All hotels in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1779 North 9th Street, Bartonsville, PA, 18321, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
"disappointing"
I expected better from a Howard Johnson's hotel, I booked two rooms, one had flat screen but the other had a very old television, there was a smell like old socks everywhere. our rooms were ground level and most hotel with ground level rooms and a back entry to the rooms after a certain time you have to enter with your room key, but the lock on the door was broken.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Jo-Ann
"Convenient location, next to major highways."
The hotel was one I stayed at many years ago. It currently looks like a hotel that needs updating; but, it was clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was large, and the bed and mattress were nearly new. The bathroom was updated somewhat. The stuffed chair needed to be replaced - it's arms were worn and there were stains on the material. The TV was an older console model, which should be a flat screen in today's world. Overall, I would stay there again, because the room rate was actually low for the area, and the location was ideal for where I was visiting. One complaint was that the fitness room did not open until 9:00 AM. I like to workout well before that.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Never Stay at this Hotel"
The outside of this hotel is run down and you feel as though you've made a very big mistake in booking the hotel. However, the rooms were ok and the beds were comfortable as well as clean. There are smells in this hotel that are not attractive. The restaurant wasn't bad either although the service was very slow. Not the waiter's fault. He was the only one serving. The pool could be bigger, alot of wasted space. I would not stay at this hotel. The management is less than honest. The location of the hotel is on a highway that is busy. I was looking for something a bit more quaint.
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Not bad."
It wasn't a bad room, however I need to know why all of the Middle Eastern hotel owners insist on using the same God awful air freshener? It stinks. Either you're not cleaning the rooms properly, or the incense you're using went bad. I'm not being racist, but come on. It stunk. Thank God for the air conditioner which blew out the smell. You were all nice and pleasant to deal with and I will be staying there again, but please invest in better air fresheners.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Chad Storm
"Never again."
As usual, the lobby was OK. That's where it ended. Outside the lobby was a hang out for smokers, etc. Very uncomfortable approaching the building. The room was not clean. Layers of dirt on fixtures, outlets and stains on the furniture. The lounging chair was slashed open and browned. The bed was old. The AC didn't work unless you turned it down to 63 degrees. The bathroom fan didn't work. The bathroom counter/vanity squeaked and was wobbly. The rugs were damp on our feet - NO FAN!!!! Finally, we killed a number of large bugs and spiders in the room. We slept with the lights on. Nasty. The price, whatever it was, wasn't worth it. As we left, the front desk listened to a few of my suggestions, but really were disinterested. They said they would call maintenance AFTER we left. That chair had been slashed open a long time ago. The foam had darkened and become hardened. And, is anyone ever going to trim the weeds around the building. If it weren't for the lighted HoJo sign, I would have thought it was an abandoned building. No. Never again. I have family close by this hotel. I will go farther away for a better experience. Sad excuse.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Are you kidding
"Nice Hotel close to many interesting site."
The Hotel is nice, the room are very spacious and the staff are very nice. The TV should be replaced with a new one.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Rufino
"Nice hotel close to outlet malls"
Close to outlet mall, food across the street, pool was clean and nice, half hour away from entertainment
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"nice and very quite place to be"
i styed in this hotel four nights.it was clean and nice hotel.me and four kids enjoyed the pool.the hotel is located in avery good locatin.close to all shoping and restaurant and gas station.pleanty of places to go and have fun.it was close to camelback mountain.overall iwas very happy to be ther and no complain at all.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
bob
"Carry your cell phone!"
Housekeeping staff was excellent. Room was adequate, but instead of a desk - have a table in the room if possible. When we wanted to eat a take-out dinner, we had to sit on the beds to eat ... only one chair. The phone would not allow a local call to be placed. Tried all of the suggestions from the front desk - dialing '9', then '1' followed by local #. NOPE. Tried just '9' then local #. NOPE AGAIN. Nothing worked. The front desk tried to fix the problem. NOPE. Finally, on Day##, a local relative informed us that the telephone company had over-lapped two area codes and we had to use the area code plus the local # to get through. THAT STILL DID NOT WORK! So we had 6 long-distance calls on our cell phone that should have been free local callings. The parking lot was full of potholes, but it was only mirroring the area roads and avenues ... Pennsylvania - Land of 10,000 potholes! I know, we hit most of them!
