All hotels in Hudson, Ohio, United States of America

Great pool
    Location is ok
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
"BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!"
Needed an overnighter to be near Akron U for early appointment. I have used Expedia before so went for a further away location with a better price. Was NOT DISPOINTED. Room was clean and pleasant. Bathroom a little small but CLEAN. Had a room on the ground floor and felt very safe. Did not get to try out their indoor pool or exercise room but maybe next time. Complimentary buffet selection was modest but very good. Warm food was warm and fresh. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Juana
Food at conference was not that good. One of the entrance doors did not close all the way. exercise door not opened during hours that was on door
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"Dirty and not well kept up!"
Staff workers were very nice. I selected this based upon the 3 star rating but this should have only been a 1 star. I stayed once on the way to New York and once on the way home. The first night room was smelly and had wall paper coming off. The second stay the room had stains on the wall in the bath room. My wife insisted on washing everything that was in the room once we got home.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Dennis
"Excellent location"
The hallways strongly smell of tobacco smoke. The sound of flushing toilets and sink plumbing heard in my room was very disappointing as this was all night long. Regardless, the hotel staff is outstanding in every respect.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"nice breakfast, noisy beds and broken gym"
First of all gym was totally broken and beds were not comfortable. But they have me coupons for nice breakfast
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great value, clean comfortable room"
Hotel was a really good value, especially booking with less than a week in advance. Great breakfast buffet in nice restaurant, clean comfortable room. Just wish they had an elevator to 2nd floor but that's a minor inconvenience. Nice pool, had fitness room and game room for the kids. Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Quiet hotel"
Just sayed here last week. Very quiet, comfortable hotel. I would stay here again on my next trip back home to Ohio
5 night trip with friends Sep 22, 2014
Kim G
"Best value in area"
Enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was good, but only warm. Pool was inviting, but we were too busy to enjoy. Will stay with you again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Norm M
"Good Breakfast at least"
Originally I requested a smoking, king bed room but instead I got a non-smoking room. Went to reception and the lady at the desk switched me to a smoking, 2 bed room. The room had a bad smell and the floor felt disgusting and I was too tired to complain about the room or switch again so my girlfriend and I ended up getting air fresheners to make the room at least habitable. The worst part was on the day we were leaving, I noticed a bed bug on the bed we did not use and luckily we didn't bring any home with us. The breakfast was good at least.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Subin
"It was ok until the end"
Originally I booked a smoking room with a king bed. When we got there, the room was non-smoking. Went to the reception desk and they switched us to a smoking, 2 twin bed room. The smell of the room was pretty bad to where we had to get febreeze candles and febreeze spray and incense to neutralize the smell. The floor felt nasty too. On the last day there, while we were finishing up packing, I noticed a bed bug on the bed. Luckily, we vacated before the bed bugs spread and we didn't bring back any with us. The staff and personnel were nice and the breakfast buffet was nice too.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Subin
"In route travel home good location for travel"
Very pleased ..... Very attentive and friendly staff and for an older building it was very well maintained.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
JB
We checked in and we were put in an area of the hotel that was being renovated. We could not access the internet in our room (except from the bathroom) and we were not offered to move to another room. Our room was not cleaned and we were out all day from 10:00 am to 7:30 pm. The front desk was not apologetic about the room not being cleaned. It took about 45 minutes for someone to bring clean towels.
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
I'll stay again. My only suggestion is the wifi bogged to a crawl once the hotel filled up with more guests in the evening.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Great hotel
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
Mundle
The front entrance (after unloading lugage and wheeling it to the door) turns out to be the back door. Poor signage. Had to move room as no internet. Restaurant meal of club sandwich - sandwich gross, fries disgusting. Saving grace was the staff were very pleasant.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Good Value for the price."
Lets face it, we are all looking for the best room at the best price, unless you have tons of money to stay where money is no object. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, pillows were down and feather, towels clean and plentiful, shower very nice. There were amenities like a hot breakfast bar in the morning, a pool, hot tub, restaurant, though I did not take advantage of them other than the breakfast to review. Sure, we can all find things about our room that are not 5 star...One of the sheers on the window was longer than the other...an outlet was cracked in half, so what? The only thing I didn't like was there are no restaurants or anything else around, though a map was provided for those that were a reasonable distance away.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Much nicer than reviewers suggest"
We spent a night here on our cross country trip and found it to be lovely. The hotel is large as it's a conference center but it's very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was better than the usual "waffles and hard boiled eggs" that you find- scrambled eggs, French toast, bacon, unlimited coffee served by Doris, the lovely waitress. Would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Greektenor
"Rooms decent not in best kept condition"
AC didnt work properly, Drapes didnt close all the way properly, VERY noisy maids early in the morning out iin the hall. Knocked on the door at 7:30am wanting to know if we were leaving???
