All hotels in Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here301 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC, 29407-7263, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Not what I was expecting"
Arriving to the hotel was a nice experience. The staff was very friendly. However, once we got to our room, we were totally disappointed. It smelled moldy and it felt damp. They did send someone up to spray something in the a/c filter to assist with the odor. I pointed out that it could be coming from the ceiling that had a lot of black areas that appeared to be mold. The young man was friendly and said that it was not. This was not comforting. We were offered to move to another room, but by this point, I had my jammies on and was ready to sleep after driving most of the day. When I took a shower, the shower floor was very slippery and I had to be careful not to fall. There was also hair in my daughters bed and hair in the bathtub. We visited the hotel restaurant that we read good reviews on and this again was disappointing. The view from the restaurant was a bonus and the gentleman that was serving in the bar was very attending and pleasant.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Anna, Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Riverview we are very grateful for your business. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations we strive to have the best customer service and clean comfortable guest rooms for each and every guest. I will personally inspect your guest room for deficiencies and we will make any and all corrections; in addition, we will use your room for training purposes for other staff members. We appreciate your business and rest assured we will make the necessary changes moving forward, thanks again for your business.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Anna
"toilet"
Toilet made lots of noise, ice machines were limited, had to use ice machine on different floor
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Americka, Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Riverview while visiting Charleston. I understand your frustration with the ice machines, we were in the process of replacing the tile in the service landings on each floor in doing so we had to disconnect the ice machines on those floors until the tile and grout were dry. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you during your stay with us. The tile in the service landings are done and look fantastic; moreover, the ice machines are all hooked back up and working.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2014
Americka
This hotel was well kept and had a very friendly staff. We had several requests for the staff and they were fairly prompt and very nice. The breakfast was wonderful, except I wish they would give a discounted price for guests...We had dinner at the hotel one night and the food was wonderful with an amazing view! Before staying here I read a lot of reviews complaining about how bad the traffic was exiting the hotel. It was a little rough certain times of the day and then others there was no traffic. You do need to know that exiting one side of the parking lot takes you to downtown Charleston and the other side would lead us in the right direction to Folly Beach. Overall we had a wonderful time here!
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Diane, Thanks for all the glowing remarks we are very thankful for your business. Our number one goal is excellent customer service along with clean and comfortable guest rooms for every guest every day. I am please we exceeded all your expectations and that you had a wonderful time we all look forward to seeing you in the future.
4 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Terrible"
I have no desire to stay in this hotel again. The plumbing in this hotel was awful!! Toilet wouldn't flush and the shower wouldn't drain... Not to mention the door had to be played with to get it to open. The last and most frustrating thing is we asked the front desk to call us a cab and instead they sent us limo/car service that cost $140 for a 9 mile ride...at "holiday inn discount rate"
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Chris, I am sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience at the property our goal is to provide excellent customer service with clean comfortable guest rooms. From your comments we did not meet our expectations nor yours. I will have our maintenance staff check the plumbing in your guest room for any deficiencies and make any and all corrections. I will also speak with the Front Desk about the limo service, that sounds highly unusual, normally it cost $15 - $20 dollars to go Downtown. I am not sure why you were charged so much for such a short trip. I hope your experience does not tarnish your feeling about Holiday Inn or Charleston.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Best View In Charleston , Guaranteed"
Friendly Staff, Excellent Location, Clean , Comfortable Rooms.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Robert, Thanks for staying with us! Your comments fit our target: Friendly staff, Excellent location, Clean and Comfortable guest rooms. Thanks again for staying with us we hope to see you in the near future.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
The hotel was great. Employees friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. Close to downtown.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Ann, Thanks Ann for the wonderful comments! With the hotel being centrally located to Downtown, West Ashley and Folly Beach we are just moments to the Plantations, Tours and the popular beaches. The Holiday Inn is known for Southern Hospitality and we are very grateful for your business.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Ann
"Accommodating staff"
We were initially not pleased with the room we were given. Even though they were booked, they found another more suitable room to accommodate us. I appreciated their attitude very much.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Anne, Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Riverview ! I am pleased that the staff was able to accommodate your needs and find a room that was more suitable for your stay. Customer service is our number one goal and that is what the hotel is known for. Thanks again for staying at the Holiday Inn Riverview we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Anne
Had a great stay. Convenient to the historic district. Incredible view, and great hotel bar.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for staying at the Holiday Inn Riverview! Our lounge located atop the hotel has the best adult beverages in town, not to mention the best views of Downtown, Folly Beach and West Ashley. Thanks again for staying at the Holiday Inn Riverview we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Must experience for yourself"
We had a pleasant experience with the very friendly staff and clean king room. The scenic view from the breakfast table at the roof top restaurant is a "must experience for yourself" kind of event. Words can't describe.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Kimberly, Thanks Kimberly for staying with us! The views from the hotel and restaurant are what sets us apart from all others. In fact, when you are in the restaurant/lounge you can see all of Downtown, Folly Beach and West Ashley it is a "must experience..." view thanks again for staying with us!
