All hotels in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1400 Market Street, Chattanooga, TN, 37402, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Historic, great character for a hotel"
I've stayed at the Choo Choo several times. I always have great customer service from the staff. It is an older hotel and they are currently renovating the hotel. We stayed in a train car room and enjoyed the history and accommodations of the room. The bathroom was in need on renovating but adequate. Most of the restaurants had been closed and gutted for renovation so we took the free shuttle to downtown to eat.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Thank you for your 4 star review and comments about the staff. ! We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit; we hear that from many of our guests. We look forward to your return. We normally rank number 1 with Expedia! All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
jason
"Train has left the station"
This hotel is in dire need of renovation. Although they are keeping the ole' girl clean she is showing her age.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"For the train buff, this is a must!"
We decided to stay here instead of the usual side of the interstae hotel Room was comfortable. They have a great indoor pool. The lobby is amazing but we could not enjoy the gardens because it was January. I would recommend staying in one of the restored train cars. Will do that next time. Located right downtown.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am pleased that you had a great experience. Thanks for the great comments about the hotel! Your 4 stars means a lot to us. Thanks for your recommendation All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Could be better"
The guy at the front desk was disheveled and had on a dirty jacket. He wasn't very courteous. I have stayed at the hotel many times but that was probably my last. On a bright note, housekeeping was good.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I have shared your review with our management team for corrective action. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
2 night trip Jan 19, 2015
Allison
"Not bad, needs updating"
We stayed for one night. Hotels.com said they had rooms with 2 queens, which I thought I booked. Wrong. Oh well, fairly clean and comfortable, but the whole place needs updating. Pool was closed, and seemed to have been for a while...
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Thanks for your review, it give me the opportunity to explain some things happening in our 8 million dollar renovation. • An all new ladies room which will be located next to the existing men’s room and the Vic Lounge (complete). • A new front desk has been created on the opposite side of the lobby (completed). • An all new men’s room which will be located next to the existing men’s room and the Vic Lounge (50 %complete). • We had to close for lunch and dinner in the Gardens Restaurant so that demo could begin in the back of the house for 2 new restaurants. • We had to close a 2 retail shops again for demo for a new venue. • We will start the guest room renovations this Winter. What we do offer presently: • The Gardens Restaurant serves breakfast daily and will continue to do so. • The Silver Diner is open 7 days a week. • There are still 3 leased retail shops open. • The 1929 Trolley is running (weather permitting). • We are servicing our catered functions out of a brand new kitchen in our convention complex. • The Victorian Lounge is open(snacks available) It is a great concept and we are improving it daily. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
"Disappointed....finish remodeling, then reopen."
This hotel is under renovations and is not ready for regular customer expectations. Toilet won't stop running, concierge said maintenance would come and never did. Ice machine down. Restraunt down. One elevator working. Smells musty. Mold and crumbling ceilings in common areas and above empty ice machines. No gym only treadmill.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
The terminal was great but we sit in traffic from south pittburg to the other side of Nicajack bridge for 4 hours and it cut back on our fun time at Chattanooga tn
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Upkeep PLEASE"
There was no working ice machine and no working vending machien on our floore and only one that did work out of the entire building on level 2. The others that we tried to use, on levels 1, 3, 4 & 5 took our money without producing snacks or sodas.. the building is in desperate need of renovation. The outter door on level 4 would not shut and it was freezing in the hallways. The maid service was excellent!
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry to hear of your about your issues. Thanks for your comment about the housekeeping service. I have reviewed your comments with the respective Department Heads, so that they can take corrective action. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
humberto
"Old, dated, worn out"
the building was old and worn out. Very little updating done in last decade. Needs help.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Could be a great hotel, but needs much work."
Great location downtown with a lot of potential, but we noticed cockroaches in our room. We were unable to notify the front desk as our room phone didn't work. We were later upgraded to a large suite, which was spacious and clean, but sorely in need of an update.
