All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America
25 America's Cup Ave, Newport, RI, 02840, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Room is all right
    Breakfast is average
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
"Spectacular"
This was an awesome view everyone was so helpful and you cannot beat the area or view. Coming from San Diego we are spoiled to be on the water so this hotel was right upmour alley for the spur of the moment stay while our son was staying on campus at Salve Regina also a beautiful college words cannot describe... Thank you for a lovely stay and your town is awesome and beautiful!!!!
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Yvonne
"Poor Value"
This is a disappointing Marriott that doesn't reflect the property condition in its prices. The cons: 1) tired old decor, looks like the 80s threw up in the lobby, 2) they charge you $25 to "self-park", 3) the cost, since you are paying $400 a night you expect more. The pros: 1) remarkably clean for old decor, the cleaning staff is magic, 2) the walls are paper thin, we heard an entire conversation about yoga in the room next door, 3)the front desk team was kind and competent, since I never saw the "self-park" sign, they refunded my $25 and 4) they are renovating the property starting November 23. It is in a fantastic location and upon renovation, with the same staff, it could be a lovely property in Newport worth the price.
Response by Newport Marriott
Thank you for your feedback. We are renovating our entire hotel including our lobby beginning November 23. In addition to our public space, we will also be renovating all of our guestrooms and food and beverage outlets. We will be better soundproofing our guestrooms at this time as well. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again next season. Thank you once again for staying with us.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Broken Air Conditioner"
My last night was not comfortable as the temperature kept increasing. I woke up several times after 2 a.m. The staff made several mistakes at check in. Also said there was a $30 charge for parking in the garage when my boss said he came and went without using a key or paying.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
"Room 2 & Recommended Restaurant"
The A/C in one of the rooms was not working well. We told the front desk, the repair man left a note to leave it on high at night but it kept automatically switching to auto. So it got to warm in the room. The plastic bathtubs was most annoying when you stood in the bathtub for a shower and the plastic kept popping up and down. Very cheap bathtubs. Also, after we used the wash clothes, they were never replaced. We had none in the bathroom after the 1st day. We were recommended to got to Clark Cook House by the Conceige, The manager Reggie was rude, the service was nice, but the food was not up to fine dining. One person in the party sent the food back because a Rib Eye Steak that was supposed to be Medium Rare came to the table very well done and could not be cut with their knives. It was so tough and was only about 1/2" thick. We felt that they were very busy and did not order properly so they cut the steak very thin and then overcooked it. Also. the presentation was done poorly. It sat in a bowl with goopy sauce and mushy vegetables underneath. This was the 1st time I ever was served a steak in a bowl unless it was in a fast food restaurant.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Debbie
Perfect location in Newport! Across the street from the visitors center and public bus which took us straight to the mansions and cliff walk. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. Room was clean but just a basic hotel room; nothing too stylish or upgraded. Perfect for a family getaway before the start of school, as I got a good price per night.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Charges for parking really???
Response by Newport Marriott
Thank you for your feedback. The hotel does charge for secured parking. There was the oprion of parking next door at the Newport Visitors Center for $25.50, however it is not patrolled and does not allow in and out access. Thank you again for staying with us.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
Loved our stay. Would have preferred a room with two queens.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Inside rooms...baaaad"
I had read reviews about the hotel and was leery about getting an inside lobby room, so I tweeted to Marriott how it was a romantic get away and I was hoping for an outside room. Marriott favorited the tweet. But when I checked in I got an inside room. It was dark and noisy because some people were "yucking it up" in the lobby area into the wee hours of the night. It was so disappointing to not get a view of the water.
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear Jeanne, Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize that you found your room location unsatisfactory. Our Harbor Views are available for purchase if you want to be guaranteed that view. Please note that we will be undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation this off-season which will include all of our guestrooms, public spaces, and food and beverage outlets. We will be addressing our acoustical issues at this time. Thank you again for your business.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2014
Jeanne
"Definitely not up to Marriott standards."
