All hotels in Kingston, New York, United States of America
503 Washington Ave, Kingston, NY, 12401, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Room is all right
    Quite clean
    Bad internet service
"friendly"
It was a very quiet and peaceful stay and very clean
1 night trip May 4, 2015
faith
"pleasant hotel"
Very pleasant staff, clean rooms and good complimentary breakfast
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Nice remodel"
Clean rooms, new pool, decent rate. We were pleasantly surprised. They're still doing some renovations, but we enjoyed our stay. Good (free!) breakfast, as well.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Best hotel for miles"
Easy on and off highway, downtown old Kingston is a stone's throw, breakfast included All in all, this is THE place to stay. Friendly helpful staff, pretty lobby, plenty of parking, on-site bar open till 11pm, good times.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Faith
"THE GOOD AND THE BAD"
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I STAYED AT THIS HOTEL. LAST YEAR I FOUND IT AND I HAD A GREAT WEEKEND SO I DECIDED TO STAY HERE AGAIN, WHEN I GOT INSIDE THE WHOLE HOTEL HAS BEEN RENOVATED AND LOOKS VERY GOOD, AND THE ROOMS ARE ALL NEW AS WELL THE LINENS ALL FRESH VERY GOOD, NOW THE ONLY THING THAT I GOT VERY DISAPPOINTED IS THE POOL AND REC. AREA THEY HAD A VERY NICE JACUZZI AND A POOL TABLE AND IT WAS VERY NICE AREA TO RELAX BUT NOW THEY KNOCKED EVERYTHING DOWN AND THATS VERY DISSAPOINTING OTHER THAN THAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT IN THIS HOTEL
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Updated renovation, very comfortable"
The hotel has undergone a renovation and is beautifully done.
2 night trip Apr 16, 2015
Excellent staff and was upgraded free of charge to room with 2 beds because so much vacancy. Breakfast was decent with a nice seating area. I would stay again and recommend this hotel.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"just ok"
Place is ok. One odd thing is the beds are amazingly high. My elderly mother had a very hard time getting in and out. Truth be told wasnt too easy for me either. Bathrooms are extremely small. Breakfast was good and the staff was very nice.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Clean and friendly"
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable but felt small. Overall good experience.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"nice"
clean rooms. everything new. beds comfy. breakfast included nice variety of hot and cold food. would recommend and stay again.
1 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
"Would definitely come back"
Overall great. The staff was very friendly overall. The frontdesk was not incredibly friendly at check in but polite. The restaurant staff for dinner was not helpful so we had dinner somewhere else. During breakfast everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The kitchen staff was GREAT. Servers/host during dinner time not so much.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Josefina
My family and I were in town for a friend's wedding. Everything at best western was great! I understand they're in the middle of remodeling or adding new things, which is fine because it was never uncomfortable for us. Unfortunately the gym wasn't ready but they do offer a voucher for a nearby gym. We loved out stay at best western
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
Esmeralda
"Pleasantly surprised!"
The hotel was recently renovated and it showed. Rooms were fresh and clean. Breakfast and lobby were better than expected and the location was great (right off the highway). Great place if looking for a hotel for a ski weekend.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
MZ
"Perfect place to crash after a day of snowboarding"
This place was perfect after a long day on the mountain. Everything was clean, comfy and the rooms look very updated. It was snowing too much for us to go out to dinner so we ate in the dining room. The food was actually delicious!! So happy we stayed here.
Mel
"Pleasant stay"
Clean, modern, comfortable, and good breakfast! Definitely will stay again
kelley
"Kingston Funeral"
Very comfortable room with all of the amenities I needed given it was a stressful trip. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was very well done.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"great hotel"
Nice cozy place....would love to visit again next time we go skiing at hunter mtn. it's only 1 exit away... approx time is 45 min from skiing.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
wei
All personnel very professional, friendly and helpful
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Good place for Kingston-area business travel"
The Garden Plaza is under renovation so portions of it have been closed for quite a while, but it's a good dependable place for business travel
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Nice hotel. Convenient to new paltz"
Clean, comfortable. Close to many good local restaurants. Good breakfast.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
M & M
"Okay"
The stay was going well until we realized they were under construction in the pool area which was right outside our window. The workers were talking very loudly right outside the window and woke us up at 7:30 am. When we reported this to the front desk, they apologized, but did not do anything else for us, which was frustrating.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice for Kingston"
Hotel was under renovation but still a nice hotel. Staff was very friendly.
