All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here100 Lytton Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"weekend trip"
This hotel was in the perfect location for walking around Pitt's campus. As an alumni, I am familiar with the area but still enjoyed the close proximity to everything we wanted to see. Our room was clean, staff was friendly, parking was easy, and I felt safe coming and going at different times of the day and night.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Christine
Helpful staff. Check in was seamless and I recommend the overall experience.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Mixed Bag Accommodation"
Strong glare of street lights throughout night hours, no blackout drapes. Incorrect billings to credit card: parking fees erroneously charged; breakfast fee billed was $10 higher than on table check.
2 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2014
Glenn
"Good hotel near university district."
The Wyndham provided an above average room (when compared with other business traveler type hotels). It was a lot less resort like than I though it would be. The room was clean and comfortable and they provided two free bottles of water and free wifi. I would have preferred some form of complimentary breakfast but they do have a decent restaurant attached. If you need to be near Carnegie Mellon or the University of Pittsburgh I would recommend this place.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good hotel for university"
Good value for money. Friendly staff. Parking expensive but on par for area. No good restuarants within short walk but plenty within 10 min drive
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
LDV
"A great, first-night stay"
We stayed here the first night after our wedding. Jenna at the front desk was especially friendly and helpful, and she made us feel very welcome. Our executive floor room was comfortable and spotless, and we liked the large, walk-in shower. The central Oakland location was perfect for us. We'd definitely stay there again and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Oakland.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Will
"Great hotel on Pitt campus"
Love the staff, restaurant, room, and cleanliness. The beds were uncomfortable though. Maybe they can buy the heavenly beds from the Westin!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Pitt parent
"Wonderful weekend"
I could not have been more pleased with my stay at this hotel. The location was central to everything I wanted to do and the staff went out of their way to help me with anyhing I needed. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Sandra H
"PLEASANT"
My first impression was not the best the check in person was not at all friendly however it was a pretty and clean place to stay. I found the room to be clean, well stocked, but dark lighting was inadequate to apply makeup and see how you looked. The maid service we had was excellent,very friendly and always smiling. The food we had at the hotel was also very good.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Female
"Great location (near Pitt and CMU) but otherwise.."
My room was not as expected; they had other rooms but gave me a handicapped accessible. I could not hang up my clothes! The room was not clean and the restroom had a funny odor. The next morning it turned out there was a coffee maker and no cups. When I expressed all of these things to the front desk, they were completely not concerned. I also never received a survey from the hotel so could not express this to them.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Lynne
"Nice place to stay- close to many sights to see!"
Nice place, clean and close to shops, food, sights - I'm the heart of the University.
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Location and room were great. Condition of the hotel was just okay. It is a little old and in need of a face-lift.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Ned
"Perfect Location for University Visit"
This is a very nice property. Very convenient for the University of Pittsburgh. Easy for parking or walking. Nice rooms. Nice looking restaurant although I didn't eat there. Friendly staff. All-in-all an excellent stay.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Alex vR
"Hotel Convenient to UPitt."
We selected the Wyndham for its proximity to UPitt. Checkin was quick and efficient, luggage dollies were available, and parking (for an additional fee) was convenient. The room was quiet and temperature control was good. The room amenities were spartan for the rate charged. The parking fee is atrociously high for a hotel guest.Checkout staff was warm and friendly.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
J
This hotel was close to the event we were in Pittsburg for: a play at the PICT. The staff was very helpful in giving directions. Our room was lovely and our breakfast delicious.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"Very accommodating staff"
Super friendly staff, allowed me to check in early, everyone was super friendly and helpful from cleaning staff, restaurant staff and front desk. The walls of the rooms are thin, so if you don't mind what your neighbor is watching on TV... Very quiet neighborhood, lots nearby which is good because the food selection at the restaurant, while very tasty, isn't broad. Highly recommend.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
"Very ordinary"
Rooms were dismal -- lighting is very poor, especially in the bathroom, The room and bathroom smelled stale. Staff were generally courteous. The restaurant is overpriced. The location is great if you want to be close to the University.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Worth it all for the convenience"
Can't beat the walk to anywhere at UPitt! Expensive - especially with extras for parking, meals, etc.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Excellent location"
This trip was to drop my daughter off at University of Pittsburgh. The hotel location is ideal for university of Pittsburgh. We were able to park our vehicle and walk our entire stay becuase just about everything is in close proximity to the hotel. We took the bus to Water Front shopping center to do some last minute school shoping for my for daughter. All in all we were very satisfied with our stay at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center. We will definitely stay there again, each time we visit our daughter; unfortunately they are all booked up for Parent weekend on 9/19 thru 9/21.
