All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1110 Howe St, Vancouver, BC, V6Z1R2, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9227

Our room had no conditioning. They offered us 2 fans instead and asked us to just open the window... It's very noisy in the middle of night - sound of ambulance and the homeless people... We stayed there for 3 nights but they couldn't fix the air condition and didn't offer us to change the room. I can't believe we were paying more than $200 per night but with this kind of condition. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
"If you need a room"
Every time we've stayed here, we note early check in. On most trip I have items that need to be taken to the room, not left in a car or 'storage' room due to value. Every time, we're not given our room until the last moment and forced to either sit in the lobby or drive around town. For the price, it's not a bad value if you 'just need a room' while in town.. The pool is ok, as not many downtown hotels have them now, but needs a serious cleaning (gunk all along the pool edge tile). We won't be back, since the check in guy "didn't know" when our room would be ready. Unless we 'just need a room' and anywhere else is full.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
The Photo Guy
"Short walk to convention center & stanley park"
This hotel was a great value. Reasonably priced, comfortable room, lots of restaurants and coffee shops near by, short walk to Robson Street shopping, Vancouver Art Gallery and waterfront. Hotel lobby was clean and modern. Front desk staff efficient and friendly. On site secure parking garage a definite plus - reasonable daily charge for parking. Free in room wifi also great. The end of Granville Street (one street east) near the hotel was a little sketchy; probably not great walking for families with young kids, but fine for couples and adults. Burrard and Thurlow, the two streets to the west, felt very "clean" and "safe" even late at night. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Kendra
"Nicely located, great staff"
The hotel was centrally located and the staff was fantastic. Not fancy but more than adequate.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Marie
"Great for a quick overnight"
Four of us stayed here on a Wednesday night, after the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert, and found it to be very convenient. Not being from the city, we looked for something affordable, within walking distance of a train line, shopping and dining. Front desk staff were helpful although I was very bothered by one of the cleaning staff, who was swearing and complaining very loudly while cleaning another room down the hall from where we were. We just checked in and she saw us come up and everything, but she continued to swear and bang cupboards and complain loudly. You could still hear her even once we went into our rooms.
1 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2013
"great location and room comfort"
enjoyed the stay at the Holiday Inn downtown Vancouver.
2 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Nice hotel but it is a little dated"
The room was clean and kept up nice. The queen size beds where what I would expect from a hotel. I few things that where a little off where these things. The bed I slept in was next to the air conditioner that I could not aim up and away from me. The elevators in the hotel are small . They fit about two people and one suit case or two suit cases and one person. The pool area is ok not a large one but my daughter still had fun and it is open all day . My wife says got don't go on vacation to stay at the hotel all day . So this location was great for that. We where able to walk to any where we wanted to go or ride the tour bus that stopped just out side of the hotel. I would tell any one that stays here to ask for a room on the third floor or above . The second floor is like a split level house and you have stairs
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
eric
it's just OK for a 2 nights stay. There's no person or only one person in the reception area working when we arrived @ 1PM. The staffs are not friendly and approachable.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"Great value for money in downtown Vancouver."
Since all of the larger hotels were booked and couldn't guarantee us a handicap accessible room, we decided to stay here. The staff is wonderful, rooms are clean and nice - they even allowed us to borrow a wheel-chair for a full day! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They don't have a restaurant on-site, but there is a Starbucks across the street and a ton of restaurants on Davies street a block away. Perfect location for shopping on Burrard or dining out on Davies or Burrard.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Ravi
The hotel is located near the city's financial district and is easily in reach for all the downtown amenities . The room, with two very comfortable double beds , was quiet and clean but overlooked a homeless hostel which was not good for first impressions. However for our two day stay it did not pose any problems. Our rate included breakfast however this was limited to three items from either the buffet menu or the hot plate plus ONE drink only. We decided to take the option of dinner one evening and after standing prominent in the restaurant area for ten minutes and being totally ignored by all the staff we left to dine elsewhere - a very poor show especially as they were not overly busy. Also, whilst checking in and out the staff seemed very disinterested and the gentleman at the desk (which is the first desk you see when you enter) who is there to inform you of excursions and places of interest in the city sat playing with his computer and just didn't want to help .... Just couldn't see the justification of his being there. Overall a comfortable stay but the staff do need more interaction with their guests.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"Could have been better"
Wi-if didn't work. We received our 430am wake up call at 10 after 5. Building is older, with nice updated rooms. Was a little confusing getting to the pool and finding our way to the lobby from our elevator.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"Paying attention to the customer"
The personnel lacked the ability to even provide the impression that they cared about the customer, this was a disappointing hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"nightinthecity"
convenient,quietroom
1 night trip May 18, 2013
kathytchir
"Very convenient for tourism. Right in downtown."
