All hotels in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States of America
250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Hwy 17, Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
"Good time in Charleston"
We had to wait about a hour to check in past check in time. Toilet stopped up. AC unit sounded as if it was going to die any minute.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. I do want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I do hope you will come back to stay with us to give us an opportunity to serve you better. Again, thank you for your feedback.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Very Impressed"
We were not expecting for this hotel to be so nice and comfortable for a 3star hotel. It was right at the entrance of the the Ravanel bridge and had a great breakfast buffet! The restaurant was nice, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Samuel, Thank you so much for staying with us. I was delighted to read that you were so satisfied with the restaurant, clean accommodations, and our convenient location. We can't wait to have you back.
1 night business trip May 30, 2015
Samuel
"Good bargain when discounts are available."
Overall a good stay. Hotel is in need of a little updating. WiFi is weak. Great area, plenty of really good restaurant choices.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Keith, Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you benefited from our convenient location to area attractions and great restaurants. We hope to address the upgrade needs in the near future. Thank you again.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
Keith
The room was clean and comfortable. We'd come back from our day's jaunt and it would be nicely done up, everything in place. I never heard anybody else from other rooms - it was quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone else.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Gayle
"My Bad."
The only disappointment was my fault. I thought there would be a refrigerator in the room. My mistake.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
A verified traveller, Thank you for your review. Most of our rooms currently do not have refrigerators. We do have a few room types that do offer a refrigerator and that will be in the description of that room type, so hopefully you will be able to reserve one of those room types the next time you stay with us. Thank you again.
4 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Beachin it"
This Holiday Inn is perfectly situated for a beach getaway.. My wife and I checked in on a Friday evening after a day at the beach and even got a free upgrade to a king suite with a hot tub, due to the other king bed rooms being taken. The room was fantastic and the service was as well. A great establishment. This was our second time staying here and I’m sure we’ll be back.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Michael W. Thank you for the feedback. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and was able to benefit from our convenient location to the beach. We look forward to continuing to have you as a valued guest.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Michael W
"Excellent stay!"
Excellent stay! Hotel was very nice. Service was excellent. Location is good, near many attractions. My only complaint was there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, but obviously that was my fault for not finding that out ahead of time. We would stay here again.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Angela C.
"stay at hotel"
bed was soft and you would sink We don't weigh very much either the exercise room needs help the treadmills are noisy and the bike and stair climber are ancient(not even a cup holder) You need an updated eliptical etc Our fault for not checking to see if a continental breakfast included
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear terry, Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you did not find your bed to be comfortable. I also appreciate your honest feedback about the exercise room equipment. Our guest's comments always help us to make needed improvements, so again thank you so much.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
terry
"enjoyable"
enjoyable
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Dani, Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
dani
"Close to bridge - easy access"
The hotel was in a good location. We did ask for a king bed and when we got there, we got 2 queen beds and they did not have any other rooms. Overall, it was a good stay,but 1 day the maid made up the beds and did nothing else. I had to ask for new towels,etc and tell them they did not finish. They did not vacuum either.
Other trip May 19, 2015
J
Staff was very friendly and professional. The room was clean and just the right size. The bathroom was good size with nice fixtures.
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Great Experience!"
Stayed in area to attend the wedding of my grandson. Hotel was clean, staff was pleasant and had great service. Other family members stayed in another local hotel that was not a pleasant experience. We were glad we had chosen Holiday Inn Charleston-Mount Pleasant.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Patsy P, It was such a delight to read your review. I am so glad you chose us for your accommodations during such a special occasion. The hotel staff will be so happy when I share this review with them. They will know their hard work paid off. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Patsy P
"Decent But Not Great"
The hotel was very clean. It looked like parts had been remodeled/updated and parts had not. The bed was great. The bathroom was great. The eating area/bar was not great. It looked like a Ponderosa Steakhouse from 1985. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. There was no free breakfast. The breakfast buffet was not worth the price and most of the food seemed to be reheated leftovers. I would not stay in this hotel for business. The wifi is embarrassingly slow. You will not be able to do much more than check emails and basic web browsing.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Joshua
"Good hotel handy to Charleston"
We picked this hotel for its location and from previous experience with Holiday Inn. All was fine until breakfast when we were informed it would cost $10.95 each. The hostess (Kate) was grumpy and unfriendly as well as being of rather untidy appearance. When the bill arrived it had $2.90 for coffee that we did not ask for, and was simply poured out by the waiter. When we protested at the charge for this, it was referred to the manageress, Kate, who said we had to pay it. Being a small amount, we did not cause a fuss but had it been a larger amount, we would have seriously challenged it. We certainly won't be caught like this again, and now choose Holiday Inn Express who always include breakfast in the tariff.
