All hotels in Kingston, New York, United States of America
503 Washington Ave, Kingston, NY, 12401, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Clean up the common areas"
I stayed in a newly renovated room which was satisfactory. The hotel is still undergoing renovations and the management should do a better job of keeping transitional areas clean. The room rate was not cheap, and given the level of dust, debris and assorted messes due to on-going work , I felt it was substantially over-priced. Also, quality of the new work left something to be desired and I do not see this holding up well over time. In fact my room was recently opened and the shower hardware was already rusting. The shower also has this fixed glass wall in an attempt to be modern...problem is the wall is too short and the bathroom floor gets soaked when taking a shower...rather poor design....sorry I am an architect and think about these things.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Overpriced."
Pretensions to be a fancy place, but even the renovated rooms are nothing special.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"comfortable stay"
Most important to me in a hotel are the cleanliness of room and comfort of the bed. Both were great. Very friendly staff. Still undergoing renovation in lobby. Not impressed with the bar/restaurant or the interior courtyard.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
"OK, but a bit disappointed"
I was not happy with the construction still in progress. When I booked, I was thinking that the construction would have been completed by now. It wasn't. The hallways were dreary and the carpeting was bad. However, my room was clean and comfortable. The electric plug below the coffee pot didn.t work. Overall, it was not worth the money I paid. Sorry.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
EJM
"Hotel undergoing extensive renovations"
Our room was clean and comfortable but the hotel is in the process of major renovations. A complementary breakfast is provided during renovations. The indoor pool is noisy. The staff were very nice. Good location near I-87.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"expensive , but worht it"
Satisfied, I will return.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
dirty rooms. smelly. stained carpets. food in refrigerator. dirt in bathroom. hairs in bed.
"Disgustingly dirty old rooms"
This hotel is being completely renovated. Warning - do NOT stay in a room that hasn't been updated yet. They are the most disgusting rooms I have ever seen. The carpets were full of huge stains, there were dead bugs, the ceiling was rotten and peeling, it smelled . . . enough said. I didn't mind seeing all the construction, but the filth they tried to charge us $200 for one night was completely unacceptable. Those rooms should not be rented.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
unhappy traveller
"Not worth the money"
Just a dirty hotel.. staff was dismissive, dirty bathrooms, stains on the carpet, paid $220 a night too.
"Needed a place to stay on trip"
Receptionist was refusing us check in because they hadn't received out Expedia confirmation. She said it might not arrive until the next day! Management stepped in. There was construction which I was aware of but the quality of the bed was very poor. I was expecting more for the $.
"Very comfortable"
I was very pleased with the hotel. We were given two newly renovated rooms. The toilet was not fastened on as securely as it should have been and when I brought it to our maid's attention she had maintenance up there within the hour.The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly very good and the coffee was great. Everyone who worked there greeted you with a smile.I would most definitely go back there.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Heidi
The hotel was in the midst of a major remodeling so it was understandable that things were a bit disorganized. But hallways and dining area were in need of attention. Would return after renovations and give the hotel a second chance, however. Hotel a bit high price for its existing state of affairs.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Not what I expected"
The hotel is going through a major renovation (looks like they truly hired the lowest bidder). With that in mind I still wasn't satisfied with our stay. The room was dirty and wasn't put together like it should be. The whole hotel smells like chlorine due to its layout. I also thought the website pictures were very misleading, what I saw of the hotel was gross or under construction. I think it'll be a nicer place once the remodeling is done, and it has great amenities if you have kids. At best, it's a 2-star hotel.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Josh
The hotel should not have had a rate of three starts at this time!!!!!!! They are fixing up the hotel but heard they have been doing it for a few years already. First room they gave us had water stains on ceiling and rugs and it had a odor to the room. Second room not to much better.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"renovation renovation renovation"
When I checked in.. Carol at the front desk was so nasty and mean. I felt like I was bothering her. If she really hates her position there that much perhaps it is time to move on. at checkout. she was mean too. hotel was so badly under construction it should have been on sale. Breakfast was good and servers were friendly. Maid service was right on target also, pool and Jacuzzi was still good. I requested a room opening out to the pool and Carol said they were all under renovation. Why is this hotel not giving us special pricing for renovation sale? The best thing is it is pet friendly!!!!
