All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

"Convenient location, but filthy accomodations"
Let's start with the GOOD: the LOCATION of the hotel was great; it was close to restaurants and social scenes and it was walking distance to the water taxis. I would have been a better hotel if I were visiting Vancouver with my girlfriends rather than my family, but it was decent nevertheless. Super FRIENDLY staff and people in the surrounding are in general. Unfortunately, there is a BAD side too: the room was FILTHY1) the shower wasn't even wiped down from the last guest, 2) there were short curly hairs in between the sheets leading me to believe the sheets were not changed between guests, 3) the glass barely looked wiped and had fingerprints left from the previous guests, 4) there was trash and old pantyhose behind the TV, 5) there were cigarette butts left behind on the balcony, 6) we had some extremely loud neighbors who didn't sleep.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
"Overall review"
The only problem I had was my room key had to be reprogramed a few times. Easy fix in this case.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
PapaJimmy
"Room was not ready so we stays in lobby ..."
We arrived in hotel at 2:30 PM since the rain was hard in Vancouver so we cut our activities short. To our surprise, we were told the room was not ready, the cleaning was not done. We were asked to leave and returned after 4:00 PM. I thought I was dealing with a stone faced government official, not in a hotel. We finally got in the room after 4:00 AM and found a lady who was still working in the room. At lease, it was not a lie. We saw many who came in after us got check in immediately, it seems that we were the only room which was not ready. Weren't we special!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was a quiet room and the bed was very comfortable. It is in a great part of town. Everything was very close. There is a fee for overnight parking. Also, there wasn't a refrigerator in our room which we could have used. Overall, though, great place and we'd come back.
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2013
Traveler
This hotel is great to stay at. Very friendly staff and very clean. This is my hotel of choice whwn I stay in Vancouver.
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2013
Amil M.
"Not impressed but not disapointed"
We stayed here with my 20 month old daughter. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom even looked clean enough that I let her take a bath in the tub. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was convenient. You have to drive with the precision of a surgeon to get in and out of the parking structure and we had a compact rental car. There was only one set of elevators and they moved painfully slow. Only a moderate inconvenience when you're standing in the lobby. It gets a little worse when you have a tired 2 year old you're trying to get to stay in the stroller untill you get back up to your room. It's miserable when you're standing out front the hotel laundry door, in the parking garage, over 10 minutes with so much heat and humidity pouring out that you have to go shower again. When my husband took the one and only stairs he set off all kinds of alarms, oops! It's listed as in a good neighborhood, wich it is, kindof. Just be careful of walking down Davie street with small children. It's only a block or two away and we just happend through it on a walk to stretch our legs. Safe yes, but I think it might be a little dificult to explain some of the liberal alternative lifestyle shop window displays to little kids.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Cat
"Great hotel, perfect location"
The hotel is situated in a great area, very comfortable rooms, service also great.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Raul
"Central to everything"
Our stay here was fine. We were looking for a reasonable room in a good location. We got it, and thats all we can ask for. Easy walk to Yaletown, Chinatown. Prob easy walk to Gastown, too, but took a cab bcs we were tired from walking to all the other 'hoods. The hotel was clearly a bit older, but the room was fine, nice even -- updated with a big, flat-screen tv, a couch etc. Perfectly comfortable. We were a bit put off a check-in, we were told to wait and our room wasnt ready, while someone who came in 10 mins later got right into their room. But, not the end of the world. The point wasnt to spend the weekend in our hotel room. It was to get out and see the town, and have a good place to come back and crash. This hotel met that need perfectly, plus a little more.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
slopkins
Requested two beds for the room but only got a one bed room. The room wasn't big enough to have a cot brought in so one of us had to sleep in the chair. Call ahead and make sure what you requested is what comes up in their system. Other than that, everything was good.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Overnight Stay"
Wonderful experience. There is nothing more to say.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
B's
Our room had no conditioning. They offered us 2 fans instead and asked us to just open the window... It's very noisy in the middle of night - sound of ambulance and the homeless people... We stayed there for 3 nights but they couldn't fix the air condition and didn't offer us to change the room. I can't believe we were paying more than $200 per night but with this kind of condition. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
"If you need a room"