I live in Vancouver, but I booked a room here for my family's visit. We planed to go to the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and the shuttle bus stops right across from the hotel. Also we took Quick Shuttle to go to Seattle and the bus departs from the hotel as well. The hotel has no stunning view of the city. However, if your main target is tourism and you need a hotel room to basically rest and get ready for the next day, then this is the place. We had a great time staying here.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
Clarence
"HI Vancouver"
A nice hotel that is a few blocks from the Canada line from the airport. It was about a 15 minute walk from the line. The hotel is close to restaurants, and about a 15 minute walk to the harbor. The property was clean and our room was very efficient. The Internet was reliable everywhere on the property. The big negative was when we returned from our day out and about at around 10:00pm, we found our room had not been cleaned. We called the front desk and they gave us clean towels and coffee, but a big negative of how a room wouldn't be cleaned.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2013
"Across the street from Trolley stop"
very nice.
2 night trip May 18, 2013
"Holiday Inn Express Downtown Vancouver"
Very convenient downtown location, nice and big room with 2 queen size beds. I recommend to everyone.
Other trip May 19, 2013
"A maze of a hotel"
The hotel was clean and the rooms were great! The only issue was that the staff was not very attentive and I had to wait a long time to check in and check out. It seemed like a 'young' hotel staff who wasn't well versed on the hospitality industry. Also, they initially charged us twice for our room and breakfast, but reversed one charge when I asked. The hotel is close to Granville and we had a great time walking to the nightlife. Getting back to the room can be a challenge, though, because the hotel is like a maze. There are different elevators that lead to different parts of each level (think Escher's painting). Once you do find your room, it is worth it, though. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, and even a cute little balcony.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2013
"A good choice but make sure the alarm is not set"
Nice clean and comfortable hotel in good location. Very courteous check-in process. Also, we were allowed to check-in early which was great because we had traveled all night. We didn't use any of the hotel amenities but went sightseeing for the day instead. We noticed later that the Big Bus stops close by. The bed was *very* comfortable. The only low point was that ADA alarm clock went off (vibrating the bed repeatedly) at some point during the night and it required a reluctant and grumpy staff member to come and crawl under the bed in order to unplug it and make it stop. Unsatisfactory response when we reported this at check-out but we didn't let it ruin our stay. Recommend this hotel as very good overall but make sure alarm clock is not set for the middle of the night!
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Nice location and good customer service."
We stayed in Holiday Inn express for one night during week day. Its satisfactory. Room was pretty big. Beds were very comfy(comfortable). We reached hotel at 1am due to flight delays and receptions were ready with a nice room on the 4th floor. Breakfast buffet was ok.
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2013
P.J
"Don't believe the pictures!"
The bathroom was not at all like the ones on the website. Tiny, tiny, tiny! When I questioned it, the front desk let me go look at a different room that did have a bigger bathroom but a very ugly view. This is an old building that they did recently renovate, but each room is configured differently it seems. Just be forewarned that you may not get what your'e expecting. Also had internet connection issues the entire time I was there (3 nights), and the TV went out one night, too, for no apparent reason from what the front desk could tell me.
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
Angie
"Rude Staff member, good location, wouldnt stay aga"
Cleanliness - 4/5. The room was not too big; I expected a bigger bathroom as well. Staff - 1/5 because in the morning around 6:30AM I got a knock at the door from a member of the staff, even though I had the do not disturb sign on my door, and I was told very rudely to keep the noise down or he would kick us out. The thing is, the night before on our floor there was an incredible ruckus, people screaming, running up and down the hall, slamming doors, etc. This happened twice, first at 10-11 PM as the group/party seemed to be going out, and than occurred again around 2-3AM when they returned. We did not complain, but the staff should have noticed this, this was a ridiculous amount of noise and commotion. It amazes me that they were not asked to keep the noise down in the middle of the night, but I was disturbed in the morning when I was simply TALKING to my family in my room with the do not disturb sign on the door. As I checked out I told the person at the front desk and they apologized. Once I got home I wrote an email to the Director of Operations, and he said he spoke to the employee (who I will not name), and he also apologized, which I greatly appreciate. I hope no one will get harassed by that staff member in the future now that he has talked to him. Comfort- 2/5 because one the noise in the middle of the night, & two, the staff member disturbing me. Upkeep - 4/5, normal Overall I was disappointed by the two incidents I listed and I will not be staying here again.
