All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
1110 Howe StVancouverBCV6Z1R2Canada, ‏‎855-239-9227

Breakfast is average
    Ordinary pool
    Bad internet service
"Great hotel, so-so wi-fi"
Courteous, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable room. Great location, great price. My only minor complaint was that the wi-fi (to be fair, it was free) was pretty bad...couldn't maintain a connection for five minutes, so I couldn't get work done or make skype calls. Other than that, it was great!
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Nick
Came for a getaway trip to Vancouver and had a nice time. We liked that the parking was secure and the 24 hour pool was nice. I wish there would have been a hot tub though.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"The staff was great."
Very friendly and helpful staff, good location, and a nice, clean room. That's really all I need in a hotel.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2015
"Will stay again"
Quite nice and clean room with enough space. Close to downtown.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Uncaring staff"
After two weeks in BC, our layover in the holiday was the worst night. Instead of getting rest, it was a sleepless night. At 2am, I was awakened to find the room like a sauna. The air con was not working, and no matter how i fiddled with the thermostat nothing worked. Opening the window was not an option because it would also let in more noise from the already noisy road. Finally I called the duty manager, who did not pick up. Then I called the front desk, and was told flatly there was nothing that could be done until the morning. No apology or concern. I didn't get much sleep that night and my family also woke up from the heat. Most disappointing, there was absolutely no follow up from the hotel. We were in the room till noon and no one checked on the problem. This is the first time I checked out and was not asked how my stay was, either. Never coming back.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Ndru1
"Review"
The rooms are paper thin so you could hear everything outside your room. Other guests were partying so loud another guest called the front desk. They sent someone up at 10pm to quiet them but that only lasted a few minutes. The partying was heard until 4am!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice hotel in great location"
The staff was attentive, the location excellent and the room in great condition, comfortable and very clean. The layout of the hotel is a little odd but no complaints. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Good hotel, convenient to great reataurants."
This was a great downtown hotel for a decent price. Easy walking to restaurants, downtown grocery and other shops.
"Great option for business trip"
Great option for business trip while staying in downtown area
4 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
RAMON
"sleepless in Vancouver"
The room smells moldy, the aircondition did not work and noisy. The room was warm that we kept the sliding door open all night.. Location is excellent.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Allan
"Decent hotel."
Just stayed here a few nights with two other friends. We didn't stay at the hotel that much during the day. The only complaints I have was the bathroom smelled like mildew. I dont know if it was the water that smells different but we had to leave the door closed at all times with the fan on. Also the Wi-fi worked most of the time but not all the time.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
I just realized when I got to Calgary and checked the receipts hat we were charged double of the parking fee.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
Jonahley
"A night in Vancouver"
The hotel was relatively centrally located and was in good repair. The "business centre" which was available to guests was a single computer station with a 30-minute limit per patron. (Not very convenient!) While there were many small restaurants nearby, the area was definitely for the young and zany. Accommodations were more than adequate. We were there for only one night so were unable to participate in some of the local options available. The staff was pleasant and eager to please.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Best Hotel Downtown"
The hotel was in a perfect location to EVERYTHING, the rooms were clean, comfortable, great service (all-around), and the staff were very friendly and courteous! The apples/water laid out in the lobby area every morning was certainly a refreshing treat! I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Sheila Rash
Nice place; stayed at place that was same as booked by Rocky Mountaineer
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Jack
"Superb stay, very good place"
Core downtown location, easy access, ample parking
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
BC Visitor
Great stay! i was there for 9 nights and no complaints!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Tiny slow elevator, TINY bathroom, rattling air conditioner, luckily we did not spend time in our room except for sleeping. Hotel location pretty close to seedy area of town, did not feel totally comfortable walking home at night with my kids.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Really convenient location - walked from the City Centre train station! Handy stop on the Hop-on-Hop-off tour trolley. Enjoyed having the pool available and my ''swim" with the orca!
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Older hotel - close to everything, staff is GREAT"
Stayed here after a cruise - about $5 (Can.) cab ride from the docks. The room was clean, large and comfortable, but the great attention by the staff made the stay special! Next time in Vancouver I would stay here again!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Wes
"Good Location"
If you are looking to visit Vancouver and walk the city this hotel seemed to be right in the middle. I would stay there again. This Hotel was consistent with other Holiday Inn's I have stayed at.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Not coming back to this hotel"
I'm not recommending to friends and relatives .
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Sonia
"Nice hotel, centrally located"
Overall this is a nice hotel. It is located in downtown Vancouver, very close to restaurants and shopping. It is also across the street from the Hop On Hop Off tour bus stop. The hotel rooms are comfortable, yet small. Bathrooms are extremely small, only one person can occupy at a time. There was a problem with our heating system in the room, it was blowing cold air. The hotel staff offered to move my family and I to a new room or provide us with a space heater. We chose the space heater and the remainder of the stay was comfortable. The hotel's website and signage at the hotel indicated a heated pool, however the pool water was cold and when we asked staff about it they indicated the pool was no longer being heated, Not sure why.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Good downtown option."