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
diaen
"Garden Plaza under construction"
The rooms are "tired" and in need of refurbishment. They are working on this but I stayed here a year ago, June 2013, and they had started construction then. I thought it would be over by now. On Monday morning, June 23rd they started hammering at 7:00 AM. They need to confine the remodeling to one area of the hotel. The staff is very nice but all they offered us for our inconvenience was a free night next year when we come. The rooms are very pricey for being under construction, too!
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Robin
The hotel is under going a much needed renovation. The rate was too high considering the conditions and inconvenience of the renovations. We requested a move from a king room because the room overlooked the arcsde. We were moved to a smaller queen room and paid the same rate. There was a new TV without a digital signal. I would not stay there again until renovations are complete.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Hotel was close to Dutchess County Fairgrounds"
Hotel was great. Undergoing renovations so facilities were not up to date but that is understandable. It should be excellent when completed. Beds were very comfortable. Had a great time. See you next year! Free hot breakfast was good.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Surly staff. Ongoing renovation. Overpriced."
We were in town for a graduation. The hotel has older rooms undergoing rennovation. Staff never smiled. Not once. Way overpriced. Keep looking.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
I have stayed here previously . Hotel "very tired" and hence the huge renovation. However, it is taking an enormous amount of time to up-grade.!!! I was there in Oct. (6 mos ago) and it seems hardly any progress has occurred in the 'public' areas makes it depressing as there is 'potential' if they get working seriously and make some progress!!!!
2 night business trip May 23, 2014
"Need major update"
Hotel needs a major update. Not worth the money at half the cost. Dingy and restaurant bar is closed with no notice as they redo it...Stay somewhere else until they fix the place
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Even though construction was apparent, all areas were clean and navigating through the areas of construction was easy and it appeared safety, for all, was considered. The rooms were clean and contained any amenity one would need. The breakfast was timely and food was hot and plentiful. The variety of choices was also very nice. Check-in and check-out was seamless.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"One night stay"
Things will be better when the renovations are complete. My room was good but the hall needs help. Breakfast was also good.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"under construction"
we were overwhelmed by the chlorine smell from the indoor pool and the only window opened up towards the pool,,, we asked to switch rooms but they had none available,,. the hotel was under construction and will hopefully be better ventilated when they're done..you should get some sort of discount when they are doing construction,, The bathroom vents lead from one room to the next,, so you could here everything anyone was doing while they were in there,, kind of creepy,,, all in all the room was clean,, and that is the most important topic..
Other trip May 15, 2014
shelly/John
"Holiday Inn with a facelift"
This old Kingston hotel was the Holiday Inn at one time but has been bought and is under extensive renovation. It has a strange indoor pool and a decent restaurant. The price has gone up a lot from my previous stays. It may be worth it or may not in the end. The staff was extra helpful and friendly and the building is being run well despite the construction.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
skyelav
"For the price the hotel was just ok."
The carpets and floors were dirty and well worn, you must wear shoes at all times. Other than the floors everything was very good, the pool was warm and my family enjoyed it. No problem with the sheets the beds were very comfortable. For a free breakfast it was adequate. Would not stay there again until the renovations are done on the floors.
