All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America
5513 Milan Road, Sandusky, OH, 44870, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Our stay was OK the rooms needed some minor maintenance. There where cob webs on our bathroom ceiling but nothing major. The indoor water park was nice. If your looking for a 5 star hotel experience this one is not for you.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
The room was nice. Our main problem was that they took our towels the first day without giving us new ones. They also did not make the beds, although that was not a problem for me. The water park slides were working fine.
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Gregory
I travel for a living and spend about 3 nights a week in a hotel and this was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We left after 1 night and went somewhere else
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Josh
"Not the best place I've been to."
We took an extended weekend vacation as a family. We chose this hotel because we had the grandchildren so the indoor water park was the main attraction. The water park seemed nice, all the kids playing in it were enjoying it. The cleanliness of the area was not very good though, the changing rooms smelled of urine. The hotel itself is a bit neglected looking, the staff was nice but seemed a bit edgy. The room was decent but the carpet was frayed and stained, should have been replaced years ago. The bed was a bit too hard for me. The parking was inadequate. This could be a great place if the owners were to invest in it a little, clean it up, do some repairs and care a little more.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Do not recommend"
It was not as I expected. The front desk was like you are staying for free no smile some attitude.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
ibrahim
"Great family vacation !"
Everything was awesome!
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Lori
"It's not what it use to be"
My family and I stayed at the Maui Sands when they first open and really like the hotel but now it looks old and a little run down
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
robert
"Average rating"
We stayed here for one night and it was a nice option instead of going to one of the huge, expensive water parks, but it was not as clean as those places. My daughter also got hot tub folliculitis because of the bacteria in the hot tub water. It does not have a free continental breakfast, which was a downside!!!
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Better"
Nice food but room carpet very old.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Johnson
"HEALTH DEPARTMENT NIGHTMARE!"
My family & I had 3 family suites (w/ bunk beds [sleeps 6]) reserved at Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark for 2 nights stay. Check-in through check outs were horrible! The ladies need to be retrained on customer service! If you stay more than 1 night and expect your room be cleaned – DON’T! Housekeeping only emptied the garbage & replaced the dirty towels from the bathroom with fresh towels (only 4 sets instead of 6 sets for family suites!). Rooms WEREN’T vacuumed, bathrooms/toilets weren’t cleaned and beds weren’t made! The waterparks towels were always out & couldn’t keep up with the demand. There were no available shower rooms for rinsing. Only the rest rooms w/ 2 stalls were available for changing clothes. They even have LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY WEARING SHOES & SOCKS! I have never seen a lifeguard wearing shoes & socks before! (Wish I could attach proofs in this review)! This resort is THE WORST, MOST HORRIBLE RESORT I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! The nightly rate we all paid for each room is NOT WORTH IT! This resort would be better off charging a budget rate of $30! Needless to say, I observed many customers complaining at the desk during our check in/check out process and sometime in between our stays. THIS WILL DEFINITELY BE OUR FIRST AND LAST TIME WE WILL EVER STAY AT THIS RESORT! If there is an available rating below 1, I would definitely give it a (-) rating. This resort is a JOKE! The Health Department should inspect this place more frequently!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
May
"Never Again"
My family and I stayed here 2+ years ago and had a great time which is why I re-booked this hotel for our recent visit. Never again will I stay at this hotel. To start with, the overall hotel shows a severe lack of maintenance. Our room was on the 2nd floor in the back building which does not have an elevator. I don’t have a problem with stairs but trying to get luggage up and down is a bit trying. The corridor was dirty and smelled foul. The ceiling tiles were stained and a few were missing. There was the same litter in the stairwell for the entire 3 days that we were there. The carpet in our room had numerous stains and looked generally worn and filthy. The bathroom was also not clean when we checked in. We complained and they did send up the housekeeper to clean it however there were spots in the corners that were never cleaned. One of the lamp shades in our room was almost torn in half and the “free Wi-Fi” that they advertise never worked while we were there. We stopped at the front desk and asked them to send up more towels. They asked us to take them back to our room. I declined to do that as we were heading out at that moment and subsequently we never received any more towels. The towels that we did have were worn and frayed. The waterpark area was in better shape than the rest of the hotel and the beds were fairly comfortable and appeared clean. The area is great but there are much better hotel options very close by.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Dana
A nice place to stay with a great indoor water park. It is close to shopping,restaurants and cedar point.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
erin
Room had a nasty smell and the carpet was all torn up. Hotel worn down, would never stay there again!
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
allyson
The furniture could be updated. Room was very clean. Beds somewhat hard. Good for family with kids on a budget. Overall a comfortable stay.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Jodi
"needs some upkeep"
a good sleep, but basically, the hotel needs some caring for, i.e. potholes, stains on carpet, lights need repair, etc.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"AWFUL"
Terrible hotel - like a maze that you can't find your way through. Room did not get made up, not enough bathroom towels. Floors in room and hallways where filthy. One person arrested for indecent behavior while there. Would not stay again!
