All hotels in Tyler, Texas, United States of America
3310 Troup Highway, Tyler, TX, 75701, United States of America, ‏‎855-241-5599

"Find any other hotel."
Old, filthy hotel with employees, especially the front desk clerk, who really must hate their job.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Would love to stay there again"
This was the first time we stayed there. I area was very nice. Close to restaurants. The employees at the hotel were very friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
kathy
"All the way to the end of the room, the bathing pl"
I was expecting the room to be something that would keep up or improve the hotel appearance. Disappointed with the bathroom's condition. I think they can do better. But overall a decent place.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Engjel
"think twice or don't expect much!"
this hotel is NOT remodeled like it says in its description! There may be new decorations, but it is just lipstick on a pig! The pool is falling apart and the door had a crack big enough to slip a ship through!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
Cheri
"Will Do for a Night"
The stay suited my need for the short time. (late arrival and early departure) Newly renovated referred to a fresh coat of paint and new furniture/linens. The outside door access allowed for a companion... the fly that wouldn't die. Had to sleep with the air conditioner off becuase the smell of mildew coming from it was so strong. (and my stay was in July... in Texas) I hated to ask for another room becuase it was late and I had already asked for another room after the first one had not been finished by housekeeping. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Towels and bedding were clean in the second room. The only roach I saw was dead. Other than the problem with the air, it was an acceptable place to stay at the price offerred.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Loud"
This hotel is LOUD! Don't expect to get much rest. You can hear everyone walking out side your door and talking. Also, I could hear everything the person in the next room was saying b/c the door adjoining them had a huge gap at the bottom.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Ashley
"Review"
The shower and toilet leaked making loud noises through the night. There was something very strange in the sink when I woke the next morning. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Aileen
"Mold"
My room had a black mold problem. The hotel staff did seem to not be aware of it and promptly moved me to another room, but it was not the same accommodations i paid for. The pillows were not confortable and rooms were humid causing the bed sheets to feel damp.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2015
"Jill great/ Room needs much work!!"
Jill in the lobby was excellent! She deserves extra kudos for being so helpful to me!!!!! But the refrigerator did not work, used bar of soap left in the shower, bag of half eaten chips under my bed, light bulbs out, drawer on large desk fell apart on me ( it needs some nails!), and no stopper in the bath to take a bath! The bed was very comfortable!
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
kathy
"Nice hotel with a great location."
My only complaint was the wifi network wasn't working and we needed it.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Beautiful garden area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Lou
"Comfortable hotel"
Nice hotel. Pool was in need of attention even though not in season. Green water a turn off got this guest.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Average hotel"
It has been remodeled, but it isn't anything special. Not worth the full price. If I hadn't received cheaper rate from Expedia, it wouldn't be worth it.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
J. Ann
"Misleading"
This place did not have restaurant or bar as advertised, very misleading.
"Stay away!!!"
Staff was very friendly. My young son found condoms in nightstand drawer. The shore above was leaking, hence we could not take a bath or shower, and it was moldy!!! It gave me the creeps to even take off my shoes after seeing all this!!!
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Rooms not ready upon arrival (6pm)"
Hotel was ok. Upon arrival at 6p, our room, and at least 2 others in our group, was not ready. Front desk said 2 housekeepers called in sick that day. All rooms were ready when we arrived back at the property after dinner (830p). Breakfast was ready and plentiful the next morning, so that was a plus.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Average Hotel."
It was fine.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the stay. Only wish the room had a small refrigerator and better plug ins for phone/iPad/laptop charging.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Robin
"OK for an overnite stay"
The rooms was given a facelift. New carpets, furniture, curtains. But clearly its a motel 6 hotel. There are 3 separate buildings where the rooms are. The main reception is a separate building. The free breakfast is horrible. I can only drink the coffee. But you got what you paid for.
Victoria
"Get what you pay for..."
Older accommodations that could use some modernization but it was clean. The included breakfast was pretty bad...egg omelet was frozen hard on the inside...wasn't microwaved enough I suppose. People were friendly.
"Horrible"
The room was filthy and gross
Jasaka
"Yuck, yuck and more yuck."
We were moved to this "hotel" as our reservations at a different property were somehow misplaced. Let's be clear, this is not a hotel, it's a MOTEL. You drive up to your room and you enter the room from the outside. Had my husband not been with me, I would have moved to another hotel. We were told that our room would be comparable to the hotel that our original reservation was made for - 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa in a suite-like room to accommodate our family of 5. The room we were given had 2 queen beds, but it was a small standard layout room with the vanity outside of the bathroom. Previous reviews said that the hotel had been updated, but we must have been given a non-updated room (275). It was rundown, dark and dirty looking. The linens seemed clean enough, but the room overall was straight out of the 80s. There was mold and filth in the bathroom and hair in the shower. Even our 8-year old BOY thought it was gross. The lights didn't work properly and we couldn't open the curtains without exposing ourselves to anyone that might walk by the room (I would expect that there would at least be sheers for privacy, but there weren't). The phone didn't work at all (couldn't call the front desk from the room). The walls of the hotel were paper thin. You could hear EVERYTHING said in the room next door or outside the room. The only nice thing I can say about the place is that the lobby was nice - it had obviously been updated. We would never stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
My stay here has been great. The outside is a bit older but inside the room is much better. I got a king, non smoking room and was very pleased here. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. Not too big and not too flat. I requested a fridge and microwave (at no extra charge) my first night here. Unfortunately it took 3 requests to finally get them but the staff was so friendly and professional the entire time so it wasn't that big of a deal. The hotel is also situated around so many restaurants and about 5 minutes from the mall. If I ever come back to Tyler, this is where I'll be staying.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Roxanna
"An overnight stay"
I was there because my son was having surgery the next morning. When I checked my account the next day I was overcharged. I called and some when Denise the manager. She told me that the price I booked it for on Hotel.com changed since I booked it and I was being charged the new price. That's unacceptable because when I booked it I was locked in at that price. I was refunded the difference but her response left a bad taste in my mouth. Even though my stay was a good stay, I wouldn't stay again for that alone.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Audrey
"My Recent Stay was Positive"
We needed an overnight room close to Trinity Mother Francis Hospital. This hotel was a perfect place. It was priced reasonable, the staff was extremely accommodating, and the hot breakfast (especially the crisp bacon) was great. I would stay there again.