Other trip May 10, 2015
John and Bob
"Pleasant experience!"
We were pleasantly impressed with our stay. We normally stay at Marriotts because my husband is a platinum member but booked our trip late and so went with Holiday Inn. It was easily accessed from freeway. It was clean and our view was nice. Fitness room was nice but it looked like the towels hadn't been picked up or garbage emptied in 24 hours. Pool was nice but I wouldv'e liked if there were chaise lounges available to sun in and not just upright chairs. Prices were very reasonable for the breakfast buffett. Overall it was very nice and we would definetely stay again or recommend to friends.
Other trip May 7, 2015
Pam
"Wedding in Mt. Pleasant"
We wanted to be close to downtown and also to the wedding venue that was located at Ion in Mt. Pleasant.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Toni
"pedestrian"
very pedestrian, somewhat tired facility
2 night trip with friends Apr 15, 2015
Karen m
"Dingy Property."
First impression upon driving up... Dirty, tired property. Dingy...dark. Front desk staff seemed bored and uninterested. Scuffed walls, dirty glass in foyer. Room was clean, padded chair had gross looking strain.Room cleaning staff very pleasant and professional. Tv remote barely worked. Would not stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2015
PETER
"Great staff NICE CLEAN ROOM."
We were in Charleston for a wedding. I called to see if we could check in a little early so we could get ready. I was told they would do their best, Not only was our room ready early the hotel staff was all so nice. The overall stay was great.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Dan, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. It was great to read that we were able to accommodate you for an early check-in. Thank you for expressing how great our staff was to you and how clean your room was. We hope you plan to stay with us again.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"Hard to Find"
OK Room was over priced. You could hear people from other rooms. Could not get heating fan to run on continuous to block the noice.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Close to Ft. Sumpter Ferry"
We went to see Ft. Sumpter and found there were two ferries stops. One on Mt. Pleasant and one from Charleston. The hotel was close to the Mt. Pleasant ferry and close to Charleston, but very quiet at night.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Jackie
"."
Need to provide extra blankets in the room. We got real chilly at night. It was to hot with the air off and to cold with the air on. Loved the Bath and Body Works lotion in the bathroom.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice close to charleston"
Great- breakfast good- wish discount for children.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
lynn
"Close to down town Charleston."
This is our second time staying at this hotel. Clean, nice staff, quick and easy check in and out.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
JC
"Not your parents' Holiday Inn!"
Location of this hotel was perfect for access to Ravenall Bridge into Charleston. Also close to nearby park. And easy access to Rt. 17. Always had a clean bed and bathroom to come back to at end of busy touring day.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Mary Ann
"A surprisingly disappointing stay"
Missing signage on side road, especially arriving at night. Worn Out old carpeting throughout. Drap and tired looking wall, floor and window coverings making the room look unwelcoming. noisy bathroom fan. Cigarette buds strewn on the grounds outside the side entrance, even a large sign at the front entrance said no-smoking area. Lack of safe in the room but the refrigerator was welcomed. Friendly reception personnel and good housekeeping. Didn't visit the full service restaurant. According to our past experiences with Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express this hotel didn't meet our expectations. Too expensive for what it represented.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you for your feedback. I do deeply apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are very excited about future improvements coming to our property later in the year. I do hope you will return after we have made the changes to experience our improvements. I am so delighted that you did receive friendly service from the front desk staff and housekeeping. Thank you again.
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Excellent all-around service"
i wanted to commend the maid staff in particular. they were very nice women and very accomodating. our stay was wonderful. thanks!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Older hotel, close to area attractions."
