All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1631 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Pleasant Surprise"
Very nice place. Comfortable bed, spacious rooms. Two hour reception in the afternoon is great as is the cooked to order breakfast in the morning. Very affordable BBQ offered in the evenings by the pool. Overall a great deal for the money. Staff was attentive, room was clean. It's a long walk to downtown, but there is a shuttle available. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Reasonable and clean"
Very clean reasonable hotel in SLO. free cocktail hour beer and wine from 5:30 to 7:30. Also 1 tacos! and free cooked to order breakfast in the morning. What a great deal! The room was clean and up to date we had a suite with 2 rooms 2 tv's micro fridge. It was a very comfortable stay. I wil def come back
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
larry
"Pretty nice find!"
Overall it's a great place. If you compare this hotel with others in the same class, then this hotel outdoes them all. For a 3-star hotel there are lots to like. The outdoor area is especially great. The pool area and seating is very well done. Very resort-ish without paying the 4 star price. The breakfast was awesome. Amazing that it's free! It's a really complete breakfast! Perhaps my only nit-picky thing is that the front desk girls we're not up to par. One girl sent me in the wrong direction, and another wasn't quick to check me in. I had to ask if I could check in.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Love this place!"
The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the hotel was well maintained. They serve hot breakfast which is a plus and they have good selection too. Love it and will definitely come back here next time we are in SLO!
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2014
"Convenient"
It was raining so we heard a constant drip outside our bedroom window, which made it very hard to sleep. The bed was way too soft. The location was great and I feel like it could be better if we stay again. I would definitely give it another shot. It was literally 2 blocks from Cal Poly SLO.
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
4snookz
"Little dated for price but"
Good service. Liked the court yard and free breakfast was awesome!!! Rooms need updating. Paid $150 for a Sunday night which is a lot for the outdated rooms but I guess for the area that's pretty standard. My dad stays at the holiday inn express down the street a lot and said he liked this place much better and they're about the same price.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Venessa
"Good, but not good enough"
Long drive, end of a long day, entering what was supposed to be a "luxurious" hotel for the price. We were greeted by the nastiest hotel clerk (Ashley) that I have come across in a long time. Literally got the vibe of "how dare you stay in this hotel." Really? What business are you actually in, Ashley? In any case, the rooms were fine but very small beds and cramped quarters for a family of four. We were missing some important things in our room that the maintenance folks did take care of quickly for us. Great breakfast in the morning. Noisy neighbors, older rooms, poor layout. For the price, we could have stayed in a cheaper motel and gotten the same "stuff" and certainly would have been treated better.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Hotel was about a mile from the San Lois Obispo Baseball Stadium; so it was a perfect choice. Rooms were adequate, not overwhelming. The facility is large and with attractive gathering spots in the garden or by the pool. The hotel offered a happy hour as well as a discounted BBQ dinner in the evenings as well as a complimentary breakfast; so great for staying with a lot of kids! We had a larger room with a front room which gave us plenty of space. The down side was that the room was cleaned very superficially each day. The bed made, towels changed and that was about it. Also, we were on the third floor and the elevator was HORRENDOUS! I seriously thought we were going to get stuck each and every time. Because of the layout there was no easy way to get downstairs so we patiently waited while the elevator moaned, groaned and lurched up to the third floor. After a few instances , we just walked. The ladies at the front desk were EXTREMELY helpful; my hats off to them.
3 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Marion
"Hotel amenities"
NICE
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
"Good location, close to SLO downtown"
A decent hotel, with very good service, breakfast facility, and pool. Interior is ok, the bathroom sliding door is a bit on aging side.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Denny
"Nice and welcoming"
Great location, just a quarter mile from the center of town. Room was very well kept. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Full breakfast cooked to order, free happy hour and they had a BBQ each night for just $7.00. Nice grounds. I was visiting my Cal Poly student and they invited him to the breakfasts and happy hours....I was impressed by their generosity.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"breath of fresh air"
Beautiful, spacious room with all of the comforts of home. Hotel offers an evening BBQ and has a cantina, fire pits around the pool, and complimentary breakfast goes beyond any I've had anywhere else. Just a short walk to downtown SLO, or the hotel offers a shuttle.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
We came into town for a rugby tournament, our stay was too short. Front desk gave us a DVD movie to watch in our room. Happy Hour in the bar provided free wine and cookies. Breakfast is very impressive. Will definitely be back again soon! Service and cleanliness was great.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
Sandra
"Wonderful Place"
We moved our son and his girlfriend to SLO for school and stayed here while they settled info their new apartment. A nice breakfast and cocktail/BBQ was served daily by the pool. The room was nice but needed some humidity. The staff was very courteous. The overall experience was worth recommending to others.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
H. Johnston
Great place to stay! This hotel will exceed your expectations. A five star hotel at three star price.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Nice !"