Room was dark all the time. The premises looked very worn and old. Expected a lot from this hotel because it is in such a beautiful place. We are Marriott Timeshare owners and are used to wonderful facilities. The Bell Staff was helpful most of the time.
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear Susan, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Newport Marriott. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for not meeting your expectations during this stay. As a valued Marriott Timeshare owner, you expect a certain level of product and service when staying at a Marriott. Based on your comments I see that we fell short of your expectations. I did want to inform you that we are in the beginning stages of planning a multimillion dollar renovation that will encompass all of our guest rooms, public space, and food and beverage outlets. There will be more information to come as soon as we can get this. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for staying. I assure you that on a return visit we will do all that we can to exceed your expectations.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Excellent, near all of the attractions
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
Don
"A day away"
The hotel is great. Nice location. Concierge floor was not a big deal because the concierge lounge was closed...bummer. Rooms were noisy but not the hotels fault. Parking was great but is expensive.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"would never go there again"
was the smallest room i ever had.The AC was not working very good.the parking as hard.the price was outrageous.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Jim Regan
"Old and Loud"
We stayed at the Newport Marriott for two nights. We could hear every word of the casual conversation in the rooms on either side of us. The doors to each room close automatically which is great, but they don't just close, they SLAM! All night long we were awakened by slamming doors. We finally had to call the front desk at 12:00 am and ask them to address the noise in the room next to us. We had a room with access to a huge patio that contained NO CHAIRS. All you could do was walk out and stand and look at the harbor. The carpet in the lobby was dirty and old. The hallways of the hotel were so cold, I heard someone say, "It's like a meat locker in here."
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear Sandra, I thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay here with us. I am sorry to see that your neighboring rooms disrupted your stay with us. Guest Room doors are an item that we are looking to replace as we plan our next renovation. This renovation will encompass all of our 319 guest rooms as well as our public space including the lobby. We do not put furniture out on that balcony due to the high winds that come from the harbor. We have had it there in the past and unfortunately, for safety reason, we have not put it back. The hotels location is truly our best asset as we are located within walking distance of all Newport has to offer. Thank you for staying with us again. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Sandra
"Not worth the money"
The hotel itself is ok, the location is great, and the staff was pleasant, but I can't get past the price for what I got. To add insult to injury, there was an additional charge for parking. As we settled into our room, we then discovered there was a wifi. I realize Newport in July will be expensive, but to add these charges was over the top. Also, the a/c works on a motion sensor, and my room was not cool when I returned from my day sightseeing, and again in the middle of the night.
Response by Newport Marriott
Hello Nancy, Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Newport Marriott. I am please to see that you felt that the staff and location positively attributed to your stay. I do apologize that you felt that our charges for parking and internet were expensive. Our internet prices remain competitive with our competitors here in Newport. Our parking charge is actually significantly less than many of the other area hotels. Thank you once again for staying with us. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"No windows"
Everything was great but we were given an inside room with no windows so felt like we were in a cave!
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
D McKeon
"In desperate need of updating"
Fantastic location and terrific front desk service. Hotel is in desperate need of updating. Lack of any appealing hotel bar or restaurant.
Response by Newport Marriott
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. Your comments are important to all of us at the Newport Marriott. We are in the beginning stages of planning for our entire hotel renovation that will encompass all of our guest rooms, public spaces, and F&B outlets. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"$150 a night room that I paid $500 a night for"
Got a run of the mill room for $500 a night. Coffee maker broken, noisy (could here every conversation from people walking down the hall). Then they want to charge extra for WiFi and parking for $500 a night. Trash piled up outside by the side door in the barrel no one bothered to empty. Fathoms was nice. The TV was actually receiving a Hi Def signal which was nice. If this was a $150 a night I wouldn't mind the issues above but for $500 it was a rip off.
