All hotels in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States of America
250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Hwy 17, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Great location, great place to stay."
Great location and great experience. Will certainly stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Bryan, Thank for taking the time to write a review. I will be delighted to have you as our guest again. I am glad you benefited from our location and had a great experience while here. Hope to see you again soon.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Bryan
"New yeas eve"
The bathroom door to the room we were staying in was missing the bottom hinge. Whenever we tried to open or close the door, it sounded like a gun going off. Other than that, the bathroom had bath and body works shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Everything was super clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you for your feedback. It is always appreciated when guests inform us of any problems they experience. This helps us continue to improve. I was delighted to read that despite the problem with the door, you did find the bathroom to be clean. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Ok but not great."
Great location! Easy access to downtown and some great beaches. However, the Internet didn't work and the heating cooling unit in my room made horrible noises. Not exactly the Holiday Inn standard I expected.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I want to apologize for issues you had with the internet and the HVAC unit. I am glad you were able to benefit from our convenient location. Thank you again for the feedback and for having been our guest.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"Worth It"
Nice enough if you don't want to pay downtown prices. We took this to save a little and pretty much get what you pay for. Hotel is clean, but you can tell it's been renovated. Hides, and not always very well, the old warm out with a fresh coat of paint. The AC somewhat resembles a blow dryer every 15minutes. Overall the staff was friendly and very helpful. They had a list of all reataurants close by that were open for the thanksgiving holiday, even listed the times closed. Very helpful on our late night arrival this thanksgiving. The hotel itself felt secure and clean. My only real complaint where the pot smokers next door; but then again, you can't choose your neighbors. Safe, clean, close to down town. Relatively comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveler, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback regarding your stay. I want to apologize that you endured guests that were violating the nonsmoking policy. I am delighted that overall you appeared to be satisfied with your accommodations. Your comments were appreciated, and I hope you plan to stay with us again.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
The hotel stay was very comfortable and it is close to the downtown area - only a 7 minute drive
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveler, I appreciate your feedback. I am delighted you were satisfied with your accommodations and the convenient location. We look forward to the opportunity of having you as our guest again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Can't bear the price."
This was a fast In and out an this hotel Met each expectation. Great location w access to shooing and transportation.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear William, Thank you for writing a review for us. I am delighted to read that we met all your expectations. I hope you intend to plan another trip to the area soon.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
"Felt like home."
Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant were extremely friendly and helpful. we have not had such a pleasant experience in some of the much more upschale hotels we have stayed at. We would definitly stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Joseph, Thank you so very much for your review. We are so excited that you were so pleased with the service you received from our hard working staff. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2014
"My Pleasant"
Great location close to all the attractions. Much nicer place to stay thsn North Charleston.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you for your review. I am so glad you found our location convenient to site seeing. We look forward to serving you again.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Good location but cust. service/housekeeping awful"
The location was good, five minutes from downtown, but the front desk staff had zero personality. Was given a room with 2 doubles even though I paid for a king. Bed was hard as a rock. Had to ask to have my cable checked because it was out for 1.5 of the 4 days I was there, and the girl acted like it was an inconvenience to deal with me, even though I was very polite about it. It was fixed for a couple hours and then went out again. I could overlook all that, but the housekeeping here was atrocious. I was there FOUR nights and not ONCE were my sheets changed. They left used soap and washcloths in the tub and hung up the dirty towels is left on the floor to be taken away. Who the hell is going to reuse a dirty towel that was on the floor?? And then, here's the real kicker, one morning they just opened my door without knocking or announcing themselves. And then she just backed out without even apologizing. I was so shocked I didn't even have a chance to say anything. It was 9 in the morning, obviously they should have assumed there was someone in the room before just barging in. Wouldn't stay again, for the amount I paid ( which was exorbitant for just a Holiday Inn that wasn't even downtown) I expected much better service.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear CHSvisitor, I regret to read of your experiences during your stay. I am deeply shocked at the lack of concern from the front desk and the inconsiderateness of the housekeeping staff. Let me wholeheartedly apologize to you. Rest assured that your review will be shared with the entire staff, and policies will be put into place to ensure another guest does not have the same experience. Thank you so much for providing feedback. While this review wasn't pleasant to read, it does help us to improve. Thank you again.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
CHSvisitor
"Holiday Inn Feedback"
Had little choice but to stay at this location due to other hotels being booked. If an option, would not stay there again. It is an old location. Does not have large screen TVs in lounge area. No complimentary breakfast. Not a good value for the dollar.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Mr. Tooley, Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you were dissatisfied with your stay. We are an older property, but we take pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our hotel. You are correct in that we do not offer a complimentary breakfast as that is not the brand standard for Holiday Inns because of the full service restaurants on site. Again, I do appreciate your feedback. I hope you will consider staying with us again.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Greig Tooley
The odor in the rooms were unbearable. Room 338 and room 438
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Jessica Yarber, Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay with us. I thoroughly apologize that you found your rooms to have an unbearable odor. I am not sure if you reported this while you were here, but we certainly could have moved you to a more comfortable room. We want our guests to be satisfied, and it bothers me that you left with a negative opinion of the property. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Jessica Yarber
Great stay!!
