All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
300 Woodbury Ave, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Fantastic!"
My husband and I stayed two nights here as a getaway. We were impressed with the decor and cleanliness here and our stay was more than pleasant. We loved the location! Only minutes away from the harbor and 15 minutes away from the Kittery outlets and Trading Post. Very happy with our trip!
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2014
Melodi H
"Awful"
Terrible just terrible.
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
Rob
"Needs Updating"
The rooms are small and the bathroom is very small. We only stayed one night instead of three. Also, the beds were 2 full size and we needed 2 queen size.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
"Nice beds"
Great location, right off highway, next to wine store
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
I booked a weekend stay with two beds during a very busy weekend in the area. Most hotels in the area were full and this one was no exception. When I arrived for check in at 330 in the afternoon, I was told that they were putting us in the penthouse. The "penthouse" is a block of six rooms on the sixth floor with no elevator access, single full size beds and no ability to look out the window since the holiday inn sign took up 2/3 of the window itself. When I asked for the room with two beds and better accessibility for my older traveling partner I was told that they were obligated to provide a room to expedia customers, but not any of the other requested items like two beds , an elevator or a view. It wasn't even a king bed. I have never had this issue and have been using Expedia for years. Extremely disappointed!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Need a hot tub!!!!!
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
William Madara
"Nice hotel close to many areas"
Close to downtown, Kittery outlets, beaches light houses etc...
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
michelle
"Very nice, would stay again"
The only downside, which is no fault of management or staff, is that there is only one elevator for the entire building and it is SLOW, stuffy, small and equipped with a tv blaring news 24/7. As our room was on the 5th floor and we had young children with us, it was very annoying and inconvenient. At least take the tv out. That was the only negative. I would stay again, as long as they could give me a ground- or second-floor room.
3 night family trip Jun 12, 2014
Ypsi
We booked online and they did not have our room ready and "upgraded" us to a queen size bed suite over the two double beds we wanted. the room was so small and was on the 6th floor and the bed was so small.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Compared to nearby hotels, this one isn't so great.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"MMMM....Think again"
I thought the price was a lot for what you got. The tub drain was very slow, but we called and they came and fixed it that day. Food at the restaurant was delicious!!! Bed, not so comfortable. Room had an odor. Overall, dated. Workout room was minimal. Pool area was ok..but looked a whole lot better in the pics on the website. Internet in room worked great.
3 night trip May 15, 2014
Deb
"Should be 2-Star Hotel"
It definitely not worth the per night charge I had paid. I am disappointed with hotels.com to rate this as a 3-Star Hotel.
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
"we always stay here"
very friendly staff. rooms are clean. staff is very accommodating. We always stay here.
Other trip May 11, 2014
kat
"convenient location"
convenient location and clean. hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Quite Hotel"
It was nice and quite. we even got late check out. Needed to ask for more pillows. We got room service, the service was fast but the hamburgers were not cook, raw. French fries we great. We let it go and went to the restaurant next door.
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
Very nice facility...LOVED the heated pool! Staff was most accomodating, and Kaen, (who cleaned our room), was most helpful and friendly...very nice! Location to downtown--very convenient. Hotel restaurant--convenient and tasty. Enjoyed our stay!