Lynn
"The hotel condition was disappointing"
The hotel was not in the best condition. I was disappointed. Was not happy I had to pay for parking. There was a massive lot, not like the Hotel had to pay for parking
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Very nice hotel. Enjoyed our stay.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your 5 star review. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Jay
"Choo choo hotel"
The hotel is tired, but they were starting an $8m renovation the week after we were there, so I guess it will all be cleaned up. The hotel is a classic old train station with lots of character and train stuff. The staff were very friendly. There is also an old trolley that runs around the hotel property.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the staff in your 4 star reviews. Renovations are well underway with very little impact on the guest. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Great place with great much needed changes."
I am Randall Forth and I stay evey few weeks at the choo choo. It's a great place especially building 3 . Please up date pool but don't take the falls. I was there Saturday night and the fall were off for the cold weather but the pool was frozen and the view was sptucular. The rooms are dated but it's comming along as well as the station as well. Glad to see Comide catch going in will bring new blood to the place. I will keep coming as long as I can afford it. It's a special place and glad someone saw its pontional before it was to late. I am a regular and a comped room would be a good return for such a good and honest review. Keep up the good work.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Randall Forth
"The Chattanooga Choo Choo"
The Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel is going through major renovations. The history of this place is Awesome and you can really feel an energy when you stand next to the trains and stand on the platforms as many people before us have. I will go back when the renovations are done. The breakfast was really good. We ate in the diner car and had pizza it was really good. I can see where the Chattanooga Choo Choo will really shine once again with renovations that are going to be made. Hotel accommodations adequate.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Been here before in warmer weather"
Unaware of renovations taking place. Cold bathroom/cold shower.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Not much to say the pizza train car was cool everything else needs to be renovated
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. We are in the process of renovating as mentioned recently. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM 423-308-2424
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Hotel being renovated"
The hotel was being renovated during our stay.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Historic Hotel with Great Ambiance"
We stayed in a family car. There was one queen bed, a day bed and a trundle. Room space was ample for a family of three, including a teenager. Bathroom was larger than I expected being a train car. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom does not have its own heater and could be chilly if the weather is cold, but, for one night, it was not a problem. Loved, loved, loved the ambiance and the history of the station and the train cars. Most of the shops and restaurants were closed when we were there due to an ongoing restoration and renovation. However, you are in the historic district downtown and there are several places close by. The front desk employee at check-in was just excellent. She was personable and gave complete information about what was still open (we arrived after 9 PM) without being asked. She also gave us a coupon for 50% off the pizza in the dining car. We ate breakfast buffet for $9 per person in the hotel restaurant and found the selections good and food ample. A great stay for train or history lovers and families with kids. It would also be great for a romantic getaway for two. There is also a trolley car tour on site you can take around the train yard and gardens.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Great Ambiance is awesome!! Thanks for the 5 star rating! Also, thank you for your great compliments about our accommodations, staff and service. We always try to be “the best hospitality value in the city”. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sherrie
"bad honeymoon"
This was a honeymoon night for my son and daughter in law. They said the room was so small it gave her a panic attack because she is claustrophobic. The bed was very uncomfortable and there was a very bad smell of chlorine. They ended up leaving and going somewhere else. Not a good experience for your honeymoon. I have requested my money be refunded. I hope hotels.com makes good on this.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry to see your comments. Chattanooga, Tenn. (July 28, 2014) – The Chattanooga Choo Choo announced today that they are planning an $8 million renovation and restoration project. The complex will include a comedy club, 500-capacity music/entertainment venue, retail space and two new restaurants with outdoor patio seating off of Market and 14th streets. The project will also include $1 million to be invested in renovating the hotel rooms in Building One. Thanks for your impressions about the Southside; it enables me to let the public know about the area. As I have mentioned before, the Southside of downtown (our area) has undergone a revitalization with restaurants (7), retail and housing ($300,000+ condo’s) in the last couple of years. There are 2 buildings across the street that have been purchased and will be developed in the future. There have been millions of dollars invested in our area and we are very proud of it. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
jane
"sad!!!!"