This hotel was disappointing overall. When booking, I looked for a refrigerator and microwave in amenities and chose this hotel for this reason. I traveled with a set of grandparents and two small children and really needed the refrigerator for medications. I booked two rooms for us. When I checked in ...after 3..we were not able to get two rooms together and neither had a refrigerator in them. The front desk staff was amazing and put us in two other rooms where only one had a refrigerator. The rooms were not the cleanest, but after already moving once, we made do. The breakfast was not free..like most Holiday Inns and what we expected. Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult buffet. So I paid $20 for my kids to eat two muffins, two milks, and a half a bowl of cereal. The food was terrible.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Holly
front desk and restaurant employees very pleasant
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"Okay for what we needed that night, but was disapp"
We were told we would have two queen beds , refrigerator, and breakfast by our booking agency. The hotel didn,'t give us that, even though we had paid for it.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
vacationers
"Good location at an affordable price."
While not as fun as staying in the historic district, this hotel is much more affordable and just over the Ravenel Bridge from Charleston's trendy upper King Street area. It it clean and comfortable, though in our room (210) the AC fan was a little loud. Breakfast is not included, but the hotel's restaurant has a nice morning buffet.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
indy Mama
"Solid Budget Friendly Choice"
What you would expect for the price. Friendly and helpful staff made for a good experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for your review. It was such a joy to read that the staff helped you to have a good experience while here. Thank you again, and I hope we see you soon.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"Comfortable, but dated. Poor internet quality."
The hotel is very dated, but comfortable. The room was not well cleaned; the clock was dusty, there was drink splash on the side of the dust ruffle. The free internet is nice, but so slow it was unusable for about 90% of the time. This was annoying since I was there for a conference.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Julie, Your feedback was appreciated. I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your comments help to ensure our improvement for future guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
5 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"New owners need to work harder"
I stayed at this hotel for four nights during a conference held on site. The bar did not accept credit cards that were not local - I only found this out after my master card was declined and I called the number on the card. The bartender did not even know non-local credit cards weren't taken (new policy by the new owners) until I investigated what happened with mine. Then, they did not accept a travelers checks at the bar - only cash. They did cash a traveler's check at the front desk. The bar was out of wine (!). There was no environmentally friendly option to reuse towels or sheets - I ended up posting the 'do not disturb' sign on my door for three days so I could reuse one bar of soap (replaced the first day after one use) and the towels. The conference room was freezing - lots of people wore sweaters and coats, even though it was in the 80's outside. The hotel advertised high speed internet, but it was so slow one colleague had to go to a neighboring hotel to do some work. The staff (I felt sorry for them) were trying to deal with this and help, but the new owners need to get their act together!
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Definitely needs help"
The check in staff was very nice and welcoming. However, the day that we were scheduled to checkout, the room cleaning service was very rude. They repeatedly banged on our door multiple times well before the scheduled checkout time. Each time, we were polite to them and they just stared at us like they didn't understand english. They were aggressive each interaction. Will not be staying there again and I encourage others to avoid it.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Anonymous, Thank you so much for your feedback. I do want to wholeheartedly apologize to you for what you experienced with our housekeeping staff. This will be passed on to the housekeeping manager to address with her team. I am delighted that you received a nice welcome, and I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again. Thank you for your time.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Hotel close to things to do along route 17."
There were a few things about the room that I did not care for. The desk chair had a questionable stain on it in fact I covered it with a towel and we did not sit in it. The bathroom had no towel rack by sink, and there was no light to turn on separate from the very noisy exhaust fan. Both of these things I found very inconvenient. .
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
I enjoyed my stay and would come again. It was exactly what I was looking for just to get away for a weekend.
"Nice hotel. Close to downtown and beaches."
Enjoyed my stay. Comfortable room and pleasant staff. Enjoyed the exercise room. My only complaint is that they offer not free breakfast.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
bob
"For the rate,.it was great."
Bedsheet was piled. Clean, but should not be used.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Nice Hotel close to food and shopping"
Danielle greeted me when I arrive and had the bet customer service as well as other hotel staff.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Just stayed for the night but was very clean and comfy! Great location and easy to get to! Easy check-in and check-out!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great location, great place to stay."