2 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"Money well spent"
It was a great weekend getaway, affordable. pool was extremely warm, loved it. Shannon at the front desk was verrry accommodating. Food was good and reasonably priced. Hotel was well maintained, I was happy and would stay again. Bed was not super comfortable but that's just my opinion
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Ka
"$25 charge upon arrival incase I use room service"
I was surprisingly charged $25 when checking in and told it was in case I used room service. I did not use room service but was not refunded until 48 hours after check out. When booking the hotel I did pay extra for adding breakfast. I was not aware that it was a restaurant in the hotel and I did not have time to sit and eat before I needed to leave, usually I can grab a bagel and some fruit and go, but this is a sit down breakfast and not a "buffet" style. I was not refunded for not using the breakfast "ticket" although I feel I should have been since I did not use it.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"Good, solid place"
The hotel was very clean. Free coffee and cookies were a nice touch. The staff is excellent. Very polite, personable, and accommodating. Room was comfortable and spotless. Bed was very comfortable. Would have liked to see outlets for recharging, or USB ports close to the bed.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Good for the money"
The room was a pretty small but overall it was nice.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Christmas stay"
Friendly staff. Although...the room we were given was 429. It was filthy. I don't even want to know what the white stains were on the chair and the luggage bench in the room. The sheets were stained as well. Lumpy pillows, and the bathtub wouldn't drain properly...so every time we showered we had water up to our knees. Screaming kids above our room. Key cards never worked had to constantly get them reset. We also got ripped off with our free breakfast that was included with our booking on Christmas Eve and on Christmas. The front staff informed us that there would be no breakfast. All we got were cold Danishes and coffee! When we finally got to eat the full breakfast it was delicious! We were mad we didn't get our breakfast our first two mornings during our stay. No apologies from staff just "oh well deal with it" looks. The heated pool was nice as well as the constant coffee that was available in the front lobby, even though it tasted like swill. Next time we will choose another hotel.
3 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2013
J
"close to everything"
Everything was great except they ran out of parking so we had to park next door at another hotel.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"Shopping"
Hotel was very nice. Just off the interstate. Room was clean and well kept. Shower was too short for me being 6+ ft. tall. Will definitely return to this hotel.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Great bang for your buck"
A little far from shopping... Close from downtown... Perfect place!!
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
"Excellent hotel."
The room was vey clean and comfortable. Three of us stayed there to do some holiday shopping and there was plenty of room. They served a full complimentary breakfast that was wonderful. I will definitely stay there again and will recommend to my friends and family.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Cindi
"The worst Holiday Inn we have ever stayed."
The rooms were filthy and furniture was beyond worn . We met friends for a reunion and chose this hotel because it had a longe and restaurant. We did not want to drive. We were served in the lounge and then told to leave because the lounge and restaurant were closed for a private party. We were not told the day before we checked in when I called to confirm reservation. They should at least comp us
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
"Great staff, but hotel needs some work"
Was put on the 6th floor which I had to drag our suitcases up 2 flights of stairs since there was no elevator (I was told it was 4 stairs). It was very loud and run down. Got moved down to a regular room but it still seemed beat up. Location was great and staff was nice.
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2013
"Its a clean bed and good place to stay"
just stopped for the night. It was nothing special. I booked a standard room which is just a queen bed, and it was Basically a no frills room. A clean room, shower and place to sleep for the night before the rest of my trip. For what it was, I think it was a bit pricey but based on alternatives it was the best option. The staff was polite and welcoming. I would book again for the same reason.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Don
"Nice hotel. Sad pool. NO complimentary breakfast."
Just like the title says, it's a nice hotel with a sad pool in an atrium outside of the building and only breakfast that you can pay for. I stay almost exclusively at Holiday Inn Expresses and this is because the rooms and bedding are nice, hotel is clean and well decorated, the price is right AND there is almost always a great pool and hot tub as well as complimentary breakfast. Since I booked this trip on Expedia at the last minute, I didn't check on breakfast and being that there are several HIs in the area, I definitely wouldn't have chosen this one for that reason alone. Otherwise, a fine and typical stay.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Waaay Pricey"
Paid $200/night, stayed on the "6th" foor. You had to walk up from the 5th floor to your room(the elevator only went to the 5th, not broken, thats just how it is!!). Room was ok, shower was standup only. GF was upset bc it was hard for her to shave in the shower(small, no shelves). All in all, too much money(friends stayed downtown for $250.00, walk up to floor was silly and shower, insufficient. Not recommended
2 night trip Sep 6, 2013
jpl
"It's fine."
Yes, the elevator is slow, the bathroom is small, the pillows a bit uncomfortable, and the indoor pool is next to the parking lot-but overall it is fine. Friendly service, decent rooms-close to downtown Portsmouth and a short drive to Hampton Beach.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
VT Mom
"Nice for the price."
Conveniently located; beds a bit soft; only one elevator; hotel staff very helpful and friendly; bathroom very small. Would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Overpriced!!!!!"