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Kimberly
The hotel is in a great location and offers a wonderful view. However, the rooms are outdated.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Great location. Great views.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear DM, The Holiday Inn Riverview is centrally located to all the hot spots in Charleston; Downtown, Folly Beach, West Ashley and the cruise port are only minutes away. Thanks again for staying with us.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
DM
"MsD Hotel Stay"
GREAT !!!! I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN SOON. ANY FREE NIGHTS OR WEEKEND AVALIBLE ?
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear MsD, We would love to see you again! I don't have any free nights but we do however, have spectacular rates compared to other hotels in the market and we offer: Free parking, Free shuttle, Free WIFI, Free newspaper and always Free smiles. Thanks again!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Wonderful fun trip to Charleston!"
Hotel is in an amazing location, and free shuttle downtown drops off in great location and saves gas! Restaurant at the top has beautiful view and very nice staff.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Sam, Thanks for the nice comments! Our Free shuttle to Downtown leaves the hotel every 2 hours starting at 7:30 am - 9:30 pm. In addition to the Free parking its an easy and inexpensive way to see Charleston without fighting traffic and or parking. We hope to see you soon.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Sam
"Bad Experience"
The electricity went out Saturday after a thunder storm and was out for 10 hours. The emergency lighting failed and the Desk was handing out glow sticks. The stairs were inside the building and un-lit in places. Overall a very bad experience. Additionally, There is no number on your web site to call with such a complaint. I would have moved to another Hotel if one had been available.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Guest, After the huge flash flood and thunder storm most of Charleston lost power and the entire Downtown was flooded. It was a horrible experience for our guest and the staff. We have never lost power for such an extended amount of time. Unfortunately, we had no control in turning the power back on all we could do was call SC&G (Power Company) and let them know we were still without power and if they could restart our power as quickly as possible. I am sorry that you had to experience such a awful natural disaster.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
beautiful view!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
I would Definitely recommend it to my friends! Love the staffs there, very resourceful& helpful. It was a wonderful experience!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
aviva
view from restraint amazing, view from room not. paid extra for free breakfast but only got a 20 dollar discount. Breakfast for me, my wife and daughter cost an extra 22.00. That's 42.00 dollars total for breakfast for 3 people plus the 10 dollars paid for free breakfast so ......... free it certainly wasn't. Would only stay again if I could be guaranteed a room with a view and would eat breakfast elsewhere.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
phillip
"ease of access to the surrounding areas"
the view from the restaurant at the top of the hotel was great.getting in an out to the parking lot was not easy, so we chose not to drive unless we had to and the shuttle took care of that.
3 night family trip Jun 9, 2014
"hotel is in need of a make over"
had to wait to check in, no place drop off luggage till check in, staff ok the restaurant staff was the most professional,courteous of all
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Good location, close to downtown and Folly's Beach"
I would rate it slightly above a 3 start hotel. It's a bit older but still clean and in good condition. Located 10 min from historic downtown and about 20 minutes from Folley's Beach. The price was acceptable for a hotel of this quality during the peak summer months.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
N/A
"clean but...."
Not bad, but had some issues. AC unit kept all 4 of us up all night. Location is not conducive to just walk out and get something to eat or shop (it's in between highly traveled highway making it not pleasant to enter or leave hotel). Was expecting free breakfast, but found out only certain guests get that at only available restaraunt. Guess Hotel.Com rates don't give you the priveledge of getting free breakfast. I will say hotel was clean and they do have free shuttle to downtown Charleston, but only comes every 2 hours. Found parking garages not too expensive in town though. Oh and felt restaraunt was a bit over priced for what we got, both in taste and service. Would I stay there again...no, but served it's purpose this time.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear James, Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Riverview in Charleston, SC. We are located just minutes from Downtown and we offer: Free parking, Free shuttle to Downtown (7:30 am - 9:30 pm every 2 hours), Free coffee in the lobby, Free WIFI and free smiles all day. Breakfast is include in different packages, some rates include breakfast other do not. I recommend choosing a package that includes breakfast, you actually save money in doing so. We hope to see you soon.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Close to Downtown"
Great view of downtown. Restaurant had even better views and good bar and breakfast buffet offerings.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Good but...."
