All hotels in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America
1400 Market Street, Chattanooga, TN, 37402, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Fun and Unique with a side of Renovation"
This hotel has it's faults. They are in the middle of major renovations. All the buildings interiors (that we saw) have some age on them, but I think it adds to the charm. The lobby has a leaky roof and such, but I am glad that they are saving a landmark building by giving the old depot a new purpose. It's scheduled for more work soon. We didn't stay in a train car, but next time we will. They looked amazing. I think my son (who is 3) had just as much fun playing around the trains at the hotel as he did at the train station. He loved it, our room was clean, and the hotel as a whole had an atmosphere. If you can get past the renovation it's a fun and unique place to stay. We will be going back.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Alison
"Not a Couples Hotel"
This hotel needs a good bit of updating. The elevators, stairwells, and hallways were all not very well kept but this is primarily because of the age of the hotel. It was fine for a bachelor weekend but if you're looking for a romantic getaway this isn't the place.
2 night trip Apr 17, 2015
"Choo choo renovation couldn't come fast enough."
Hotel was in a good spot to go where we needed. Staff was fine, we didn't really ask for anything so I can't really rate that. They were all nice. The breakfast buffet was cold and overpriced. $30 bucks for 2 people and the best thing was cereal. Cold biscuit, cold gravy.... The hotel.. well that's another story. We stayed in building one. It rained the whole time we were there. When we arrived and entered the building, part of the ceiling tile had disintegrated and fall on the floor. Nothing major, just a quick vacuum would have cleaned it up, but no one did. It was there the whole time we were. The walk into our room hallway, by the pool was basically a puddle the entire way. Floor was soaked. The room overall and that hallway was fine. The bed was not comfortable though. We both woke up with bad backs and rolled into the middle. We still had fun though. Can't wait to see this place once it's redone. It's long over due.
2 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
Andra
"Creepy, weird, dirty, stay away!"
Worst hotel I've ever stayed in. This place is terrible and kind of creepy. When I checked in the lobby was cool, it's in an old train station. When I got to the room, which is way on the back of the property, things got weird. My room was not done being clean, in fact, I think the housekeepers were using it for their daytime television viewing pleasure. The door was unlocked, the tv was on and there were fast food wrappers on the table. I called the front desk, they moved me to another room. The next morning the I turned on the shower, and there was literally no water coming out of it. I played around with it for a few minutes and got a little water out. Then when I grabbed a towel, it looked like it may have never been washed. It had brown and yellow stains all over it, disgusting. The staff was very apologetic to me, obviously a skill they practice often. They comped my parking (which is a huge parking lot on their property)...thanks a lot guys! Chattanooga has a lot of good things to offer, this unfortunately is not one of them. Stay away
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Great Getaway"
Stay at the Choo Choo often. Always consistent with no surprises. Convenient to trolley system. You can go all over Chattanooga without getting in your car.
2 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
"Nice charming Hotel"
It was a great family oriented hotel. The indoor pool was nice and close to all the attractions. We would def stay there again!
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Chattanooga Choo Choo, maybe stay somewhere else"
Check in was easy, but we soon learned that only 1 restaurant was open and the hotel trolley wasnt in working order. The rooms are acceptable, but it had an odor, like an old musty building, (which it is an old building) Our Air worked but it seemed to increase the musty smell. Our bathroom had no shower curtain and our toilet seat was very loose. I had immediate response to have this corrected, but It certainly made me wonder if the bathrooms were truly cleaned, any cleaning lady would of noticed these things. We went with another couple that ended up being moved from there room about midnight because upon our return from our sight seeing there room was flooded. I feel that the overall stay was not worth the money. I would of been more comfortable at a Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, etc..