Taking away the Station house was the reason we came,room not as nice! Before we never had to use our car seemed everything was closed but not this time! The station house was the worse thing you could have gotten rid of! It was my birthday that we stayed last year,so very disappointed probably want come back!!!!!!!!!!!!
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry to see your comments. Don’t be sad, we have several new restaurants coming soon. . Chattanooga, Tenn. (July 28, 2014) – The Chattanooga Choo Choo announced today that they are planning an $8 million renovation and restoration project. The complex will include a comedy club, 500-capacity music/entertainment venue, retail space and two new restaurants with outdoor patio seating off of Market and 14th streets. The project will also include $1 million to be invested in renovating the hotel rooms in Building One. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Frankie
Hotel rooms are very outdated and need a lot of work. Bed did not even have a blanket and we had to turn up the very noisy heater just to stay warm. The only thing good about it was that it was only 150 yards from the Track29 Venue that we went to..
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Paying for Architechture"
Historical architecture is stunning but it seems that's what you're paying for. Rooms are very outdated and run down. Check-in staff was not polite or welcoming. Better to stay at another hotel and just visit this one.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
"Depressing"
This hotel is badly in need of renovation. Indoor pool was cold. Hot tub was pathetic. Place is just drab and dreary. Has potential, they just need to put some work into it.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"dont bother with a room"
We had booked a deluxe room which was far from deluxe. The room was about like a cheap roadside motel.we upgraded to a family train car which was absolutely awsome. The front desk was very helpfull and our room change was fast and easy. My family will never forget that one of a kind night in a private train car, rather than the sub par room we booked. We will definitely be back to the choo choo!
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Choo Choo train car"
We paid extra to stay in a train car. While the sleeping area was nice, the bathroom was a dump. Ran out of hot water after the first person took a shower. You would think if your going to charge more for a room, it should be in better shape. So either the rest of the place is a dump, or they just don't care what people think.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
thenoeman
"Great old trail station horrible rooms!"
Great installations but horrible rooms. It's great to visit the hotel to see the old train station but DONT stay there.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Juan P.
Room needs updating bad!! Most of all, the bed was horrible... Had to try to avoid broken springs in mattress! The absolute worst bed I have ever slept on!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
tammy
"Stay in the train car!"
My boyfriend and I stayed in the train car room. The hotel is an old train station so there is a definate old feel, but it is so unique staying in the train car we loved it! There are starting some renevations though so I can't wait to visit again!
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Caitlin
"Personal perspective"
The people were nice but unable to provide receipts for parking due to installation of new equipment. They were supposed to email me a receipt which has yet to arrive. The room I stayed in was clean but very old and out dated, furniture old. The room was overpriced for the condition.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"Very average"
I love trains, so this hotel has been on my bucket list most of my life. While the atmosphere was neat, the hotel rooms were very average. The elevator in building 2 sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. The gift shop carried some interesting items related to trains and the history of Chattanooga, but many items were strange, cheap toys. I would stay here again for a one-night stay in the Chattanooga area. If I were staying longer, I would seek out a nicer hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Paige
"Wonderful for the location."
My husband and I stayed one evening while seeing a show at track 29. Location was perfect, just a short walk from our room. The room was pretty basic, but all in all suited our needs. We had a small incident with a lost coat which wasn't handled the best by their staff. We waited over an hour for them to look for it, then were told they didn't have it. The next day we received a call and they had located it. We live about 2 hours away so scheduling a way to go get it was a little bit of a hassle. Lessen learned for us, double check that you have everything before you turn in the keys!
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Meredith
"Nice experience, but wouldn't do it again."
The train rooms are nice, but small and not worth the price...There is also a sewer or plumbing smell in the main lobby.
1 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2014
Jerome
"Close to music venue"
Good location they are renovating would stay again.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Neat historical hotel!"
