All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1631 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"breath of fresh air"
Beautiful, spacious room with all of the comforts of home. Hotel offers an evening BBQ and has a cantina, fire pits around the pool, and complimentary breakfast goes beyond any I've had anywhere else. Just a short walk to downtown SLO, or the hotel offers a shuttle.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
We came into town for a rugby tournament, our stay was too short. Front desk gave us a DVD movie to watch in our room. Happy Hour in the bar provided free wine and cookies. Breakfast is very impressive. Will definitely be back again soon! Service and cleanliness was great.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
Sandra
"Wonderful Place"
We moved our son and his girlfriend to SLO for school and stayed here while they settled info their new apartment. A nice breakfast and cocktail/BBQ was served daily by the pool. The room was nice but needed some humidity. The staff was very courteous. The overall experience was worth recommending to others.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
H. Johnston
Great place to stay! This hotel will exceed your expectations. A five star hotel at three star price.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Nice !"
Need to come back
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Hector
"great stay for a great price"
Spacious room, close to downtown and freeway. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great pool and spa!!
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Lauren
"Better then expected"
I'd stay here again without question. Trip was a quick family getaway over New Years and I just "picked a place" within walking distance of downtown SLO that also had a competative rate. Hotel ended up being part of the experience with exceptional: Service Pool/jacuzzi/firepit A real breakfast included Manager specials for food & drink Divided room /sleeping area
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
"Big on space, not on details"
The bathrooms were the worst part...for some reason the sink is in the bedroom...the setup is very motel-esque but the rooms have plenty of space. Nightly shuttle service and little perks were nice. Overall it is ok for a quick trip.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Reggie
"Great Location and Comfortable Suite"
We've stayed here many times in the past several years. Consistently clean, staff very helpful and friendly, room super comfortable, breakfast good, good location in the heart of SLO.
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
"Clean and Easy"
Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated but the condition was still very good and again it was super clean. We came down for the weekend to enjoy San Luis Obispo and I really think we found the best hotel for what we wanted to spend. It was very close to downtown and freeway, but not too close so it was actually quiet. In the morning we ate at the free breakfast buffet and it was decent quality with lots of options- which saved us more money from having to go out.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Great deal in SLO"
Room was huge drinks and BBQ at night and really good breakfast makes this a great deal in a very cool city.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
"Perfect5"
Perfect place no hidden charges room included= free wifi,make to order breakfast buffet,parking,coffee ,tea ,hot coco all day, free happy hour wine/beer, cheap BBQ, nice big separate rooms , nice pool area with hot tub...if you enjoy embassy suites you will love this hotel!!Good location with shuttle service too...
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Sylvi@
Overall reasonable accommodation with pleasant staff. The suite room was large enough to accommodate a family of 5 easily with 2 beds and a sofa bed. Beautiful scenery to wake up to.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"easy access"
This is a good location and property. Several perks: happy hour, BBQ, Breakfast. The only problem encountered is the 8am railing maintenance on a Saturday morning. Outside the metal railings were being scraped and sanded with little noise HOWEVER - inside the room the sound was very pronounced! It was like being inside the timpani section.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Great Hotel for a good value"
I was very impressed with Quality Suites. I would have given it a 5 star rating across the board but the pool/hot tub was under maintenance as the whole pool area was ripped up and not in working order. Unfortunately this was not advised while making reservations. Otherwise the hotel was perfect for our stay in San Luis Obispo.
2 night trip Nov 17, 2013
Kristina H
Good hotel in a good location. Staff were happy and helpful.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"It was a wonderful time."
We had a great time. Staff were friendly and helpful . The two room suite was great , The best of all were cooked to order breakfast and the shuttle service to shop and going out at night. This was a plus for us not knowing our way around town . We definitely would stay our next visit.
2 night trip Nov 12, 2013
"Don & Maria Beechan - 24th Anniversary"
Beautiful Hotel, loved the suite and everything included. It was in a great location and we were able to enjoy our anniversary.
2 night trip Nov 10, 2013
"Excelent experience!"
