All hotels in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1450 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA, 17015, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.6
    2.8
    2.8
    2.3
There was no quality continental breakfast. We didn't bother.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Hotel needs some updating"
Hotel was a little worn here and there rugs in halls worn. Bathtub floor flexes. Smell when AC ran I shut it off smell decreased but maid turned it on when I returned to the room it smelled moldy. I heard that Red Roof updated their hotels must of missed this one.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
RAY
"OK for the price"
Hotel is okay, but the carpets are awful, not just in the rooms but in the dining area, halls,everywhere. The AC caused the carpet in our room to get soaked, causing a musty damp odor all night. The breakfast was mediocre- cereal, juice,coffee. But that was all we really needed. Very convenient area because of the restaurants nearby.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"one night stay on our way to Syracuse New York"
We thought we would try a "less expensive" hotel on this trip. When we arrived, no one was at the desk and the sign said "be back in 5 minutes". Someone showed up 15 minutes later and made no excuses and just didn't care. There were 3 people standing there waiting. He never even said hello to anyone of us. We got our room and I'm sorry to say it smelled of food. We put the air on high and just had to leave it one like that. When we walked down the hall, the entire floor smelled just as bad. I was going to ask for another room, but when I stopped in one, it also smelled. The next morning, the "continental breakfast" was terrible and the room was dirty. We got coffee and watched several guests come in, shake their heads and then say they were going to Dunkin Donuts, as we also did. We understood up front that this was not an A rated hotel, but expected a nicer experience. I really dislike being so negative, however, if I had read an honest review like this, we would not have stayed there. Also, just to add, there were no other rooms available around the area, as we checked. 2 teenagers were at the desk inquiring about the putt putt in front and were told that it was too late to play, as they don't turn on the lights. It was 5:30pm!
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Lynda
"was ok for the price"
for the price it was ok. it was not very clean.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Close to the fair ground."
It looked a lot nicer on the Internet than what it was. The bathroom was dirty. Went for breakfast nothing was filled. We turned around and went to a restraunt to eat. We was very disappointed . Staff was not friendly. I know we won't stay at another Red Roof Inn.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Don't bring the wife for the special rate"
The room was clean . The staff was Professional. The room was in need of a upgrade. Bathroom was clean shower stall was new. My son and I went to a Carlisle event . It was close to the Carlisle fair grounds , close to the interstate , and near a bunch of restaurants. Just ask for the newly renovated rooms. My son and I were just fine. If I was with my wife it wouldn't have been a good weekend.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"Never again"
It was dirty and smelled like animals, bathroom definitely needs updating
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
They room smelled like cigarette smoke and the wall paper was stained with tobacco. The minute we turned on our air conditioner in the room it just smelled like smoke all on the room and management would not give us another room
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
Juli
Great ............ very friendly
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Lee
"Disappoint PA Visit."
Hotel smelled. AC did not work and when I brought it to the staff's attention all I got we're excuses. I was finally relocated to another when I asked for a refund so I could go to another hotel. You need to adjust your star rating from two stars to 1/2 star.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"The staff was very warm ad friendly."
I was very impressed with this motel after previously staying at more expensive motels. I most certainly got my money's worth, and will definitely recommend it to friends.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Dale
"right off the turnpike and close to restaurants"
it was clean and the staff was extremely efficient with checking in and out.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
Robin
"maintenance an issue"
The toilet was broken, never fixed it. The sink sprayed water everywhere when you used it. Registered for 3 people, only ever gave us 2 towels. Room key stopped working.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"For the price, it was what we expected."
