All hotels in Tyler, Texas, United States of America

1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Magnuson Hotel and Conference Center Tyler

"Wonderful residential like, landscaped setting, near many restaurants."
08/31/15 Donald S
The Magnuson is a wonderful place to spend a day, a week or more. Recently remodeled, much of the rich wood decor was maintained. The grounds are awesome, rolling and tree covered, pleasant on the hottest summer days. We walked to several nearby restaurants, and a short drive to many more. All at the right price. Definitely recommend to visiting friends, family and business associates.
"good value"
08/12/15 cho90501 Torrance, California
Booked through hotwire and they picked this hotel for me. When I got there, the nice lady at the front desk could not find me in the system. I gave here a copy of the hotwire receipt and she took care of that. The hotel used to be Ramada Inn. The room I was in (facing pool and the bar) was a bit old, but good value for the price. The air conditioned unit is at the front of the room and it does make some noise when running. The door does not seal completely, so the noise would come into the room. Toiletries: soap bars and shampoo. Hair dryer is wall-mounted travel size and there is iron and board. TV is the newer flat screen with many channels. Breakfast is typical with scrambled egg, broiled eggs, breakfast size meat patty and the chef made me sausages and freshly made waffle. Coffee, milk, orange juice and apple juice are available with cereal and yogurt. I also saw biscuits with gravy, toast, muffins and bagel. Apples and bananas were the fruits. Currently there is no fitness center as it was converted to a bar with pool table. Beers, wine, and liquor were available. Italian restaurant and a Corner Bakery are next to the hotel. There is a Texas Roadhouse serving steaks and ice cold draft beer with all you can eat peanuts. The food was ok, but you can't beat the ice cold beer with peanuts. Wifi signal in my room was weak, but I had not problem connecting and the speed was ok. For the price that I've got from hotwire, this hotel is a good value. I cannot say enough about how friendly the hotel staffs were. The hotel staff told me the remodeling is underway and invited me to come back again.
"Attentive "
08/06/15 AD J
The hotel management made sure our conference had clean facilities, the bathrooms were well staffed, and in the Texas 100 degrees outside, the conference rooms were nice and cool inside! Great! The guests enjoyed a lovely breakfast, too!
"Nice Stay"
08/04/15 WhereverYouleadme Shreveport, Louisiana
A coworker and I stayed here overnight. It's a little hard to see from the road. Check in went smoothly and the employee was kind. The rooms are spacious and clean. I did find a bug in my sink. It could use some repairs. The carpet had an iron mark and the bathroom had been patched up. Overall, I would stay again. It's worth the price
"Quaint, large rooms.. Used to be a Ramada property through wyndham"
07/25/15 karenroberts Hawkins
Went on spur of moment after bad experience at another hotel in Tyler.. very accomadating, new owners, given lower price at check in for hospital visit.. free breakfast, fabulous tree shaded grounds, close to everything but far away from main roads,,, no noise. Older property is being renovated but not to the point of disturbing people. Great pool area, friendly staff is great.. all the way around! Bar area and outdoor seating by the pool area... has restaurant on property..the only down side I could see is there a lot of stairs from parking area to get to room,, 1 or 2 story rooms.. they need to put in some hand rails on the way to the ice machine otherwise you have to walk clear around the property to avoid a large , roughly laid flat rock sidewalk...decorative wood handrails would look very nice to blend in with the outdoor settings.. also would not hurt to put a few more picnic tables out on the grass under the big trees...take advantage of nice nights in summer and days in spring in fall,, pool hangout great for summer,, lots of sun and shade areas!!
"Great place for a family reunion"
07/20/15 Leslie D Houston, Texas
This hotel met our family's needs for our annual gathering. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us! We had use of the beautiful grounds for games, a large pool for all of us, and the breakfast buffet was fresh and had enough variety to please everyone. The hotel is older, but it has been kept up very well, and the rooms were comfortable. We brought our pet and enjoyed having a large area to walk her around in. Some of our older members would have liked having an elevator to get to their room on the 2nd floor, but the hotel was able to move those who couldn't manage the stairs onto the 1st floor. We will book here again!
"Family reunion"
07/19/15 John M McPherson, Kansas
Staff was very pleasant and friendly from the first phone call to the time of check out. We were there for a family reunion in which there were about 45 of us. Staff really helped us out with tables out side. Can't thank Mike and the rest of the staff enough. The rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable. They allow pets. Will stay there again when in the area.
"Family Reunion"
07/19/15 Kenneth E
Let me start by saying this... Many otels try to give great service and most do a fairly good job, however most miss the mark when it comes to getting to know you, I mean really personally get to know their guests, their needs, wants, and special requirements. Magnuson Hotel in Tyler did just that. We had our Family Reunion July 17-19, 2015 at this facility. I was in charge of this years reunion. I worked with Tamara during the planning and up to the day of departure. She was FANTASTIC!!!! Mike the GM was extremely helpful and very courteous. The entire staff was very very very nice! Facilities were clean, comfortable, and convenient. The staff went over the top for us. We had several events (washers,darts, and dominoes as well as board games). Mike and his crew moved tables for us, set up dart boards, entertained and regularly checked in on us to ensure we were MORE than satisfied!! We had 48 people in our group and I did not hear a single negative from anyone. I would/will recommend this place to anyone. Thank You Magnuson Hotel Tyler for creating such a positive environment for our family to have such a great time and create more Family memories! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
"It's Ok but not Great"
07/06/15 TomFromBellaire Bellaire, Texas
We spent the night here while travelling. While I was checking in, I asked if they had any luggage carts. They did not and I started to wonder about the place but learned that this is the old style motel where you can park right outside your room. The rooms and grounds were clean but even though they apparently had a renovation, the place was worn. The bathrooms were dated and worn ( our sink was cracked and discolored ). The air conditioner did come on and off frequently which did disturb my sleep. Other than that the hotel was nice. The staff was friendly and the breakfast average. The grounds were the best part.... trees, pool and lawn. This would have been a great hotel thirty years ago. The price was alright but not a bargain.
"Went for the pool! "
07/05/15 nurldc Glenn Heights, Texas
The Tyler, Texas, Magnuson has alot going for it. The staff is welcoming and gracious. The grounds are beautiful and so are the rooms in this remodeled conference center hotel. The pool gets 5 stars. Partially shaded and BIG by todays standards; there was more than enough room for my 3 grandchildren to have fun. Securing a nice place with a good-sized pool was our goal, so goal met! But be aware travellers; 1) these rooms do not have microwaves or refrigerators. It put a kink in our plans, as I didn't notice when I made the reservation. 2) The armoire doors do not open and swing to the back. It's ridiculous. Your path across the end of the bed is obstructed and you must be in bed to see the TV. Our toilet did not flush well from the beginning. A maintenance worker was supposed to deal with it while we out and did not. It did not flush at all by the time we came back. There was also a large soaked wet area in front of the sink that never did dry out. In all fairness, on our way out, a manager asked about our stay, and then gave his card for a free night some other time. We went for the pool and it didn't disappoint.