All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America
25 America's Cup Ave, Newport, RI, 02840, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Quite clean
    Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
  • Value
    Poor value for money
recent renovation - vast improvement in common areas and rooms
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
Hotel was very modern & room was superb. We will come again.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
marilyn
"Great hotel in a great location"
Beautiful hotel. Perfect location. Great service.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
Maria
"Weekend getaway."
Great location...close to everything! Hotel was clean and staff was friendly and accommodating! Will definitely stay here again!
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
The hotel was beautiful but more importantly the staff were amazing!
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
"Fabulous"
Very modern. Clean beautiful place to stay. Will stay there again!!
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
"Nice hotel but very loud"
The hotel was nicely updated. I would recommend to stay here but DO NOT stay in a room with balcony over looking the lobby. The other people staying in the hotel stayed in the lobby partying until 2:00 am screaming and yelling and the hotel never said anything to them. We could not sleep all night do to the loud noise. I did call security and they did say something but it went on all night. This really upset me because it was a nice hotel. They should not allow people to sit in the lobby with coolers of alcohol all night long.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
"Great location and price"
Everything was great. The only issue I had was the valet people did not come up to me when I pulled in I waited for them to come to the car for close to 5 minutes and all they where doing was standing around. I went and parked in a spot for out and asked if I could self park or valet. They said valet only so I drove back around and then they finally came up to me. I feel they should great the guests as quickly as possible when they pull in. Also cost and extra $20 for parking that they don't mention when you make a reservation. Other than that hotel was excellent condition super clean rooms and its own restaurant two bars and a spa. Great place for a get away. Everything was also in walking distance.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Frank L.
"If you want to bake while sleeping......stay here!"
Terrible. The air conditioning/heat could not be regulated. First we froze so we hurried to get ready and left our room for a snack hoping the room would warm up. It didn't. Called maintenance who came right away. Said hot water pipe to heating system not turned on. Turned it on, we went out and when we returned to our room it was extremely warm. At 1:00 a.m. called maintenance again as room continued to heat and had risen to 82 degrees. Unable to fix heat system, offered exchange of room, but would be lesser quality. Since we had to pack up either way, we checked out and Hotel would not issue a refund for a room that was too hot to sleep in and in which we had only spent 3 hours. It really disturbs me to think just how hot the room would have been by morning. Definitely not healthy. They don't stand behind their product and will never get our business again.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Newport Marriot"
The hotel was quite lovely. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. We were given a room that was comfortable, but quite a distance from the elevator. When we returned at 3:30 from a day of site seeing we were a little upset to see that our room had not yet been cleaned. This was done while we were having dinner at the hotel. Dinner was delicious, by the way.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
Sandy
"Wonderful newly done hotel"
Great newly renovated hotel. Onsite parking was steep ($35/night) but otherwise highly recommend this place.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Yousaf
"Perfect location to walk everywherw"
Stayed two nights and wished it were for a week! Friendly staff, cool vibe in lobby, unbeatable location. Downside: expensive valet fee offseason and the bloody marys are not spicy enough!
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
stella
"Nice Location but bad service!"
We stayed at the Newport Marriott for the wine festival weekend of Sept 25th for 3 nights. We paid $500 for the first two nights then $349 for the third. Total with taxes was $1500.00. For that price we were expecting MUCH better service! When we checked in the women was unhelpful and told us that the only room she had available was an inside room right off the elevator or we could wait several hours for a better room, so we waited. The other couple we traveled with was able to get their room right away, so we went upstairs to see their room which was very nice with a balcony. My husband went to the front desk to ask for an upgrade to a suite and the front desk manager told my husband since we booked thru Expedia and paid that we would have to get a refund from Expedia then she could upgrade us. First of all we never paid thru Expedia we paid at the hotel upon departure. So I guess Marriott didn't need the money so they turned us down. So once we saw our room it was adequate. The second day we never received any housekeeping services, so at 6 pm we had to ask for clean towels. So for the price that we paid the Marriott really disappointed us and we will not stay at the Newport Marriott again.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
"Over priced, noisy, poor service in restaurant"
Stayed three nights 9/19,20 and 21/2015. Paid almost $500 per night. $35 per day parking fee. Event area is in center of hotel and is very noisy. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Only one bar of soap in bathroom. Had to request another for the shower. Kind of cheap for what we were paying. Had to leave restaurant because no waitress showed up even after we asked one to serve some coffee to begin breakfast.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
Unimpressed
"One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in"
the place was newly renovated and was probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. wonderful experience.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Walt
Our room was 100 yards from the elevator itcost $35. Per day to park. Had to use always valy service. My barthtub is almost larger than there whilpool.one night we went down but could not get into the whilpool.had to pay for wify for the room and reception. Every thing they nickeled and dime you, cheap cheap and I would not go back.also no light breakfast.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Nice hotel, but our room wasn't great."
