All hotels in Williamston, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
101 East Blvd, Corner US 17 & 64 Business, Williamston, NC, 27892, United States of America, ‏‎855-241-5599

TripAdvisor reviews for Inn at Moratoc

"This place is gross"
10/04/15 Andrew R Winter Haven, Florida
The pictures that they have posted on this site are made to lure you in. That this place is really nasty. They painted the front half of the hotel and when you get close you can see how they really did a cheap job painting it, missing a bunch of spots and not even painting some of the adjacent buildings. Once you go inside the lobby it reminds you of a haunted mansion, it's all dim and the restaurant and bar connected to it are closed, something which they have pictures of on their site by the way. Once you get into your room you will notice the tvs are ancient tube tvs that whine when you then them on. I'm surprised they didn't have a vcr attached to them. When you go to shut your door the door has about a 1 inch gap between the floor and the ground so no telling how many bugs shared my room with me. The pool is gross and has a bunch of sand sitting in the bottom of it with a few sun dried chairs that will give you splinters if you sit on them. My advice is to stay away from this place and spend a few more dollars and goto the Hampton or the holiday inn in the next town.
"Worst Stay Ever"
07/28/15 Y M Bethel, North Carolina
My stay at this Inn was one my worst experiences. I have being staying at this hotel before the name changed and never experienced such bad service. We were not accommodated for what we previously registered for and were not offered any compensation in any way. My room was not cleaned after our first night and there was not enough linen for the pull out sofa bed. I understand they are under new management, but that is no excuse. This Inn needs some serious work. Not sure if I will ever return. The only sunshine was when I checked out and saw a friendly face(Robin)
"Visiting Family "
07/14/15 kathrine65 Columbus, Ohio
The staff & management were very friendly. The rooms were very clean. My husband & I will stay here whenever we visit Williamston. The manager went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable. The cleaning staff did an excellent job.
"Inn at Moratoc in Williamston, NC"
06/25/15 Jennifer B Marshall, North Carolina
The advertisements are all false. The "free internet" is nonexistent. The swimming pool was not in service and looked very dilapated--unlike the pictures that were promoted on the internet advertisement. I also specifically asked the person I reserved the room with if the pool was open yet and was told yes it was. The outside of the hotel basically looked abandoned and seriously run down. The outside front entrance way had yellow taped off cones around part of the entry way. There was an abandoned looking car sitting in front of the hotel with a for sale sign in the windshield. What type of management allows that? They put us in a room around the back side of the hotel totally by ourselves--three women alone. I had specifically told them when I reserved the room that there would be three women alone coming for this stay. There were no other people on our side of the hotel. It didn't appear that there any other people even staying in the hotel, so why put three women around the back side by themselves? The front side was wide open and with a well lit parking area. Safety was a major concern at this hotel. The parking lots around the sides and back of the hotel are barely lit. There were people roaming around in the parking lots after dark. Some strange woman knocked on our room door in the middle of the night asking for a cigarette. There was a large man stalking the parking lot on the night we checked in. Again, we were the only people on the back side of a totally empty hotel. I went back to the desk clerk and told him of the strange man lurking around in the parking lot outside our room and about how we appeared to be only guests on that side of the hotel. There was no offer to move our room or come check it out. Frankly, we were afraid to park our car and get out and go to our hotel room. The desk clerk totally blew me off and didn't even come look to check it out or offer to call the police. When I informed the desk clerk of the strange lady knocking on our door in the middle of the night, the response was "sorry about that." When I complained about the swimming pool not being open, after I had specifically asked if it was open when I reserved the rooms, the desk clerk out front simply said, "sorry about that." This place is a dump. We will be checking out early and finding another place to stay. The signs said under new management, so I can only imagine how bad it was before if this new management is supposed to be an improvement. Don't waste your money or risk your safety staying in this dump.
"Do not stay here - especially if you are a female non smoker and\or a family looking for a safe clean motel."
