All hotels in Middletown, New York, United States of America
68 Crystal Run Rd, Middletown, NY, 10941, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Smoker Paradise"
Cigarettes all over place smelled terrible. Breakfast servers barely spoke English. Bar food good
1 night business trip Mar 27, 2014
"on the road to West Point"
Clean place. Shower head was broken - staff responded promptly to repair request. Linens clean. Easy on/off Interstate 84 and US 6.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Rich
I had a very nice stay. The room was very clean and the staff was very pleasant from the start to the finish of my trip. That is going to be the hotel that I stay when I come to Middletown. The indoor pool was lovely and warm.
3 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"A Very Positive Experience"
My stay at the Holiday Inn was terrific from the minute I walked into the lobby. Front desk staff was very friendly & accommodating. My room was ready, clean, fresh & comfortable. Being provided with restaurant vouchers was a nice touch. The restaurant was terrific, too--a cut above most hotel restaurants. Great food and outstanding service. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
The hotel is over-priced for quality of service, features, and comparison to other, lower priced hotels I've stayed in. "Free" continental breakfast turned out to be a bait-and-switch to full buffet or order off menu. Breakfast area didn't open until 7:00am on Saturday, too late for our travel plans. Facility is old, could use some modernizing. All in all, an over-priced place that seems to feel no responsibility toward its customers.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Nice and clean"
I was upgraded at check in due to a cancelation . Room was big , clean beds compfortable pool a little small but indoor and very warm .
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Nice hotel convenient location."
Called hotel for directions and they were courteous and concise.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
bob
Horrible would never stay there again. I booked the room through you. They asked for my credit card in case we charged anything to the room. We did not and I did not sign anything when I checked out. They billed my credit card for the room which was already paid for. The manager has not been helpful fixing the problem and my money has not been returned!
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Overall the stay was pleasant. The IT man was very nice in helping me connect to the internet. Stayed on the phone until I was able to resolve the internet issue. Also the computer room was very convenient in printing our directions for our travel around the area and also our return trip check-in.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Outdated, tired furnishings. Smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Loud rock music on overhead speaker in lobby and even outside. Staff members were friendly and helpful. Just a tired dingy hotel for the price we paid. Probably would not stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
lynne
We were very surprised with many of the aspects of this hotel. The condition was not perfect, there was a slight odor of cigarette smoke, although the rooms in our area were all non-smoking rooms. However, we were treated.to some of the finest food we have ever had when dining in their lounge, then had an equally satisfying breakfast (although not complimentary) the following morning. Overall we were treated like royalty and felt totally appreciated by just being in their hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2013
"Reasonable rates for the great room."
Only stayed one night but definitely will come back. Clean, quiet, friendly.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Fit the bill for my meeting"
Our banquet was held at the hotel so it was very convenient and all aspects of our stay were excellent.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Room was clean and service was quick and responsive. Location convenient close to interstate. Continental breakfast was sufficient but not elaborate.
4 night business trip Sep 5, 2013
Hotel staff rude at front desk- my room reeked of urine
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"just passing through"
We were just passing through for the evening and needed a comfortable, clean, inexpensive place to stay. This fit the bill. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. The only downside was that the hallways stunk, you can tell they allow smoking in some rooms. yuck. Overall it was a good place to stay.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013
LA
"Hospitality an issue"
Front deck attendant was terrific: courteous, helpful, friendly. Bartender was rude, ignorant and inhospitable. Don't think it's too much to ask for a person in a customer service position to be pleasant to their guests, especially when spending $300/night for 2 nights (2 rooms). And all I wanted a soda for my kids. Wouldn't stay there again just because of her.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Surprisingly nice"
We were visiting the area to see my nephew perform at Stagedoor Manor, and with few hotel choices in the area, we booked the Holiday Inn not expecting much. This was MUCH nicer than I expected! The room was nicely appointed with new furnishings, a fridge and microwave, and Bath & Body Works toiletries. Beds were quite comfy with soft linens. The onsite restaurant was a nice plus, allowing us to have a hot breakfast in the morning. There was also a pool (which we did not use) but which is another plus. I'd definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Clean and TOO comfortable"
Room was great-the pillows to DIE for-only complaint was the charge for incidentals was $120-but the release was quick-Highly recommended!