The first thing my wife and I noticed was a slight odor in the room which after we were in the room for a short time went away until you left and came back. The public restroom by the receptionist desk was without paper towels and toilet paper. What they considered a continental breakfast was bagels and waffles, which they ran out of early. And we had to ask for more paper plates both mornings we were there. Considering the cost of the room and what little time we were spending there, we knew it was going to be a room for us to sleep. No extras. Even so, we would stay there again.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Run down and falling apart"
This hotel had wallpaper falling of the wall, holes in the tile bathrooms, each bathroom nosel seemed to spray all over the place when you turned on the faucet. There were little to no breakfast food choices with poor quality food that was even there. The ice machine on our floor was broken, there were mattresses on the ground outside around the trash bins that hadn't been taken out in awhile. I felt dirty just walking through the hallways. The only reason we stayed is because all the other hotels were booked or too spendy for us on a holiday weekend. I will not go back to this hotel.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Becky
"Car Show Stay"
We just needed a clean place to sleep, without all the extras like a spa. The cost was low compared the other places nearby.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
Chief
"Ford nationals hotel experience"
This hotel has much to be desired. While the staff was friendly and helpful; the rooms and overall condition of the motel needs updating and repair . There is a musty odor throughout and everything is worn and old . The towels are thin and flimsy . We did not even get replenished supplies of soap etc . On our 2nd night . This is a family run business who hopefully will realize they need to make repairs and have basic comforts for their guests .
2 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2013
Rose and Robert
"AWESOME"
staff there was absoulutly incredible so very nice and accomadating and friendly would deff stay again
3 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2013
KIM
"No feeling of safety"
Would not ever stay again, but the guy at the desk was nice!
1 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"Good Price; Needs updated, but not bad"
Good price for the room and all it included, however some of the exterior and carpeting in the hallways could use with a major overhaul. The staff is nice and the hotel rooms themselves are very clean. I would stay here again if in the area.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"A solid pit stop"
PROS: Room was clean, extremely quiet, very convenient to interstate, nice front desk people. CONS: Musty smell when first entering, couldn't get the room cool even on a very chilly night, had to go an exit farther to find a dinner place. Overall, not bad for just a room. If it ever gets full Red Roof upgrade it will probably be much better. Rooms don't really look like rest of chain yet. Feels like an old road motel that was once nice but outdated now.
1 night business trip May 24, 2013
"Hotel condition"
The room was clean and had clean sheets, towels, however the hotel itself was in poor shap, the plants were dying in the hallways, the walls were dirty and the carpet needed cleaning terribly, the grounds looked like the facility was left to decay. The breakfast offered was simple but adequate however the counter was dirty and not tidy. This was not acceptable.
3 night business trip May 15, 2013
"Very Satisfied, Would stay in the Carlise location"
Clean, Staff cordial, room clean
1 night trip May 3, 2013
Jacqui

This hotel should be condemned . Not worth the money and will not return!
3 night trip with friends Jul 9, 2015
Charlie
"Close to the Carlislye Car Show"
It was fine. Hotel nothing special. It was near where I needed to be.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"no continental breakfast as advertised"
Overall ok, staff member at desk had no personality and seemed to be bothered by anything we asked him. Room was comfortable and clean.
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"Terrible"
Terrible experience. No continental breakfast. Dirty bed. Dirty bathroom.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Franck
"Never again"
What an awful place! In need of extreme renos. Very dirty hallways. The sheets had cigarette burns and the blankets and pillow cases were stained. The breakfast that was advertised was not available as the dining room was closed. Bad smell of mildew as well. Quite a let down and not recommended to anyone.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
World travellers
"Just OK."
The rooms were just ok, rugs dirty in the halls, seems to be very cold- little heat, no extra blankets. Good contenental breakfast included- good sized room.
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
"what a dump"
not to clean have to get your toilet paper glass needs to be renovated not to much for breakfast very very poor
3 night trip Oct 2, 2013
rocky

"L HOTEL RED ROOF ETAIT TRES BIEN POUR DORMIR"
BONNE PLACE POUR PAS ETRE TROP LOIN DU SITE DU FAIRGROUN CETTE HOTEL EST OK
Other trip May 31, 2013
Gari
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Red Roof Inn Carlisle

"Clean! Short stay but was good,"
01/14/16 wildfirebengals NC
I had just a quick overnight stay while traveling to another city. They were very accomadating and gave me a room close to the door...easy in and easy out! Best part...soft pillows and comfortable bed. Room was updated and clean. The breakfast was a disappointment compared to other Red Roofs. Limited selections....mainly carbohydrates. However...for a quick stay it was well worth the price.