10/04/14 PMM9
This is a rundown motel that reeks of smoke when you walk into the lobby. The rooms are grubby and grim and also smell of smoke. The bathrooms are stained and wornout although there was hot water. While you can live with these deficiencies in a pinch the fact someone tried to get into our room (which was exposed to the street with no protective lighting) was not OK and when we tried to reach the front desk nobody picked up! I dialed 0 several times and then called the main number and nobody ever answered so I called 911. The officers came within 5 minutes and said they would check out the place. Nobody from the front desk ever checked in with us. Probably because this is a frequent occurrence there. When we checked out the woman at reception said she'd be sure to tell the manager and that it wouldn't happen again. We're not so sure so our recommendation is do not stay at this place.
"Really, in 2014?"
05/25/14 Francine J Floral Park, New York
My husband and I reserved a two night stay at the Inn at Moratac, Williamston, NC, after a representative from recommended it. This place is a dump. I think it's partially abandoned and I believe only one or two other rooms were occupied. I didn't feel safe and the room didn't appear sanitary at all. Mats in the bottom of a bathtub? How unsanitary is that? Sofa and chair in the room were stained and the room had a mildew smell. So, so disappointed. My husband was so angry that I went with this place and not a chain hotel...lesson learned. It felt like a short stay motel where youngsters go to have fun for two to three hours. It's not worth the 66.00 per night we paid.
"was going to stay here , 1 relative did because they had a dog"
04/14/14 262Dave Stow, Ohio
Were in town for a sick relative , inspected room and it wasn't too bad but smelled , musty like mildew and maybe old smoking smell . Around the back where they would have put us it would have been quiet but strange people were wandering there . The outside of the building needed maintenance and grounds were overgrown. We ended up with lodging elsewhere , was pricier but well worth it. This place would be okay if you had animals which might not be welcome elsewhere. I'd ask for a room on a street side for safety. Sister said beds were comfortable. Two of our relatives said the restaurant was okay but the hotel itself suffers from neglect.
"A good nights sleep"
03/26/13 Linda A Maynard, Massachusetts
My husband and I stopped in Williamston recently driving from Massachusetts to MyrtleBeach. We had a great meal, a clean,quiet room, and a great breakfast at the Inn all doe under $110.00. No kidding! The inn is older, but very clean, the front desk staff is pleasant. I would recommend the Inn at Moratoc.
"About what I expected."
09/05/12 djtoohot01 severn, md
Just spent a few days at the Inn At Moratoc for a family reuninon. The place was not as bad as some of the reviews I read. This is a small town and there is not a lot of things going on in the town. So, I didn't expect a stay at the 4-Seasons for 69 bucks a night. The lady at the front desk was very nice. The breakfast was pretty good too and cheap, $7.95 for all you can eat buffet. The bed was comfortable, but the room did smell a little. Maybe like someone had smoked in there and they couldn't get the smell out. From what I understand, the hotel is about 50 years old or more, and it is showing some wear. But for what it is worth, it's not bad. The pool looks like it could do with a bit of upkeep too, but it was passable for what you get. If I had to, I would stay there again. There is a Wal-Mart right down the street if you need something. Not much in the way of food choice, but if you like Sonic, Pizza Hut, Bojangles, DQ, Taco Bell and BBQ, they are all right within a mile of each other and from the hotel. There was cable in the room, no wifi, but there was a eithernet cable. All in all, not the best, but not terrible either.
"About what I expected"
09/03/12 mbagirl4 Washington DC, District of Columbia
I recently returned from staying at the inn at Moratoc and the hotel was what I expected. I was very nervous after reading all of the reviews, but the room was clean and the breakfast was very good. i didn't expect the four seasons so I was not disappointed. I was in town for a family reunion and most of the relatives stayed here which was good. The woman at the front desk was very nice. I don't remember her name. There isn't much going on in Williamston. There aren't many places to eat other than you normal fast food but Greenville isn't that far away. They had a an exercise room which was small, but offered exactly what I needed for a great workout. If you like barbecue check out Shaw's nearby.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews