All hotels in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1400 Market Street, Chattanooga, TN, 37402, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great place with great much needed changes."
I am Randall Forth and I stay evey few weeks at the choo choo. It's a great place especially building 3 . Please up date pool but don't take the falls. I was there Saturday night and the fall were off for the cold weather but the pool was frozen and the view was sptucular. The rooms are dated but it's comming along as well as the station as well. Glad to see Comide catch going in will bring new blood to the place. I will keep coming as long as I can afford it. It's a special place and glad someone saw its pontional before it was to late. I am a regular and a comped room would be a good return for such a good and honest review. Keep up the good work.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Randall Forth
"The Chattanooga Choo Choo"
The Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel is going through major renovations. The history of this place is Awesome and you can really feel an energy when you stand next to the trains and stand on the platforms as many people before us have. I will go back when the renovations are done. The breakfast was really good. We ate in the diner car and had pizza it was really good. I can see where the Chattanooga Choo Choo will really shine once again with renovations that are going to be made. Hotel accommodations adequate.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Been here before in warmer weather"
Unaware of renovations taking place. Cold bathroom/cold shower.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Not much to say the pizza train car was cool everything else needs to be renovated
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Hotel being renovated"
The hotel was being renovated during our stay.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Historic Hotel with Great Ambiance"
We stayed in a family car. There was one queen bed, a day bed and a trundle. Room space was ample for a family of three, including a teenager. Bathroom was larger than I expected being a train car. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom does not have its own heater and could be chilly if the weather is cold, but, for one night, it was not a problem. Loved, loved, loved the ambiance and the history of the station and the train cars. Most of the shops and restaurants were closed when we were there due to an ongoing restoration and renovation. However, you are in the historic district downtown and there are several places close by. The front desk employee at check-in was just excellent. She was personable and gave complete information about what was still open (we arrived after 9 PM) without being asked. She also gave us a coupon for 50% off the pizza in the dining car. We ate breakfast buffet for $9 per person in the hotel restaurant and found the selections good and food ample. A great stay for train or history lovers and families with kids. It would also be great for a romantic getaway for two. There is also a trolley car tour on site you can take around the train yard and gardens.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sherrie
"bad honeymoon"
This was a honeymoon night for my son and daughter in law. They said the room was so small it gave her a panic attack because she is claustrophobic. The bed was very uncomfortable and there was a very bad smell of chlorine. They ended up leaving and going somewhere else. Not a good experience for your honeymoon. I have requested my money be refunded. I hope hotels.com makes good on this.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
jane
"sad!!!!"
Taking away the Station house was the reason we came,room not as nice! Before we never had to use our car seemed everything was closed but not this time! The station house was the worse thing you could have gotten rid of! It was my birthday that we stayed last year,so very disappointed probably want come back!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Frankie
Hotel rooms are very outdated and need a lot of work. Bed did not even have a blanket and we had to turn up the very noisy heater just to stay warm. The only thing good about it was that it was only 150 yards from the Track29 Venue that we went to..
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Paying for Architechture"
Historical architecture is stunning but it seems that's what you're paying for. Rooms are very outdated and run down. Check-in staff was not polite or welcoming. Better to stay at another hotel and just visit this one.
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
"Depressing"
This hotel is badly in need of renovation. Indoor pool was cold. Hot tub was pathetic. Place is just drab and dreary. Has potential, they just need to put some work into it.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"dont bother with a room"
We had booked a deluxe room which was far from deluxe. The room was about like a cheap roadside motel.we upgraded to a family train car which was absolutely awsome. The front desk was very helpfull and our room change was fast and easy. My family will never forget that one of a kind night in a private train car, rather than the sub par room we booked. We will definitely be back to the choo choo!
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Choo Choo train car"
We paid extra to stay in a train car. While the sleeping area was nice, the bathroom was a dump. Ran out of hot water after the first person took a shower. You would think if your going to charge more for a room, it should be in better shape. So either the rest of the place is a dump, or they just don't care what people think.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
thenoeman
"Great old trail station horrible rooms!"
Great installations but horrible rooms. It's great to visit the hotel to see the old train station but DONT stay there.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Juan P.
Room needs updating bad!! Most of all, the bed was horrible... Had to try to avoid broken springs in mattress! The absolute worst bed I have ever slept on!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
tammy
"Stay in the train car!"
My boyfriend and I stayed in the train car room. The hotel is an old train station so there is a definate old feel, but it is so unique staying in the train car we loved it! There are starting some renevations though so I can't wait to visit again!