"Horrible x 10"
10/08/15 Jaeski23 Livonia, Michigan
Upon entering our room we noticed our drapes hanging off the wall, unable to be closed. In the bathroom we found mold in the toilet. Then we turned on the bedside lamp because its so dark in the rooms and found spider webs with spiders on the PILLOWS! Thank goodness our son hadn't climbed up on the bed already. We grabbed our stuff and left. Front desk wanted to give us another room but no thank you. How long have these rooms been vacant in a supposedly booked hotel. GROSS!
"Mildew city"
09/27/15 Q4625LVkevind Atlanta, Georgia
by mistake I have stayed here twice. Each time it took a half an hour to check in with clueless desk help unable to run a credit card. Totally 1960 rooms with mildew smells, a greenish crt TV . Creepy Bates motel ambiance . No wonder there was only two or three cars in probably 100 room hotel. I advise to to head down the road.
"Room Very Nice"
09/08/15 marfita Greenwood, South Carolina
This motel was very close to the highway. Despite the holiday weekend, it looked empty, but it was a surprisingly good stay. The hallway carpet could use cleaning or replacing, but the room itself was scrupulously clean and updated. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was inexpensive and there was no breakfast, but just down the road was a Waffle House. It seems as though there was only one person working there and never at the desk. You had to ring the bell or call a number to be waited on. While both those options worked, that was disconcerting. Good value for money.
"MS"
09/05/15 Sally G
I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn and don't intend to ever again. Stained, dirty carpeting, cockroaches over 1 1/4", dining room not opened, did not dare to walk in bare feet in bathroom or bedroom. No ice machine.Paid over $130, excluding tax, but few options at that time in Carlisle. No recourse in the morning as attendant did not have any authority. Corporate has no quality control, read other reviews at other Red Roof Inn facilities.
"Reminds Us of a Pair of Worn Out Shoes"
09/04/15 Sherry Y Westmont, Illinois
This hotel needs a lot of repairs. The carpet is totally worn out and room smelled very musty. You had to get ice from the desk clerk and he/she would only fill your ice bucket up one time. Two out of the 3 bathrooms in lobby were out of order. No breakfast items of any kind, so dining room always closed. Don't operate miniature golf, so it is all overgrown. No money is being spent to keep property nice and clean and that's a shame; it has potential, but I won't be telling anyone to go there, even if they're desperate for a place to stay. Red Roof is getting a bad name due to this one.
"Unbelieveable"
09/03/15 dcxpl San Antonio, Texas
Hard to believe that the amount of corporate staff available are unaware of this crap property which represents their brand very poorly. This place was disgusting, everything was dirty and smelled. This building should be condemned and no one cares.
"Dont waste your time or money by staying in this broken down dirty old hotel."
08/27/15 mfancher Fort Lauderdale, Florida
This is a Red Roof Inn that has not been updated in many years. From the moment of check in I was disappointed. Four times the clerk asked for my last name, Then while looking at my drivers license, He asks me my address which he is looking at! He said that there was glare, I suggested that he purchase eyeglasses. The hallway is dingy with soiled old carpets complete with stains. The room was OK, but no flatscreen, semi comfortable bed. Internet sucks, They did not seem to care.
"Rough Place - needs an upgrade"
08/09/15 withkids603 Bedford
I am a big Red Roof fan for travel on the go...but this one needs some help. Old interior hotel that needs a refurb. I am sure they clean it, but it is past cleaning. Beds are also bad...I would not stay here again until it is redone.
"Desk clerk needs charm school"
08/03/15 Francis K Hixson
Stayed in room 104 on June 14, 2015. Broken floor lamp with exposed wires dangling with a burnt out bulb & broken cover; wrong sized toilet seat that was not properly attached; bad desk chair with inoperable height adjustment; and several other lesser annoyances. Desk clerk had the personality of a cardboard cutout - no welcome, no thank you, no how was your stay - and had the nerve to tell me that I was rude. After six weeks no response from either RRI Carlisle of RRI corporate customer service to a three-page letter I sent. I've been a RRI Redi-Card member for years, but I will never stay here again, and would never recommend it.