Other trip Mar 22, 2013
Texas Traveler
My stay at holiday inn was great the location was good the surrounding area was good overall experience was good.
Trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
"Really clean"
Close to Granville Street and good for if you're going out. One thing I did not like was how small the elevator was. You had to wait a really long time for it to free up and when we tried to use the stairs there was no exit. I also thought it was an odd rule to not have visitors after nine. Maybe all hotels do that...
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
"Journey in Downtown Vancouver"
Room very clean, large with all you need Close to downtown Vancouver & restaurants
Other trip Jan 5, 2013
Ben
"Noisy neighbors on New year's eve"
We checked in at around 4pm, the beds were clean but the there was no toiletries and the floor wasn't vacuumed yet. we had to call housekeeping twice to ask them to prepare our room. the staff were very apologetic about the inconvenience it caused us which was a good thing. The bathroom and the toilet were really small and there wasn't a lot of choices for the breakfast. My husband had to pay extra for a refill of his orange juice which was weird because in other Holiday Inn hotels, they don't. There were a lot of parties going on in the other rooms for new year's eve and we could hear our next door neighbor very loud and clear. And this went on the whole night. Parking was very expensive too, almost $20 per night.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2012
"hotel kitchen"
was great. Very nice bartender
1 night trip Sep 22, 2012
"Very convenient. Close to all"
It was great and everyone there was extremely helpful.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2012
"Central Location"
Why do these hotels charge for parking?
1 night trip Aug 28, 2012
"Good for family, we had a quiet room."
Good hotel, the room was cleaned late in the afternoon, but other than that, no complaints.
Other trip Aug 18, 2012
Location is GREAT. You can walk to anywhere downtown. Would have been nice to have had a microwave, a room safe and an electrical plug in the bathroom. Staff was VERY helpful. We would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 17, 2012
"Clean Rooms are a big plus"
Rooms were very clean and neat. Roomy area and everyone was very helpful. Very pleased with this hotel.
Other trip Jul 9, 2012
"Awesome hotel"
I was pleasantly surprised with how awesome the hotel room was. The room was very clean and it had a great view. We were however on the 4th floor. The hotel is located in the perfect spot too! You're literally one block away from Gainsville street and everything is easily accessible. If you're a smoker, there is a beautiful patio section on the 2nd floor that is open to you 24 hours. There's also a Starbucks across the street! I highly recommend booking your Vancouver trip at this hotel. The only bad thing about this hotel is that the pool is located in an awkward location. There are windows looking down on the pool so when people walk by they can easily see you. It's a bit weird so we didn't go to the pool at all.
Other trip Jul 2, 2012
Xuan
"first time to Vancouver"
Vancouver Downtown area is nasty. Hotel amenities: none Quality of service: poor. Stay out of downtown area.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2012
vacationer caution
"Great location at downtown Vancouver"
I stayed at this hotel on16-18 June 2012, the hotel still under renovation. Great location at city center/ downtown vancouver. Parking charges very expensive, I have to pay C$ 41 for two nights..
Other trip Jun 23, 2012
Wati
"Not very clean or well maintained"
The lobby area was nice, location convenient to Davie st village, but close to seedy area of Granville st. The common area has an ATM, small store, computers (pay) and a small bar/restaurant. The hotel was undergoing renovations and construction started at 9am sharp. It sounded as if they were hammering and drilling in the adjacent room on the wall by our heads and the room above. The bathroom had been neglected maintenance for awhile so appeared dirty (grout was black, some rust stains). At its current state I would not give this hotel a 3 star rating. But perhaps once renovations are done it would be okay
2 night trip Jun 13, 2012
Brent
disappointed that the restaurant was closed for remodeling-- would have like to have known that before booking.