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"Well that was fun"
The hotel is not a 5 star by a long shot but the funky idea of staying in a old train depot lets you over look the hotel conditions. The rooms were clean and the beds ok with good sheets. The room was dated but added to the charm. Overall I would probably stay in a little more upscale next time to Chattanooga but the first in town stay here.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Nice train, incredible concept bit FILTHY"
The smell hits you when you walk in and then it is down hill from there. Bathroom was old and dirty, broken tiles and rain water was coming in. No way I was showering there. Comforters were ripped and the carpet was shredded. Restaurants were closed due to reconstruction. Wasted my money
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
soccer mom
"Gross rooms not worth $100"
When you walk into guest services you see an open area that is beautiful. There you see train cars and get excited thinking it'll be so gorgeous and you can't wait to see what the room will look like. We got to our room and were disappointed. There were stains on the curtains, water stains on the ceiling, the bathtub floor was peeling off, there was one burnt lightbulb in the bathroom and some parts of the walls were painted different colors. It looked like a motel room I should have paid $20 to stay in.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
delaina
"Choo Choo hotel"
This hotel has a wonderful historical presence. As for staying the night, very low star level hotel. It is about to undergo a 30 million $ renovation. I am sure the accommodation will be upgraded at that time. Was disappointed, train car smelled, noisy, lots of smoking outside that seeped into the room from other guest.
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
"About 25 years too late to the party. . ."
Overall, the Hotel is a little bit dated, but a lot of signs said they were undergoing renovations. It was still really nice, and the staff was very friendly. We were in town for a concert at Track 29 so the location couldn't be beat for us. A lot of downtown was within walking distance, even though it seemed the nightlife died down before midnight, even on a Saturday night. Recommend the Pickle Barrel a few blocks up for a late night snack though!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Great but a few issues."
We had issues with our first assigned room and when Jeremy, one of the evening staff members, came to see the issues, he immediately got us moved. He even upgraded us to one of the rail cars. What am awesome way to make up for an otherwise bad experience. They're in the middle of renovations, so I'd highly recommend waiting til they're done before staying there.
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
edward
"Not recommend"
The carpet was nasty, the glass door was not seal cold air leak a lot, front door was not seal neither you can feel the cold air, the air vents on the bathroom make noise all night, the sink was cracked, the chairs in the room was so hard it heard to sit down, no refrigerator in the room, we have to pay parking to stay in the hotel, we have to pay for breakfast most hotel include breakfast, the toilet ran all night I call the receptionist I they said they will take care 4 days with noise at night, not recommended to any one to stay there,
Bad hotel
"Exactly what I expected"
We just stayed for 1 night in a traincar room. It wasnt the most comfortable bed. The hot water doesn't last long, and it was a little noisy...However, it is to be expected for being an old traincar. It didnt bother my daughter (who thought it was awesome to sleep in a traincar) at all, and that's why we went there to begin with.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Derek
It was nice. I enjoyed the location of the hotel to downtown: Track 29, Terminal Brewhouse, Tennessee Stillhouse just to name a few. It was a blast!
"Don't stay here!!!!!!"
Hotel is run down, old and very dirty. Shower was disgusting. Told hotel staff about our disappointment but they did not care. Never again!!
"good be better"
advertised items in hotel were not available-was doing remodeling. spa was located 2 buildings away from main lobby.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
kenneth
"Beautiful check in area gave false impression."
The check in area is stunning and beautiful and makes you feel like you are embarking on a wonderful adventure. Once you get your room assignment you leave the beauty of the revamped train station and drive around behind to buildings that look like low budget hotels. Our room was sufficient for spending the night and at one time I'm sure was very nice but it gave the appearance of being "tired" and in need of refreshing. The carpet was that carpet that I did not want to walk barefoot on as it felt tacky. We noticed there were train cars that you could actually stay in and although that sounds like a lot of fun I have to wonder what condition they would be in. Our check in clerk was very "bored" sounding with his job, rushed through the map he was showing us, had no smiles and I don't believe we were welcomed to the hotel. Very disappointed.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Wait til the renovations are done"
They will be renovating, so everything was closed. Only the breakfast buffet was open. The rooms are very outdated. Once the renovations are done it should be great. But it is just run down now. Glad I could appreciate the history of the place, otherwise it would be a total dissappointment.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Good location, historic place, but needs updating"
The rooms are VERY outdated. But, the price was good and location excellent. The service at check-in and from the cleaning staff was great. They gave us a letter saying they were undergoing renovations, so I hope they focus on the rooms sooner rather than later.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
M. TODD
"Needs updating"
We stayed in the train cars and they need to be updated/redone. Being an antique rail car does not mean it needs old furniture and flooring (warped tops, cracked tiles and dirty grout). Some rich, vibrant velvet or tapestry would be welcoming.