This is a great place, I wished we could have stayed longer. The staff is great, food is delicious and the atmosphere in the evening is very welcoming and relaxing. The food by the pool was delicious and very unexpensive.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Angie
"Excellent Experience!"
Completely enjoyed my stay during my first trip to California! The weather was perfect along with the great accomodations at the hotel. Staff was extremely helpful with all questions that I had. The hotel was extremely clean, service was great, the amenities were fantastic, and the location was extremely convenient for my visit to Cal Poly.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
DM
"A must stay!"
It was wonderful! The facility was clean, quiet and very comfortable. I will definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel to others! Arriving to food and beverages in the evening was a true gift (too tired to go out) and the breakfast offerings were great.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
Katie
"very nice"
Very good hotel..wine and beer, movie rentals thats free. Complementary cookies at the front desk. The beds are cozy, the showers are warm. Literally walking distance from dwntwn maybe two or three blocks, from shops and cafés.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2013
"Wonderful place"
Great hotel with everything you need. Room with much space. Warm cookies
4 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
J b
"Alex's wedding"
The service was great!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Good overnight stop"
Staff very helpful. Very nice BBQ available. Pool overlooked by most of the rooms. Very wide range of foods available at breakfast, very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2013
Jones
"very nice!"
My wife and I were only in town one night for a wedding but the hotel was great. Nice rooms, lobby, and pool area. Very close to restuarants and shopping. Great location!
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"Sister Trip"
Our 1st Annual Sister Trip was a big success. The hotel was able to accommodate all 5 of us in one room. What a great experience. The free breakfast was an added bonus.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Sandy
"Coo"
My family of 6 had an okay stay at the Quality Suites. The room was clean, the breakfast was great, and the kids enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi till 10 pm!! The bathroom was a lil small for all of us to share but it worked out okay for just one night. I would recommend this hotel for a family that has a short time to spend in San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
great location and close to Cal Poly! We were very impressed with the breakfast. This hotel is not your typical Quality Inn!
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
Toni
Great location, great staff, perfect hotel for everyone, especially families. They have plenty of staff to assist with any needs and they are always ready to help. Love the breakfast, happy hour and the evening barbecue is very convenient. Very clean hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Convenient Comfort"
Convenient to downtown SLO. Comfortable but small living area, bedroom and bath. Updated, streamlined counters/dresser/bathroom sink areas, making the most of the space. Bathroom sink outside of bathroom, which helps when multiple people are staying in the room. Warm cookies greeted us, Happy Hour before dinner, and cooked-to-order breakfast makes this suite hotel a good value. We've stayed in many different hotels in SLO, and would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Beth
Great staff, extremely helpful. Loved shuttle service!
2 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Sally
"Nice hotel near downtown and university"
Staff is great and they do a nice full breakfast and have a happy hour every night. Rooms are dated but nice overall a decent place to stay with a family.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
rodney
"Great Hotel 5 stars"
I selected this hotel because I couldn't get Embassy Suites. I was pleasantly surprised of Quality Suites and Quality Inn. I gave 4 stars for facilities because one of TV's (we had two) was fussy. I only stayed one day, but I left a message at front desk when I checked out and they were very happy to get the feed back. The site says continental breakfast but this hotel had a full make-to-order breakfast bar with lots of fresh strawberries. Nice location and very quite place, you can hear the frogs at night. I recommend this with 5 stars!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Shakala
"Good location, good hotel"
The hotel is close to downtown, close enough to walk to get dinner or visit a bar or coffee shop. The room was a good size and was clean enough. There was a good happy hour including a free drink during certain times.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Has absolutely everything for family!"
We loved the great service, large rooms, separate living room w/TV, great complimentary breakfast, pool and jacuzzi, very comfortable and usable social area adjacent to the pool, with late afternoon snacks and drinks. Wonderful for children. Incredible staff.......they retrieved and kept for us a relatively expensive item left in the room. All were polite and helpful. Can't recommend the Quality Suites highly enough.