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Caitlin
"Personal perspective"
The people were nice but unable to provide receipts for parking due to installation of new equipment. They were supposed to email me a receipt which has yet to arrive. The room I stayed in was clean but very old and out dated, furniture old. The room was overpriced for the condition.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"Very average"
I love trains, so this hotel has been on my bucket list most of my life. While the atmosphere was neat, the hotel rooms were very average. The elevator in building 2 sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. The gift shop carried some interesting items related to trains and the history of Chattanooga, but many items were strange, cheap toys. I would stay here again for a one-night stay in the Chattanooga area. If I were staying longer, I would seek out a nicer hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Paige
"Wonderful for the location."
My husband and I stayed one evening while seeing a show at track 29. Location was perfect, just a short walk from our room. The room was pretty basic, but all in all suited our needs. We had a small incident with a lost coat which wasn't handled the best by their staff. We waited over an hour for them to look for it, then were told they didn't have it. The next day we received a call and they had located it. We live about 2 hours away so scheduling a way to go get it was a little bit of a hassle. Lessen learned for us, double check that you have everything before you turn in the keys!
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Meredith
"Nice experience, but wouldn't do it again."
The train rooms are nice, but small and not worth the price...There is also a sewer or plumbing smell in the main lobby.
1 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2014
Jerome
"Close to music venue"
Good location they are renovating would stay again.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Neat historical hotel!"
Kid friendly!! The courtyard was lovely!! The only complaint was check in was slow and room was not available at check in.
nurselady
"Do not stay at the Choo choo"
Bathroom was dirty , no maid service for clean towels hair I. The sink, killed 2 Cochran and hotel staff totally disengaged customer service
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Very old and under maintained facilities. The building I stayed in was going through renovations that looked VERY past due. The beds in the rooms were awful (springs poking into your back). Tried to use the "business center" to print some tickets. It was a PC and printer behind a floor cleaner that looked like it hadn't seen a good dusting in a decade. I used a $100 coupon that I had earned on Expedia, so I only paid $30 for the room. I assure you had I been paying $130 for one night in this place, I would have left and found other accommodations.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Train car stay nice, but facilities need updating."
My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary by reserving a train car room. The experience of sleeping in an actual passenger car was very nice. However, the facilities need updating in a bad way. Pros: Room was well furnished and very clean. Hotel staff were extremely friendly. Check in was smooth with no surprises. Hotel lobby was very impressive. Nice restaurant and gift shops. Cons: The hotel is extremely dated. While the train car room was heated, the bathroom was not. Signs on sink ask you to leave the faucets dripping to keep them from freezing. Obviously, you're in a train car, so that's expected. But the loose or cracked floor tiles, the shower/tub fixtures separated from the unit...that's not. Walls between rooms in the car (two rooms per train car) were paper thin...could hear plainly the conversation going on next door. Exterior lighting throughout the facility needed to be improved. In it's heyday, this facility was an envy to all hotel establishments. However, time has certainly taken its toll. Hopefully, the hotel's owners will embark on a total renovation so that the Chattanooga Choo Choo can once again be a draw to this area of Chattanooga.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Old, out-dated"
I am sure that once upon a time, this hotel was "it." The lobby was nothing short of amazing!! Historical and beyond gorgeous!! The trains outside were OK buy nothing awesome. Our room was a good walk away from the lobby in the building with the indoor pool. I'll get to the pool later. The building is old, smells bad and has not been well-maintained. The rooms are a decent size and the beds were comfortable enough. The sliding glass door in the room didn't lock...it was broken and the door was open about 1 inch when we arrived. The bathroom looked clean enough, but there was urine and toilet paper in the toilet! The shower curtain was loose and the main door from the hallway didn't lock unless the door was slammed. My 7 YO daughter opened the door on our return trip from parking our car. Parking is a nightmare! I paid to park, but it was merely a hunting license! I still had to park pretty far away from our room. The indoor pool was freezing cold (so much that my 7YO and 5 YO nephew didn't want to swim very long), and so over chlorinated that my eyes and nose burned after only walking through the building. The check-in staff were rude and seemed annoyed about my desire to check in. Santa and his elves were in the main lobby, and that was a pleasant surprise for the kids!! Loved that! Most of the restaurants were closed, but the one that was open had a pretty decent breakfast...it was better than hauling a bunch of kids around a shady area of the city to find somewhere elseto
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
EH
"Must stay at least once!"
Perfect location. Attractive room. Bed could be more comfortable. Needs repairs and they are doing some. Restaurant was only open for breakfast, but there are good options close by.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Getaway"
Awesome hotel! Many things for families or couples to do close by!