Other trip May 5, 2014
The hotel is being renovated and boy does it need it. My sink had a crack that went all the way through the marble (?) to the tissue holder. The rug were awful and if I were a drinking person I would be totally disoriented. No one came to take my meal ticket. For all I know you are feedling the entire population og Kingston. Way too much money for this place.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Meh"
This hotel is not terrible. However, it is not worth more than $50/night, and should not be rated as 3 star.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
"being renovated"
the lobby and public spaces and outside look like they are being renovated so its pretty drab…but our room was clean and comfortable…the wifi worked. The breakfast was fair.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
helen
"Being remodeled but could use a little more cleani"
Pleasant staff. breakfast was not good. hot tub was disgusting smelling. convenient location
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Under construction for too long"
This used to be a holiday inn. It's been under construction for some time now with very little improvements. The room was dirty. It had a funny smell, the carpets where stained and bubble up in some areas, the shower was moldy, the bathroom sink - I had to hold the faucet down to turn it on because it was that corroded.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Under construction"
The hotel was under construction. Breakfast was sparse and eggs/potatoes cold.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"Third time not a charm"
On arrival we were placed in a queen room when we had booked a king. Now according to the front desk they were experiencing leaking issue in some of the rooms. OK, but let us know that when we check in! We were not informed until after getting in the room and calling the front desk. The staff was fine about finding another room but it was a hassle we didn't need and several guests experienced the same issue. The hotel been under going exterior renovation for a while, but the inside still looks tired and worn. Stayed 3 times, once when it was a Holiday Inn, then past summer when renovations started and this past February. With little progress on renovations there really no reason to stay at Garden Plaza until they get square away. Location not bad and it is Pet friendly that's important.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2014
"Currently under renovation but habitable"
Hotel is in the process of being renovated but is in pretty poor condition at the moment (stained carpeting in the halls, dingy window sheers, crumbling tilework, dated decor). Still, it was perfectly comfortable for one night, especially for the price. PRO: Good location, quiet night's sleep, easygoing professional staff.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Robin
"Needs renovation and attention"
The hotel is supposedly being renovated but all the rooms I saw were old and a renovation was way overdue. Besides being old., the hotel could use a good cleaning. Breakfast is included but rather limited. The front desk staff was very nice.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Drig
"Staff works hard to overcome renovation work"
The hotel is undergoing a major renovation. The rooms were clean. The staff was extra nice and worked hard to make stay comfortable. Thank you.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2014
"Grand plaza hotel"
It's awesome hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2014
"Comfy, great staff"
I just went in and slept a few hours then left. What little I could see was nice, and the employee at the front desk was awesome, very helpful and accommodating.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2013
A.
"Nothing fancy but decent"
The room was spacious and clean but there were some dubious specks in the bathroom sink. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is still undergoing renovations; you'll see some smaller constriction areas along the hallways. The breakfast was nothin special but ok. All in all the place is a little over prized for what you get but I would still recommend this hotel for people passing through for 1 night.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Mona
"Very nice place to stay."
Close to diners, historic downtown, and very nice facilities. Loved the pool and the area surrounding it.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Terry
"Good pet friendly place"
I would recommend this hotel if you're travelling with animals. The place was very tolerant of my barking dog If I didn't have my dog with me, however, I wouldn't return. The room was very cold. Although it was very clean there was an old slight smell of stale cigarettes in the room which was supposed to be smoke free.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Liz
"nice hotel"
good location for our needs, clean, nice breakfast. bathroom need attention, very comfortable bed
1 night trip with friends Nov 10, 2013
Lou
"Comfortable short stay"
Comfortable, being renovated but that didn't have any negative effect unless you wanted to go to the dining room. Pool area was nice although we didn't use that either. Bathroom needs upgrade desperately (Peeling ceilings and mold). King bed very comfortable and room nice enough.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Carmela
"No Hot Water in this hotel"
No hot water in the shower. Also the heater didn't work. Construction everywhere. Just a terrible stay.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
david
"clean hotel for being under construction"
no prolbems
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Pool is nice. Breakfast is great. The floors in the rooms and the halls are a bit dirty, need upgrading.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Moldy, run dowm. Carpet buckling. Seemed like they were trying to cover odors with lots of air freshener.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
It was a great hotel conveniently located. The pool was great and the hot tub is great. The only complaint is that the breakfast, a nice buffet with eggs and toast was PACKED with people. The room was tiny and the staff looked completely overwhelmed and couldn't keep enough food or coffee going. Seems to me that if you know you have X amount of guests, you should have X amount of staff to work and make food. Otherwise, perfectly fine. Comfortable rooms, clean, soft bedding. Well maintained.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
aidansmom
"New owners - OK place to stay - needs some work"
This used to be a Holiday Inn but now is under new management. They are beginning to do some work on the place but have more to do. Generally clean and comfortable, reasonable for the price, and the service was good. Compaired to the inflated prices of hotels in this area you could do a lot worse and end up spending more for someplace not nearly as nice.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Hotel is currently under reno, outside looks good."
The hallways need new carpet, mold in bathrooms but it is clearly moving in the right direction. Beds were comfortable, tv updated, staff is really nice. Price was a little high but there was breakfast. The seating was not great but that too was being renovated. I would give it a bit of time and i'm sure it will be fantastic.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013