Had an OK room on the 6th floor...unfortunately the elevator only goes to 5th floor. After reaching the 5th had to walk the entire length of the hotel then up 2 flights of stairs then walk the length of the hotel again to get to my room...would have been nice to know this prior to arriving. Could have had the same quality accomadations elswhere and saved a chunk of change...I won't be back.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Very Disappointing"
The only good thing about this hotel is that it's close to the Kittery Outlets in Maine and also close to the downtown Portsmouth shops. When you check in at the hotel, the lobby is very nice and the elevator up to your room has a tv in it, so you are having high hopes that the room is just as luxurious. As soon as we opened the door to our room we were very disappointed. The room is tiny, no fridge, no luggage rack, and the bathroom was so small that you had to shut the door in order to get into the shower, and you had to take turns using the mirror. The only staff you see is the one person at the lobby desk. The indoor pool is right off the side of the parking lot in a separate room off the building- it's all windows so if you swim at night everyone around can be watching you. There is a restaurant next the lobby in the hotel, with a very limited dinner menu. It takes the unfriendly restaurant severs a while to notice you waiting to be seated. When they sat me and my fiancé down during breakfast they forgot about us, and I had to get one of the server's attention to take our order, and it took a half hour for our food to come out. Not worth the money at all, pay a little more and stay at a different hotel.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Jack
"beware the 6th floor"
The sixth floor rooms are tiny and beyond the reach of the elevator. They result in a definite substandard experience so ask which floor before you confirm.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"not as good as HIE"
nice hotel but no free breakfast
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
JeffeyG
We had a great time staying at the Holiday Inn. The staff was very nice, and helpful. I would recommend them any day of the week!
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"Convenient and pleasant"
We stayed one night. Found the hotel clean and pleasant. It was a short cab ride to downtown Portsmouth and enjoy the convenience. I would reccommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Great Hotel and Proximity to just about everything"
Very pleased with hotel and staff. This is the third time we have stayed at the hotel because of its proximity to downtown Portsmouth, Kittery Outlets, Hampton Beach and other sites. My wife and I like to walk so the 1.1 mile walk to downtown is nothing so we do not have to worry about parking, although their is plenty of parking available.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2013
We just slep there and left early in the morning. It was fine.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Standard hotel accomidations"
The room was clean which is all I typically expect from a Holiday Inn...but the lounge was comfortable and the food was actually pretty good.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
"Great location for price"
Would definitely stay again, easy walk into town.
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"Great staff"
Nice hotel but the thing that makes this hotel standout is the staff. Everyone from the front desk to cleaning staff was the friendliest and most helpful hotel staff I've seen anywhere in a very long time. Kudos to management for putting together such a great team.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"nothing spectacular"
Rooms were nothing amazing. Location was alright in conjunction to downtown but still a slight hike. Pool was also very small. Still had fun though.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Close to everything."
This is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel. Centrally located and accessable to everything. Very Good breakfast buffet with helpful, courteous waitstaff. We were in the area for a U.N.H. graduation. It was helpful to be so close to the University and eating areas. Thanks
Other trip May 25, 2013
Barb
"Portsmouth"
No hot tub. Rehab just done. But some old details left. Rusted door frames. Hollow core doors. Very very slow elevator. Good price. Nice overall hotel got business and quick in and out. Low budget hotels next door.
2 night business trip May 17, 2013
"Bachelorette Party"
The stay was nice. No issues. Everything was clean enough and they were very accomidating. The price wasn't too bad. I woukd definitely use them again.
Other trip May 5, 2013
"Noisy Housekeeping Service"
This is a great hotel, very clean and well run. Our only complaint is the housekeeping staff lets the doors slam while they are cleaning rooms in the morning. We must have heard them at least 100 times in the AM before checking out, very annoying.
1 night trip with friends Apr 20, 2013
Craven
"Be thrifty. Check in at Holiday Inn"
The bath tab was clogged and a bit untidy. The creamer on the breakfast table was probably outdated or spoiled. We had to request another coffee cup and fresh creamer.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
"great hotel great location"
the hotel was very clean and comfortable. it was in a great location and very close to kittery outlets which was nice! i would definitely recommend staying here!
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2013