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
linda
"Loved our stay!"
We LOVED our stay here! It was exactly what I expected and my kids had the best time! Location isn't amazing but it was well worth it and we will be back!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Emily
"Seen better days. Hope it will rise again."
We took a long weekend getaway but didn't want to stay at a big chain hotel. We opted for the Choo Choo because of the unique atmosphere, even though it was as costly as the larger, newer places. I had stayed there before about 10-15 years ago and had fond memories of it. The room was nice, nothing fancy but reasonably comfortable. However, the public spaces were pretty run down and dingy looking. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and the lobby is still impressive. There was renovation going on and not a day too soon. Some of the vendor areas are still closed. May keep an eye on progress and try again when the work has been completed. As it is, we should have gone with a big name hotel for now. Restaurants in the immediate area are excellent and the free shuttle to the downtown/arts district/aquarium is very handy.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"location"
nice experience, easy access with free shuttle, walked around downtown, took in all the sights and great dining. Drove over and rode Incline Railway
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"highly recommend & worth going to visit"
I am a history buff so this was right up my alley!!! I have to say it was really more than I expected. They are doing some renovations but they don't hender anything. Our room was very spacious with minimal furnishings which is fine with me. The bathroom was up to date. The TV was flat screen & the beds were not too bad. We had a double bed room which had a TV, dresser, table & chairs & two double beds. the room was so big they definitely could fit a loveseat in with still lots of room. There are several restaurants onsite & the prices were extremely reasonable. This is a big complex with several buildings of rooms and plenty of parking. The buildings are dated that is visible from the exterior but the inside is kept up to date & clean. The Lobby is beautiful. The train car units are right in the depot along with a garden, water features, gas lanterns at night, security. I will definitely be returning and staying in a train car room. I highly recommend staying here if you have the chance. I loved the sign on top of the building!!!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Gracie
"Chattanooga"
Room was well decorated. Linens were very stiff and scratchy. Bed was comfortable. Doors and walls were beat up and worn. Lobby is beautiful. Restaurant was ok
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Crystal
"So so for the $$$ spent"
Everything was fantastic when we checked in, and the lady at the front desk was very professional. When I went to use the restroom last evening I noticed there was a clothing sticker (Hollister size M to be exact) affixed to the bathroom door. When I went to use the daybed to fall asleep, there was a huge rip in the comforter. The bathtub was dirty, and there was no hot water this morning. When we called the front desk they sent the maintenance guy. He informed me the train cars were not on the same boiler as the rest of the regular rooms and to wait 10-15 minutes to give the train cars time to catch up. As you know it was quite chilly in Chattanooga this morning so taking a cold shower was not something I was happy with. However with our final destination 2 hours away I had to brave the challenge so to speak.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"The Train Has Left the Building!!"
Severely disappointed. We are from out of state and haven't had a family vacation in several years, so we were looking forward to staying in Chattanooga as we have friends in the area. We picked the Choo Choo because it looked intriguing and had an indoor pool. We were given a room in the third building, which highly resembled the Bates Motel, too far away from any amenity we would have enjoyed near the lobby. It was a block away from the nice looking, newly renovated lobby. I understand the hotel is under construction, but putting us in the run-down third building at the back of the complex when hardly anyone else seemed to be occupying the hotel during this Thanksgiving week seemed wrong. And then I was never verbally informed that parking would be 7 dollars a day, yet no one else was parked in the lot. Even though no one seemed to be on our floor, housekeeping would wake us up every morning around 8:30 shouting down the hall to each other and playing music loudly. We left the room around 10am each day and would come back at 10 pm and yet housekeeping only cleaned our room once in the 4 days. We had to call for towels every day and had to ask for a rollaway cot twice. The receptionist gave me attitude when I asked for the money back for parking. She said the parking charge was for security, but we only saw security guards present the first night. So when the manager came, she agreed to refund two of the four parking fees. That's it. Not happy at all.
