All hotels in Tyler, Texas, United States of America

Great amenities
    Comfortable
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
Staff was amazing, hotel was clean, room was awesome, could not have felt more welcomed.
1 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2016
Vickie
"Don't do it!"
Noooo! Don't do it! It's a trick! The pics look good, the price is reasonable BUT it is so NASTY!! The lobby and bar were obviously the only thing remodeled. When we walked in room 110 it smelled like a dog or three had been there for a while, the paint and Sheetrock was bubbled and falling off the wall. Water wasn't real hot, etc. The only reason I didn't leave is because it was already midnight and I was too exhausted and I booked over Internet w no refund. It had 4 out of 5 stars on Hotels.com., which I do not understand. After I got here I realized it's the place that housed Charly'Os back in the early 80's. It would be nice if Hotels.com would put American owned on listing. This place is NOT....
1 night trip with friends Jan 21, 2016
Christi
Great place for great price
1 night trip Jan 15, 2016
Clint
"Hide away"
My stay was great an quite. Staff was very friendly. My only concern was water was not very hot. But my stay there was excellent
2 night trip Jan 5, 2016
"Hidden Getaway"
Great place to stay in Tyler, TX. Free breakfast and full bar at nights. The customer service was excellent.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Ronnell
"Christmas"
We were there for Christmas with my family. Hotel is extremely convenient. Beds were too hard for my liking, but that is normal for most hotels. Very good breakfast.
2 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Nikki
Good bang for buck and quiet
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Maria l
"Feeling blessed after one good nights sleep"
I was being stalked by my Spode and the front office attendant was amazing about moving me to a new room so I could have uninterrupted privacy to work, rest and relax. It was a really pleasant week ant thanks to her, I wish I could thank her, that was the first time I have slept through the night since October and it was really nice.
2 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Angela
Hotel was fantastic, service was phenomenal, only drawback was the hair dryer not working.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
WESLEY
"THEY WILL STEAL UR MONEY, TRUST ME!!!!!!!"
THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!! Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT stay at this hotel! My family and I were on an overnight trip checking out TYLER for a possible relocation. We got in fairly late and had been traveling long hours in the care with our dog, puppy and cat in the cars with us. We knew there was a $50 per pet charge so decided the animals would be ok in there crates with the windows cracked for the short night we were planning to be there. Upon our arrival, we of course unpacked our car and allowed our animals to walk around stretch, potty and eat and before they were crated (in the cars) for the night. APPARENTLY and according to manager Mike Nasser our puppy ran into our room at some point. SOOOO, this was HIS justification for charging my credit card an ADDITIONAL $225.00, on top of their rate of $90/night. I might add, I was NOT confronted about their claim that "An animal was in our room"! They didnt question me, ask me what the deal was or anything. Just kept it all secretive and charged my card. When I finally saw the charge, 2 days later, and called to question the charge, the manager, Mike Nasser, told me I was lying. I mean the idiot flat out called me a liar on the phone and then hung up on me when I got angry. I am furious and disgusted and tbh have NEVER been treated this badly or had to deal with anyone this unprofessional in a position of authority. AGAIN, I repeat... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
1 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Angela
"Pleasant stay"
Check in fast, friendly, and courteous. Room very clean, king bed very comfortable....could have used another 2 pillows as my husband & I like to sit up in bed reading/watching tv. When we first turned on the heat, blower seemed to blow some dust out, but it didn't last (maybe fan hadn't been on in a while). Since our room was on the "beaten path" we could hear people passing by until around midnight. Breakfast was good. When we were leaving the next morning, upon checking out we reported smelling a gas smell right outside the room, and management went to check on it immediately. We did not smell it earlier when going to breakfast.
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Kathleen
"Nice last minute stay in Tyler"
Simple one night stay in Tyler. I had stayed in this facility some years ago. Obvious there had been a lot of updating done recently. Received cordial greeting upon arrival. When I advised the clerk I much preferred a ground floor room I was very quickly accommodated. Breakfast wasn't fancy but cooked fresh - not just thawed or reheated. Will certainly give preference to Magnusson Grand next time I am in Tyler, especially considering the value.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
"Tyler, Texas"
The breakfast was great and the service couldn't be better. I actually met the owner and I believe this hotel will get better and better.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2015
Deborah
"Top Class Accomodations"
Tucked away amidst beautiful landscape, just off the main highway, the Magnuson Grand Hotel seems a well-kept secret of hospitality in Tyler. Though rooms do not have microwave or refrigerator (standard for most hotels of its class), there is a full-service bar and plenty of eateries within walking distance. Service was superb! Complimentary breakfast was fantastic - REAL EGGS and sausage, with waffles made by staff (not self-serve)! Room access is not through a central lobby, which I rather liked.
1 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Kyle
The web site said it was newly renovated. NOT even close!!!!!
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Late room"
Paid for two rooms thru hotels.com. When we arrived at 1:30 was told it showed I only paid for one. Showed receipt on phone. That was fixed. Told me rooms would be ready later they would text me. Came back at 4-4-30 maybe 5 only one room ready. Ran my card again. Week later still haven't got credit. My second room got a text at 7:30 at night that it was ready. Really? I'm sitting at bar drinking a glass of wine. Is this normal? To deliver rooms so late? Other than that this please was perfect
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Sonia
"Love this hotel"
This hotel is great for the price!!! The breakfast buffet is outstanding. The staff is super friendly!! I will be staying again.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2015
gary
"Omg. Not a hotel! This is a motel!"
This is not a hotel! Hotels have inside rooms!!! This was a motel and they charged us more opon arrival!!! Tiny parking spaces, no room to turn around and breakfast was horrible!
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
amanda
The hotel was very run down. The lock did not work to our door unless you were inside the room and used the dead bolt. I did not feel safe, and I could not leave any belongings inside the room when we went to dinner. We called the front desk, they assured us maintenance would fix the problem while we were out; we returned to the same situation, nothing was fixed.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
"Find any other hotel."
Old, filthy hotel with employees, especially the front desk clerk, who really must hate their job.
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Not a 2 or 3 star hotel."
This place is in a very nice setting and is in a relatively convenient location. However, we would not stay there again or recommend it. Our first room smelled of urine and the air conditioner was on the fritz so we got another room. It didn't have any bad odors and had a new A/C unit. However that first night as we tried to shower, we discovered there was no shower curtain. This was corrected the next day. Our breakfast was also disappointing. We didn't enjoy the instant eggs and the sausage was pretty bad. In addition to these problems, we had a neighbor making a lot of noise both at bed time and when they got up. The moved a bench from another location to right out front of their door so they could sit outside and eat and talk, disturbing yet again. The staff did resolve the noise of that first night, but it happened again the second night.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
"Would love to stay there again"
This was the first time we stayed there. I area was very nice. Close to restaurants. The employees at the hotel were very friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
kathy
"All the way to the end of the room, the bathing pl"
I was expecting the room to be something that would keep up or improve the hotel appearance. Disappointed with the bathroom's condition. I think they can do better. But overall a decent place.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Engjel
Here for work, staff was very friendly and great restaurants you can walk to. Has a great cozy bar and can have food delivered to bar too. Will definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
Josh
"think twice or don't expect much!"
this hotel is NOT remodeled like it says in its description! There may be new decorations, but it is just lipstick on a pig! The pool is falling apart and the door had a crack big enough to slip a ship through!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
Cheri
"Will Do for a Night"
The stay suited my need for the short time. (late arrival and early departure) Newly renovated referred to a fresh coat of paint and new furniture/linens. The outside door access allowed for a companion... the fly that wouldn't die. Had to sleep with the air conditioner off becuase the smell of mildew coming from it was so strong. (and my stay was in July... in Texas) I hated to ask for another room becuase it was late and I had already asked for another room after the first one had not been finished by housekeeping. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Towels and bedding were clean in the second room. The only roach I saw was dead. Other than the problem with the air, it was an acceptable place to stay at the price offerred.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Breakfast was only fair: mattress was hard. Beautiful setting and quiet!
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Very nice pool area."
Nice setting and enjoyed the location with plenty of good places to eat that were close by. Would certainly stay again.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Hidden jewel"
Value, location, comfort. Update the bath rooms a bit more (bottom to top) & you have an A+! Lived the out door pool & the lovely grounds & sitting spaces! So tired of indoor pools & the chemical odors. Your outdoor pic sold me! Look forward to the workout room that is coming! Next go, just buy a headboard & toss the footboard & TV cabinet. Waste of space. But you are on the right track! Would definitely stay again!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Loud"
This hotel is LOUD! Don't expect to get much rest. You can hear everyone walking out side your door and talking. Also, I could hear everything the person in the next room was saying b/c the door adjoining them had a huge gap at the bottom.