4 night business trip May 26, 2012

"Will stay again"
Good hotel for attending events downtown - walking distance to all major venues.
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2015
"great service, can hear the neighbours though"
the staff was awesome, i came in in a panic cause i was running late and the front desk guy offered to run my parking pass back down to my car and leave my keys in my room! everyone i dealt with was absolutely terrific. i was on the executive floor, had no view, and had a door that lead to another room, not sure if thats why i could hear the guy next door peeing, talking on the phone and could hear every bit of his loud radio at 7am on a sunday. the bed was not very comfortable, so wishing i didnt upgrade to the king size, i couldnt wait to get out of it. the elevators are incredibly small and uncomfortable, and sometimes you have to wait for a few before you can find space to get on. other than that..everything was wonderful
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
Krista
"Downtown gem"
The hotel was great, very family friendly. The kids eat free deal in the restaurant was a nice surprise, and the location was great for our purpose. Right between Stanley park, and Granville island.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
wayne
"Cleanliness"
If u need the sheets changed you will need to ask more than 3 time for it to be changed. Other than that location is close to everything.
5 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Good option to stay near Granville"
Helpful staff. Near Granville Street but not too noisy.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Samuel
"Nice Hotel Downtown Vancouver"
Verry nice hotel, close to all amenities. The hotel is for business people as well as for single traveler and families. The location can't be beaten. Nice sized rooms with nice furniture. The staff is very friendly. I came around 11:30 am, but they let me move in to my room The restaurant offers good food to decent prices.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Great Hotel Close to the Rink!"
The room was comfy and clean. The hotel was easy to find and check in went off without a hitch. A family member became ill and they extended our check out free of charge until 2:00pm, which was really nice. Every thing they promised the hotel would be held true.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Tara
"One expensive bottle of water"
We stayed with friends who were in the room beside us. We stayed only because there was a room sale but we would not pay regular price for a room here. We loved the location because it is 4 blocks from Robson and Burrard. The restaurant on site looks less than appealing so we ate out during our stay. One very disappointing issue is that they charged us for the one bottle of water that was in the room (not impressed). The other option is tap water which is not good. You spend a lot of money for a bed and you can't even provide one bottle of water for free - give me a break! We would stay here again ONLY IF there was a deal to be had for the room. Don't drink the bottle of water, it was not cheap!
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Green Tea!!"
I enjoyed my sleep in this room. The beds were comfy and sooo many pillow options! It would have been nice to have a green tea option in the morning though! Quite a lot of people are drinking green tea these days.
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
"Lousy Management"
Went down for a concert with some friends and we were charged a 250 dollar non negotiable smoking charge in a non smoking room. No one had smoked in our room but the room next to ours had people smoking even though our whole hall was non smoking rooms. On the bill it said "smelled smoke from the hallway." I pointed out that the neighbours were smoking and iI was told "then they will also be billed and your getting the charge no matter what." I thought that the customer service was terrible and that they should look at improving the way they run their management.
Response by Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vancouver Downtown
Good day, Thank you for your review. I understand that the smoking fee is high, it is in place to prevent our guest's from smoking in the room or on the balconies, as we want all of our guest's to enjoy themselves. As was discussed with the Manager at the time, smoking on the balcony is an extension of the room and is why the fee was applied. We note this on our registration card to advise in advance. Sincerely, Tanner
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Rave in the adjoining property"
Rave in adjoining property Resulted in loud music until 2 am. As we were catching a flight in the morning following 3 hours sleep we we not pleased at all! The room however was comfortable. I won't be revisiting
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Jennie
"Hotel on Howe St. Vancouver Canada"
It was a very pleasant stay because my boyfriend and I rarely travel and checking into a hotel seems very difficult but this Holiday Inn made us feel very comfortable. The service at the front desk was very nice, they took the time to make me a membership at Holiday Inn which allowed me to collect points. They also upgraded our room! The upgraded room was very clean and tidy (a well cleaned hotel bathroom is very impressive). I was surprised that they had a 24 hour pool and spa. Overall, it was an excellent stay.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Vicky
"Nice close to mall. B.C place, movies"
Was a little cold then go through out the night. Comfortable beds relaxing
Other trip Dec 29, 2014