Every time we've stayed here, we note early check in. On most trip I have items that need to be taken to the room, not left in a car or 'storage' room due to value. Every time, we're not given our room until the last moment and forced to either sit in the lobby or drive around town. For the price, it's not a bad value if you 'just need a room' while in town.. The pool is ok, as not many downtown hotels have them now, but needs a serious cleaning (gunk all along the pool edge tile). We won't be back, since the check in guy "didn't know" when our room would be ready. Unless we 'just need a room' and anywhere else is full.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
The Photo Guy
"Short walk to convention center & stanley park"
This hotel was a great value. Reasonably priced, comfortable room, lots of restaurants and coffee shops near by, short walk to Robson Street shopping, Vancouver Art Gallery and waterfront. Hotel lobby was clean and modern. Front desk staff efficient and friendly. On site secure parking garage a definite plus - reasonable daily charge for parking. Free in room wifi also great. The end of Granville Street (one street east) near the hotel was a little sketchy; probably not great walking for families with young kids, but fine for couples and adults. Burrard and Thurlow, the two streets to the west, felt very "clean" and "safe" even late at night. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Kendra
"Nicely located, great staff"
The hotel was centrally located and the staff was fantastic. Not fancy but more than adequate.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Marie
"Great for a quick overnight"
Four of us stayed here on a Wednesday night, after the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert, and found it to be very convenient. Not being from the city, we looked for something affordable, within walking distance of a train line, shopping and dining. Front desk staff were helpful although I was very bothered by one of the cleaning staff, who was swearing and complaining very loudly while cleaning another room down the hall from where we were. We just checked in and she saw us come up and everything, but she continued to swear and bang cupboards and complain loudly. You could still hear her even once we went into our rooms.
1 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2013
"great location and room comfort"
enjoyed the stay at the Holiday Inn downtown Vancouver.
2 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Nice hotel but it is a little dated"
The room was clean and kept up nice. The queen size beds where what I would expect from a hotel. I few things that where a little off where these things. The bed I slept in was next to the air conditioner that I could not aim up and away from me. The elevators in the hotel are small . They fit about two people and one suit case or two suit cases and one person. The pool area is ok not a large one but my daughter still had fun and it is open all day . My wife says got don't go on vacation to stay at the hotel all day . So this location was great for that. We where able to walk to any where we wanted to go or ride the tour bus that stopped just out side of the hotel. I would tell any one that stays here to ask for a room on the third floor or above . The second floor is like a split level house and you have stairs
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
eric
it's just OK for a 2 nights stay. There's no person or only one person in the reception area working when we arrived @ 1PM. The staffs are not friendly and approachable.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Great value for money in downtown Vancouver."
Since all of the larger hotels were booked and couldn't guarantee us a handicap accessible room, we decided to stay here. The staff is wonderful, rooms are clean and nice - they even allowed us to borrow a wheel-chair for a full day! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They don't have a restaurant on-site, but there is a Starbucks across the street and a ton of restaurants on Davies street a block away. Perfect location for shopping on Burrard or dining out on Davies or Burrard.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Ravi
The hotel is located near the city's financial district and is easily in reach for all the downtown amenities . The room, with two very comfortable double beds , was quiet and clean but overlooked a homeless hostel which was not good for first impressions. However for our two day stay it did not pose any problems. Our rate included breakfast however this was limited to three items from either the buffet menu or the hot plate plus ONE drink only. We decided to take the option of dinner one evening and after standing prominent in the restaurant area for ten minutes and being totally ignored by all the staff we left to dine elsewhere - a very poor show especially as they were not overly busy. Also, whilst checking in and out the staff seemed very disinterested and the gentleman at the desk (which is the first desk you see when you enter) who is there to inform you of excursions and places of interest in the city sat playing with his computer and just didn't want to help .... Just couldn't see the justification of his being there. Overall a comfortable stay but the staff do need more interaction with their guests.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"Could have been better"
Wi-if didn't work. We received our 430am wake up call at 10 after 5. Building is older, with nice updated rooms. Was a little confusing getting to the pool and finding our way to the lobby from our elevator.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Paying attention to the customer"
The personnel lacked the ability to even provide the impression that they cared about the customer, this was a disappointing hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"nightinthecity"
convenient,quietroom
1 night trip May 18, 2013
kathytchir
"Very convenient for tourism. Right in downtown."