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"Amazing service and food"
I was highly impressed! The location isn't the greatest for tourists, the rooms are normal, but the room service, food, and staff were far above amazing!
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"wasn't impressed"
I've stayed at Clarion Inns in the past, and enjoyed my stay. This particular one did not impress me. The rooms were very basic. Our rooms didn't have a fridge or microwave and were the same cost as a room that had both. The phone didn't work in one of the two rooms and they knew about it, but they put us in it anyway... this hotel did not meet the Clarion standards.
7 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Excellent for the price!"
Just to be quick: Stayed one night - Room very clean, however the recreation room not so much! The floor in the sauna desperately needs to be at least swept. The entire floor and stone work around the pool could use some cleaning but I understand high traffic areas can be difficult to keep up with. Not the best décor/maintenance: the lamps and furniture look dated BUT the couch and bed were comfortable. There was a hole in the closet and the walls had dark smudges. It didn't look filthy just aged. Breakfast was amazing! There is hot breakfast buffet. I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy the most! Last but not least the staff was very pleasant. From the front desk to the housekeeping everyone I encountered offered a greeting and they were very helpful when I asked questions. Very friendly staff!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
I_Am_Human
"Nite from hell"
I tried for an hour to get checked in the first rom the key wouldnt work. They sent a maintenance man he spent half hour trying to open it while we stood there they finally gave us another room and guess what the key didnt work. No apologies nothing i will nevef go back to another clarion
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Older Hotel that's showing it's age"
First of all, this hotel is off away from just about everything. There are no restaurants or fast food nearby. It appears that a major user of this hotel are Over the Road truck drivers, especially car carriers. The room we got was well worn, especially the carpets & furniture. The bathroom was tiny with one of the smallest toilet seats I've ever used. The seat was scarred & looked 20 years old. I observed housekeeping one day as they cleaned the room. Floors were not vacuumed & no furniture was cleaned or dusted. Instead of cleaning, they spray a floral spray on the floor at a couple of spots & empty the trash can. The one bright spot of the 4 day stay was the buffet breakfast. It was usually Bacon & Eggs with potatoes and juices that varied from day to day. The final disappointment was the Hot Tub in the indoor pool was not operating. The manager told me they were trying to find a part for this very old pump. He did go on to say they were in progress of updating the rooms a few at a time, but I can't recommend this hotel until things are improved.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Rex
I've never had any issues at the hotel. It was my 8th stay this year alone.
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2014
"Comfortable"
The hotel was comfortable if a bit dated. Rooms and facilities were clean. Good recreational facilities in hotel, including an indoor pool with a billiards table and video game consoles, and a game room. Staff was friendly.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
very old and not maintained very well. Staff nice. Smells musty in hotel and in room. Room was clean but stains in bathroom and wallpaper peeling off wall. Carpets were stained. Location difficult to get to off toll-road.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Nice hotel easy access from Ohio Turnpike"
Easy access from Ohio Turnpike. Nice pool and hot tub. Food service satisfactory. Was quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Would stay there again
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"Get away to Cleveland"
We had a great experience staying at the Clarion. Good location close to Cleveland. Hotel is still doing some construction but nothing bothersome. Pool and hot tub were great. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast bar with many options..
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"Skip it!"
The staff was very accommodating, but the room was not. Old everything for the most part. Bathroom doors that wouldn't close & food in the fridge from a previous guest.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
"Clarion"
Holes in wall, bed skirts askew, bed made awful, overall dingyness, waitress laid down utensils by eating part, whole place just looked old, run down & in need of TLC
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2013
Deb
"Nice staff fun at the bar"
Staff was great! Rooms were fine considering the price. The big issue is the construction going on.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the national park"
Nice, clean and convenient to go to the national park and very good breakfast.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Nice staff dirty old motel not a hotel"
Never again!! Moved to a different hotel after just one night. very old dirty facility but very nice staff
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Hudson, Ohio"
Really comfy stay for anyone - pool, hot tub (open 24/7), exercise room, game room for kids and great staff.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Not a bad spot"
Even though the parking lot was under construction, which caused some minor issues, we had a very pleasant stay. The room was nice and the bed was comfy. Our son had a great time in the pool. The hotel resturant was great. The only thing we did not like was that the lay out of the hotel was really spread out and confusing.