4 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Kate Pugh
"Photos must be from previous owners"
This place smells of mildew and is beyond outdated. The pool tile is covered in mold/ mildew. The lobby looks like a scene from a horror flick. There are ceiling tiles that are plastic, shaped like a funnel that catch water penetrating the ceiling and then are funneled into buckets for removal. Our refrigerator was covered in burn marked from cigarettes. This is a party motel, not a place for children which we learned the hard way. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"horrible smell in the room, dirty hallways"
had to stay here in an emergency, but won't stay again. the halls were dirty, with a towel on the floor in front of our door. the room smelled pretty bad also
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
vicki h
"Clean but basic"
This place was easy to locate as it was right off of 80 and close enough to a number of attractions. The room was clean and spacious and had a fridge and microwave. No breakfast included, but we got a coupon to the restaurant that we didn't end up using. There is an indoor pool with a glassed in area and a patio for outdoor eating. For the price, it was a good deal. Amenities were basic but we enjoyed our stay. Near shops and supermarket.
3 night romance trip Aug 17, 2014
"close to hospital"
The pool was very warm, which was nice. Pool was dirty, and all around the pool was dirty.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Lorraine
There are no elevators in this hotel and very confusing layout. I would not stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Good for an overnight stay
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Weeds overgrown. Carpet torn. Half of arcade doesn't work
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
satisfied
6 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
Frank Delgado
"I like the hotel overall. But the smell not really"
I like our room was clean and nice. But the hotel smell don't really. I sprayed some of my perfume to feel like my room lol.. Service kind of polite on the front desk... Not bad.. Should smile more and be nice to customers just little advice .. My humble opinion .. From Ct .
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
lubia
"Easy access for eatery and shopping and fun."
We were a group of 6 with ages ranging from 13-57 and we need to find a hotel that is situated in the center of each other interest. Food, shop, mountain adventure, water park, shooting range and horse riding. And this hotel location has it all!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Nelly
"great place to stay"
Room was convient to everything. Pool great. Beds VERY comfortable and best pillows I seen in a long while. Free paper available at desk. Staff very nice and friendly. Convient to restuarents and things to do. Easy access and egress from lot to road.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Ron L
"Poconos"
When we arrived the desk clerk was terrible, she could not be bothered. I posed two question to her about the hotel, her answer was I have never eaten there. We were asking about the hotels accomations. Later I had my grandsons in the pool, she just walked in at 9:35 and shut the lights off.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"nice place to stop from Ohio to NYC"
Right off the highway. Close to everything. Nice facilities (for the price). Breakfast was not included, but everything else was good. My 3 little kids loved the indoor pool!!!
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
james
"Average hotel in desperate need of so tlc."
Expedia recommended this room when I searched for 3 adults. The group was myself, my wife, and my 18 year old son. The room was listed as having a king bed. I assumed that if expedia recommended it then we would likely get a cot put in the room. Unfortunately the hotel charged an additionall ten dollars for the cot. The room itself was disappointing. There were stains on the carpet. There was even a spot where a one foot square section had been cut out and then replaced, quite poorly. The furniture had seen better days. We found the ice bucket dirty and it even had a live tic inside. The soda machines on our floor did not work. The landscaping outside was in poor condition. Staff was friendly and helpful. I did observe roaming staff picking up trash around the building and the par link lot. The stairwell had and odor of recent fumigation. I later found another bug which may or may not have been a tic in the bathroom. Fixtures in the bathroom were dirty especially at joints. The shower head had scum buildup. I would expect this condition in a short stay motel in the city where folks don't really care. This place has potential but needs a thorough cleaning and updating.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
frank
"Very unmaintained and dirty"
This hotel was very dirty. The room I stayed in had old old old furniture, dirty lamps, broken lamp shades, ripped sofas, and the entire room smelled over perfumed to hide the odor of the old and dirty furniture. I would not recommend staying here what so ever. The front desk attendants were nice and the area wasn't too bad but the hotel is disgusting. My advice, go somewhere else.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Lauren
we are visiting the hotel for almost 10 years,great exp.,nice pool,great people,good price for family of 5,thank you.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Old, tired, not so clean but comfy bed."