Kid friendly!! The courtyard was lovely!! The only complaint was check in was slow and room was not available at check in.
nurselady
"Do not stay at the Choo choo"
Bathroom was dirty , no maid service for clean towels hair I. The sink, killed 2 Cochran and hotel staff totally disengaged customer service
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Very old and under maintained facilities. The building I stayed in was going through renovations that looked VERY past due. The beds in the rooms were awful (springs poking into your back). Tried to use the "business center" to print some tickets. It was a PC and printer behind a floor cleaner that looked like it hadn't seen a good dusting in a decade. I used a $100 coupon that I had earned on Expedia, so I only paid $30 for the room. I assure you had I been paying $130 for one night in this place, I would have left and found other accommodations.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Train car stay nice, but facilities need updating."
My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary by reserving a train car room. The experience of sleeping in an actual passenger car was very nice. However, the facilities need updating in a bad way. Pros: Room was well furnished and very clean. Hotel staff were extremely friendly. Check in was smooth with no surprises. Hotel lobby was very impressive. Nice restaurant and gift shops. Cons: The hotel is extremely dated. While the train car room was heated, the bathroom was not. Signs on sink ask you to leave the faucets dripping to keep them from freezing. Obviously, you're in a train car, so that's expected. But the loose or cracked floor tiles, the shower/tub fixtures separated from the unit...that's not. Walls between rooms in the car (two rooms per train car) were paper thin...could hear plainly the conversation going on next door. Exterior lighting throughout the facility needed to be improved. In it's heyday, this facility was an envy to all hotel establishments. However, time has certainly taken its toll. Hopefully, the hotel's owners will embark on a total renovation so that the Chattanooga Choo Choo can once again be a draw to this area of Chattanooga.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Old, out-dated"
I am sure that once upon a time, this hotel was "it." The lobby was nothing short of amazing!! Historical and beyond gorgeous!! The trains outside were OK buy nothing awesome. Our room was a good walk away from the lobby in the building with the indoor pool. I'll get to the pool later. The building is old, smells bad and has not been well-maintained. The rooms are a decent size and the beds were comfortable enough. The sliding glass door in the room didn't lock...it was broken and the door was open about 1 inch when we arrived. The bathroom looked clean enough, but there was urine and toilet paper in the toilet! The shower curtain was loose and the main door from the hallway didn't lock unless the door was slammed. My 7 YO daughter opened the door on our return trip from parking our car. Parking is a nightmare! I paid to park, but it was merely a hunting license! I still had to park pretty far away from our room. The indoor pool was freezing cold (so much that my 7YO and 5 YO nephew didn't want to swim very long), and so over chlorinated that my eyes and nose burned after only walking through the building. The check-in staff were rude and seemed annoyed about my desire to check in. Santa and his elves were in the main lobby, and that was a pleasant surprise for the kids!! Loved that! Most of the restaurants were closed, but the one that was open had a pretty decent breakfast...it was better than hauling a bunch of kids around a shady area of the city to find somewhere elseto
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
EH
"Must stay at least once!"
Perfect location. Attractive room. Bed could be more comfortable. Needs repairs and they are doing some. Restaurant was only open for breakfast, but there are good options close by.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Getaway"
Awesome hotel! Many things for families or couples to do close by!
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
linda
"Loved our stay!"
We LOVED our stay here! It was exactly what I expected and my kids had the best time! Location isn't amazing but it was well worth it and we will be back!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Emily
"Seen better days. Hope it will rise again."
