's Mostly Burgers Now. The Bartenders Were awesome. The Rooms Were Small, The Beds Had A Funny Smell. My Daughter Was Crying And Wouldn't Calm Down, The Neighbors Heard Everything And Called A Complaint On Us, Which Is Understandable, But That Meant the walls Were Very Thin. I Could Hear Their Conversation In The Morning. The Hotel Smelled A Bit "Closed Up". My Mom Insists On Staying somewhere Else Next Time We Have A Dr's Appt. Location Is Down The Street From The Medical Center And on The Parking Lot Of Reliant Stadium.
1 night trip Jan 7, 2014
"Holiday Inn Reliant Park"
Very nice. Conveniently located to UH for us and other venues. In nice shape and friendly, helpful staff. Very reasonable and nicer than I anticipated. I would stay again.
4 night trip Jan 7, 2014
"Nice hotel close to the reliant center"
I enjoyed being able to walk to the Reliant Center. It was nice to be able to eat right at the bar and the breakfest buffet was ok too
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"The hotel was very close to the event i was attend"
I hotel had great service, it was clean, and I couldn't ask for a better location to the event I was attending. everything was in walking distance that we wanted to see.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
tim
"Great place to stay before the Texans game"
The hotel is small but comfortable. The bar and front door staff were very helpful. It is right next to the stadium so you end up walking to the game at your leisure. Overall, a great place to stay.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Very convenient to football stadium/restaurants"
Our room met all our needs and was very convenient to Reliant Stadium. Large choice of great restaurants within a short drive from the hotel.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
The location of this hotel was AWESOME!! I didn't know it would be so close to Reliant Stadium when I booked our stay. The hotel was clean but needs a bit of an upgrade and repair. Was disappointed there were no coke or snack machines on the floors.
Kara Pullen
"Wrong room"
I requested and paid for this room 2 months ahead of time, arrived to find the only 2 bed room they had was non smoking, NOT what I requested , thumbs down
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"Awesome and Incredible stay"
We stayed at this hotel for an NFL football game at Reliant Stadium. It was so awesome. Perfect location to be able to walk to the game.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Brent
"Visited for NFL game"
The people were very nice and quick service. The hotel was very convenient to the reliant stadium. Sheets and towels were clean but we were on te 4th floor and once the elevator doors opened up you smell nothing but smoke. The entire room smelled like smoke and our A/C did not work. Only the "fan" would. Luckily it wasn't hot and we had a very short stay. We arrived in the evening and left first thing in the morning for a noon game. For convenience and a short stay I would recommend. For a place that you plan on spending a few nights and time in the room think twice if you hate the smell of smoke as I do.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Perfect for Texans/Relient Stadium Events"
Perfect hotel for these events… Walking distance. Nice bar and lounge in the hotel. Good quality.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Great for activcitie sin reliant park!!!"
quite good, would stay again!!!
3 night trip Dec 2, 2013
"It was ok"
Booked a Non-Smoking room; but was given a smoking/handicap accessible room. Disappointed that that is all was left after pre-paying.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013