Pros: Great staff, very clean, new decor and furniture, convenient downtown location Cons: Small room and VERY small washroom. No refrigerator.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great location and excellent food!"
We ate 5 meals in the restaurant located in the lobby in a matter of 3 days. The food was outstanding, and the service impeccable. In particular, one of the servers, Roy, made it his business to make customers feel at home and welcome. The hotel staff was professional and helpful.
2 night trip May 10, 2014
"Very helpful staff"
Smallish room, but very adequate for one night. Most impressed with helpful staff - for directions, recommendations for local restaurants, etc. I liked the exercise room!
Other trip May 18, 2014
Barb
"Good,location"
For a holiday inn it was above satisfactory. The free wifi was terrible and didn't work half the time. The parking was an extra 20.00 a day and the spaces were difficult to maneuver into. The bed was comfortable and the service in General was good. I would stay here again if they could guarantee the wifi was better the next time around.
3 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
"Don't stay here."
The mattresses must be decades old. I believe sleeping on a sack of potatoes might be more comfortable. The air exchanger did not work, the bathroom door did not close, and one day the room was not even cleaned. The pool is less a pool and more similar to an uninviting small concrete pit. The noise from the outside was very bad. Not worth the price and not to be recommended.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Staff can be more friendly and costumer oriented.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
josh wah
"Great hotel!"
I recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. The staff was excellent and always friendly, the room was very clean, and the parking made it easy to come and go. I was there on business and the van we were driving would only fit it the lower parking area, but no matter what time of the night we returned (and we had some weird hours), someone was always in the alley opening the gate to let us in. Every employee at the front desk was very nice and helpful and had no issues printing us directions to the many locations we had to visit. It made navigating much easier.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Great location downtown"
I was so impressed with the new renovation. Can't beat the price for a Friday and Saturday night. Great Central downtown location. Quick walking distance to eat cheap or expensive. My husband and I travel to Vancouver BC from Seattle a few times a year for a couples weekend and usually stay at the Sheraton Wall center. We were so impressed with our overall stay at the Holiday Inn we will be staying here for now on. Room was updated, clean, spacious with a small sliding balcony. You can hear people talking in the hallways outside the door but we were not disturbed. Staff was full of friendly smiles and helpful with directions and the 24hr fitness area and pool was a plus.
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Convenient location, but filthy accomodations"
Let's start with the GOOD: the LOCATION of the hotel was great; it was close to restaurants and social scenes and it was walking distance to the water taxis. I would have been a better hotel if I were visiting Vancouver with my girlfriends rather than my family, but it was decent nevertheless. Super FRIENDLY staff and people in the surrounding are in general. Unfortunately, there is a BAD side too: the room was FILTHY1) the shower wasn't even wiped down from the last guest, 2) there were short curly hairs in between the sheets leading me to believe the sheets were not changed between guests, 3) the glass barely looked wiped and had fingerprints left from the previous guests, 4) there was trash and old pantyhose behind the TV, 5) there were cigarette butts left behind on the balcony, 6) we had some extremely loud neighbors who didn't sleep.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
"Overall review"
The only problem I had was my room key had to be reprogramed a few times. Easy fix in this case.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
PapaJimmy
"Room was not ready so we stays in lobby ..."
We arrived in hotel at 2:30 PM since the rain was hard in Vancouver so we cut our activities short. To our surprise, we were told the room was not ready, the cleaning was not done. We were asked to leave and returned after 4:00 PM. I thought I was dealing with a stone faced government official, not in a hotel. We finally got in the room after 4:00 AM and found a lady who was still working in the room. At lease, it was not a lie. We saw many who came in after us got check in immediately, it seems that we were the only room which was not ready. Weren't we special!
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was a quiet room and the bed was very comfortable. It is in a great part of town. Everything was very close. There is a fee for overnight parking. Also, there wasn't a refrigerator in our room which we could have used. Overall, though, great place and we'd come back.
1 night family trip Oct 19, 2013
Traveler
This hotel is great to stay at. Very friendly staff and very clean. This is my hotel of choice whwn I stay in Vancouver.
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2013
Amil M.