Response by Newport Marriott
Good Day! Thank you very much for your feedback egarding your most recent stay at the Newport Marriott. I would like to thank you for expressing your concerns and your compliments. Our room rates are extremely competitive with all of Downtown Newport. We do charge for parking in our secured and patrolled lot and offer free wifi in our lobby. I do apologize that your coffee maker did not work for you during your stay. This instance should have not occurred and for that I am truly sorry. We hope that you give us a second chance when your plans bring you back to Newport. I assure you that on a return visit we will do all that we can to exceed your expectations.
"Excellent hotel close to the water."
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The hotel is at the entrance of the town - easy walking distance to Bannister and Bowens wharf and to Thames street where all the bars, restaurants and shops are. Sailing trips also leave from these 2 wharfs. The staff was excellent especially Hank at the registration desk - very professional and helpful.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Traveler
"Concrete wall for a View"
Expensive room, two night minimum. The view from the room was not as depicted on their website (sunny view of sailboats). It was a concrete wall, four feet from our window. Staff was very kind and sent us a bottle of wine as an apology, but no other rooms were available. According to management, less than 10% of the rooms have a water view, so I think their website photos are misleading. Complaints to management yielded a gift card, enough to rent a room a lower tier Marriott hotel. If you're staying here, manage your expectations... odds are you wont be looking at water, and you may be looking at concrete.
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear K Kearney, Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Newport Marriott Hotel. I know that my Sr Rooms Manager reached out to you directly regarding this manner. I would like to personally apologize to you as well. As you know our location is prime as we are within waking distance from all that downtown Newport has to offer. Our hotel, however, is surrounded by buildings and parking structure. The great thing is that the bay is right outside our side door. Thank you again for you business and loyalty to Marriott.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
K. Kearney
"Items needing improvement."
Beds were too soft, Hallways were too cold, Elevators were too slow, Need to offer free coffee, Parking is way too expensive.
3 night romance trip Jun 24, 2014
Steve & Patti
"Okay"
For the prices they charge it should be a little better kept up. Building pretty dated. Breakfast not good at all. Expected more from stays at other Marriotts. Would not book here again.
Response by Newport Marriott
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your most recet stay at the Newport Marriott. I would like to apologize to you as you did not feel that you received value this stay. We are in the beginning stages of planning a multi-million dollar renovation that will encompass our entire hotel including our guest rooms, public spaces ,and restaurant. Our goal is to exceeed all of our customers expectations. It is obvious that on this occassion we did not exceed yours and for that I am truly sorry. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust in the future. Thank you for staying with us!
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Hotel needs an update badly, but professional, friendly staff made up for most of it. Comfortable beds, and the cleanest bathroom ever! (Note: Make sure your room thermostat is on "auto".) Gym is too small and crowded. Location is within walking distance of great restaurants and shops. The spa (although not connected to the interior of the hotel) is lovely.
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
"Convenient Hotel"
Wonderful location, super friendly staff! The only catch would be that some rooms actually have windows that look out into the hallway - I asked for a room change which was granted right away but I thought that was a bit weird.
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear Joslyn, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Newport Marriott. I certainly appreciate your kind words about the staff of the hotel. They really go out of their way to ensure a positive customer experience. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Joslyn
"Friendly place to stay"
Staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Found plenty for us to do despite bad weather.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Patrick
"Room with a view...of ELEVATOR!"
We entered our rooms and it was dark, so we went and opened our curtains and our windows looked directly into the elevators. Every time someone got off the elevator, if i had the curtains open, i would have saw them! The room was comfortable, clean, but the view was to say the least, odd. We didn't hear anything, but it was still very odd. Would not recommend staying at an interior room.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Kim Grimes
"You can walk to everything!"
Fantastic! Great place to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary!!
1 night romance trip May 18, 2014
"Bad experience!"
Got a room on the 6th floor. - Under the roof. I have stayed in many hotels - this was the worst. On top of the roof is located 3 mega-turbines to the air condition. These gave an extreme noise so it was impossible to sleep - we were given another room. There is no doubt that they knew about the problem but did do not take it seriously and did not express that they would do anything about it - therefore take care and do not take the 6th floor! Beside this the room was not cleaned properly - there was left a pair of used women tanga trousses on the floor. We asked for somebody to clean but nothing happened - all in all a very poor experience at a very high price!!!