Will
"great hotel"
remodeling while we were there but still great. great staff.
paul
"Excellent! Excellent!"
Staff was extremely gracious from the reception desk personnel to the laundry clerks to the breakfast bar attendants who helped me carry coffee and breakfast back to my room. Room was spotlessly clean; linens were crisp and fresh. I have stayed at 4 - 5 star hotels that were not as clean. At time of our stay, construction was being conducted on part of the hotel, so I was a bit dubious at first sight, but so glad I picked this hotel!
"Never staying again"
I should have been notified prior to booking the room that the hotel was under construction. We had to walk through a maze to go from the lobby to our room. The hallways smelled of urine, and there was a slight odor in the room as well. We found a used dirty wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain rod. The view from our window was of a construction wall three feet from our window with old windows and scrap metal laying on the ground. I stayed in a Clarion in Pittsburgh PA about two years ago. That hotel was under construction at that time as well. I really had no expectations that the Clarion in Hudson OH would be under construction at this time. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A CLARION HOTEL EVER AGAIN!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Real smelly"
The place smelled like chemicals. Both my son and I woke up with headaches. Bad service. Staff would not look us in the eye when we inquired about the smell. Very dirty and rundown. I didn't even want to take a shower. Security doors/locks were broken on all outside doors. Cigaret smell everywhere. Nothing free about the breakfast because I needed to buy anti diarrhea medicine a several hours after we left. Only good thing was we got on the road earlier than expected because we wanted out.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Clarion Stay"
It's a Clairon , don't expect 5 star treatment and you will enjoy your stay. Expect more and well you will be disappointed.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Not so clean"
This hotel was not as clean as I would have liked. My son's bed had sheets with holes in it on the pull out bed. There was a large stain on the carpeting. The morning breakfast left A LOT to be desired. On the plus side, the hotel was making some improvements to the structure while we were there.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
jim
"Okay"
This hotel is okay if it is convenient for your travel plans and you just need a quick place to sleep. It is very old and run down, though was certainly clean enough. We stayed for 2 nights and it was just fine for what we needed, though I probably won't stay again. It is in a safe area and there is a shopping center with restaurants, stores and a movie theater about a 5 min drive away, though nothing within walking distance. It is right on Rt. 8 which is nice especially if you are driving through.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
Hotel was in the middle of a renovation/repair to a portion of it. Hallway smelled like a public restroom. Very dated. Would not stay at this location again.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Clean but old"
Room was clean, but hotel is run down. Sheets were white sometime in the past, though they smelled clean. Overall, good for 1 night stay.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
"Mother/Daughters weekend"
The room was nice with down bedding and cleanliness. Big note to future guests: the room only includes 2 free breakfast vouchers. Any additional no matter what age must pay $9.99+tax. The breakfast fare certainly wasn't worth that price. We enjoyed one free breakfast then visited a local fast food joint for a much cheaper breakfast. The wait staff was wonderful, however!
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Very friendly and professional staff."
My wife and I stayed just one night while moving to the area. The hotel's staff are very friendly, professional, and accommodating. They're doing their best with what they've got. The problem is just that the building is getting a bit old. It's obviously got new carpet, and they're keeping it up as nicely as they can. When we were there, they had a lot of construction and remodeling going on, too. But the room just had that moldy, musty smell of a hotel room that's been around too long. I'm not sure what can be done about that, other than bulldozing the building and starting over.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Very out dated"
Pros: staff was very friendly and helpful, free breakfast food was good. Cons: weeds growing everywhere, room needs a significant upgrade, bathroom looks like they tried to upgrade but did a sloppy job, booths in restaurant had no cushioning left and it looks like the last time it was updated was in the 1970s
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Connie
"Acceptable"
Definitely an older hotel and halls smelled really smokey.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
We were very disappointed with the service and condition of the hotel. The staff was rude and the building in shambles as they are renovating. Our expectations were high as we had stayed in a Clarion before, but we were totally disappointed. I would never ever go back or recommend this place to any one.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2013
we booked the hotel due to closeness to the blossom music center building is being renovated and was still a nice place friendly staff good location thanks
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2013