All hotels in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1450 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, 17015, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.7
    2.9
    2.9
    2.3
"Never again"
It was dirty and smelled like animals, bathroom definitely needs updating
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
They room smelled like cigarette smoke and the wall paper was stained with tobacco. The minute we turned on our air conditioner in the room it just smelled like smoke all on the room and management would not give us another room
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
Juli
Great ............ very friendly
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Lee
"Disappoint PA Visit."
Hotel smelled. AC did not work and when I brought it to the staff's attention all I got we're excuses. I was finally relocated to another when I asked for a refund so I could go to another hotel. You need to adjust your star rating from two stars to 1/2 star.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"The staff was very warm ad friendly."
I was very impressed with this motel after previously staying at more expensive motels. I most certainly got my money's worth, and will definitely recommend it to friends.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Dale
"right off the turnpike and close to restaurants"
it was clean and the staff was extremely efficient with checking in and out.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
Robin
"maintenance an issue"
The toilet was broken, never fixed it. The sink sprayed water everywhere when you used it. Registered for 3 people, only ever gave us 2 towels. Room key stopped working.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"For the price, it was what we expected."
The first thing my wife and I noticed was a slight odor in the room which after we were in the room for a short time went away until you left and came back. The public restroom by the receptionist desk was without paper towels and toilet paper. What they considered a continental breakfast was bagels and waffles, which they ran out of early. And we had to ask for more paper plates both mornings we were there. Considering the cost of the room and what little time we were spending there, we knew it was going to be a room for us to sleep. No extras. Even so, we would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Run down and falling apart"
This hotel had wallpaper falling of the wall, holes in the tile bathrooms, each bathroom nosel seemed to spray all over the place when you turned on the faucet. There were little to no breakfast food choices with poor quality food that was even there. The ice machine on our floor was broken, there were mattresses on the ground outside around the trash bins that hadn't been taken out in awhile. I felt dirty just walking through the hallways. The only reason we stayed is because all the other hotels were booked or too spendy for us on a holiday weekend. I will not go back to this hotel.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Becky
"Car Show Stay"
We just needed a clean place to sleep, without all the extras like a spa. The cost was low compared the other places nearby.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
Chief
"Ford nationals hotel experience"
This hotel has much to be desired. While the staff was friendly and helpful; the rooms and overall condition of the motel needs updating and repair . There is a musty odor throughout and everything is worn and old . The towels are thin and flimsy . We did not even get replenished supplies of soap etc . On our 2nd night . This is a family run business who hopefully will realize they need to make repairs and have basic comforts for their guests .
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2013
Rose and Robert
"AWESOME"
staff there was absoulutly incredible so very nice and accomadating and friendly would deff stay again
3 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2013
KIM
"No feeling of safety"
Would not ever stay again, but the guy at the desk was nice!
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"Good Price; Needs updated, but not bad"
Good price for the room and all it included, however some of the exterior and carpeting in the hallways could use with a major overhaul. The staff is nice and the hotel rooms themselves are very clean. I would stay here again if in the area.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"A solid pit stop"
PROS: Room was clean, extremely quiet, very convenient to interstate, nice front desk people. CONS: Musty smell when first entering, couldn't get the room cool even on a very chilly night, had to go an exit farther to find a dinner place. Overall, not bad for just a room. If it ever gets full Red Roof upgrade it will probably be much better. Rooms don't really look like rest of chain yet. Feels like an old road motel that was once nice but outdated now.
1 night business trip May 24, 2013
"Hotel condition"
The room was clean and had clean sheets, towels, however the hotel itself was in poor shap, the plants were dying in the hallways, the walls were dirty and the carpet needed cleaning terribly, the grounds looked like the facility was left to decay. The breakfast offered was simple but adequate however the counter was dirty and not tidy. This was not acceptable.
