All hotels in Bartonsville, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1779 North 9th StreetBartonsvillePA18321United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

Good internet service
    Great pool
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
I had to buy Lysol and cleaning fluid to take away musty smell in the room. I saw a black bear roaming in the field next to the parking lot on the B/C side and when I told the desk attendant about it he blew me off. Cell phone reception even with wifi is the worst! They need major upgrades!!
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"very bad"
It was very bad, people gives you the wrong information , and were very rude
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
alejandra
"Horrible hotel!"
The worst ever rooms smell of cigarrete! Horrible staff!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
CJ
"Way too outdated, disgusting mildew odor"
So we spent a few nights here and I was skeptical about staying at a cheaper hotel, but the online pictures were very nice , looks can be quite deceiving the nicest part was the lobby and certainly didn't go with how the rest of the place looked after check in. The rooms are very old and outdated. The hairdryer didn't work, half the bulbs from the lamps in the room were blown out, burn holes in blankets, strong musty smell ,definitely not enough towels. I had to track down someone for towels and you would have thought I wanted her to give me a limb, after ten minutes trying to get her to understand that there were five of us and two bath towels, one hand towel and one washcloth wouldn't be enough she finally gave me a few more after complaining. The pool looks so pretty on the online photos but when you see it in person, it's dark and dingy and if you look up at the glass ceiling it's all black because it's so dirty, so the skylight offers no light. When walking the hallways, there are always dirty towels and sheets laying on the floor. Breakfast cost 50.00 for three kids, husband and I and it was gross and the wait staff were strange. Had a scone floor room and no elevator was quite a struggle with all our luggage. The nicest part about the hotel was the friendly staff at the counter. I wasnt expecting the Ritz Carlton when I stayed here, but i did expect it to be clean and comfortable. Definitely won't go back, finally got the musty smell out of my belongings
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
warmayy
"Not too happy"
Room smelled old and there was hair in the bathroom tube and floor
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Maryann
"Close to Highways and stores"
The room had a bad smell . The ac kept turning on and off. The pool had no towels and it was raining in the pool.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
bree
"Close to Camelbeach waterpark & shopping outlet."
Hallway carpet old, smell like smoking area, took a while to pacify unruly guest next door. Very friendly staff.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Maria
"Avoid this place"
This place was a real dump. Aside from the lobby, nothing on this property has been updated for thirty years. The carpets were stained, the furniture was falling apart, and the hallways and rooms smelled. I came here with low expectations, and this place failed to meet those expectations. This chain is owned by Wyndham Hotel Group, and I am surprised that they would allow a place like this to carry their brand name. I would avoid this place if at all possible.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Dana
"Disappointing"
It was not good at all. The rooms were not clean. Hallway were smelling really bad. Sheets were not clean. Long list of things. Sorry for my comments. That's what I feel.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Sekhar
The stay was wonderful, love the housekeeper, n my room was always clean n have clean towel.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"looks nicer than it really is"
Hotel looked nicer in the pictures. Its was kinda run down and the hallway smelled like smoke a lot and we had a non smoking room. We asked ahead of time if they had room service and they told us yes as they have a restaurant. I called and ordered the food but they didn't bring it to my room. Instead, they called the room and told me it was ready for me to pick up. That is NOT room service. I called and went to the front desk on my second night and asked for extra towels and was told someone would bring them to my room which of course they never did. I probably won't stay there again.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
Hotel and rooms are filthy
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"What do you want me to do about it Mam?"
"Shocked"/ "Pathetic" would be the words to describe management at this hotel! A soccer team was staying at the hotel & they were out of control. Screaming, running down halls, kicking soccer ball into door, banging on doors. Enough I went to leave my room & 5 kids almost ran me down. They ran right past the front desk - I pointed at them & said there is a problem. Told the manager on duty what they had been doing, but we were right down the hall from the front desk so sure he witnessed what was going on before my complaint. Here is the response I got with a smile mind you - "What do you want me to do about it mam?" WHAT??? Wrong answer. So I proceed to tell him start calling rooms get a hold of the parents. He says there not in their rooms there all out back having a party. Well then go out and tell them I said. Again smiling he says- I don't know what you want me to do? Ahhhhhhhh! I am a paying guest as well and I need to sleep tonight. Unbelievable! I still shake my head thinking about it! As far as room itself -the good: it was clean, spacious, had micro & fridge. The bad: the beds were not very comfortable, hotel was older/dated. We visit the poconos area every year - unfortunately I went the cheaper route this time picking this hotel - that won't happen again! Il pay more for better service next time!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Pretty Good"
Everything was fine except the room was overly perfumed, and the air conditioner wasn't working, so we sweat all night.