Jeffrey
Carpet in room was stained and gross. Rooms seemed a little small. Bathroom was TINY!! There was barely room to close door once inside. Other than these few things it was not too bad.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice place for a weekend getaway."
The weekend was very nice. We were in town for a softball tournament. The only negative things I can say was that the elevator was out of service part of the time and so was the ice machine on our floor. The room was clean as was the hotel and the kids really enjoyed the water park. I would stay in this hotel again.
Kerry
"Nice Stay"
The hotel was nice but a little 'tired'. Room was nice size for families, but my sons were too tall for the bunk beds, which were smaller than a twin. For families with kids under 6ft it would be perfect. Very nice set up for a family! The room was tired with frayed carpeting, but nice & mostly clean. The water park was nice, the lazy river was long, hottub was big, but could have used adult only time or section. Water slides were fun, 2 body slides & 2 with tubes. Our biggest problem was wifi. We didn't get signal in the room, but did in the hall & lobby. Repeated requests to the front desk for help with this resulted with a total lack of understanding on their part. They said if I could not get it in my room it must be out for the whole hotel, or its not their fault & IT would have to look at it in the morning, or they just didn't know. To avoid frustration, I just used laptop in the restaurant. If you are trying to decide between here or Great Wolf (as I was), it's kind of a toss up. I liked Great Wolf waterpark better when I stayed there a few years ago. Room set ups are similar. Maybe better slides here, but more amenities at Great Wolf with more than one hot tub, and one was adult only (no splashing children). The decorations at Great Wolf are a little more detailed & elaborate. So while its a toss up and I would not avoid Maui Sands, I would slightly prefer Great Wolf.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Sandusky Rocks"
It was a nice place to stay. There was some partying in parking lot. Had I not had children I would not have minded. It did not get out of context by any means. I would and will stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Rundown"
The hotel was rundown the rooms were filthy and the staff was rude. The wall paper was falling off the walls. The place is in dire need of a face lift. If the room was not pre paid we would have left.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Not worth the money."
Room was not very clean. Only part of water park was in working condition.
loren
"Not worth the price!"
Large slides were down and hotel did not inform us as we picked up our wristbands. Had to go into water area to find out - all staff could say as I asked why they didn't tell us was "oh sorry". several showers taken during the entire stay - Luke warm water at best and very very noisy bathroom fan- all of which hotel staff had no comment on.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Waterpark? Are you kidding?"
Are you kidding? Got there the slides were (all )down...So I asked an employee were the Adults area was...All the way around...Got there, The adult area was closed..Been that way for a month the Employee at the Desk said...Really funny!!! no balcony...? 4 adults and a Lazy River.. Wont be back ever!!
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Donnaleigh
"So So"
The hotel is very hot! Once the air in the room was turned on it stayed cool. It would have been nice if the slides were properly working.
Alicia
"Will not stay again"
3 Slides were not working because a bannister had not been fixed for a few days. Carpet and bedding dirty. Hallway carpet dirty and looked like it had not be swept. Fixing slides should have been a priority -- weekend guests like us were not happy to pay full amount and not have the waterpark working.
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!"
This place did not have great reviews but I thought how bad could it be? I was terrible and I mean gross. Lets start with the water park, all 4 of 4 big slides were broke. To "compensate" this we were given a free gourmet breakfast. That was a joke, they gave everyone this and yet did not have enough food, staff, tables, plates or silverware. I waited 35 minutes for a omelet that was not cooked. TWO hours waiting in line and for food which we never really got. The outside doors to the halls were not locked, so security was terrible. The rooms were dirty with spiders, stains and dirt. There was hardly any lighting which I am sure is on purpose due to the dirt, hole, cracks and mildew. The front desk was not helpful and the Asst. GM blew us off because we made our reservation through hotels.com. We requested a late check out do to the 2 hour breakfast disaster and we were denied and threaten by the staff to be charged. DO NOT GO HERE!! I am afraid what disease we are going to go away with from the dirty water park too.
Kathleen
"Decent, but nothing spectacular"
The water slides were not working, this takes away a lot of the reason why you stay at a hotel like this.
Ruben
"Weekend Trip"
The room was dirty with stains on the carpet. Our view out the window was a brick wall about 4 feet away. The receptionist was in a hurry as if checking us in was an inconvenience for her. The water park was average, but fun for the kids. Would not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Jeremiah
"what a dump"
we all had bug bites from staying there one night!!!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Lee
"HOUSEKEEPING WOES"
HORRIBLE! THEY HIRE PEOPLE WHO BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH WHO ARE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AND THEY CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU HARDLY AT ALL! AND I HAD A NECKLACE THAT I STRONGLY BELIEVE THEIR HOUSEKEEPING STOLE FROM MY COUNTER IN MY ROOM! ALSO, THEY COULD NOT BRING FRESH TOWELS MORE THAN ONE TIME OVER A 4 DAY STAY!!!!! THIS WAS ABSURD. THE TIME HOUSE KEEPING ENTERED IT WAS ONE FOREIGN MAN AND NO ONE WITH HIM SO THEY WERE LETTING HIM CLEAN ROOM ALONE!!!!! I WILL NOT BE RETURNING EVER AGAIN!!!