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2014
"could do better"
Dirty floor and sink with hair grouTed in. Temperature uneven in room due 2 poor insulation with major air drafy gap causing extreme discomfort...dried sinus and throat next day. No fan inbath.
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
susan
"Thanksgiving"
My child was very disappointed that the pool was under repair. Should be a great place when the construction is done!
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Experience Adequacy!™"
this place is huge - vast. i didn't expect that - from the outside it looks like an ordinary motel. and its vastness can make it difficult to figure out how to get from A to B without walking forever and in the wrong directions and stuff. there was a lot of construction going on, so some of the place was closed and some of it was a mess. i wished there was parking closer to our room (but i usually wish that of hotels / motels). the guy at the desk was kind of charming in his slow-moving, somewhat befuddled way; he felt like a fatherly figure. gave the place something of a homey feel. the free breakfast, by the time i got to it, about a half-hour before it ended, was pretty run-down; i got the last of the scrambled eggs, and got the impression the staff was making every effort not to have to make more food and put it out in the final half-hour. there was, like, 1/8th of a strip of bacon left, and maybe a link or two of sausage (i don't care because i don't eat meat, but i noticed). i didn't see any hot cereal, which i would have liked, or hard-boiled eggs or waffles or anything like that. the baked goods were pretty uninteresting to me - plain sliced bread and some sugary donuts and such. our room was comfortable enough, and the bed very much so. overall i'd call the place "adequate." it served its purpose, if not with any kind of flair (we didn't come for flair).
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Ian
"Don't stay here!"
There is nothing nice to say about this hotel. It looks like you're staying in an old grocery store. They layout was awful. Things were under construction or just in disarray all over the place. It smelled like chlorine from a pool. I would never stay there again!
2 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Moldy shower...yuck"
While the employees were mostly friendly and the location was fine, our shower walls were 1/4 covered in mold. They make sure the remote control is "sanitized," but the shower is disgusting. (And who really knows about the remote?)
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"recent stay"
the hotel is undergoing much needed renovations I used to stay there when it was the holiday inn and it was in bad shape. the changes look great and great staff as always
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised."
The hotel was under renovation (which I knew from online feedback) - but they guaranteed I would be in a new room - and I was. The TV did not work well in the room - but they tried to fix and when they couldn't - offered to move our room. Bed was very comfortable and surprisingly very quiet room considering it has 2 doors to courtyard and then to a hallway. There was a large wedding party in the hotel but we never heard or saw them as they kept them away from the sleeping rooms. The parts that are renovated looked very nice and quite up-to-date. I think once they are done it will be an excellent hotel. My feedback for the hotel is they need a shelf in the shower for shampoo, etc.. and they need a mirror in the bedroom. Otherwise - very nice!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"On a great uphill road"
This hotel is renovating, and all that is new was very nice. Our room was excellent and seemed hardly ever used with new furnishings, big TV, excellent bathroom. I feel that once all is done the rating will really improve. The lobby and dining area for breakfast was clean, classy, nicely done! Some new landscaping looks very nice at the entrance.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
Margaret
"Clean up the common areas"
I stayed in a newly renovated room which was satisfactory. The hotel is still undergoing renovations and the management should do a better job of keeping transitional areas clean. The room rate was not cheap, and given the level of dust, debris and assorted messes due to on-going work , I felt it was substantially over-priced. Also, quality of the new work left something to be desired and I do not see this holding up well over time. In fact my room was recently opened and the shower hardware was already rusting. The shower also has this fixed glass wall in an attempt to be modern...problem is the wall is too short and the bathroom floor gets soaked when taking a shower...rather poor design....sorry I am an architect and think about these things.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Overpriced."
Pretensions to be a fancy place, but even the renovated rooms are nothing special.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"comfortable stay"
Most important to me in a hotel are the cleanliness of room and comfort of the bed. Both were great. Very friendly staff. Still undergoing renovation in lobby. Not impressed with the bar/restaurant or the interior courtyard.
1 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2014
"OK, but a bit disappointed"
I was not happy with the construction still in progress. When I booked, I was thinking that the construction would have been completed by now. It wasn't. The hallways were dreary and the carpeting was bad. However, my room was clean and comfortable. The electric plug below the coffee pot didn.t work. Overall, it was not worth the money I paid. Sorry.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
EJM
"Hotel undergoing extensive renovations"
Our room was clean and comfortable but the hotel is in the process of major renovations. A complementary breakfast is provided during renovations. The indoor pool is noisy. The staff were very nice. Good location near I-87.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"expensive , but worht it"
Satisfied, I will return.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
dirty rooms. smelly. stained carpets. food in refrigerator. dirt in bathroom. hairs in bed.