2 night family trip May 27, 2013
Alice
"Avoid, plenty of other choices"
Only booked this hotel because of the guest reviews, I will NEVER trust those reviews again. This place is a dump, rooms that open to the outside in a very sketchy area full of apartment buildings and noisy college kids partying until late. The train noise kept us up also
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
The grounds are spotless... the pool is great... the free happy hour and hot breakfast are a wonderful treat and the staff is very, very nice! The rooms are a little outdated... but we will absolutely stay there again!
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
Great for visiting kids at cal poly. Walking distance from dorms so kids can visit us at the hotel. Great happy hour!
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Calpoly mom
WE stay here everytime we come to SLO. Perfect for all ages. Great BBQ and love the breakfasts!
1 night trip May 26, 2013
A
"Great Property"
Everything was perfect. The hotel provided many extras others do not. We had a complimentary beer and wine service for 2 hours and then proceeded to have an inexpensive grill. We paid $4.00 for 2 hot dogs and salads. I would go back there without having to think about it.
Other trip May 29, 2013
TFH
"Great for family and when you're looking for value"
The hotel was a lot better than I imagined. The staff was very nice. Made to order breakfast was included. They also had a complimentary happy hour with beer wine tea coffee and fresh baked cookies. And a fun barbecue in their courtyard where you could get fresh made burgers and hotdogs etc. memorial weekend was busy but fun. Lots of families and college students but nothing rowdy or inappropriate or too loud. It was a very good value and I would definitely stay there again or recommend to my friends.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Closest to Cal Poly; great breakfast"
Overall, it was a nice stay. Here are some things we likes about the hotel: nice big rooms, nice clean swimming pool, great delicious breakfast with many options, convenient location (if you are visiting a Calpoly student). things that were not so pleasing: the fridge in our room was really loud, air in the room was kind of stuffy, but the windows did not open, so there was no chance to let the fresh air in.
Other trip May 27, 2013
Cal Poly mom
"Great Spot for a weekend"
The hotel is great. The evening complimentary Happy Hour and the complimentary breakfast make this hotel one of the best values in town.
Other trip May 25, 2013
"Comfortable, clean, conveniently located"
We've stayed here many times before, probably a couple of times per year for the past several years. ave never been disappointed.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2013
"Convenient when visiting Cal Poly"
The Quality Suites has a nice happy hour and breakfast service included in the cost of the room.
1 night family trip May 17, 2013
"Quality of Service"
Fantastic. The asst. manager, desk staff and cleaning staff are very accommodating, welcoming and quite wonderful. I arrived with my family at the hotel and found out that I mistakenly made the reservation for a day before I intended. The desk staff told me to call hotels.com, they called the hotel and the hotel asst. manager generously honored the reservation at the rate I had paid! Thereafter, we learned they had a wine and beer happy hour for guests as well as a lovely breakfast! The suite was generous, comfortable and quiet. They drove us into town with the shuttle. I will always come back when in lovely SLO! Many thanks for making this a great mini holiday for us.
1 night trip May 16, 2013
alice
"A nearly perfect place to stay"
One of the best places I have stayed at. Quiet, clean, great value for the money. Excellent cable TV channel selection (2 HBO's and HDNET, NBC Sports Channel), free beer and wine in the afternoon and a great BBQ in the evening. Never had to leave the hotel. Well done!
1 night trip May 13, 2013
Mark Spindler
Hotel is situated relatively close to the Fwy. The king suite was clean, big and quiet. There is one TV in the living room and one in the bed room. Everything was perfect. The only thing that could bother a group of guests in the suite is that there is one sink in the living room and one in the bedroom, while none are in the bathroom. Parking was convenient. Selection of TV programs was good. Breakfast was delicious (even for a European) and they have a BBQ btw 6 pm and 8 pm. I would definitively recommend this hotel for this price.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
MISO
"Good for visiting the university"
This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel. Our son is a student at CalPoly and this is a practical place to stay. The rooms are quite large so it's a great place to stay with a family. It's not luxurious, but it's clean and the ample breakfast makes traveling with children easier.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013