1 night trip Aug 20, 2013
Cris
Hotel was well maintained, beds were super comfortable, rooms were very clean, it is easily accessible, staff is very nice. The only thing that kept it from being a perfect hotel was that the room had a very slight musty smell but not very bad at all. I would stay here again and probably will next year!
3 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"One of the best hotels in the area"
Great hotel. Beds were super comfortable. Not convenient at all to where we were headed, but the hotel can't control that. We are staying here again within the month mainly because of the bed. We were going to cancel our reservations and stay at a B&B closer to our destination, but didn't want to give up the super comfortable king size bed to take a chance on sleeping in a double bed (which is all the B&B had) that may not match the comfort level.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
"close to family"
was good,bathrooms are a little small ,but its an old building ,staff was great espaecilly Matthew
2 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Bed was soooo comfortable!"
Nice hotel, polite and helpful staff, clean, fabulous bed.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2013
"clean and friendly"
The hotel was very clean, Our room had 2 double beds, with lots of pillows to choose from. The staff was very helpful and kind. Breakfast was good although there was no bacon at the buffet, only sausages! All in all a very nice place to stay!
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
karyn
"Wow!!!"
Everything was excellent, including an A+ staff!
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2013
Mimi
Overall, it was nice.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
John John
Room was nice and very clean. Our only issue was at check in. We showed up a little before 2 (standard check in time) and the room wasn't ready. There wasn't a place to have lunch at the hotel so we had to get in the car again after traveling for hours with two small children. We came back an hour later (45 minutes after standard check in time) and the room still wasn't ready. We were in a rush to get checked in so we could get to our destination. We ended up being late. This was very frustrating.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Staff was excellent"
Great experience with this hotel. Staff were excellent. Very friendly and could not do enough for you. Manager was very visible and accommodating and even delivered cold water bottles to the pool area for the guests. Would visit this hotel again.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
Beth
"great location next to hospital"
I liked the hotel overall, but the beds weren't the best and the breakfast buffet was so-so. Just expected more for the price I paid.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
Josh
"Right off the highway"
The staff were great and the hotel was kept up nicely. I would certainly stay here again!
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Augustus
"nice time had by all"
we always stay at this hotel when we visit my brother in law. Outdoor pool was clean and fun for me and my granddaughter. Room was comfortable. only negative is that we booked thru hotels.com and they said breakfast was included. Breakfast has not been included for the past year. They give you a $4. voucher per adult and kids eat free. Matthew at the front desk was very apologetic and explained things nicely. We will go back.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"close to business meeting"
certainly acceptable. People good. Did fail to make wake-up call to me Monday am
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Stay was fine buffet breakfast was not included in price, thought it was, otherwise the hotel was close to all we had to do, many hotels in same area with better prices, will try those the next time
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
Excellent
1 night trip Jun 9, 2013
"They Need to be more alert"
Everything was fine except that we along with many of the other guests were there for the Middlerown Races which started at 7:30. The hotel did not and would not move up the breakfast from its normal weekend start of 7:00 am to support the event. There were over 1200 people in the races.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"A little Disappointed"
The staff was very nice and helpful. The bath room had stains on the ceiling and the floor. It was a old looking place.
3 night family trip May 10, 2013
Donald
Beautiful room - nice bedding, very quiet. The bathroom had a slight odor of urine. Breakfast voucher of $4 for use in the restaurant.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
Traveling Sales
"Clean Hotel"
Clean rooms great staff
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2013
Pete
"Heckuva good place to stop-over on the way home."