Need to come back
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Hector
"great stay for a great price"
Spacious room, close to downtown and freeway. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great pool and spa!!
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Lauren
"Better then expected"
I'd stay here again without question. Trip was a quick family getaway over New Years and I just "picked a place" within walking distance of downtown SLO that also had a competative rate. Hotel ended up being part of the experience with exceptional: Service Pool/jacuzzi/firepit A real breakfast included Manager specials for food & drink Divided room /sleeping area
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
"Big on space, not on details"
The bathrooms were the worst part...for some reason the sink is in the bedroom...the setup is very motel-esque but the rooms have plenty of space. Nightly shuttle service and little perks were nice. Overall it is ok for a quick trip.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Reggie
"Great Location and Comfortable Suite"
We've stayed here many times in the past several years. Consistently clean, staff very helpful and friendly, room super comfortable, breakfast good, good location in the heart of SLO.
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
"Clean and Easy"
Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated but the condition was still very good and again it was super clean. We came down for the weekend to enjoy San Luis Obispo and I really think we found the best hotel for what we wanted to spend. It was very close to downtown and freeway, but not too close so it was actually quiet. In the morning we ate at the free breakfast buffet and it was decent quality with lots of options- which saved us more money from having to go out.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Great deal in SLO"
Room was huge drinks and BBQ at night and really good breakfast makes this a great deal in a very cool city.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
"Perfect5"
Perfect place no hidden charges room included= free wifi,make to order breakfast buffet,parking,coffee ,tea ,hot coco all day, free happy hour wine/beer, cheap BBQ, nice big separate rooms , nice pool area with hot tub...if you enjoy embassy suites you will love this hotel!!Good location with shuttle service too...
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Sylvi@
Overall reasonable accommodation with pleasant staff. The suite room was large enough to accommodate a family of 5 easily with 2 beds and a sofa bed. Beautiful scenery to wake up to.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"easy access"
This is a good location and property. Several perks: happy hour, BBQ, Breakfast. The only problem encountered is the 8am railing maintenance on a Saturday morning. Outside the metal railings were being scraped and sanded with little noise HOWEVER - inside the room the sound was very pronounced! It was like being inside the timpani section.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Great Hotel for a good value"
I was very impressed with Quality Suites. I would have given it a 5 star rating across the board but the pool/hot tub was under maintenance as the whole pool area was ripped up and not in working order. Unfortunately this was not advised while making reservations. Otherwise the hotel was perfect for our stay in San Luis Obispo.
2 night trip Nov 17, 2013
Kristina H
Good hotel in a good location. Staff were happy and helpful.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"It was a wonderful time."
We had a great time. Staff were friendly and helpful . The two room suite was great , The best of all were cooked to order breakfast and the shuttle service to shop and going out at night. This was a plus for us not knowing our way around town . We definitely would stay our next visit.
2 night trip Nov 12, 2013
"Don & Maria Beechan - 24th Anniversary"
Beautiful Hotel, loved the suite and everything included. It was in a great location and we were able to enjoy our anniversary.
2 night trip Nov 10, 2013
"Excelent experience!"
This is a great place, I wished we could have stayed longer. The staff is great, food is delicious and the atmosphere in the evening is very welcoming and relaxing. The food by the pool was delicious and very unexpensive.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Angie
"Excellent Experience!"
Completely enjoyed my stay during my first trip to California! The weather was perfect along with the great accomodations at the hotel. Staff was extremely helpful with all questions that I had. The hotel was extremely clean, service was great, the amenities were fantastic, and the location was extremely convenient for my visit to Cal Poly.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
DM
"A must stay!"