I live in Vancouver, but I booked a room here for my family's visit. We planed to go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and the shuttle bus stops right across from the hotel. Also we took Quick Shuttle to go to Seattle and the bus departs from the hotel as well. The hotel has no stunning view of the city. However, if your main target is tourism and you need a hotel room to basically rest and get ready for the next day, then this is the place. We had a great time staying here.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Clarence
"HI Vancouver"
A nice hotel that is a few blocks from the Canada line from the airport. It was about a 15 minute walk from the line. The hotel is close to restaurants, and about a 15 minute walk to the harbor. The property was clean and our room was very efficient. The Internet was reliable everywhere on the property. The big negative was when we returned from our day out and about at around 10:00pm, we found our room had not been cleaned. We called the front desk and they gave us clean towels and coffee, but a big negative of how a room wouldn't be cleaned.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2013
"Across the street from Trolley stop"
very nice.
2 night trip May 18, 2013
"Holiday Inn Express Downtown Vancouver"
Very convenient downtown location, nice and big room with 2 queen size beds. I recommend to everyone.
Other trip May 19, 2013
"A maze of a hotel"
The hotel was clean and the rooms were great! The only issue was that the staff was not very attentive and I had to wait a long time to check in and check out. It seemed like a 'young' hotel staff who wasn't well versed on the hospitality industry. Also, they initially charged us twice for our room and breakfast, but reversed one charge when I asked. The hotel is close to Granville and we had a great time walking to the nightlife. Getting back to the room can be a challenge, though, because the hotel is like a maze. There are different elevators that lead to different parts of each level (think Escher's painting). Once you do find your room, it is worth it, though. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, and even a cute little balcony.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2013
"A good choice but make sure the alarm is not set"
Nice clean and comfortable hotel in good location. Very courteous check-in process. Also, we were allowed to check-in early which was great because we had traveled all night. We didn't use any of the hotel amenities but went sightseeing for the day instead. We noticed later that the Big Bus stops close by. The bed was *very* comfortable. The only low point was that ADA alarm clock went off (vibrating the bed repeatedly) at some point during the night and it required a reluctant and grumpy staff member to come and crawl under the bed in order to unplug it and make it stop. Unsatisfactory response when we reported this at check-out but we didn't let it ruin our stay. Recommend this hotel as very good overall but make sure alarm clock is not set for the middle of the night!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Nice location and good customer service."
We stayed in Holiday Inn express for one night during week day. Its satisfactory. Room was pretty big. Beds were very comfy(comfortable). We reached hotel at 1am due to flight delays and receptions were ready with a nice room on the 4th floor. Breakfast buffet was ok.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2013
P.J
"Don't believe the pictures!"
The bathroom was not at all like the ones on the website. Tiny, tiny, tiny! When I questioned it, the front desk let me go look at a different room that did have a bigger bathroom but a very ugly view. This is an old building that they did recently renovate, but each room is configured differently it seems. Just be forewarned that you may not get what your'e expecting. Also had internet connection issues the entire time I was there (3 nights), and the TV went out one night, too, for no apparent reason from what the front desk could tell me.
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
Angie
"Rude Staff member, good location, wouldnt stay aga"
Cleanliness - 4/5. The room was not too big; I expected a bigger bathroom as well. Staff - 1/5 because in the morning around 6:30AM I got a knock at the door from a member of the staff, even though I had the do not disturb sign on my door, and I was told very rudely to keep the noise down or he would kick us out. The thing is, the night before on our floor there was an incredible ruckus, people screaming, running up and down the hall, slamming doors, etc. This happened twice, first at 10-11 PM as the group/party seemed to be going out, and than occurred again around 2-3AM when they returned. We did not complain, but the staff should have noticed this, this was a ridiculous amount of noise and commotion. It amazes me that they were not asked to keep the noise down in the middle of the night, but I was disturbed in the morning when I was simply TALKING to my family in my room with the do not disturb sign on the door. As I checked out I told the person at the front desk and they apologized. Once I got home I wrote an email to the Director of Operations, and he said he spoke to the employee (who I will not name), and he also apologized, which I greatly appreciate. I hope no one will get harassed by that staff member in the future now that he has talked to him. Comfort- 2/5 because one the noise in the middle of the night, & two, the staff member disturbing me. Upkeep - 4/5, normal Overall I was disappointed by the two incidents I listed and I will not be staying here again.