Someone pulled the fire alarm and had to leave the hotel for 30 minutes. Not the hotels fault but a discount should be offered.
Response by Holiday Inn Riverview
Dear Aaron, Thanks for staying at the Holiday Inn Riverview we are very grateful for your business! Why someone would pull the fire alarm is beyond me some folks don't understand the danger in doing so or the implications. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that it caused you or your family while staying with us. I hope this does not change your feeling for the Holiday Inn Riverview or Charleston. Thanks again for staying with us.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Aaron
"Nice hotel overlooking the river."
It was a great hotel. My only complaint was that I specifically asked for a handicapped room and when we checked in, were told they had no rooms. I would like to have known that ahead of time. The hotel staff did upgrade our room to a higher floor so we'd have a better view, but that didn't help me with the shower or lack of space in the room for a wheelchair.
Other trip Jul 25, 2014
Kristi
"Girls weekend"
Hotel was clean. We loved the shuttle that drove you to town.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great View, Great Peopl"
The location of the Holiday Inn Riverview was very convenient as it sits in the middle of the 2 main roads (Don't worry, traffic noise wasn't a problem). The folks at the front desk are very nice and helpful. The room was clean and smelled nice. This hotel could use some renovating; some paint is chipping off the ceiling and along the baseboards. CONS: The hotels WiFi is HORRIBLE, basically unusable for basic use. Secondly, we found out the hard way the hotel does not have continental breakfast. We enjoyed a buffet breakfast on the top floor which was great.. but we were surprised to be handed 9.99/per person check. Although this hotel wasn't bad for the price, I think on my next trip to Charleston I'll go with somewhere with faster (atleast usable) WiFi and cont. breakfast.
5 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Bryant
Beautiful location and very nice, comfortable hotel. Would stay again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"a bit disappointed"
Check in was 4 pm. A bit too late. The room was smaller than billed for two queen beds. Door was broken and unsecured. Had to get maintenance to fix it. Maintenance guy fixed it in 10 minutes. He was great but I shouldn't have had totally broken locks. 2nd day the maid failed to put clean towels. She took the old ones leaving us with none. Had to go to the front desk to get more. Basically good but for the money not a good value.
2 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
Richard Vale
"Restaurant."
0verpriced. Room service breakfast was inedible.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Good location convenient to a lot of attractions"
The hotel was good the staff was great, hotel.com told us it was a king bed and it was a twin bed I am not a twin bed person.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Wp
"We love Charleston"
Wished we could have stayed longer
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Jerry
"Perfect place for kids"
You live in a tower with a beautiful view. The swimmingpool is on Third floor which was a Big hit for the children. Nice an clean room. Try the restaurant 'California dreaming' just ón the other side of the bridge, it was worth waiting 30 min for.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"A very "well rounded" hotel :D"
King sized bed on the 14th floor. The only disappointing part is that the sliding glass doors on the balcony were permanently closed "for your safety".
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Mike & Rose
We had a very good experience here for the few nights we stayed in Charleston. It was easy to get to/from, the staff was helpful, and rooms were comfortable. Take advantage of the shuttle to the downtown area - it was very helpful and definitely easier than parking in that area. I can't speak to the food at the hotel restaurant, but the view from there was great while grabbing a drink at the bar.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"A bit older but clean, comfortable and convenient"
This hotel is just across the Ashley River and accessible to Hwy 17 on both sides. It's easy to go south and just as easy to go down into town. Better yet, the hotel has a shuttle that will drop you downtown and/or pick you up at one of two stops: Market & East Bay or Market & Meeting. Driver knowledgeable and friendly and it's free unless you choose to tip, which we did.Still cheaper than parking. The view from our room on the 14th floor was wonderful despite the balcony's not being accessible (old age, I guess) and the suite was huge! Very comfortable bed (slept like a rock) and good AC. Up that high even the hiway noise was not noticeable. The carpet is older and some stuff could use replacing (shower curtain liner was torn off and too short to stay in the tub!) but the place is clean, the people friendly and helpful, and location convenient. We'd do this again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Mimi
"Best View in Charleston"
We enjoyed our stay. The view of Charleston and the river from our room was excellent. We ate one meal in the restaurant on the 15th (top) floor. The view of Charleston as well as the bridges over the Ashley River from there are the best that you will find. We thought that the food was good.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"In town for wedding."