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
Katherine
"THANKS GIRLS"
I return here because of the staff!! I could stay at any place in the area for about the same or cheaper, but there are a few really good employee at this hotel that have been extremely helpful to me in more ways than one! Also a huge and special "Thank You" to Nanita and Lou!
3 night trip May 4, 2015
"Get out of the city"
As I New Yorker, I have been visiting the Poconos area with my wife and kids for over 7 years already and I have to say that this last visit was one of the best if not the best of all times. The area is great, well located, accessible and still close to forest amenities to feel that you are not in the city. We rusted marshmallows in the back of the hotel at night and we even had a BBQ in the area designated. We did have a great time, we are planning going back again.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
fabian
"Really bad carpet."
Place is a dump. Feet stuck to the carpet as I was walking in. I don't think it rates as even a 1 star. It's 70s decor is working on 45 years of patina.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
mark
"Ok for the price."
I've stayed here a couple of times, due to convenient location and reasonable price. This facility is ok as long as expectations are not too high. The rooms and hallway are relatively clean, but have musky oder, which is most likely due to the old carpeting. I accidentally spilled water in the room. When I used the room's white towel to soak up the water, the towel became brown. I will bring slippers on my next visit because I don't want to be barefoot on the rug. The bed was comfortable and linen pretty clean. The best feature of the hotel is the large indoor heated pool, however it is reserved in the afternoon for a swimming class.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Traveler
"It is not great room"
It is old chairs, desk, bathroom is not great and not enough room of bathroom. Ceiller is low. Hall too dark and smell awful. also not free hot and cold breakfast. I think need to improvement new design all of building.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Nice stay
3 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Magdalena
The stay was good. Shopping center and food arena as close by.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"perfect location"
Staff are very pleasant and very helpful. Room was very spacious. Bathroom tubs and toilets need to be updated, very old fashioned.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
B
"one and a half thumbs up!"
Check in was rather rushed, the girl did not seem to be bothered when we asked questions about the area. She kind of just brushed us off. She did not even smile. The other desk employees the following days were not like her at all. She was the exception it appears. The room was comfortable, although the heat really kicked butt... over hot (had to adjust the temp before going to sleep in order to not be overheated). Serengeti restaurant had an awesome breakfast BUT the hotel did NOT offer any breakfast whatsoever and the hotel coffee tasted like it had been brewed last week. The area itself was jammed packed with stuff to do, pottery studio, house of candles, outlet shopping. Despite our desire to refrain from 'chain restaurants', we wound up at Red Robin since our experience with area restaurants was less than satisfactory with the exception of Serengeti (at the hotel) and a small place down 611 called 'Dale's'. I would probably stay here again in the event decided to return to the area.
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Shelly
"More than meets the eye!"
This hotel had all the amenities. Nice pool, bar, and restaurant. They just need to keep some of the locals out of the bar.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Our Stay"
The hotel looked old, carpets in hall where ragged etc. Staff was helpful
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Good place"
Just a fine place to stay. It was hard to adjust the heat to be totally 100% comfortable yet the pool, hot tub and workout room were clean and enjoyable.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Nicholas
We stayed in this hotel for one night. Nice hotel, clean room, pool with warm water. Great place to stay for families with kids, Camelback resort within less than 10 min driving.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Inessa
"needs to be updated"
The staff was ok not to friendly.. lots of parking and easy to find.. the rooms need to be updated.. its old and the hallways smell like smoke.. and our room was freezing.. the ac/heater makes super loud noise... Ok for the price you pay..
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
eunnie
"Not worth the money"
Room was dated and dirty. Front desk was nice enough. Non smoking room had cigarette burns on bedding and floor. Card key failed on several occasions
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Great Stay!"