Pull into the parking lot and one would think they went out of business. The overgrown unkept landscaping is awful. If I was getting off I-80 for a night of rest and turned into the lot, I would keep turning and find another hotel. Besides the fact the hotel needs a major renovation of all areas, it's just not clean. Lots of fan forced air fresheners and febreeze just don't cover the mustiness. We had 3 rooms and all were equivalent. The rooms were musty, rugs were vacuumed but need deep cleaning or replacing, bathroom not too bad but tub needs a good scrubbing. We requested connecting rooms and that wasn't an option as they were already given out, even though I mentioned it on my reservation page at hotels.com. Front desk said I need to take that up with them. Complementary coffee in lobby is nice but only offers non dairy creamer and sugar. Serengeti restraunt was good for breakfast. Randy did an excellent job serving, waiting and cooking! Give him a raise. Front desk staff less than friendly. Pool itself is nice, clear, chlorinated and warm. Pool area is scary with overgrown jungle and partially used for storage with cleaning spray bottles in reach of children. Location of hotel is excellent, right off I-80 with good dining choices across the street.
2 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
Rich
Only issue was the mold that was behind the mirror and Light in the bathroom. Otherwise there were no issues :-$
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
While we weren't expecting a 5 start hotel, we were expecting an average stay being Howard Johnson locations are everywhere . The hotel was very out dated , the rooms, the halls , the while property . We reserved 3 nights and after check in it was clear we had to move on. If you're a couple of guys looking for a place to crash during a fun weekend at the raceway this place is perfect, however having small children I will never return .
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
The hotel was dusty and threadbare
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"The room very clean. My kids enjoy the clean pool"
Good service...the cleaning lady was very polite and mantain the room really clean..the family enjoy very much all the facility
Evelyn
"Clean and comfortable"
We stayed here for one night en route to another destination (resort); room was clean and comfortable, everything was in working order (AC, etc.), friendly staff. We brought an air mattress for one of the kids to sleep on, not much room for it. Ate at the restaurant, it was fine for a late night dinner (8 pm) for our family of 5 (kids ages 14, 11 and 8). Restaurant was practically empty, service was quick and friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
Chelle
"Ok if you need a place but don't expect much."
Old, old, old. Doesn't even have an elevator so I was told. Staff was nice enough.
The Hotel needs an upgrade and the lighting in the room is poor.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"It served its purpose"
I was only dissatisfied with a few things. Breakfast was below average I couldn't see in the dark restaurant. Pool had a leaking roof . Room was clean though and staff was nice.......
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Pocono Getaway"
I wanted to go to the Poconos for a respite fronM the heat in Atlanta. The weather was as expected with lows in the 50's. However, because it was a holiday weekend (July 4th) and there was a car race going on (Pocono Raceway) I could not get a room at my preferred location. This was the only location I found that had rooms available and it was easy to understand why. The facility is just plain worn down. It is in serious need of a facelift. I'm not a snob, but for the rates being charged for the room, it was not commensurate with the facility. The staff was capable and the room attendant was very good. It was just that the motel was shopworn. When making future plans to the area, I would only stay at this location if my only other option would be to sleep in my car.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Not a good stay"
Over priced, for a hotel of this price we had a few expectations which were not met. There is no free breakfast, you get a 10% off coupon for the restaurant in the hotel (food is pricey there). We asked for a non smoking room, however, when we got to our room it smelled very musty and the smell of old cigarettes was still present. It didn't help that the room wasn't far from the outside smoking area either. The room was not in the best of condition, the appliances, while working were rather old. The tv was an older model as well. We were disturbed by people running through the halls at 1 AM and firecrackers in the parking lot, so we did not get the rest for our long trip back. The price is too high for the amenities and condition of the room. We will not be staying here again.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"DONT STAY HERE"
This hotel was not kept up at all. The bathroom was disgusting and filthy. Left a night early because I couldnt take another night there. So dirty and gross.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
not happy
Bathroom was not very clean and the room smelled.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
room was dingy and did not feel clean. My wife and I and another couple felt the same way. The women would not walk on room carpet without their shoes on.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Run down property in the Poconos"
Building looked as if it has seen better days. Beds were too soft and uncomfortable. We were in nonsmoking room but my wife could smell smoke on the bed linens. Strange restaurant -- we ordered fruit for breakfast but our waiter said the chef forgot to pick it up that morning. Huh? Not worth the price.