3 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Janet
"Nice hotel close to Pitt and Carnegie Mellon"
Overall experience was good. Staff was helpful and nice. Facilities were good and room was clean and comfortable. The only issues we had were that the faucet leaked in the shower and the cloth shower curtain smelled of mildew.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
"Best place to stay close to Pitt"
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly, service excellent, and food great. What else matters?
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Tom Ashmore
"Not really a Wyndham"
Decent hotel. But not what I expect of a Wyndham. Rooms were nice, but there is no bell service and the expensive parking is in a seedy garage. I've gotten much more for less in Pitt lately. The friendly front-desk staff did all they could to make up for my disappointment, but they couldn't turn their hotel into a Wyndham with just the name on the side of the building.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2014
Sam
"Best location for University of Pittsburgh."
Location is what you're paying for, in the middle of Pitt campus.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"The building is great, but services are lacking."
Room rates are high so parking & breakfast should be included, and there should always be coffee, lemon water (something) offered 24/7 in the lobby. Hampton inns are nicer overall because of that. Location is really the only reason to book here over anywhere else in the city - if you have a kid at Pitt!
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
Greger
"Business in Pgh"
I usually stay at the Priory every week, but I was unable to get a room there because of the Pirate game.....good experience and I would consider staying again but I refuse to pay $20 to park over nite..just my opinion.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
susang
"Right on PITT campus"
Restaurant was okay but lacked any casual meal foods. Rooms are noisy with sounds from up and ddown the hall heard all nigh long.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Vey Nice"
Stayed here for a family wedding we were going to. Other than the fact that there were 3 wedding parties booked at this hotel for the same weekend and all 3 of thier guests showed up Friday at the same time......It was great. Rooms were clean, bar/rest food was good, people were very nice. Only complaint, I wish they had more people working the front desk at check-in time. Might be rare that there were 3 different wedding parties, but they knew how many people were checking in that day. Waited half hour in line then to find out my room wasn't ready, then waited another 45mins. Other than that, the stay was GREAT.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
QueyWC
The hotel needs a refresh. The front desk service needs to improve: it is quite annoying for a hotel guest who pays close to $200/night to wait in line for 35 minutes to check-in
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, had plenty of desk, table and counter space. Fitness room and pool were ok. Hotel restaurant was very pricey.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Location, location, location"
Great location for visiting Pitt and Carnige. Mellon. Lousy location for much else. Could walk to college friendly restaurants. Parking was easy, but the garage was dingey, in poor repair, and down right scary at night. Room was clean and comfortable, sparse, small TV. Pretty good wi-fi, could stream netflix! Excercise facilities were small, cramped (had to ask man on elliptical next to tread mill to stop so I could squeeze between machines.) Restroom on ground floor, near exercise facility, was locked! Pretty pricey for what it was.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Rebecca
"Great except for noise in the hall"
A very nice room, nice toiletries. good breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. We checked in late so got a room RIGHT by the elevators, and what do you know, three times in the night we were woken up by people outside saying hearty goodbyes to friends or colleagues. (Twice the same gentleman, saying "Well, see you later!" - though whoever he said it to was thoughtfully QUIET.) This did spoil our enjoyment of everything else.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"College visit to Pitt"
Extremely convenient to Admissions building, lower campus and Univ of Pitt in general. If you don't mind expense of it ( you have to pay $20 to park and there's no free breakfast) I highly recommend it for the college tour and Open Houses they hold for the Univ.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
"Worst Service Ever!"
I got to the hotel at 11 pm after taking a late flight into town. They informed me that despite having a confirmed reservation, there were no rooms available and that I would have to stay that the Wyndham downtown and they would send a shuttle to pick me up in the morning. As I was walking out, another guest checked in and was given a room. The next morning I called for the shuttle and they said it would be 10 minutes. After waiting 20 minutes I called back and they said the driver did not want to drive downtown in traffic so he was not coming. Unbelievable!
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
"College visit"
We were visiting Pitt for a college weekend tour. The hotel was perfectly located. Everything is within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel itself was a little pricy- but you are paying for the location so it was worth it. I also thought the hotel was a little on the old side but it wasn't like it was falling appart around me. The room was clean, but we only got 3 towels for the 4 of us staying there and no extra blanket for my picky teen, but we were only there one night and hardly in the room, so we made due. The hotel staff was very nice as well!