"Not impressed but not disapointed"
We stayed here with my 20 month old daughter. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom even looked clean enough that I let her take a bath in the tub. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was convenient. You have to drive with the precision of a surgeon to get in and out of the parking structure and we had a compact rental car. There was only one set of elevators and they moved painfully slow. Only a moderate inconvenience when you're standing in the lobby. It gets a little worse when you have a tired 2 year old you're trying to get to stay in the stroller untill you get back up to your room. It's miserable when you're standing out front the hotel laundry door, in the parking garage, over 10 minutes with so much heat and humidity pouring out that you have to go shower again. When my husband took the one and only stairs he set off all kinds of alarms, oops! It's listed as in a good neighborhood, wich it is, kindof. Just be careful of walking down Davie street with small children. It's only a block or two away and we just happend through it on a walk to stretch our legs. Safe yes, but I think it might be a little dificult to explain some of the liberal alternative lifestyle shop window displays to little kids.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Cat
"Great hotel, perfect location"
The hotel is situated in a great area, very comfortable rooms, service also great.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
Raul
"Central to everything"
Our stay here was fine. We were looking for a reasonable room in a good location. We got it, and thats all we can ask for. Easy walk to Yaletown, Chinatown. Prob easy walk to Gastown, too, but took a cab bcs we were tired from walking to all the other 'hoods. The hotel was clearly a bit older, but the room was fine, nice even -- updated with a big, flat-screen tv, a couch etc. Perfectly comfortable. We were a bit put off a check-in, we were told to wait and our room wasnt ready, while someone who came in 10 mins later got right into their room. But, not the end of the world. The point wasnt to spend the weekend in our hotel room. It was to get out and see the town, and have a good place to come back and crash. This hotel met that need perfectly, plus a little more.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
slopkins
Requested two beds for the room but only got a one bed room. The room wasn't big enough to have a cot brought in so one of us had to sleep in the chair. Call ahead and make sure what you requested is what comes up in their system. Other than that, everything was good.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Overnight Stay"
Wonderful experience. There is nothing more to say.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
B's
Our room had no conditioning. They offered us 2 fans instead and asked us to just open the window... It's very noisy in the middle of night - sound of ambulance and the homeless people... We stayed there for 3 nights but they couldn't fix the air condition and didn't offer us to change the room. I can't believe we were paying more than $200 per night but with this kind of condition. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
"If you need a room"
Every time we've stayed here, we note early check in. On most trip I have items that need to be taken to the room, not left in a car or 'storage' room due to value. Every time, we're not given our room until the last moment and forced to either sit in the lobby or drive around town. For the price, it's not a bad value if you 'just need a room' while in town.. The pool is ok, as not many downtown hotels have them now, but needs a serious cleaning (gunk all along the pool edge tile). We won't be back, since the check in guy "didn't know" when our room would be ready. Unless we 'just need a room' and anywhere else is full.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
The Photo Guy
"Short walk to convention center & stanley park"
This hotel was a great value. Reasonably priced, comfortable room, lots of restaurants and coffee shops near by, short walk to Robson Street shopping, Vancouver Art Gallery and waterfront. Hotel lobby was clean and modern. Front desk staff efficient and friendly. On site secure parking garage a definite plus - reasonable daily charge for parking. Free in room wifi also great. The end of Granville Street (one street east) near the hotel was a little sketchy; probably not great walking for families with young kids, but fine for couples and adults. Burrard and Thurlow, the two streets to the west, felt very "clean" and "safe" even late at night. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Kendra
"Nicely located, great staff"
The hotel was centrally located and the staff was fantastic. Not fancy but more than adequate.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Marie
"Great for a quick overnight"
Four of us stayed here on a Wednesday night, after the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert, and found it to be very convenient. Not being from the city, we looked for something affordable, within walking distance of a train line, shopping and dining. Front desk staff were helpful although I was very bothered by one of the cleaning staff, who was swearing and complaining very loudly while cleaning another room down the hall from where we were. We just checked in and she saw us come up and everything, but she continued to swear and bang cupboards and complain loudly. You could still hear her even once we went into our rooms.
1 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2013
"great location and room comfort"
enjoyed the stay at the Holiday Inn downtown Vancouver.
2 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Nice hotel but it is a little dated"
The room was clean and kept up nice. The queen size beds where what I would expect from a hotel. I few things that where a little off where these things. The bed I slept in was next to the air conditioner that I could not aim up and away from me. The elevators in the hotel are small . They fit about two people and one suit case or two suit cases and one person. The pool area is ok not a large one but my daughter still had fun and it is open all day . My wife says got don't go on vacation to stay at the hotel all day . So this location was great for that. We where able to walk to any where we wanted to go or ride the tour bus that stopped just out side of the hotel. I would tell any one that stays here to ask for a room on the third floor or above . The second floor is like a split level house and you have stairs
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
eric
it's just OK for a 2 nights stay. There's no person or only one person in the reception area working when we arrived @ 1PM. The staffs are not friendly and approachable.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Great value for money in downtown Vancouver."
Since all of the larger hotels were booked and couldn't guarantee us a handicap accessible room, we decided to stay here. The staff is wonderful, rooms are clean and nice - they even allowed us to borrow a wheel-chair for a full day! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They don't have a restaurant on-site, but there is a Starbucks across the street and a ton of restaurants on Davies street a block away. Perfect location for shopping on Burrard or dining out on Davies or Burrard.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013