Don
"Clean, basic room"
We just needed a comfortable place to sleep while exploring the Poconos for a couple of days.Room was clean and comfortable. First floor a bit smelly from smoking rooms, but once upstairs to the non-smoking floor it was fine. Would stay here again.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
The hotel is in a great poconos location but it needs major work in the inside. They furniture in our room was dirty and stained the roll away was a $10 charge per night of use and it was almost falling apart, there isn't a complimentary breakfast included but their is a restaurant inside that seems to never been open for guest to go and eat at. The pool had way to much chlorine in it and the 25 minute swim I completed was because I couldn't take anymore of the burning nose and eyes and I love to swim !! Maybe for an overnight stay I would give it a 2.2 star rating but for multiple days I do not recommend.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"satisfactory hotel"
Easy to get to. Room was clean, somewhat updated, but smelled very strong of air freshener or cleaners. Outside looks run down. Restaurant was adequate..no complaints. Staff was very kind.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Got the job done..."
The hotel is a bit old an dingy. I only stayed over one night and the room was generally clean. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there, but I wouldn't totally avoid it. For a smaller budget, this hotel will get the job done.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Andy
"Restless night"
People talking and babies crying all night. The hotel staff did not ask me how my stay was. They instantly n knew I was an Expedia customer and was not friendly about it.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Craig
"The service was terrible"
The resteraunt was terribly organized. Ive visited many times before and it has never been this bad. The resteraunt not only took about 45 minutes to make an omellet but gave me the wrong order, and didnt even get me a water or the orange juice I ordered. Never again ill be better off at the comfort inn down the road.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
bp1019
"Well, it works"
Directions are wrong so call ahead! Rooms are nice but not made for more than 2-3 tops. Only one washer and dryer . Resturant was cute and staff was friendly . If you need a place to stay the night and take a hot shower this fits the bill
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
K Smith
"The hotel needs a major makeover!"
We only stayed one night I thought a hotel rated at 3 and half would be much better than it was it needs a major makeover!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Okay place to stay"
If your in need of assistance at this hotel don't expect it. The front desk clerk was not helpful at all. I was traveling with my three kids 1 month old, 1 year old and 3 year old and asked for a ground floor room since they had no elevators and was told I needed to requested it when I booked. Sucked having to carry my stroller and all of the baby stuff up and down those steps.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Rashid
"Vacation in the Poconos"
Although the rooms were nice and the roome service was very nice we had other problems that will keep us from staying their again. We were their with two other couples for a 5 night stay, We were unaware there was a soccer tornament that weekend and that was the problem. Thursday night and Sunday night were fine for sleeping. Friday we had a soccer game going on in our hallway, Saturday night the girls staying their played a game of jail break running rampant thru the hallways. Both nights the kids were yelling and laughing. The soccer boys were kicking the ball up and down the hallway and bounced the ball off doors. Monday night around 3:30 am there was a domestic dispute. Screaming and shouting. Several other people were yelling for them to shut up. This went on for awhile. We expected to have a restfull stay that did not happen.
5 night family trip May 22, 2014