I had a great experience at this hotel. My family and I decided to go skiing and snow tubing nearby at camelback mountain. We reserved 3 rooms at this Howard johnson which was like 5 mins away from the slopes. The staff was excellent, the pool was nice and warm, the bar was convenient and the breakfast was excellent all inside the hotel. There was no need to leave the hotel which made it feel like a resort. I highly reccomend this hotel! I will definitely be staying at this hotel in he future and will be recommending this hotel to my family n friends!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"family getaway"
Very outdated hotel. However, the staff were very polite and friendly.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Denise
"Clean room"
Stayed at the hotel for a family ski weekend. The hotel manager was very helpful, extremely accommodating and friendly. Very strong smell of chlorine throughout the hotel and the indoor pool was a bit of a disappointment. Overall it was a comfortable, clean room that worked well for our weekend.
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great Getaway"
Despite the bad reviews on this hotel I still took my chances and booked. Went snow tubing for my son's bday at camelback which was a five min drive. I was nervous when we walked in then immediately I smelled freshness in the air. Every review complained about the smell of smoke but not in our case. The staff were friendly, the hallway's and rooms were fresh and clean. Pool was clean and the kids had a ball. My only complaint is the restaurant service was really slow due to only having one waiter but they were really nice just overwhelmed. The kids were getting restless and by the time we received our food we had to ask for to go containers. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Miss Freckles
"Ok for one night"
Ok for a one night stay if you don't plan on spending much time there. However, if you get snowed in like I did, you may be disappointed. The tv was 20 years old and everyone looked like an orange blur on it. There was no plug to hook in the dvd player I brought and no way to change the settings. Rooms were ok, they were clean except for the pretzel under the chair someone missed. There were children running up and down the hall screaming at midnight. Hotel staff was ok, restaraunt staff was great. Overall it was ok.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"excellent"
Is really good location close to everything around that area
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Adan G.
"Poco stop"
Breakfast was really great and staff was exceptionally helpful
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Needs upgrade"
Room only had 1 dresser in a double queen bedroom. Plumbing needed repair. The parking area should have been plowed more efficiently and rock salt placed on walking areas.. When I checked out the clerk just took my key and said bye. She did not ask me if I enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Great hotel perfect location. The beds were comfortable & the rooms were clean.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Reasonable for the price"
It was reasonably price and the service was good. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Danielle
"trip"
Nice and clean room. Close to shopping and attractions
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
gonzalo
"Ok for the price"
This is an older hotel with no recent updates. The rooms, while clean, are dated. The carpeting is a number of years old and the bathroom light was hanging down on one end. The tub had a permanent greying to the bottom that no amount of cleaning would get out. The chair in the room as soiled along with the ottoman. I give this hotel a 3 only because of the price and the friendliness of the staff.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Highly recommended"
Absolutely perfect location right off of the interstate. Plenty of dining options in the immediate area, and nice bar inside hotel. Will be staying here again.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Gregg
The location is really convenient you can walk to restaurants and is just a minutes away from ski places. the hotel is good is not the most modern thing but is decent. the pool is a good place to swim in and is good in the winter since its inside. the breakfast is good and its a really nice restaurant also is not expensive the breakfast is around 5 dollars and the service is really nice. and the staff were really nice and helpful.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
maira
"Nice big pool, heated. Game room. Good location"
Stayed one night and it was perfectly fine. Hotel could use some upgrading but the room was clean and comfortable, did not smell as some previous reviewers mentioned. Hallway did a little but not the room. Room is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. Hotel pool is bigger and warmer than most I have been to. Location is right off of I-80 and there are 2 shopping centers across the street with several restaurant choices. We stayed the night before we went to Camelback. It is probably a 15 min drive or less so pretty convenient. Don't know if I would stay a whole week here but for one or two nights it is fine.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
M
Whole place smelled like cigarettes. Only other guests we ran into were drunk kids going in and out of hotel room parties. Room had 2 temperature settings: too hot or too cold.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Hotel room and hallway smelled. Staff were nice and price was right.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Howard Johnson is a great hotel. Their food is delcious. The staff is wonderful. The hotel room is comfortable .They have a really gorgeous pool. It is just perfect.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Belinda Chan
"swimming pool was good for family."
It was generally ok. Staff was friendly. Location was good.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"High expectations, somewhat disappointing!"
The rooms were in pretty good condition. The exterior was terrible. It almost looked abandon. The lighting on the outside was horrible. Parking lots to dark in the evening. Hallways dreary. The reasturant was nice, waiter very accommodating. Definitely needs some work done. Whatever air freshner is being used should be changed. No elevator, terrible!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014