All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
300 Woodbury Ave, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Not the usual"
We've stayed there several times. Never had a problem. This time our room was dirty. Trash on floor and under bed. Yuck.
1 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Erica
"Would stay again"
Nice & clean - staff helpful & location great for getting around & on/off freeway.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
"Nice but"
The room was good and hotel was clean only downfall is that there was a sulfer smell in the elevator and near the elevator on the first floor. Apparently they were aware of this cause I saw an air freshener in the elevator.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Raechel
"The Pits in Portsmouth"
Was on a 10 day road trip up the coast and this was our least favorite hotel. The location was fine for us since it was near the highway so we could easily continue our leg of the journey, but the beds were lumpy and uncomfortable, the ceiling in the shower/tub is very low (my taller travel mate had to almost duck) and the room generally needs updating. It didn't help that there was a plunger in a plastic bag sitting outside our room, which made us wonder...
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2015
Very nice hotel. The room and the hotel in general was very clean and the staff was helpful. My only complaint is that one of the beds in the room needed a new box springs. It was a bit saggy but not so much that I would have complained.
1 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2015
"Just OK"
Very difficult to regulate the cooling/heat. Front desk staff was very nice. One "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke so we were given a new room which was much better. Hotel was over sold so the room we had no refund pre-paid for was not available. Called hotels.com to complain and received a full refund for the room. Didn't ask for this but it was very much appreciated. If you visit Portsmouth, visit Jumpin Jays Fish Cafe. Was a great dinner!
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
"Nice hotel, but doesn't have all the amenities lis"
My family and I had a great stay here. The only disappointments were there is not an arcade or hot tub as listed on the site. Those were the 2 main reasons we chose this hotel, so we were disappointed that they weren't there.
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Kathleen
""Fair" Holiday Inn Express"
Musty smell in the hallway area. Phone didn't work in room Entrance door security bar loose and barely attached to the door jam. Handles missing off the drawers.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
It was OK
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Josiah
"One or 2 days tops"
Thin walls. Outdated furniture. Low pressure in shower and blocked tub. Only one garbage can in full room. However, when next room was still partying at 4am, staff immediately came up to quiet them. And the check in staff was curteous and helpful
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"family stay"
We came here for just one night to go to kittery outlets and it's literally right down the road. The hotel staff was very nice and rooms were clean and the kids loved the pool. Website said there was an arcade but there is not and hasn't been one there for 5 years I was told. He said they were trying to fix it on the website but have not been able to so that was the only disappointment in our stay.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
christy
"The pool was a hot tub"
we were looking forward to this two night getaway. Upon arrival the elevator was Dow and they had us on the fourth floor. Where my husband has suffered three strokes I didn't feel comfortable with him walking that many stairs. So we were put on the second floor. The room had no table a desk chair with no desk. It had no ventilation in the bathroom so the ceilings had mold. We made the journey to the pool only to get in and it was literally too hot to stay in. Plus it was very dirty. I am very upset that this was not the hotel I remembered from six years ago.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
cheryl
"Night out on the town"
Parking was a mess
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"Snowed"
It was pleasant. Clean and quiet. The restaurant food was really good. We were at hotel during blizzard and they handled it quite well
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Luis
"Honeymoon in the Great White North"
We only had 2nights for a quick getaway- Portsmouth, NH has been one of our go to places - Red Hook Brewing, the Kittery shops, we even went to the beach (had to climb a 10 ft snow bank to see the water, but worth it!) It was snowing hard when we got to the Holiday Inn & more the next day. The hotel staff were awesome - very friendly, asked if we needed anything. Comfortable room - excellent food. We'll be back!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Mare
"Nice Hotel In A Convienent Location."
Nice hotel in a convenient location. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Requests for extras were met with a smile, and in a timely manner. It looked like housekeeping could have been more thorough with the vacuum, and some of the furniture was a bit worn. But otherwise, this was a great place for the money.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Philip
"Our place"
Any time we come to NH we stay here. The staff is very helpful. The hotel is close to everything. Couple little things that could be improved on include the beds (and pillows) also the smell on our floor was something I could have lived with out . We enjoy the kids eat free, the nice coffee and tea in the lobby and mostly importantly the price is affordable. Cant forget that my kids love the warm pool, but it could use a jaccuzi!