"Bad experience"
They gave another guest our room while we were still there. A guy tried to go in our room @ 7:00am with the key they gave him in the lobby. They forgot to check us in on that room and were trying to give it to someone else. The bar was open till 2:00am and they kept us up.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, newly remodeled, very friendly staff."
Nice hotel, newly remodeled and a friendly staff.
"Will stay again."
We needed a room last minute and this place was closest to our venue with a decent price. I gave a high rating because of the cleanliness, the friendly service, and the free hot breakfast that was fresh with a server present. The only complaint that I have is no fault of the staff. The walls were incredibly thin. You could hear discussions in rooms on every side of you. We could hear electronics beeping in neighboring rooms. We were ok with it because we are heavy sleepers but it could be a problem.
Tiffanie
"Terrible Place to Stay"
heater was broken; they fixed it and it broke again...so I was cold for two straight nights...the water spewed everywhere and the place is generally painted over and old. The hutch where the tv sits has dresser drawers in the bottom, but only one was there - the others were knocked out...awful place for $100 a night.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"great place - scenic"
they could not find out res. at the desk through hotels.com, but the staff was friendly, it was a nice atmosphere, good breakfast bar, pretty scenery, clean room.. very good hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Not quite there yet."
I realize that they just re-opened and are still in the process of refurbishing. However the person who was there at checkin did not really seem to have a grasp of proper checkin procedures. (I used to work as desk clerk.) There was also no info in the room as to when or where breakfast was served, no map of where vending or ice machines would be. Beds were hard, but very clean. Potentially a great place to stay again with a little more work and training.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Nikki
"Not as it seems"
This facility is clean, quiet and located close to ETMC where we were visiting. However, beware. The photos give the impression of a high rise upscale hotel and conference center. As it turns out, the photos are of the lobby, bar and dinning area located at the front of the property. Driving around to find your room you will notice that it is not much more than a Motel 6 because the motel is a two story with all outside access rooms.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
"Excellent Hotel with a Reasonable Price"
I was very pleased with this hotel during my last trip to Tyler. It had been completely renovated within a month of my stay. The room was well done, clean and comfortable. The bed and pillows were excellent and we all slept quite well. The hotel is nicely tucked in among a number of businesses and restaurants, making it convenient to a number of nice places to eat. Since it is an older hotel, it's design is from a time when aesthetics mattered. It is built so that all the rooms face a center area with a view of the pool and lots of trees ... it is a very nice view tucked in among so many other businesses. I didn't have to ask for much from the staff but when I did I found them to be friendly and eager to help and make sure our stay was comfortable. The breakfast was not quite on par with that provided in many other hotels where I've stayed. But, I'm not really a big breakfast person anyway so I am not complaining about it and it won't affect my rating. But, if you are a big breakfast person the one provided here does not provide as many options as those I've seen in other hotels. All in all, my stay at the Magnuson was great and the price was more than reasonable. I will not hesitate to stay here again on my next trip to Tyler.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Harvey
for us, the hotel was a perfect location, since we were there for a loved one in the hospital. The room was very clean and loved the furnishings. Our morning breakfast was bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, juices and the coffee was a great start before our hospital visit that day. We learned that the new owners had only had it for a few months, and are remodeling. Everything is new. We will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Terry
"Tyler"
Extremely quiet and very clean.
1 night business trip Nov 22, 2014
MARK
"Quiet Location"
A quiet little setting amongst the busy streets of the 323 Loop. Thanks, I needed that.
Doggie
"Would stay again!!!"
Very clean rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast, comfy beds. Happy with my two day stay. Would and will stay again. Price was also very cheap.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
D
"ok place"
fine
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"Trip to Tyler"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Wonderful breakfast. Wonderful facilities and beautiful grounds.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2014
Jane
"Remodeled hotel a hit!"
Great place to stay. Staff was friendly and helpful! The owner is very involved in day to day operations. He was professional and cordial. Couldn't have a nicer hot breakfast at a motel! We will stay there again soon!
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Lori
"We will be back!"
This Hotel is an older property but, party due to this, the grounds are beautiful. The mature trees are beautiful, the pool was immaculate and even had a handicap lift, the hot breakfast buffet was very good and the dining room pleasant and big, the Front Desk employees couldn't be more polite and helpful, the hotel was quiet, beds were comfortable, and the little extra touches in the room were first class. This Hotel is under new ownership and you can tell the new owners are taking great pride in this property. All this for at a very reasonable price! We will be back!
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Carol McPheron
"Nice and updated"
Stayed there with my family for 3 days. It was recently remodeled and clean. The manager was extremely helpful and went beyond to make sure all of our needs were met. If you have any issues contact him.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
Very old hotel Nothing worked in the room - no phone, no safe etc
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014

"Big Test Day"
I was there to take my USMLE at the local testing center so I needed a room for the night before. Hotel room was very clean, comfortable, and it was next door to the prometric testing center.
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2014