Room had no outside facing windows - pretty disappointing for the price.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"An expensive hotel for abit above average"
To expensive . Had to pay for wifi. No bathroom vent. No roof top bar/Terrance Was very modern. Clean. Walking distance to main attractions. Nice pool. Love out door restaurant
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Amber
The hotel was great overall. The renovation of the hotel is great and the rooms are beautiful. I only had one minor issue. I had a hotel room that had windows that faced the hallway and elevator. I was unable to open the drapes because people would be able to see in. It was a little weird. I would recommend staying here, but make sure you ask for a room that doesn't have windows that face a hallway.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
The hotel was just renovated. It is so beautiful inside. The rooms are very clean. The bed is comfortable. I would not recommend staying in the room by the elevator. Too noisy. Another minus is that some of the rooms have windows facing inside hall, so technically you cant leave the curtains open as there is no privacy.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Beds were awesome Signage could be better
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"Great hotel right in the heart of Newport."
The marriot was a great hotel where everyone was very curtious and helpful. It had a great pool and workout room. We were able to just leave the hotel and walk around the town. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
alice
Great place you can walk to everything would definitely repeat what a great spot
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"I won't be returning"
I would not stay again. I reserved a room for 3 ; they only had a king with a tiny pull out couch and the only window opened up to the elevator! We heard the ding all night. We also had a noisy refrigerator that apparently could have been put in a different mode but no one told us upon checkin. They've also changed their self parking to valet at 35$ per car per day. When my daughter tried to use the M club for breakfast there was so much overflow and no where to sit and she was directed outside and handed a bill at the end. For the price of this hotel, you would expect much more. I had been here before on several occasions but I won't be returning.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"1 night"
We were put as far away in the back as you can go, overlooking the senic parkink lot. At night we thought we were next door to a prison with the light's the room was well lit in the evening. We found that walking down 3 flight;s of stair's in a un fented hot exit way did use wonders in our mid 60'swith health issue's
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Rich
"Nice hotel, close to everything"
Everything was great except check-in. Check in time is 4:00 and my room still wasn't ready.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
So over priced. We didnt even have an outside view.There was a huge window over looking the hallway.The final insult was a 35 dollar valet charge. The nain reason for choosing this hotel was location and parking.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
The room was great! The amenities at the hotel seemed nice, we were so busy we didn't take advantage of them at all. The trolley was right next door, otherwise we were walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping. Convenient to the Cliff walk and Mansions. Overall a great experience!
3 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Katherine
"One night getaway"
One night getaway with my husband and a visit to the Newport Winery. Hotel was clean and bright. Staff was extremely helpful and efficient. It was evident there was a lot of money put into the renovations of this hotel. They have a restaurant and sports bar but we didn't have a chance to visit them. Will definetely return to this hotel and try the sports bar next time.
1 night romance trip Jul 9, 2015
Kimberly
Very nice people / good service and great location in downtown Newport (by shopping and the water). Rooms were clean but on the small side. Pricey with added parking, but it was peak season in the summer.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"NEVER NEVER AGAIN! !"
HORRIBLE! Changed room 3 times because they couldn't accommodate our reservation for a 2 queen bed and balcony. Last day we had to have security let us in and out of our room because the lock wouldn't work. They charged my credit card that held the room even though my sister paid the bill in full with her Amex. Now I'm in the fight of my life to get reinbursed.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Deborah
"Newly renovated in nautical theme..."