Other trip Mar 22, 2013
Texas Traveler
My stay at holiday inn was great the location was good the surrounding area was good overall experience was good.
Trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
"Really clean"
Close to Granville Street and good for if you're going out. One thing I did not like was how small the elevator was. You had to wait a really long time for it to free up and when we tried to use the stairs there was no exit. I also thought it was an odd rule to not have visitors after nine. Maybe all hotels do that...
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
"Journey in Downtown Vancouver"
Room very clean, large with all you need Close to downtown Vancouver & restaurants
Other trip Jan 5, 2013
Ben
"Noisy neighbors on New year's eve"
We checked in at around 4pm, the beds were clean but the there was no toiletries and the floor wasn't vacuumed yet. we had to call housekeeping twice to ask them to prepare our room. the staff were very apologetic about the inconvenience it caused us which was a good thing. The bathroom and the toilet were really small and there wasn't a lot of choices for the breakfast. My husband had to pay extra for a refill of his orange juice which was weird because in other Holiday Inn hotels, they don't. There were a lot of parties going on in the other rooms for new year's eve and we could hear our next door neighbor very loud and clear. And this went on the whole night. Parking was very expensive too, almost $20 per night.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012
"hotel kitchen"
was great. Very nice bartender
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
"Very convenient. Close to all"
It was great and everyone there was extremely helpful.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2012
"Central Location"
Why do these hotels charge for parking?
1 night trip Aug 28, 2012
"Good for family, we had a quiet room."
Good hotel, the room was cleaned late in the afternoon, but other than that, no complaints.
Other trip Aug 18, 2012
Location is GREAT. You can walk to anywhere downtown. Would have been nice to have had a microwave, a room safe and an electrical plug in the bathroom. Staff was VERY helpful. We would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2012

"Vancouver stop-over."
Very convenient location downtown Vancouver. Staff were pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. There were problems with the bathroom fan in several rooms when turned on they sounded like screeching horns. The plumbing was older and used huge quantities of water in the toilet flushing. The beds were comfortable and linens clean and fresh. We were disturbed several times in the night by other guests returning late between 2 am & 5 am. There didn't appear to be any sound-proofing in the doors, so loud voices and banging room doors wakened us. However, a noon check-out time allowed us to catch up on disturbed sleep. Not sure if we would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Catherine A.
"Not Likely To Be A "BE-BACK""
I can honestly say the best part of staying at your Hotel was that the beds were comfortable.Having to park underneath, and having to get up to the lobby was just a pain. We finally got up there, then had to grab a baggage trolly, go to one floor and then get to another elevator to get to our room was NOT convenient. The t.v. worked, but we couldn't get any channels that were interesting.( Nothing that we didn'ty have to pay for) I tried to purchase some water in the lobby, but no one was able to ring it through, so I left it. So with the price of the room, plus the $21.00 parking fee,and our lovely view if the back alley, I would say that I would not likely stay there again, but look for one more accomidating.
1 night family trip May 12, 2015
"Will stay again"
Good hotel for attending events downtown - walking distance to all major venues.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
it was excellent. walking distance to everything we did that evening.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Very helpful lady at the tour desk with lots of fun ideas and places to see!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Chelsey
"great service, can hear the neighbours though"
the staff was awesome, i came in in a panic cause i was running late and the front desk guy offered to run my parking pass back down to my car and leave my keys in my room! everyone i dealt with was absolutely terrific. i was on the executive floor, had no view, and had a door that lead to another room, not sure if thats why i could hear the guy next door peeing, talking on the phone and could hear every bit of his loud radio at 7am on a sunday. the bed was not very comfortable, so wishing i didnt upgrade to the king size, i couldnt wait to get out of it. the elevators are incredibly small and uncomfortable, and sometimes you have to wait for a few before you can find space to get on. other than that..everything was wonderful
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Krista
"Downtown gem"
The hotel was great, very family friendly. The kids eat free deal in the restaurant was a nice surprise, and the location was great for our purpose. Right between Stanley park, and Granville island.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
wayne
Stayed here for one night downtown. Great value compared to a lot of other places nearby. Very central to a lot of nightlife events.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Cleanliness"
If u need the sheets changed you will need to ask more than 3 time for it to be changed. Other than that location is close to everything.
5 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015