My lady-friend smokes. So I reserved a room for smokers and half expected the stale, nasty type room I have found in other hotels which cater to smokers. Since I do not smake, I am a bit more sensitive to that kind of smell, feeling like you're in an ashtray, rather than a room. HOWEVER, This room was nice, without any more than a hint of previous smoker's presence. The room was very comfortable, clean, and felt like a much better experience than I usually find in hotels usually. The room we were given was as far from the desk as one could get. Perhaps that's where they put the smokers. The exercise didn't hurt me a bit. The desk clerk acted as though I was an imposition - a thorn in his side. No smile. No words of welcome, just business. Felt a bit like East Germany in the old days. The barkeep was very friendly and helpful. Seemed genuinely interested that we have a good experience. When we arrived in the bar at 8 PM, we requested he dim the lights and he did so, quickly and without any questioning our motives. In fact, the lights were bright, hurting our eyes - something I'm not used to in saloons. The food was reasonably priced, cooked just right- tasted great. Before coming to dinner, we had used the pool and thoroughly enjoyed the cleanliness and relaxing effect of the warm water. In the morning, I walked a half mile (sarcasm) to the coffee bar and found really good coffee. Not so rare, but better than average. All in all, it was a very good experience.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
Jack
"It had a bed."
Front desk clerk very nice. Breakfast was good and cheap - not forced to overpriced buffet. Mattress was shot. Room a bit shabby. Carpet ratty. The refrigerator wasn't turned on when I checked in. This hotel really needs a major overhaul. Very easy to get to off I-84 and plenty of budget restaurants close by.
Family trip Feb 16, 2013
ChipB
"Business Trip"
It was a room with a bed. Nothing else too special.
Other trip Jan 17, 2013
"Slightly older property"
Room was very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2012
Jolie
The hotel website advertises a complementary breakfast, but when we checked in, they gave us only a $4.00 off coupon. The buffet, which looked like a typical complementary breakfast, was $10.95 The coupon would have been nice if we had not been expecting a free breakfast. Also, this hotel has smoking rooms and the hallways really smelled of smoke on our way to our room (a non-smoking room). Our room was very nice though.
2 night trip Nov 2, 2012
"Holiday Inn Middletown"
Clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and convenient to Rte 17. Excellent breakfasts, friendly bar. Will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2012
Judy
"Adequate for an overnight."
Hotel is in a very convenient location. There is an indoor swimming pool which is a plus for the travelers with children. The room was clean, but the pillows were not comfortable at all. The bedding included a down comforter which alternated between being a good temperature and too warm. Same with the ventilation system...we had it on a low heat setting but at times the room got too warm. The facility has a restaurant with a breakfast buffet. The buffet was poorly laid out and had very limited choices, although the food was OK. The cashier had no credit card device so credit charges had to be walked to the front desk...it took us a while to pay the morning we were there. More importantly, the restaurant is not opened mid-day. We arrived early afternoon after a hectic drive...tired and hungry. It was an inconvenience to have to check in and then go out again to get food. Overall a good value. Just don't expect too much and eat before you get there if you are coming in mid-day.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
AB
"An alternative"
We were originally slated to stay at another hotel but their pool was under repair. This was a decent but more expensive alternative. Although it was stated to include breakfast, instead it was a voucher that only covered part of it. There was also considerable hall noise.
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2012
Chet
The hotel was out of date and in major need of a renovation. No free breakfast? Come on ! At this price range, it should be expected!
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2012
"A little disappointed"
I expected better from a Holiday Inn. Person at the main desk acted as he couldn't be bothered. Asking for a bag for the small wastepaper basket in my room, I was handed a large green 20 gallon trash bag. Room had dirty areas. Room to room phone service did not work. 2 lamps had bulbs that did not work. Really disappointed in service!
4 night business trip Jul 23, 2012
Jim D
"my hometown close to my family."
nice rooms updated and clean. Wi Fi no signal in my room. Been staying there over the years when i need to go back home and this was the nicest room. love the updated rooms... pillows horrible.
3 night trip Aug 24, 2012
"Short night for business"
Large room great access to roads
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2012