Staff very friendly. Pool ok. View from top floor/bar very nice. Only two things, carpet in room needs major cleaning and toilet sticks had to lift tank lid many times to fix.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Nicely Located"
I love staying in this hotel when doing business in downtown Charleston. The hotel is reasonably priced, and offers free parking. This time I was back and forth to The College of Charleston, a trip which took about 5 minutes. The hotel is just across the Ashley River from the city. It can be a little tricky getting out of the parking lot on a weekday morning (several lanes of traffic coming into the city from West Ashley), but otherwise can't think of a thing to mention as a negative. I'll stay here many more times.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Overbooked"
I reserved a king room and when I arrived they had booked all king rooms. I was offered nothing for the mess up.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
"Close to Charleston"
Good place to stay for access to downtown Charleston. The room was clean. The pool was clean. The restaurant was not clean. The floor was dirty, the chairs looked like they had never been cleaned or even wiped down. The kicker was the Breakfast Buffet. The Hot food buffet (eggs, bacon, grits, etc) was not covered with plastic lids, as you would expect. This buffet had table Napkins covering over the food. yuck. not sure that would pass inspection.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Family vaca
"Nice Room, OK View"
Got the King Bed, Skyline View room. Stay was on the 5th floor, 2 rooms above the pool. As most everyone else stated, the balcony doors are permanently locked. This is probably a good thing though, because the hotel splits a major highway. Room was very quiet considering all this. Could not hear the traffic at all. Room was clean and well appointed, seemed to have been updated in the last few years. The view was ok, but on the 5th floor, most of the "Skyline View" is obstructed by the connector bridge over the harbor. Other than that, my biggest complaint would be that you cannot look out your windows at night. The hotel is lit from the ground by spotlights so all of Charleston can see it, but that means at night all you see is the spotlight glaring into your window.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
"Kelly & Josh were the best"
Everything was great except the food in the restaurant. Just "so so". But Kelly & Josh were so helpful with our tours and answering questions about the city. We would have been lost without them.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
"Hotel is between West Ashley Hwy 17 N & S Bridge."
Room was clean and you could tell it had recently been redone, the staff was nice and cordial even though they had 2 buses pull in wanting rooms asap, they kept their cool, even when the guest did not. Rooms are nice, the Marriot, no, but clean, safe, yes and small, but for 2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child(2 small) you would be okay. Biggest thing is getting oriented with exiting and entering property via HWY 17 north and south and the proximity to the West Ashley Bridge. They also have a shuttle to downtown that runs, free of charge every 30/60 minutes, which is nice. Holiday Inn Express further south on Savannah Highway is nicer, but it is 6 miles further out from the city. I will stay there again. Thank you
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Tarheel4evah
"You get what you pay for...."
This hotel is in a great location and I enjoyed my stay there. It was a great deal compared to other Charleston hotels. This is an older hotel so you're not going to have brand spanking new rooms.Pros: The beds were nice, the sheets and pillows were clean, the hotel is located in a great spot if you want to travel to different areas of Charleston. Cons: bathroom could use some elbow grease; pulling out of the exit was challenging with traffic, no continental breakfast. Overall its a great place to stay if you're not going to spend alot of time in your room - you'll get a nice bed and a place to sleep that is not scarey.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Quality of sheets was disappointing."
Everything was fine except your sheets were very rough, not high quality.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Bliss
Not bad for the money. Good location and free transportation to the historical area
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Close to most main attractiom"
Over all very good. Hotel staff very cordial. Rooms with a view and very clean. Easy access to major highways. Fitness center on site although I didn't have time to use it.
2 night trip May 29, 2014
O. Lyght
"Hotel close to downtown Charleston, SC"
Very friendly staff. Very helpful to questions, concerns.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Good service. Great location for the price. Balconies are locked.
3 night romance trip May 21, 2014
"Good hotel convenient to downtown Charleston."
My wife and I came to visit some friends. The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was clean. The restaurant was, unfortunately, closed due to private functions during the entire visit. However, the lounge was open and available to guests. The breakfast buffet was overall satisfactory and had a good selection. Other than the towels not being replaced with new towels or bath mat when needed we would recommend this hotel to friends.
Other trip May 29, 2014