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2015
"nice"
Enjoy our stay
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
jesse
"not new or clean"
old run down don't expect too much
3 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Cedar point weekend."
Taking the grandkids to cedar point for the weekend. Great location lots of shopping and restaurants.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Family Fun"
Excellent
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Overall the employees were friendly and very helpful. However, we showed up and our shower curtain was broke and had mold on it. The front desk staff were able to get the shower curtain fixed the day we told them about it. I would return.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Could have been more attention to details. Things like enough towels in the water park and locker room cleanliness.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great location in the center of everything"
Great location the kids had a great time at the water park room just needs some attention overall had a great time hope to be back for laborday weekend
Other trip May 25, 2015
hector
"not bad for an out of town get away"
It was my boyfriend and i first out of town get away and its not bad. Closed on thursday stayed for another day and i think it wasnt too bad! Not too expensive either!
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Nice hotel close to different entertainment"
Good experience, especially with the staff. Only criticism is the entrance feom the main road is a little strange. Kind of a goofy setup.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Great size water park for younger kids!"
We appreciated the lower price and perfect size water park for our kids! We enjoyed our stay and appreciated the clean rooms.
Other trip May 14, 2015
Kelly mom of 4
"a waste of money"
It would have been nice if this "resort" provided towels in the water park. The towel bin was always empty. The rafts were impossible to get your hands on.The only hot tub in the waterpark was overcrowded with kids jumping off the side and in the hot tub. So not much for parents to enjoy in the park.I do not plan to stay at this hotel again.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Did not meet our expectations."
I was very disappointed with our overall stay. There are certain things to be expected when going to a 'resort' such as an engaging atmosphere, area information, channel list, phone list. None of these were provided.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Stayed off season"
Pool in April only open at weekends. No breakfast buffet during week days. The room is nice enough a little retro in style.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Fun watermark for little kids. Hotel room was comfortable. No towels, 1 roll of toilet paper. Frayed carpet where carpet met the tile. Fridge nice, coffee pot nice. Kids loved the bunks.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
"You get what you pay for. Spend $$ & go to GWL!"
We usually go to Great Wolf Lodge but they were all booked so we decided to try this place. Understaffed is an understatement. Not enough front desk staff, lifeguards, staff at the bar and at the grill. We spent more time waiting for everything than we spend enjoying the facility. The common areas are so unkept. We were in line for a slide & my hubby said to the lifeguard that they needed additional staff to make the lines go faster. His response was "maybe you shouldn't bring your family back." When we complained to the front desk, we were told the Mgr was busy. Really?! No manager on duty and available to discuss an issue at the busiest time of the day? After park was fair, rooms were good. Breakfast was worth the price. The arcade is so far from the hotel itself & unstaffed. Not understaffed, zero staff. I won't go back here again but I do recommend Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari!!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
jen
"Not bad, but not even close to great."
check-in took 1 1/2 hours 2 of the 5 slides were out of order games in the arcade were $1 a game would not grant Groupon because reservation was not made on their webpage.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
G and M
"extra bed"
asked for a roll away bed first night and they said no the next night they said yes by asking some one else! had to ask for towel none in rooms check in was terrible and very slow not enough people working the front desk they were letting people crowd in front of us already in line...The food area was so slow i started to ask for my money back! When we checked out they said my card was not charge and it was when i got home..
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
mark
"Better off at Great Wolf Lodge."
Our stay started with a 45 minute wait to check in. They had two people checking guests in. The line went down one hall and then wrapped around a corner and went down another hall. They finally added a third person and he was checking in guests who walked in the door and didn't stand in the long line. When we questioned him he said the people had stood in line. We watched the people walk up there without standing in line at all. When we finally made it to the counter, the woman waiting on us admitted the man had been taking care of people as they walked through the door. She was as disgusted as we were by it. A worker named Doc was walking up and down the hall apologizing for the long wait and said that it happens daily. They need to fix it. I did love that the room had a divider between the queen size bed and the two bunk beds. It gave the adults some privacy. The room was clean other than stains on the carpet. Our room looked out onto a roof covered with plywood and cinder blocks. There were small trees starting to grow out of the cracks. Hallways needed to be swept and cleaned. I will not be staying there again. I will spend the extra $$ and go down the street to Great Wolf Lodge like I usually do.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Worst hotel ever!"
Pulling into the hotel was a bit confusing and then there was no parking for check-in. I waited in line for 45 minutes to check-in only to be told my room was not ready. We were given our water park passes to go enjoy the water park while we waited for our room. We then went to change in the restroom, which was disgusting. the water park was dirty as well. The staff in water park are scary, tattoos and piercings every where. Rude too! Finally by 6pm we got into our rooms, which are really small. The rooms are poorly cleaned. We asked for a new coffee pot because there was coffee still in it from previous guest. The next day when we we're leaving the cleaning crew had their carts and bins in the hallway making very hard for guest to get out of their rooms and down the hall.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015