Walking distance to restaurants and public transportation. Right on the water. Very nice stay! Loved the new bar with bar inside and outside. Two pool tables and a shuffleboard table for entertainment.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
cb
"Beautiful hotel in a great location"
My family of four took an extra long weekend and decided to explore Newport Rhode Island. We loved the central location of our hotel. We could walk out of the hotel and the harbor was right there. We easily walked to many locations. Easton Beach was a quick car ride away.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Denise
"Very central location to downtown Newport"
The Newport Marriott is very centrally located, walking distance from the harbor, the restaurants and nightlife. It has been recently renovated so the accommodations are fairly new. We were there over July 4th weekend, so it was busy. My one complaint is the speed with which room service items are picked up. We did not order room service, but our hallway was littered with empty trays every day, some there for the entire 4 days that we were there. I did not expect that from a Marriott.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Cathy
"Nice Remodel, However staff and finish poor"
Beautifully refurbished, however no quality checks on refurbishment.. Got locked in a bathroom, and also the tap started coming off the wall during my stay.. needs management to go through the rooms and check everything.. Also quality of Bar staff was poor, mis-managed and rude!
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Guy
Our first trip to he renovated hotel, just great. Tessa att he front desk was outstanding
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Overpriced"
Overpriced with no amenities. For this much money they could at least have given folks free wifi and a buffet breakfast.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"A night in Newport"
Loved it! Perfect location, pristine room, great hotel/room amenities (pool table/bar, Keurig, huge shower) & very nice staff. Only downside if I had to list one...was the room had an air vent that was a bit noisy.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Hotel was great, newly renovated, very clean"
The hotel was recently renovated which was a nice surprise. Everything was done in a nautical theme, including the room decor. Rooms a little on the small side, but very nice. very convenient for walking around town
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Wonderful!"
Recently updated in grand Marriott style. Great location. Easy walk to all piers and restaurants. Highly recommend.
2 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Bruce
"worth it"
not sure why this hotel is not rated higher but we had a very pleasant experience. everything looked new, chic, and clean. the rooms were very spacious. the location was at the heart of downtown newport. the only downside was that it was a bit pricey for its star rating.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Thumbs down"
Well, the beds were uncomfortable as were the pillows. We had a cup of in-room coffee, but after the person "cleaned" the room, the coffee, water bottle and creamer packets were not replaced. As for said "cleaning", there was hair on the bathroom floor that was there when we returned to the room, so I swept it myself. There is a $10 charge for 24 hours of internet connection and the television did not get local channels. We could hear a person from another room snoring as well as relieving himself. We tried to get dinner in the restaurant there but were given all types of excuses why we'd have to wait until we finally left. Other than the location, there is no reason we would stay there again.
Response by Newport Marriott
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear the inconveniences suffered during your stay and I have shared your concerns with the appropriate departments. We will be transforming the hotel beginning November 24 through late March. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again next season.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"An overnight in Newport"
Nice hotel on the water, adjacent to shops and restaurants. Check-in and out were efficient, service overt and friendly.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Kathleen
"Newport getaway"
Great staff, clean hotel. Understand there are closing soon for a full renovation.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"great views of the harber and boats"
easy access, close to the shops and food courts, walkable to cliff walk and mansions
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
alan
"Nice stay."
The hotel was nice, however I wish the "full salon" could of accommodated my request for wash and blow dryer for either one of the days I stayed there, instead if having to go to another hotel to use their salon. Other than that it was a nice hotel.
Response by Newport Marriott
Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that our salon did not have an available appointment for you during your time here at the hotel. We recommend that appointments are booked 3 to five days in advance as we do book up quickly. I hope you give us the opportunity to assist you in the future.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
very enjoyable
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
lousy design. lots of rooms facing inside .. a lot of noise
Response by Newport Marriott
Thank you for your feedback, The hotel does have atrium view rooms. We also do have other views available at an additional cost. Thank you for staying with us and please reach out to the hotel directly after booking your next reservation and we can try to accommodate your upgrade request,
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Stay at Newport Marriott"
it was a great trip! the Marriott is in a great location that we are able to walk to everything which we love! would definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"Spectacular"
This was an awesome view everyone was so helpful and you cannot beat the area or view. Coming from San Diego we are spoiled to be on the water so this hotel was right upmour alley for the spur of the moment stay while our son was staying on campus at Salve Regina also a beautiful college words cannot describe... Thank you for a lovely stay and your town is awesome and beautiful!!!!
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014