"Unhappy Trip"
We were excited about staying at the ChooChoo but ended up very disappointed. The accommodations were old smelling and stale. The shower curtan smelled of mildew. Our room had an odd order maybe due to the age of the carpet or something. The pool area was nice but also smelled of mildew. We would like to visit again and stay in a train car but the order would keep us away. We were told that there was new management of the hotel and renivations were going to start. I think if the ChooChoo was updated then there will be again an appeal to stay especially with the historical past the the ChooChoo has.
Pamela
"Noise and dated"
Pool doesn't close til 11:00pm- no control over screwing kids. Rooms very dated- no fridge :/. Employees very nice. Best part of this hotel is the lobby!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Tina
Could use a renovation. Staff was excellent. Location is great!!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
christine
Hotel is going thru a remodel. Room was nice and clean. Service was great. I did not know but we had to pay extra to park. 7 dollars per night to park on the property.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Terrible"
I'm not a fancy guy. But when exposed box springs are staring you in the face you wonder where do they get off charging these kind of prices.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Room was clean..."
Rooms are old and outdated. We were at the end of the 2nd floor hallway by the door. Every time someone went in or out of the door it SLAMMED! We could hear tv's playing and babies crying in other rooms. We received paperwork when we check in that they're doing an 8 million dollar renovation on the property. It is LONG overdue! I would not stay here again unless I checked out the room, etc. before I made my reservation.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
LA
The website was misleading. I was under the impression that it was one big building but our room was in building 3 which was a car ride around and not close to any amenities. Our sheets smelled like they had been left in the washing machine for about 2 days, mildew smell. The hotel looked much nicer on the website. It was very outdated. Not impressed.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Julia
"Great place to stay!"
We loved our stay. The place was amazing. We stayed in hotel 3 which was kinda scary from the outside but the room ended up being nice. We had to walk outside to hotel 1 to swim in the indoor pool. That was inconvenient with small children and it was a little cold outside. It was a great place to stay. My kids loved all of the trains and the atmosphere
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
Emily
"time for renovation"
the overall feel of the hotel was that it needed lots of renovation paint was peeling furniture chip carpet old bed uncomfortable.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Benjamin
"DO NOT STAY THERE!"
The hotel supposedly is under renovation.It needs it. Carpet, walls, furniture, draperies,grounds, EVERYTHING looks old and worn out. For what we paid a night, the hotel should be 4 stars.We were also charged $7.00 for parking. We were given a key to a room that was occupied . They did give us a voucher for breakfast to compensate us for the embarrassment. Not a pleasant experience at all!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Cindy
"We were on our honeymoon and it was very romantic."
This is a wonderful and beautiful motel. We stayed in a train car and it was great.
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Trainrific!!!"
The room was more spacious than we thought it would be and it was clean. The idea of staying in a train station and train car seemed nice even though we stayed in a regular room. The station building itself was beautiful but needs plenty of renovations as does the rest of the property. We didn't like being charged for parking even though the fee was minimal, and the breakfast was not so great for the price.
1 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Yeritza
"Delightfully quirky"
The hotel isn't the newest or in the best repair but it was absolutely worth the money, and it was charming. My train car was cold, but I wouldn't have traded it for a warmer room--it had lovely atmosphere. I had a great time.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Jenny
"Dog convention central"
Not what I expected. Our room was very run down and it smelled very very musty. The air vents in our room had so much dust I had to clean it myself. There was a dog convention there too. Nothing like 200 yapping dogs at 4:30 AM every morning. I found out they have many dog conventions. They were in makeshift pens all over the property. In the parking lot by the RV's and on the patios. Each person there had many many many many dogs with them. I was approached 2 times by vagrants asking for money. Also there is a club, Track 29, in the back portion of the property. Music was very loud from the venue.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Kerry
"Rad"
Pretty Rad.