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
Ashley
"nice hotel in town"
it was clean, comfortable. very very nice staff. very nice all around.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Safe and quiet but really low budget."
I would say this is the same as any other low budget motel. The rooms are small and not updated, at least mine wasn't. It was okay for a one night last minute stay, but this isn't somewhere I would normally stay. It was quiet and the area feels safe. The staff was excellent and breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Anya
"Decent but not very clean."
Room was ok. Some of the outlets didn't work. Trash cans were not cleaned. Outside traffic was annoying but out of hotel'a control.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Review"
The shower and toilet leaked making loud noises through the night. There was something very strange in the sink when I woke the next morning. I would not recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Aileen
"Mold"
My room had a black mold problem. The hotel staff did seem to not be aware of it and promptly moved me to another room, but it was not the same accommodations i paid for. The pillows were not confortable and rooms were humid causing the bed sheets to feel damp.
2 night trip Jun 12, 2015
"Would not stay here again"
The hotel advertised newly remodeled but it appears to have spent its remodeling budget on the lobby and main area. The room was in poor condition, the toilet ran constantly and the tub had a constant drip. I awoke to feces appearing dropping in the sink. I will say the mattress was in good condition and comfortable. I informed the front desk of my experience and not even given an apology.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Aileen
Original room not as advertised 2nd room much better one room over due to leak in first room
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Very nice place to stay near UT Tyler"
Nice, quiet, comfortable place to stay, conveniently located close to town and UT Tyler. We will stay there again the next time we are in town.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
This hotel is a little older but well taken care of!! The rooms are larger than most hotels. The bed is so comfortable! We were very pleased and plan to stay here again.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Not a good experience"
Stayed here two nights for our daughters graduation. Outside appearances can be deceiving. First night, TV Didn't work and noticed what looked like black mold in the corner above vanity. Reported this to manager the next morning as we were leaving for the morning. Came back, mold was gone and looked as if corner had been repainted. Went to lunch and graduation, came back to use pool but was told they had treated it that day and although it was safe to swim, there were a lot of chemicals in the water. We chose not to take the chance. Went back to our room and still no Tv, although management said they had changed the cables, etc and had fixed it. Ended up spending $50 on board games, etc. to keep younger child occupied. Woke up Saturday morning with the vanity and everything on it soaking wet, including my new Michael Kors $400 purse- not happy at all! Water was leaking from the corner above the vanity, into the light fixture and had soaked everything. Hubby had had enough and went to management who apologized for everything, comped both nights, and offered 2 additional nights to make up for our experience. Discussing with the hubby on whether or not we want to endure the experience again, or give them the benefit of the doubt and hope the issues are resolved. Everyone we dealt with at the hotel was very polite, professional, and accommodating under the circumstances.
2 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"Jill great/ Room needs much work!!"
Jill in the lobby was excellent! She deserves extra kudos for being so helpful to me!!!!! But the refrigerator did not work, used bar of soap left in the shower, bag of half eaten chips under my bed, light bulbs out, drawer on large desk fell apart on me ( it needs some nails!), and no stopper in the bath to take a bath! The bed was very comfortable!
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
kathy
"Nice hotel with a great location."
My only complaint was the wifi network wasn't working and we needed it.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Beautiful garden area. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Lou
"Comfortable hotel"
Nice hotel. Pool was in need of attention even though not in season. Green water a turn off got this guest.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Average hotel"
It has been remodeled, but it isn't anything special. Not worth the full price. If I hadn't received cheaper rate from Expedia, it wouldn't be worth it.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
J. Ann
"Misleading"
This place did not have restaurant or bar as advertised, very misleading.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Stay away!!!"
Staff was very friendly. My young son found condoms in nightstand drawer. The shore above was leaking, hence we could not take a bath or shower, and it was moldy!!! It gave me the creeps to even take off my shoes after seeing all this!!!
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Rooms not ready upon arrival (6pm)"
Hotel was ok. Upon arrival at 6p, our room, and at least 2 others in our group, was not ready. Front desk said 2 housekeepers called in sick that day. All rooms were ready when we arrived back at the property after dinner (830p). Breakfast was ready and plentiful the next morning, so that was a plus.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Average Hotel."
It was fine.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the stay. Only wish the room had a small refrigerator and better plug ins for phone/iPad/laptop charging.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015