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear Ole, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the shortfalls that occurred during your stay. The cleanliness issue that occurred in your guestroom was inexcusable. I am appalled that this occurred and have shared my concerns with the Director of Housekeeping and the entire housekeeping team. I also apologize for the noise disturbances that affected your stay. You stay at a Marriott Hotel because of the consistency we provide as a brand. You expect a certain level of service and cleanliness. It is obvious that on this stay, we fell short of your expectation and for that I am truly sorry. We hope to regain your trust as a hotel and as a hotel company. I assure you that on a return visit, we will do everything we can to exceed your expectations.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Ole
"No sleep in Newport"
Loud partying going on in the hotel lobby until 1:30am. Prevented my family and I from getting a good night sleep. Partying carried over to my floor and continued until after 2am. Hotel did nothing about it. Also, the room itself was very small and uncomfortable. It may have been the smallest hotel room that I have ever stayed in. Expected more from Marriott and Hotels.com
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Nice location to get anywhere"
With the location of this hotel it was an easy walk to any of the spots you would want to go within Newport. And with that nice location the price was reasonable, the staff was pleasant and helpful, the hotel itself was clean and bright. A very nice place to stay, I will stay there again next time I'm in Newport.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Weekend in Newport"
Location is excellent! Service was very good. Hotel itself is very dated. The decor needs to be updated and the bar needs to be modernized. For over $400 a night, the rooms should be more stylish and updated.
Response by Newport Marriott
Hello Gina, Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Newport Marriott. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us and that the service you received was satisfactory.Our location is truly our best asset as we are within walking distance to all that Downtown Newport has to offer. I am excited to say that we are in the planning stages of a full hotel renovation including all guest rooms and public spaces. I look forward to sharing more details as they become available. Thank you again for staying with us!
1 night trip with friends May 3, 2014
Gina
"Expensive for what it is"
But then again, it's Newport.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Very pleasant stay"
We were politely greeted by everyone upon our arrival. Our room was clean and very attractive. We had a 'water view' room and it was lovely. The lobby spaces are very attractive, too. The bar and restaurant were adequate, but the ambiance a bit 'dry', given the nice spaces elsewhere in the hotel. We wished for some comfy couches or corners to relax in. The staff there, too, seems a bit hurried, but this was minor issue in the scheme of things. The hotel is near Barrister's (sp?) Wharf, within walking distance to several nice restaurants and shops. Overrall we enjoyed our one-night getaway and recommend this hotel. We would book again.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
Convenient location , close to everything , nice gym and indoor pool and wife enjoyed the Spa
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
Gl
"Nice hotel close to everything"
The hotel was in the perfect location and the accommodations were nice.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Terrible"
Very bad, very hot room, bad pillows, very bad bed smells
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Pillows were bad , had to ask for feather pillows."
The coffee maker didn't work. I tried to make tea , the water dripped out slowly. The cost of parking and valet parking was much to expensive, should be free. The staff were very nice and switched rooms for us, they have us a view if a Parking Lot at First .
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Great pool, clean room but..."
During reservation, I was told to call ahead for free early check-in. On the day of arrival, when I called, some older woman picked the phone and very rudely told that nothing was available before 4pm. Spoiled the vacation. When we reached the hotel, it was empty with plenty of rooms available. Then when we asked for water view rooms, we were told again none were available. The hotel was empty, but no rooms available for guests! The room was clean but small. The toilet was broken and kept on running the whole night. One guest had left wine with glasses outside the room in the hallway and it remained there for the entire stay. No one cleaned it. Pool was good. No lifeguard on duty or no noodles etc. Bring your own. Dry sauna was good. We stayed on the concierge level. There was nothing much in evening snacks and drinks were not free. Breakfast was average - nothing special. Overall the stay was just OK. Considering the hotel wasn't busy, the customer service response wasn't great. I can't imagine things to improve when the busy season starts. I wouldn't recommend this hotel as it is average in all respects. Nothing stands out.