"Disgustingly dirty old rooms"
This hotel is being completely renovated. Warning - do NOT stay in a room that hasn't been updated yet. They are the most disgusting rooms I have ever seen. The carpets were full of huge stains, there were dead bugs, the ceiling was rotten and peeling, it smelled . . . enough said. I didn't mind seeing all the construction, but the filth they tried to charge us $200 for one night was completely unacceptable. Those rooms should not be rented.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
unhappy traveller
"Not worth the money"
Just a dirty hotel.. staff was dismissive, dirty bathrooms, stains on the carpet, paid $220 a night too.
"Needed a place to stay on trip"
Receptionist was refusing us check in because they hadn't received out Expedia confirmation. She said it might not arrive until the next day! Management stepped in. There was construction which I was aware of but the quality of the bed was very poor. I was expecting more for the $.
"Very comfortable"
I was very pleased with the hotel. We were given two newly renovated rooms. The toilet was not fastened on as securely as it should have been and when I brought it to our maid's attention she had maintenance up there within the hour.The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly very good and the coffee was great. Everyone who worked there greeted you with a smile.I would most definitely go back there.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Heidi
The hotel was in the midst of a major remodeling so it was understandable that things were a bit disorganized. But hallways and dining area were in need of attention. Would return after renovations and give the hotel a second chance, however. Hotel a bit high price for its existing state of affairs.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Not what I expected"
The hotel is going through a major renovation (looks like they truly hired the lowest bidder). With that in mind I still wasn't satisfied with our stay. The room was dirty and wasn't put together like it should be. The whole hotel smells like chlorine due to its layout. I also thought the website pictures were very misleading, what I saw of the hotel was gross or under construction. I think it'll be a nicer place once the remodeling is done, and it has great amenities if you have kids. At best, it's a 2-star hotel.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Josh
The hotel should not have had a rate of three starts at this time!!!!!!! They are fixing up the hotel but heard they have been doing it for a few years already. First room they gave us had water stains on ceiling and rugs and it had a odor to the room. Second room not to much better.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"renovation renovation renovation"
When I checked in.. Carol at the front desk was so nasty and mean. I felt like I was bothering her. If she really hates her position there that much perhaps it is time to move on. at checkout. she was mean too. hotel was so badly under construction it should have been on sale. Breakfast was good and servers were friendly. Maid service was right on target also, pool and Jacuzzi was still good. I requested a room opening out to the pool and Carol said they were all under renovation. Why is this hotel not giving us special pricing for renovation sale? The best thing is it is pet friendly!!!!
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
diaen
"Garden Plaza under construction"
The rooms are "tired" and in need of refurbishment. They are working on this but I stayed here a year ago, June 2013, and they had started construction then. I thought it would be over by now. On Monday morning, June 23rd they started hammering at 7:00 AM. They need to confine the remodeling to one area of the hotel. The staff is very nice but all they offered us for our inconvenience was a free night next year when we come. The rooms are very pricey for being under construction, too!
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Robin
The hotel is under going a much needed renovation. The rate was too high considering the conditions and inconvenience of the renovations. We requested a move from a king room because the room overlooked the arcsde. We were moved to a smaller queen room and paid the same rate. There was a new TV without a digital signal. I would not stay there again until renovations are complete.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Hotel was close to Dutchess County Fairgrounds"
Hotel was great. Undergoing renovations so facilities were not up to date but that is understandable. It should be excellent when completed. Beds were very comfortable. Had a great time. See you next year! Free hot breakfast was good.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Surly staff. Ongoing renovation. Overpriced."
We were in town for a graduation. The hotel has older rooms undergoing rennovation. Staff never smiled. Not once. Way overpriced. Keep looking.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
I have stayed here previously . Hotel "very tired" and hence the huge renovation. However, it is taking an enormous amount of time to up-grade.!!! I was there in Oct. (6 mos ago) and it seems hardly any progress has occurred in the 'public' areas makes it depressing as there is 'potential' if they get working seriously and make some progress!!!!
2 night business trip May 23, 2014