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
Nealey
"Out of date hotel"
The room was clean.. but the entire facility was out of date and in need of renovation. You could tell they were very under staffed but the employees I did meet were nice. The old train station is a very historic and a unique place. The possibility's are endless for the Choo-Choo but somebody better get to work FAST !!!
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Greg
"Underwhelmed."
Unimpressive, especially for what I paid.
2 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Becky
"Know what you are getting."
The room was fine for the money paid. There is a lot of renovation going on, the restaurant was closed, as was one of the room buildings. The bar was closing down at 9:45, I got there just in time to get a beer (took it to my room as the place was a bit of a wreck). The place has obviously seen better days, and they know it. Thus the renovations. If you are looking for a spiffey or high end hotel go somewhere else. But it was relatively cheap and convenient for me on short notice, so did the trick.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Historic and a must"
I would've loved to stay here after the 8 million dollar renovation that should be completed in 2016 plus they have a great rose garden that only spring will make you appreciate
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
jake
"Great time in Nooga...."
We had a great time as always.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your 5 star review. Great time is what we love to hear... All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"great stay!"
Was a good getaway and a very nice room.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am happy to hear that you stay was great. Thank you for sharing your comments. Regards, Jill Ellis Coker QA
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"slow train in chattanooga"
Went on a business trip the hotel was $110 a night and we had to pay $7 a day for parking. $12 dollars for breakfast. Rooms were clean but nothing special. No where to keeping anything cold ie no fridge. and the neighborhood is definitely run down.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry to see your comments. Sometimes the train has to slow down before getting momentum. Press release: Chattanooga, Tenn. (July 28, 2014) – The Chattanooga Choo Choo announced today that they are planning an $8 million renovation and restoration project. The complex will include a comedy club, 500-capacity music/entertainment venue, retail space and two new restaurants with outdoor patio seating off of Market and 14th streets. The project will also include $1 million to be invested in renovating the hotel rooms in Building One. Thanks for your impressions about the Southside; it enables me to let the public know about the area. As I have mentioned before, the Southside of downtown (our area) has undergone a revitalization with restaurants (7), retail and housing ($300,000+ condo’s) in the last couple of years. There are 2 buildings across the street that have been purchased and will be developed in the future. There have been millions of dollars invested in our area and we are very proud of it. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
4 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Durham
"Choo Choo review"
Good hotel for the price, they are hopefully going to update all the rooms this year with their planned renovation, they could use it. Plenty of parking.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am happy to hear that you stay was good. Thank you for sharing your comments. Renovations are well underway, however, little impact on our guests. Regards, Jill Ellis Coker QA
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Cute but cold"
I don't recommend staying in the box cars in the winter time, the bathroom is very cold, pretty comfortable under the covers with heat cranked up thou. Would be better to stay in the hotel in the winter or if you have kids, box cars are pretty small for a family.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry about not meeting your comfort needs. The train cars have a separate heater in the bathroom; if it was not functioning properly that could have been the issue. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Ranita
"Dilapidated"
This place has so much potential but is worn out and dilapidated; even more so than when we stayed here a few years ago.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Icky's Mom
"Hotel is old and outdated"
Worse than staying in a motel 6. The beds were terrible and the room have me the creeps. Staff was incompetent. Will not be back.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"uncomfortable bed and no room service"
We stayed in a king bed standard room. We stayed at the choo choo for room service. They do not offer room service anymore. The bed was extremely uncomfortable.
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations. Let us know if you are ever unhappy about anything and let us find a solution to exceed your needs. We just need the chance to prove it. We presently don’t have room service because of restaurant renovations. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
kristina
"Awesome location, not so awesome rooms."
I feel like everything is a little out dated in the rooms and the cleanliness was iffy. Room service ladies were incredibly rude and disrespectful. I would stay again but hope some remodeling and catching up with the 21st century happens in the near future
Response by Chattanooga Choo Choo
I am sorry to see your comments on Expedia. We obviously missed an opportunity to show you our normal hospitality. We are renovating as we speak. All the Best, Jim Bambrey GM
1 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2015