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Walter, Thank you for your review! I am so happy you had a great stay with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Walter
"Good location, however difficult to reach"
Hotel nice, restaurant staff and service very poor
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear verified traveler, Thank you for your review. I am glad you found the hotel to be nice. I do want to apologize for the service you received in the restaurant. We are working very hard to improve the service in this area, and do hope you will return to stay with us to see those improvements.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Dump- Like all Holiday Inns"
I had to stay in extra night in the area, and this was the only "decent" hotel available that wasn't $300 a night. Just as you would expect from any Holiday Inn, express or not: OLD. Smelly. dirty carpet. no fridge. Small TV. Slow elevators, pealing wall paper. Needs a face lift in the worst way, not sure why anyone would stay here unless you just had to.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your feedback. I do regret to read that you have a poor opinion of Holiday Inns in general. However, I do appreciate your honesty and we will take your comments to heart. It will only drive us to continue to improve. Thank you again for your time.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
Traveler
"Small room"
The room is smaller than what is appears online and not a prettier as shown . The bar however is exactly the way is appear very nice and the bartender makes excellent drinks. You would love the bar for sure.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear chelle, Thank you for providing feedback. I do apologize that the room was not what you expected. I am glad however that you enjoyed your time at the bar and the service received from the bartender. Again, thank you.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
chelle
"Conveniently located"
This is an older facility, but the interior was well-kept. The rooms were quiet and the beds comfortable. Everyone on staff was very friendly. The hot breakfast was a plus, as was our waitress, Yolanda.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear R. Turner, I want to wholeheartedly thank you for your review. Yolanda will be so excited when I show her your comments. She, and everyone in the restaurant works really hard, so the fact you enjoyed your breakfast will make them so happy. I am glad your accommodations were quiet and comfortable. I hope you are planning another visit soon.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
R. Turner
"Very nice place to stay."
Great place to stay and a great location. I will be staying there again. The only things that we felt were below standard to us was they cleaned our room one day and left all of our dirty towels in front of our door so when we got back to the room we were greeted by dirty towels. I called the front desk and they retrieved them real quick. The hotel had a resturant and the breakfast was delicious just real slow. So if you are in a hurry in the morning do not eat there. It seemed that the lady that took our order was so slow she must of been the one who cooked it too because we never saw here again until our food was brought. So don't think about getting a refill on any drinks. And this is when there were only 5 tables occupied in the whole place.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Julie, Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. All things mentioned has been discussed with the prospective departments. I am delighted that despite the hiccups, you do intend to stay with us again, as you appeared to have enjoyed your stay overall. We certainly look forward to your next visit.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Clean room, good service, perfect for our stay
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Bud, I am so glad we provided you with the essentials of clean accommodations and good customer service. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.
3 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Bud
We enjoyed our stay and will come to this hotel again when we are in town
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Anonymous, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay and plan to be a return guest. We look forward to your next visit.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Great hotel!"
Nice staff and absolutely clean!
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear alyb, Thank You for your review. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. I am glad to see you noticed our housekeeping staffs hard work keeping the hotel clean.