3 night business trip May 15, 2013
"Very Satisfied, Would stay in the Carlise location"
Clean, Staff cordial, room clean
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Jacqui
"Odd and uncomfortable experience"
Was told that all 1st flr rms were fullc. Parked in a nearly empty lot, & entered (@ 11:15 pm) through a door that was supposed to be locked @ 11 p.m. (and wasn't), saw a note on the door to the 1st flr, asking for patience during remodeling--from all appearances, both inside & out, there were NO rms occupied on the 1st flr. On 2nd flr found stairwell door--bearing a note saying that, for fire safety, door was to remain closed @ all times--open w/a doorstop, & so it remained thru my checkout the next day. Room was nice & clean, w/ a comfortable chair/ottoman, but the bed was so unbearably hard that I considered sleeping on the floor instead. When I entered the room, phone was blinking w/ a message, which turned out to be a very old one, & impossible to erase (& stop the big red light from blinking). In addition, the alarm clock would not set; the auto message system finally took my wakeup request, but seemed to think the month was May (it was January) -- & so never went off; a call to the front desk to request a wakeup call was unanswered. Thank goodness for the alarm on my cell phone, or I might have missed the barebones free breakfast: cold cereal, lukewarm coffee, orange juice, & waffles. No yogurt, no fruit, no healthful baked goods or way to toast/warm anything. Truly awful. Even the vending machine was devoid of anything healthful to eat -- hoped for, @ least, some trail mix or a granola bar. This place was not the cheapest room I considered, but it should have been.
1 night trip Jan 8, 2013
ebl
"Helpful hints"
I typically associate the Red Roof as the 2 story inn with the red roof. Everything was clean but worn. If new wall coverings were in place it would help(open seems) The old Quality Inn carpets need to go but iff the common areas didn't smell old it would improve things a lot. I rrealize families, investors need to try and make these old inns work but it didn't seem up to Red Roof I know from traveling. If I knew the dining room old cooking and food smells were gone as well as other common areas I would stay again. Our room was clean and bed was good.
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
Doug
"good for truck drivers"
old hotel needed updating, dark parking lot back entrances
Other trip Nov 11, 2012
"1 Night"
For a 1 night stay it was adequate. Hallways could be kept up nice.
Other trip Oct 16, 2012
very good
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
"ok"
It was ok. Tv was broken when we came in. Only found one bug. Hotel was pretty clean, bathroom clean. Average hotel.
Trip with friends Oct 8, 2012
"Look Elsewhere"
This is a very old dirty un-kept property Stay away
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
"Great hotel for the price!!!!!!"
Very nice hotel. Staff at desk very friendly. Hotel does need to be updated. Also windows need to be cleaned at front door and rooms. But over all very nice and good waffles. I would go back again. Very good price!!!!!
Other trip Sep 24, 2012

This hotel should be condemned . Not worth the money and will not return!
3 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
Charlie
"Close to the Carlislye Car Show"
It was fine. Hotel nothing special. It was near where I needed to be.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"no continental breakfast as advertised"
Overall ok, staff member at desk had no personality and seemed to be bothered by anything we asked him. Room was comfortable and clean.
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"Terrible"
Terrible experience. No continental breakfast. Dirty bed. Dirty bathroom.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Franck
"Never again"
What an awful place! In need of extreme renos. Very dirty hallways. The sheets had cigarette burns and the blankets and pillow cases were stained. The breakfast that was advertised was not available as the dining room was closed. Bad smell of mildew as well. Quite a let down and not recommended to anyone.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
World travellers
"Just OK."
The rooms were just ok, rugs dirty in the halls, seems to be very cold- little heat, no extra blankets. Good contenental breakfast included- good sized room.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
"what a dump"
not to clean have to get your toilet paper glass needs to be renovated not to much for breakfast very very poor
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
rocky

"L HOTEL RED ROOF ETAIT TRES BIEN POUR DORMIR"
BONNE PLACE POUR PAS ETRE TROP LOIN DU SITE DU FAIRGROUN CETTE HOTEL EST OK
Romance trip Jan 30, 2013
2 night business trip Oct 12, 2012
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Red Roof Inn Carlisle

"Dont waste your time or money by staying in this broken down dirty old hotel."
08/27/15 mfancher Fort Lauderdale, Florida
This is a Red Roof Inn that has not been updated in many years. From the moment of check in I was disappointed. Four times the clerk asked for my last name, Then while looking at my drivers license, He asks me my address which he is looking at! He said that there was glare, I suggested that he purchase eyeglasses. The hallway is dingy with soiled old carpets complete with stains. The room was OK, but no flatscreen, semi comfortable bed. Internet sucks, They did not seem to care.
"Rough Place - needs an upgrade"
08/10/15 withkids603 Bedford
I am a big Red Roof fan for travel on the go...but this one needs some help. Old interior hotel that needs a refurb. I am sure they clean it, but it is past cleaning. Beds are also bad...I would not stay here again until it is redone.