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Kara
"Staff was super friendly and efficient."
Staff from the front desk, to cleaning and MX couldn't have been nicer. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Some items in the room showed a little wear, but overall excellent
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Stock
"A great stay for a couple or family."
My fiancé and I stayed one night in January at the HI in Portsmouth. Check in was easy, the room was clean, and everything was basically great. It's also VERY close to everything in the citY, access to Route 1 is about ten feet from the hotel. Surpringsly, no smoke smell like in other hotels with smoking rooms. My only complaint really has nothing to do with this HI, but the hotel chain in general. I booked the room through hotels.com (which was super easy) and when I got to the hotel they said they need to have a credit card incase of any damages (this is standard, and was expected) but then what they didn't tell me is that they charge that card $25 ahead of time for incidentals. When I got home two days later there was a charge from the hotel for this amount and so I did a Google search and found other people in the same boat, and one hotel manager responded with saying as long as there are no damages/charges it will come off. I would have been totally fine with this, if they had just told me. Now I'm watching my account like crazy to make sure it comes off. It seemed sketchy and dishonest. But- other than that the hotel was amazing so if I had known that (which you now do if you've read this) it would have been perfect.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Maribeth
"OK but needs improvement"
The room was nice and clean - except for the foul smell coming from the elevator and in my hall for much of my stay. The fitness room needs at least one resistance weight machine, not just cardio machines.
3 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
Philip
"Nice place!"
It was brief but nice. Not far from the city center.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
gretchen
"Nice hotel within 20 min walk of downtown."
Hotel was great. Staff was friendly, room was comfortable. I recommend the breakfast option when booking. The food was great (diner style, not buffet or continental), and much cheaper for 2+ people than buying breakfast separately. My only very minor complaint was finding previous guests' trash behind furniture on room.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Was once great has fallen to less then ok."
We rented 2 rooms for New Year's Eve both rooms were across the hall from each other on the 5th floor. The furniture is tired and worn but usable, just not pretty to look at. Our room was pretty clean but our other room had old food in the fridge and an empty tissue box in the bathroom. Being an avid watcher oth hotel rescue I was a little scared. Also, there was no parking available wheb we got there so we had yo park in street. I really hate leaving this because, This was a great hotel a few years ago don't know what happened
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Eden
"You get what you pay for..."
Needed a reasonable hotel room for last minute night away. Did the job, but could never spend more than a night on that mattress.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
james
"Not worth $100 night"
One night stay was one night too many. Elevator was out and had been so since over nearly two weeks. I arrived at 9:30 pm exhausted and wasn't about to change hotels. The king size bed was the worst ever. The small fridge was noisy and on a cold night the heat was working too well. Even though I shut off the thermostat my room stayed a balmy 72 degrees. No blankets necessary.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
NE girl
"Great Service"
The stay was great and the staff was super friendly. The elevator was broken when we stayed so they have us free drink vouchers and a free stay next time we are down there. Overall it was really nice!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Maddasin
"Holiday Inn Portsmouth, NH"
I can't complain about the room or the staff at this hotel. The only problem was that the elevator was not working and the email that was sent to inform people of this was not received until I had been there for a day. Under ordinary circumstances this would not have been a problem, but I had surgery the week before and it just added to the discomfort level. I will definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Suzanne
"Thanksgiving weekend"
The elevator was broken and we were given a room on the 4th floor even though we had a 5 month old infant and a 6 year old with us. The hotel seemed to be under staffed the whole time we were there, but the breakfast was good and the room was very clean.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
"Very nice accommodations"
Very nice staff room was very clean. ...elevator is slow and only one
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Friar_Fan
"Great rates, nice clean rooms, close to downtown"
I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Portsmouth several times now, and the rooms are clean, the staff is courteous, and it is only minutes away from downtown Portsmouth and the shopping outlets. We've also found the rates have been really reasonable, so I would stay here anytime.
Suzanne
"Average, with a few issues"
Weekend trip--thinking of moving to the area and wanted to check it out. The location is great, and there's a great diner next door. The hotel is very clean--no issues there. The bed was truly uncomfortable. It was a king, and they didn't have any king-sized pillows--just the smaller ones. The mattress was lumpy and really hard.The furniture in the room is looking a little worn out. On the plus side, it had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker, and the free coffee in the lobby was really good. Everything was as I would expect for a hotel in this price range, except it was far more uncomfortable that I had imagined. The bathroom is also really tiny and cramped. The staff was courteous, the hallways and rooms clean and the reception area was tasteful.