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
alyb
"Beach trip"
This hotel was perfectly positioned for a beach trip my fiance and I took to Isle of Palms. It was very clean, had a nice bathroom and comfortable bed, and was very accommodating. Some of the service in the hotel itself was a bit comical. When I went to the bar downstairs to order my fiance a glass of red wine, the bartender did not know how to open a new wine bottle. I literally had to teach her how to use a corkscrew. And when we had breakfast in the dining room the morning after, we had to wait about 30 minutes for our food to come out. But when it did, it was good, and we were willing to let it roll off our shoulders because we were in a good mood and going to the beach. So outside of some poorly trained kitchen and bar staff, all in all, it's a good joint.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Mike, Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday inn Mount Pleasant. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room. As for the issues you had with our restaurant/bar staff I have met with my food and beverage manager to address the issues to make sure this does not happen in the future.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Functional, near Charleston, maybe for one night"
Nice hotel. But reception staff were far from welcoming, both when I arrived late evening and even worse when I checked out. I tried to make conversation with the guy on duty in the morning, but he clearly did not want to talk to me, in fact he was far more interested in talking to his female colleague and another lady in reception at the time. Would I stay there again? Probably not. At $200 a night, definitely not
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
bubaq
"nice hotel"
The hotel recently made changes to it's policies so we did not get the breakfast as promised and now it is not pet friendly however they did let us bring our dogs since our reservation was made prior to the change date.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Janie, Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a little feedback about your experience at our property. I am happy that we could accommodate you even after our pet policy change.
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Janie
"Great location - close to downtown Charleston"
a very pleasant stay.....one of our better experiences with Charleston accommodations!
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Thank you for the review of the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Pete
"very close to Charleston and everything else."
I was disappointed that the room did not have a microwave or refridge. When I asked for the refridge, it was supplied, but not the microwave. Also expected free continental breakfast.With the price of the hotel, all of this should come standard
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear traveler, Thank you very much for your review of the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant, I am sorry you had issues during your time with us. We try very hard for all our guest to have a good experience and I am sorry we fell short in your case.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was nice. Breakfast was awful and overpriced. Don't bother eating there.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear traveler, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our staff here at the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
Aaron
Good experience except our room wasn't cleaned one day and on another the house keeper left our room unlocked after cleaning. Over all a good experience. Very clean and good location to everything.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Diana
"stay was very pleasant, very nice staff-clean room"
enjoyed stay very nice staff, clean room, easy parking
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Glad you had a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant. Thank You for recognizing our great staff.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
lisa
"Rough around the edges"
The staff was excellent. Beds comfortable. Great location. But...room had a musty and damp odor, sheets did not appear clean, construction noises with no notice, and freshening spray by housekeeping staff did no good. Will be hesitant to stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed your expectation. Your comments about housekeeping service has been noted and we will make the necessary adjustments to improve guest satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Pleasant Hotel near Charleston"
Upon arriving to this holiday inn, I was greeted by the friendly clerk. She was able to quickly check me in and inform me of the pool hours, breakfast and dinner times, as well as the bar hours. A short elevator ride later and I was in my room. The room looked and smelled clean, the bed was comfy, and the bathroom was tidy. The walls are well insulated as I could not hear people in the adjacent rooms and I could just barely hear doors closing down the hall. The cleaning staff don't start their rounds too early either. I forgot to put out the do not disturb sign but I was up and out before they got to my door. I don't have any complaints about this hotel. It's in a nicer part of town, close to shops and restaurants, and it's just a short drive away from downtown Charleston. The price is fair for how nice the room is and the location. For a 3 star hotel, I give this holiday inn a 4 out of 5! I will definitely visit again!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to downtown Charleston."
We went sightseeing in Charleston and went to local beaches in Mount Pleasant. We ate in Mount Pleasant because the prices we more reasonable and less congested.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Fantastic!!! Will definitely visit again!"
The entire experience was fantastic! The stay, the breakfast, the pool, the room was comfortable.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Sheila
"One night stay at Mt. Pleasant area"
Our stay was very enjoyable. The accommodations were very nice. We were very kindly greeted by the desk staff and processed in a very timely manner. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a stay in the area. It is very convenient to the many nice dinning establishments, and many of the major attractions in the area. The in house restaurant was extremely nice, with a very kind and helpful staff. Very good food.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Last minute stay"
It was a last minute stay and it worked out for my fiancé and I!