4 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Hotel in need of renovations"
This hotel was chosen because it was close to the Track 29 venue. I think the hotel is being renovated and needs it badly. The beds were very uncomfortable and the bathroom tub and shower area was very old. The shower curtain was old and the pole rusted. So, until it is renovated, would not stay again.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Disappointing"
The hotel is undergoing a renovation. Except for the fact that most of the restaurants and shops were closed, the renovation wasn't really a disruption. There are aspects of the facility, however, that are problematic and that either aren't being addressed or won't be addressed by the renovation. The main building with the main lobby is very nice. The rooms however, are in separate, unattractive/boring brick block buildings. If there is a problem (like if your key card stops working, like mine did) you have to hike or drive to the main building/lobby. The room looked like it had new carpet and paint, and while that was nice, the room overall was a swing-and-a-miss. While some furniture was new, other pieces were old and in bad shape; all of it was a miss-match. The bottom sheet didn't fit the bed and kept coming loose during the night. The mattress wasn't particularly comfortable. There was a light bulb missing from a lamp. Except for the main building ... disappointing ... not a three star hotel in my opinion.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
T
"Great Location/Worth the Money"
Great price for the location! Room was nice & clean, just more out of date than what I expected. Nice view of the pool with a waterfall......Too bad it wasn't summertime. Would definitely stay again
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"bucket list"
we stayed on a train car. luckily my husband had stayed there before so he warned me it would be a very basic room. it was klitchy cool, but we won't be staying there again on the train. maybe the hotel, but definitely not the train. way overpriced..but I can check it off the bucket list.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
CINDY
"It looks like it was a nice place, 20 years ago."
Overall appearance was rather shabby, maintenance of the facility was lacking. The outer hotels felt unsafe, no staff at night and the access card doors were inoperative. We had peeling white tape covering holes in the wall and the sliding balconly door lock was not working as well. The staff either knew nothing or was unwilling to share information about local attraction around the hotel. They hardly shared information about the few amenities that were open in the complex.
"Bleh.."
It's definitely an older hotel. I expected it to be somewhat nicer. We were disappointed with our room. It sufficed as a place to sleep - nothing special.
"Don't waste your time or money"
My husband and I chose Chattanooga as our "babymoon" destination. The Choo Choo sounded great, given it's history and status as a popular historic hotel. Let me start off by saying we are not hard to please, but your advertising should mirror what you get in the end. The hotel is not in the good part of downtown. There were abandoned and closed buildings everywhere. The good part of downtown is nice, but not exactly within walking distance for a pregnant gal. They were going through a renovation period, as evident by their many signs, but the smell in the lobby was disenchanting, which was a shame bc it is a very beautiful lobby. We stayed in Hotel 2 and I reserved a room with a king size bed but when we opened our door, we found two regular beds instead. I called the front to make sure they had us for the right room and instead of answering my question, they offered us a $40/night upgrade. Not wanting a headache or spending the extra money, we let it go. The room left much to be desired. There's no fridge, the beds were very uncomfortable, peeling wallpaper, small bathroom, and no snack machine on any floor, which was disappointing to someone in the 3rd trimester. The elevator needed maintenance, judging by the ear piecing squeal when in use. We tried finding some stairs, but no luck. The restaurants are terrible. We ate supper at the Station House and the food was very bland and overpriced and the place was very dim and crowded. Plus they charged for the entertainment!
"Interesting Historical Experience"
Room was a old train parlor car. Unfortunately it was a cold day and the heating system had failed. It took a better part of a day for maintenance to correct the problem. The facility was undergoing renovation and most of the dining facilities were closed. There were very few restaurants within walking distance though there was free electric buses that took you down to the aquarium area where restaurants and entertainment was plentiful.
Ed
"Unique Hotel"
The Hotel lobby was pretty cool. It was an old train station that they made into a hotel. We did have a little problem when we got there, but the manager that was on duty did a everything to fix the situation. They have a breakfast buffet in the morning and he gave us a voucher for $25.00 so we got breakfast for free. Don't think I would stay there again, but it was a good price and close to where we were going.
"Needs Renovation"
We stayed for historical reasons. The room was dated and the bed was not comfortable. We look forward to see what their $8 million reno brings.
"it's called the famous Choo-Choo"
It's very hard to believe that one of the main tourist attractions in town would be so out of date and ran down.
"Unique hotel"
This hotel is really unique. It is built around an old train station and has quaint shops and dining opportunities on the grounds. They also have free transportation around town and the staff is very helpful. While this hotel/complex is not surrounded by an attractive part of Chattanooga, it is a great place to stay for families and business travelers alike. Great pool and lots for kids to do and see....a lot of history at this hotel.
eric
"weekend getaway"
It was fine.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Go there for dinner only"
Hotel needs updating. Foyer was beautiful, but rooms were old. Restaurant was delightful. Steak delish, but skip crabcrakes.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Kimberly
"Pleasant"
The hotel was nice enough. A little dated and hard to get around at first since it's broken up into three different buildings. My nephew loves trains so we took him here for a family trip while I had business earlier in the week in the city. The free shuttle is awesome.
2 night family trip Nov 14, 2014