It was wonderful! The facility was clean, quiet and very comfortable. I will definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel to others! Arriving to food and beverages in the evening was a true gift (too tired to go out) and the breakfast offerings were great.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
Katie
"very nice"
Very good hotel..wine and beer, movie rentals thats free. Complementary cookies at the front desk. The beds are cozy, the showers are warm. Literally walking distance from dwntwn maybe two or three blocks, from shops and cafés.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2013
"Wonderful place"
Great hotel with everything you need. Room with much space. Warm cookies
4 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
J b
"Alex's wedding"
The service was great!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Good overnight stop"
Staff very helpful. Very nice BBQ available. Pool overlooked by most of the rooms. Very wide range of foods available at breakfast, very nice.
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2013
Jones
"very nice!"
My wife and I were only in town one night for a wedding but the hotel was great. Nice rooms, lobby, and pool area. Very close to restuarants and shopping. Great location!
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2013
"Sister Trip"
Our 1st Annual Sister Trip was a big success. The hotel was able to accommodate all 5 of us in one room. What a great experience. The free breakfast was an added bonus.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Sandy
"Coo"
My family of 6 had an okay stay at the Quality Suites. The room was clean, the breakfast was great, and the kids enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi till 10 pm!! The bathroom was a lil small for all of us to share but it worked out okay for just one night. I would recommend this hotel for a family that has a short time to spend in San Luis Obispo.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
great location and close to Cal Poly! We were very impressed with the breakfast. This hotel is not your typical Quality Inn!
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
Toni
Great location, great staff, perfect hotel for everyone, especially families. They have plenty of staff to assist with any needs and they are always ready to help. Love the breakfast, happy hour and the evening barbecue is very convenient. Very clean hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Convenient Comfort"
Convenient to downtown SLO. Comfortable but small living area, bedroom and bath. Updated, streamlined counters/dresser/bathroom sink areas, making the most of the space. Bathroom sink outside of bathroom, which helps when multiple people are staying in the room. Warm cookies greeted us, Happy Hour before dinner, and cooked-to-order breakfast makes this suite hotel a good value. We've stayed in many different hotels in SLO, and would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Beth
Great staff, extremely helpful. Loved shuttle service!
2 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Sally
"Nice hotel near downtown and university"
Staff is great and they do a nice full breakfast and have a happy hour every night. Rooms are dated but nice overall a decent place to stay with a family.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
rodney
"Great Hotel 5 stars"
I selected this hotel because I couldn't get Embassy Suites. I was pleasantly surprised of Quality Suites and Quality Inn. I gave 4 stars for facilities because one of TV's (we had two) was fussy. I only stayed one day, but I left a message at front desk when I checked out and they were very happy to get the feed back. The site says continental breakfast but this hotel had a full make-to-order breakfast bar with lots of fresh strawberries. Nice location and very quite place, you can hear the frogs at night. I recommend this with 5 stars!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Shakala
"Good location, good hotel"
The hotel is close to downtown, close enough to walk to get dinner or visit a bar or coffee shop. The room was a good size and was clean enough. There was a good happy hour including a free drink during certain times.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Has absolutely everything for family!"
We loved the great service, large rooms, separate living room w/TV, great complimentary breakfast, pool and jacuzzi, very comfortable and usable social area adjacent to the pool, with late afternoon snacks and drinks. Wonderful for children. Incredible staff.......they retrieved and kept for us a relatively expensive item left in the room. All were polite and helpful. Can't recommend the Quality Suites highly enough.
2 night family trip May 27, 2013
Alice
"Avoid, plenty of other choices"
Only booked this hotel because of the guest reviews, I will NEVER trust those reviews again. This place is a dump, rooms that open to the outside in a very sketchy area full of apartment buildings and noisy college kids partying until late. The train noise kept us up also
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
The grounds are spotless... the pool is great... the free happy hour and hot breakfast are a wonderful treat and the staff is very, very nice! The rooms are a little outdated... but we will absolutely stay there again!
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2013
Great for visiting kids at cal poly. Walking distance from dorms so kids can visit us at the hotel. Great happy hour!
1 night trip May 26, 2013