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Thank You for your review of the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant. Glad we could be of help to you in your last minute stay situation.
2 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant, SC"
The hotel was over all nice. Staff was courteous and professional. However the rooms did NOT have microwaves or a mini refrigerator in them. Won't be staying there again.
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Close to restaurants and museums. Very friendly."
Stayed for 3 days. Wait staff was very pleasant in restaurant. Only ate breakfast. Nice pool area. Would recommend this to anyone coming to Charleston for the first time.
Tammy
"Motel in good location"
My father, son and myself planned a family vacation. My family and I have been coming to Mt. Pleasant for several years. We have never stayed at this particular motel but due to the holiday weekend it was the best we could find. The motel was nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I was not happy with how you have to navigate out of the parking lot to get into town. The air conditioning was rather loud and the room felt very humid. The pool was very nice.
Tracy
"Great place to stay to visit Historic Charleston"
If you are visiting Historic Charleston but don't want to pay $$$ a night, this is the place, it's a quick hop over the bridge (literally the last entrance on the East to the first exit on the West) and less hectic than trying to find parking in Charleston. The hotel was nice and staff hospitable. Comfortable enough beds. Spacious rooms. Quiet. Bathrooms clean which is always a plus. We didn't have the opportunity to enjoy the amenities or breakfast so can't comment. My electronic keycard and cell phone did not get along so I was locked out twice so remember to keep them separate or your key will be deactivated. The only downside when we visited was the area was a bit under construction and our GPS was very confused (it had us on the southside of the highway) so the hotel was difficult to find at first.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Thank You for your review of the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant. I hope the next time you find yourself in the Mount Pleasant area you stay with us again and enjoy our wonderful breakfast and hotel amenities.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2014
Megan T.
"great place to stay"
Very clean , everyone there was very helpful , having the restaurant right there and bar was great,the pool was also a good place for relaxing.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Wonderful views of charleston bridge"
Had an awesome experience at the holiday in. Extremely reasonable in price and in a great location for all beaches or a day downtown
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Stuart
Room smelled musky! Staff friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Traveler, Thank You for reviewing the Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant. I will pass on the good word about our staff to them.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Great hotel close to beach."
Wonderfull staff, housekeeping was awesome and PJ at the bar was really sweet!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Tasha
"You get what you pay for."
This rooms were clean but the furnishing were a little old. The room a/c unit was a little bit loud, but the fan in bathroom would wake you up when you cut the light on. The pool was so dirty with trash and insects that we stopped going after the second day.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Nice hotel, convenient to parks and downtown"
Enjoyed the courtyard pool area with the family. The hotel stay was overall good, and A/C worked great in our room. Recently updated vending machines were fairly convenient also. Restaurant was good, especially enjoyed the bar and complimentary drinks for joining the rewards program. The bartender PJ, despite staying constantly busy did an amazing job. Would stay here again while in Mt. Pleasant!
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Very Nice Stay"
This location was much better than I expected, it was very close to the Patriot's Point Museum and extremely close to the bridge that goes to the Historic District. The staff were very friendly and gave us a great dinner recommendation for the Historic District. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2014
Ellen J.
"perfect location"
great motel with outstanding staff. had a problem with a/c not cooling properly; otherwise, we had a very pleasant vacation.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Hotel was nice. The pool was full of bugs. But overall a nice stay.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Customer service was great. Room was nice but no fridge for my 2 year olds milk. Bathroom was very nice but shower was slippery. There were dogs on our floor that barked several times late at night. I could hear people in halls talking late at night. I had asked for room with king bed so my 2 year old could sleep between me and my husband but it was put in as standard room so we ended up sleeping in 2 double beds. We were only there for one night but not too sure if I would return.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Even though the hotel was under construction we had great peace and quiet. The beds were amazing and staff very friendly and most reasonable prices. Thank you!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Geno
"Employees saved the rating"
This hotel was under construction. In and if itself not a terrible thing, but it was hot and humid in both the hotel common areas & the rooms were stuffy & smelled icky. The staff were kind, courteous, friendly and helpful though! Much appreciated.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014