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
AL
"Close to Pitt"
The front desk staff was NOT helpful with directions or information about the city. It was very convenient for our visit to the University of Pittsburg.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Perfect for Pitt visit"
Went on a prospective student visit to Pitt. Selected it because of the location and it was better than I thought. Alumni Hall, where the information session was held, was literally next door to the hotel. Couldn't have asked for a better spot. They also let us leave our car in their lot while we toured even though we had already checked out. We aren't overly picky, but found our room clean, comfortable and had no complaints. Worked out great for us. Only negative was the service in the restaurant for dinner was a little slow but the servers were very nice.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
I arrived at the hotel around 1am, They told me the hotel was sold out and they moved me to another hotel. No email or phone call to let me know that my reservation would not be honored. I specifically booked this hotel because of location.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
The biggest problem was that it was obvious that our bathroom was not cleaned even though we were checked in. The staff did clean it for us right away but it was gross
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Newly renovated, great location in Downtown"
The hotel was convenient, the lobby, hallways and room newly renovated. The HVAC system was quiet, the shower was hot and had plenty of water pressure. We didn't use the pool or eat at the restaurant. This is our second stay at the hotel and one thing we learned the first time is that to save the $20 per night parking fee you could park on the street adjacent to the hotel for free from 8pm until 8am. We parked under a street lamp to decrease the likelihood of vandalism, although I doubt that was necessary.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Not worth the price"
The hotel staff was helpful and pleasant. The location is convenient but the overall hotel was average and not worth $283/nt. Some other guests on our floor were loud and could be heard easily through the door coming and going until early morning. The room itself was fine although the bed was not very comfortable. Both my husband and I woke up with achy lower backs.
Angie
IT's a nice hotel. Only one problem. You have to take up the door handle to open door,not take it down like other hotels. In the beginning I tried many times and failed. After talking with hotel front dest representative, I knew how to open the door.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Disappointing Stay"
I booked our room in January, roughly 6 months in advance of our trip. We came to Pittsburgh for the 4th of July weekend to explore the city and see two Pirates games. On Friday the 4th, we arrived in the city later than expected and had to check in after the game and fireworks. We called the hotel well in advance to notify them that we would not be able to check in until later in the evening. Upon checking in, we were informed that the hotel was overbooked and that the only option available was a room with a king, even though we originally booked a double. Usually not a problem when a couple travels together, but I was traveling with a friend and we did not want to sleep in the same bed, hence originally booking the double. So they comped us parking and brought in a roll-away bed, which was not ideal given that we had booked a double 6 months before. Overall, the room was adequate, minus the five giant pubic hairs on the floor of the shower... Long story short, I am going to avoid staying here in the future.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
everything was fine, except that the pool was out of service our whole time there. also one of the elevators was out of service which made it incovenent with all of the guest. Parking at this hotel is really a nightmare and when you have to pay $20. a day it should be a little easier.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
tina thompson
"Unorganized"
Hotel called and said my room was canceled due to problems at the hotel. They never did explain what went wrong. After an hour and a half on the phone they told me it was a mistake and all was good. Very poor customer service. Would not recommend to anyone.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"visit to Pitt"
Nice revamping of rooms
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"Convenient to Pitt"
The hotel is right on the Pitt campus, on the same block as the admissions office, so convenient for a college visit. The staff is willing and friendly. Room service breakfast was delivered on time and was decent. The facility itself is well maintained but dated. The HVAC in our room was very loud, and the thermostat did not work. Maintenance couldn't fix it, requiring us to use the wall unit controls and keep it on all night (it was 90 degrees outside the day we stayed). Not a great hotel, but the staff tries and it is an ideal location for visiting Pitt.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Good location, just okay hotel"
The location is ideal if you are visiting PItt. My room was clean and big but the air conditioner was very loud. I paid extra for the executive floor. Big mistake. The free breakfast was not very good. The evening happy hour was also disappointing. The only thing I got was some bottled water and coffee so I would not pay extra if I stay there again. Parking is expensive but I think it is on par with other downtown hotels.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Pittparent
The hotel was 1/2 block away from where our daughter was graduating. Very clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"great location, good price, would stay again"
This was the perfect low cost (relatively) hotel for our vacation. It had a pool, was right by the museums and phipps conservatory and pretty close to the zoo. It had easy and available parking and the room was fine.
3 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
"Convenient to Pitt"
This hotel is very convenient to the University of Pittsburgh and surrounding neighborhood. I like the fact that parking is not valet--you get your own car and come and go as needed without waiting or tipping. The air conditioning in the room was sluggish. When it was on the room was freezing and noisy, but when it was off the room was very stuffy. Despite this problem, I would stay again, just because the place is so convenient.
3 night family trip Jun 13, 2014