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"very comfortable stay"
Easy to find, right of the Portsmouth traffic circle and right beside a great diner which I ate at twice. My room was great, very clean and comfortable. It would have been nice to have more equipment in the gym (I went down twice and the equipment I wanted was occupied) but I realize that most people are probably on vacation so the gym is not a priority. Ate in the hotel two nights and the food was very good on both occasions. Plenty of parking. Great hotel.
3 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Kathleen
"Nice place to stay--a little far from town."
The hotel staff was very nice. The location is not ideal for visiting Portsmouth as it is on the outskirts of town. However, downtown parking is easy. The staff was very accomodating. We booked a queen bed but they quickly changed the reservations to two beds on my request. I was disappointed with their business center which consisted of one computer in the library off the main entrance. Also the elevator gets a bit busy and I was surprised to see one of the staff using it for waste disposal. I suspect that there is no service elevator. Not at all a bad place to stay if you are visiting Portsmouth on holiday as I was.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Barb
"Very close to downtown Portsmouth"
It was exactly what I expected it to be. No better no worse. It was super quiet which was a huge +
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"This was bad very bad"
Well I called a liar here.I booked king sized regular room they put me in a handicapped room and tried to tell me it wasnt a handicapped room. Finally moved me to a room with a broken door. All this and rude treatment from front desk staff led to a bad stay
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Pretty good hotel. Could use some touch ups."
Room was comfortable, nice and quiet. Short car ride from activities we were interested in. Room could use some tlc.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Britt
"Disappointing"
I was dissapointed by the condition of the room (carpet stains, chipped furniture, worn mattress, etc.) and the cleanliness. I've stayed at better maintained Holiday Inns. Also, while the room rate was cheaper than other hotels and the parking was free, it would have been more enjoyable to stay within walking distance of downtown Portsmouth.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous
"convenient location"
Everything was fine, just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn for a family (4 in a room) stay. conveniently located off the legendary NH traffic circle, 5 minute drive to downtown Portsmouth, 10 minutes to Maine. Parking was a little tight if getting back to the hotel in the evening.
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
CK
"First impression"
The first step into out room there was an odor of urine. The room was small and somewhat outdated ceiling,wallpaper. Thebathroom was dirty and not supllied the staple items. Although the stay was ok at best, it was very close to all the attractions. They really need to focus on the details of first impressions and the cleanliness of the rooms they offer. There are many other hotels in the area that they will lose business too if they dont step up their game. Thanks
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
jeff
"Nice hotel handy to downtown Portsmouth."
We spent more time enjoying downtown Portsmouth, so the room suited us just fine.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Greg
"Good value for the money."
My wife and I stayed here for a four-night getaway in coastal New Hampshire. The hotel is close to the Interstate, and a short drive away from the center of Portsmouth. There are other hotels in the center of town but they are much more expensive.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"NICE HOTEL"
AMPLE PARKING, YET CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN, SHOPPING, AND SITES. STAFF IS HELPFUL AND POLITE. A BIT PRICEY, CONSIDERING NO BREAKFAST, BUT COFFEE MAKER AND MICROWAVE IN ROOM.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Conveinent"
Nice hotel and very friendly staff
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Great stay! Great location. Rooms are clean and comfortable and hotel staff friendly.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Overnight stay, had to walk up to room due to no eleavater reaching floor.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great little spot!"
We only stayed for one night and we loved the Inn and the location!! Can't wait to get back there
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Fantastic!"
My husband and I stayed two nights here as a getaway. We were impressed with the decor and cleanliness here and our stay was more than pleasant. We loved the location! Only minutes away from the harbor and 15 minutes away from the Kittery outlets and Trading Post. Very happy with our trip!
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2014
Melodi H
"Awful"
Terrible just terrible.
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
Rob
"Needs Updating"
The rooms are small and the bathroom is very small. We only stayed one night instead of three. Also, the beds were 2 full size and we needed 2 queen size.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2014