Response by Newport Marriott
Dear Harry, I would like to take this opportunity to thank for your feedback regarding your stay at the Newport Marriott. I would like to also apologize for not meeting your expectation on this stay. Hotel check in time is published at 4pm. We cannot guarantee early check in for our customers due to the number of requests that we receive on a daily basis. We instruct customers to call approximately 90 minutes before their arrival to let us know they are on their way. This gives our housekeeping team a head start to do their best to get your room cleaned by the time you arrive. I will be sharing your feedback on your conversation with the woman at the front desk with my Front Office Manager. Each associate is expected to handle each customer interaction professionally and it seems like that was not the case in this instance. I am glad to see that your family enjoyed our pool area and sauna. I hope you had the opportunity to check out the racquetball courts in our fitness area as well. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again soon. Warmest Regards, Michael Canini Director of Operations
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Harry
"Great stay in Newport"
Stayed for just one night with kids for a quick getaway. Hotel was super--stayed on the concierge floor, which I highly recommend. This included breakfast, drinks, snacks and fruit during day, hors deurves during happy hour, and very reasonably priced alcoholic beverages. Kids loved the pool, and the hotel staff were all very nice and professional. Location in Newport was great, too--close to everything.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2014
BW
Excellent location, easy walk to dinning and shopping. Front desk staff pleasant and helpful. Look forward to our next stay, our children gifted us our stay to celebrate our anniversary.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Location of hotel was great. Hotel restaurant and amenities terrific. Great breakfast. Comfortable clean room with great view.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"nice harbor view"
great breakfast and nice clean room
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"Great downtown location"
Beautiful hotel, centrally located and within walking distance of the water. Friendly staff and well maintained. Only negatives were the fee for internet and undersized pillows.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
Cathy H
"A wonderful hotel in a great location"
We were looking for a short get away and this did the trick. It is a great location near the waterfront, restaurants, and shops. The room overlooked the harbor which was great. One thing that stood out was how friendly the housekeeping help were. Every time we passed them in the hall they were all smiles and just so sweet. This was a great place and I just wish I was back there now.
3 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Nancy Trawick-Smith
"In the Heart of Newport"
We love going to the Newport Marriott. It is right in the center of everything in front is a Marina. The rooms and hotel is decorated beautifully. Great dining and shopping all in walking distance. Also close to a slots casino if you like that kind of thing. We love getting up early and using the gym, pool anf jucuzzi which is well kept up. The staff is friendly also. If your there visit the " Brick Alley Pub & Restaurant" on Thames St. for a great meal with lots of atmosphere.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
"Great Value..Wonderful Staff"
Parking in Ice storm.. I wished I could have been in the covered area..Too much of the covered parking was dedicated to Valet while the proletariate had to park in the icy outdoors..Petty Beef..Everything else was wonderful.In town for my son's OCS graduation..Great value..We will be back..We had to dig deep to find a squak..and the parking is a squak..Next time if there is no ice storm parking won't matter!!
3 night trip Mar 13, 2014
ElliottWS
"Nice stay at Newport Marriott"
Everyone was super nice + helpful. Newport is great !!
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
lovely
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Naomi
"Great location and beautiful views"
I loved this hotel. We were there during a snow storm and they had so many indoor activities as well as it being in proximity to so many great restaurants that we could walk to. I can't wait to come back this summer!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
"Pretty Hotel"
The hotel was Nice, was just real upset that I booked a king size bed at least a month prior my visit and due to being valentines day weekend we had to sleep on a double bed for the weekend! Very very upset about that..especially my husband 6'4 slept very uncomfortable. Other then that friendly staff at the Fathoms restaurant.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
French
"Close to family event"
The bathtub was spongy. I think it is failing. The view of the parking lot wasn't pretty.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014