We took a long weekend getaway but didn't want to stay at a big chain hotel. We opted for the Choo Choo because of the unique atmosphere, even though it was as costly as the larger, newer places. I had stayed there before about 10-15 years ago and had fond memories of it. The room was nice, nothing fancy but reasonably comfortable. However, the public spaces were pretty run down and dingy looking. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the lobby is still impressive. There was renovation going on and not a day too soon. Some of the vendor areas are still closed. May keep an eye on progress and try again when the work has been completed. As it is, we should have gone with a big name hotel for now. Restaurants in the immediate area are excellent and the free shuttle to the downtown/arts district/aquarium is very handy.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"location"
nice experience, easy access with free shuttle, walked around downtown, took in all the sights and great dining. Drove over and rode Incline Railway
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"highly recommend & worth going to visit"
I am a history buff so this was right up my alley!!! I have to say it was really more than I expected. They are doing some renovations but they don't hender anything. Our room was very spacious with minimal furnishings which is fine with me. The bathroom was up to date. The TV was flat screen & the beds were not too bad. We had a double bed room which had a TV, dresser, table & chairs & two double beds. the room was so big they definitely could fit a loveseat in with still lots of room. There are several restaurants onsite & the prices were extremely reasonable. This is a big complex with several buildings of rooms and plenty of parking. The buildings are dated that is visible from the exterior but the inside is kept up to date & clean. The Lobby is beautiful. The train car units are right in the depot along with a garden, water features, gas lanterns at night, security. I will definitely be returning and staying in a train car room. I highly recommend staying here if you have the chance. I loved the sign on top of the building!!!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Gracie
"Chattanooga"
Room was well decorated. Linens were very stiff and scratchy. Bed was comfortable. Doors and walls were beat up and worn. Lobby is beautiful. Restaurant was ok
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Crystal
"So so for the $$$ spent"
Everything was fantastic when we checked in, and the lady at the front desk was very professional. When I went to use the restroom last evening I noticed there was a clothing sticker (Hollister size M to be exact) affixed to the bathroom door. When I went to use the daybed to fall asleep, there was a huge rip in the comforter. The bathtub was dirty, and there was no hot water this morning. When we called the front desk they sent the maintenance guy. He informed me the train cars were not on the same boiler as the rest of the regular rooms and to wait 10-15 minutes to give the train cars time to catch up. As you know it was quite chilly in Chattanooga this morning so taking a cold shower was not something I was happy with. However with our final destination 2 hours away I had to brave the challenge so to speak.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"The Train Has Left the Building!!"
Severely disappointed. We are from out of state and haven't had a family vacation in several years, so we were looking forward to staying in Chattanooga as we have friends in the area. We picked the Choo Choo because it looked intriguing and had an indoor pool. We were given a room in the third building, which highly resembled the Bates Motel, too far away from any amenity we would have enjoyed near the lobby. It was a block away from the nice looking, newly renovated lobby. I understand the hotel is under construction, but putting us in the run-down third building at the back of the complex when hardly anyone else seemed to be occupying the hotel during this Thanksgiving week seemed wrong. And then I was never verbally informed that parking would be 7 dollars a day, yet no one else was parked in the lot. Even though no one seemed to be on our floor, housekeeping would wake us up every morning around 8:30 shouting down the hall to each other and playing music loudly. We left the room around 10am each day and would come back at 10 pm and yet housekeeping only cleaned our room once in the 4 days. We had to call for towels every day and had to ask for a rollaway cot twice. The receptionist gave me attitude when I asked for the money back for parking. She said the parking charge was for security, but we only saw security guards present the first night. So when the manager came, she agreed to refund two of the four parking fees. That's it. Not happy at all.
4 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Hotel in need of renovations"
This hotel was chosen because it was close to the Track 29 venue. I think the hotel is being renovated and needs it badly. The beds were very uncomfortable and the bathroom tub and shower area was very old. The shower curtain was old and the pole rusted. So, until it is renovated, would not stay again.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Disappointing"
The hotel is undergoing a renovation. Except for the fact that most of the restaurants and shops were closed, the renovation wasn't really a disruption. There are aspects of the facility, however, that are problematic and that either aren't being addressed or won't be addressed by the renovation. The main building with the main lobby is very nice. The rooms however, are in separate, unattractive/boring brick block buildings. If there is a problem (like if your key card stops working, like mine did) you have to hike or drive to the main building/lobby. The room looked like it had new carpet and paint, and while that was nice, the room overall was a swing-and-a-miss. While some furniture was new, other pieces were old and in bad shape; all of it was a miss-match. The bottom sheet didn't fit the bed and kept coming loose during the night. The mattress wasn't particularly comfortable. There was a light bulb missing from a lamp. Except for the main building ... disappointing ... not a three star hotel in my opinion.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014