Great location and great experience. Will certainly stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Bryan, Thank for taking the time to write a review. I will be delighted to have you as our guest again. I am glad you benefited from our location and had a great experience while here. Hope to see you again soon.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Bryan
"New yeas eve"
The bathroom door to the room we were staying in was missing the bottom hinge. Whenever we tried to open or close the door, it sounded like a gun going off. Other than that, the bathroom had bath and body works shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Everything was super clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you for your feedback. It is always appreciated when guests inform us of any problems they experience. This helps us continue to improve. I was delighted to read that despite the problem with the door, you did find the bathroom to be clean. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Ok but not great."
Great location! Easy access to downtown and some great beaches. However, the Internet didn't work and the heating cooling unit in my room made horrible noises. Not exactly the Holiday Inn standard I expected.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I want to apologize for issues you had with the internet and the HVAC unit. I am glad you were able to benefit from our convenient location. Thank you again for the feedback and for having been our guest.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"Worth It"
Nice enough if you don't want to pay downtown prices. We took this to save a little and pretty much get what you pay for. Hotel is clean, but you can tell it's been renovated. Hides, and not always very well, the old warm out with a fresh coat of paint. The AC somewhat resembles a blow dryer every 15minutes. Overall the staff was friendly and very helpful. They had a list of all reataurants close by that were open for the thanksgiving holiday, even listed the times closed. Very helpful on our late night arrival this thanksgiving. The hotel itself felt secure and clean. My only real complaint where the pot smokers next door; but then again, you can't choose your neighbors. Safe, clean, close to down town. Relatively comfortable.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveler, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback regarding your stay. I want to apologize that you endured guests that were violating the nonsmoking policy. I am delighted that overall you appeared to be satisfied with your accommodations. Your comments were appreciated, and I hope you plan to stay with us again.
2 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
The hotel stay was very comfortable and it is close to the downtown area - only a 7 minute drive
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveler, I appreciate your feedback. I am delighted you were satisfied with your accommodations and the convenient location. We look forward to the opportunity of having you as our guest again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Can't bear the price."
This was a fast In and out an this hotel Met each expectation. Great location w access to shooing and transportation.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear William, Thank you for writing a review for us. I am delighted to read that we met all your expectations. I hope you intend to plan another trip to the area soon.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
"Felt like home."
Everyone from the front desk to the restaurant were extremely friendly and helpful. we have not had such a pleasant experience in some of the much more upschale hotels we have stayed at. We would definitly stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear Joseph, Thank you so very much for your review. We are so excited that you were so pleased with the service you received from our hard working staff. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
3 night trip Nov 1, 2014
"My Pleasant"
Great location close to all the attractions. Much nicer place to stay thsn North Charleston.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear A verified traveller, Thank you for your review. I am so glad you found our location convenient to site seeing. We look forward to serving you again.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Good location but cust. service/housekeeping awful"
The location was good, five minutes from downtown, but the front desk staff had zero personality. Was given a room with 2 doubles even though I paid for a king. Bed was hard as a rock. Had to ask to have my cable checked because it was out for 1.5 of the 4 days I was there, and the girl acted like it was an inconvenience to deal with me, even though I was very polite about it. It was fixed for a couple hours and then went out again. I could overlook all that, but the housekeeping here was atrocious. I was there FOUR nights and not ONCE were my sheets changed. They left used soap and washcloths in the tub and hung up the dirty towels is left on the floor to be taken away. Who the hell is going to reuse a dirty towel that was on the floor?? And then, here's the real kicker, one morning they just opened my door without knocking or announcing themselves. And then she just backed out without even apologizing. I was so shocked I didn't even have a chance to say anything. It was 9 in the morning, obviously they should have assumed there was someone in the room before just barging in. Wouldn't stay again, for the amount I paid ( which was exorbitant for just a Holiday Inn that wasn't even downtown) I expected much better service.
Response by Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
Dear CHSvisitor, I regret to read of your experiences during your stay. I am deeply shocked at the lack of concern from the front desk and the inconsiderateness of the housekeeping staff. Let me wholeheartedly apologize to you. Rest assured that your review will be shared with the entire staff, and policies will be put into place to ensure another guest does not have the same experience. Thank you so much for providing feedback. While this review wasn't pleasant to read, it does help us to improve. Thank you again.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014