"Desk clerk needs charm school"
08/03/15 Francis K Hixson
Stayed in room 104 on June 14, 2015. Broken floor lamp with exposed wires dangling with a burnt out bulb & broken cover; wrong sized toilet seat that was not properly attached; bad desk chair with inoperable height adjustment; and several other lesser annoyances. Desk clerk had the personality of a cardboard cutout - no welcome, no thank you, no how was your stay - and had the nerve to tell me that I was rude. After six weeks no response from either RRI Carlisle of RRI corporate customer service to a three-page letter I sent. I've been a RRI Redi-Card member for years, but I will never stay here again, and would never recommend it.
"Scary, dark, dirty, weird"
07/25/15 HeavyKevy Eagle, PA
Probably the worst hotel I ever stayed. I travel a lot and I travel with my dog. Even the dog was scared. It was dirty, outdated poorly light, no security. I couldn't wait until morning so I could get out the fetal position and get the heck out of there. Seriously ..it was bad!!
"Easy exit for room"
07/24/15 FrogWhizzer_10 Argyle, New York
This is a very basic motel. If you are judging your experience on staying at a more expensive hotel in the past you will be a bit disappointed. As I have said in other reviews, its not the Marriott. ****** This motel is an inside entry****** I felt safe here. We traveled with our Great Dane and she is always welcomed at these motel chains. We were greeted at the desk and we spent $47.00 plus tax. The carpet in the room is MUCH cleaner inside our King room than in the hallway and is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom is large and clean. The bedspread was a bit outdated and the curtains are a bit on the outdated side as well. Our air conditioner works and is not to noisy. We have stayed in smaller rooms this trip but the size of this one is very nice. However.... the TV is something to be desired! Its NOT a flat screen worse yet it has a horrible picture. . It will do for the short stay as it will be for the last leg of our journey. Also have to say ... The WI FI is good. No complaints about that! Bed is fairly comfy as well.
"NOT a Good Experience"
07/20/15 Scooter606 Barton, New York
Stayed for the Chryslers at Carlisle show. First, the landscaping care is non-existent, high grass and shrubbery full of weeds. Room had several disappointing points, the toilet was dirty, the bathroom lighting didn't work. There was mold around the air handler and the window was almost useless as it had a broken seal and was badly fogged! Ice machines ALL out of order. Had doubts about security as our entry door "B" was hanging badly in it's frame. Also, a disgusting pool!
"It'll get the job done...nothing special..."
07/12/15 ObsoleteAutomotive
Stayed here for the Carlisle Chrysler show. The rooms are pretty clean. Service not so great. My toilet was clogged and they failed to fix it. Their lobby restrooms we're all clogged and out of order. Didn't get it fixed until the following day. No extra amenities...ice machine is broken... Like I said... It gets the job done. You get sleep and a shower. No more... No less.
"So much potential, so little effort"
07/12/15 Destinationfeedback
We were greeted by overgrown landscaping and thicket bushes. The price in lobby was much more expensive than on hotels.com. when I told the desk I would book my room online magically matched the price. Upon going to the room the ceiling tiles were missing in the hallway. Insulation was falling out. The room was overwhelmingly hot. Turning on the air led to discovering mold growing under the masking tape placed as a window sill. The ac took well over 2 hours to cool the room down to bearable. We had a very serene view of the pool that was disgusting and not open or maintained. This property could be really nice, but it has been let go.
"The abosolute worst. Ugh."
06/23/15 dancingamanda pittsburgh
I paid extra for the "deluxe" room - which reeked of smoke, had a stained, dirty toilet, mold growing on the ceiling, mold growing on the windowsill, and the hardest, most uncomfortable mattress I have ever experienced. We stayed here because they accept dogs, but we'll never make that mistake again. The doors to the hotel did not lock, so anyone could wander in. So, not only was it gross, but it was terribly unsafe. There was supposedly free wi-fi, but it didn't work. I wrote a complaint to Red Roof Inn, and in response, I received the most incoherent gibberish of a reply I ever received. I am baffled that this place is still in business, and that anyone gave anything higher than a 1-star review.
"Stay far far away"
06/10/15 Carol K Milford, Pennsylvania
Nothing but lies. No continental breakfast, sloooow or no wifi, empty/neglected pool, no water pressure for showers in morning(my wife had to sponge bathe), dirty toilets. Access doors & fire doors all left open, dining room closed. NO OWNER/MANAGER to talk to ever, Andrew is always UNAVAILABLE. Worst hotel experience in Carlisle area ever. We have been going to Carlisle for years and never had this bad of an experience. There were 7 other people in lobby with complaints but nothing can be done says clerk, tells you to talk to Andrew. Oh, and they won't print or tell you your charges when you check out. Good luck if you stay here!