All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
3333 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

Decent hotel, nice location. The rooms could use an update.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"Pricey for what you get"
This hotel is nice, but quite overpriced. At $170/night, I would expect a larger pool (the pool is literally a landing for the water slide) and a cleaner room. The carpet was stained, the mirror was damaged, and there was hair from a previous guest in the shower of room 244. The employees were very professional and courteous and the location is ideal.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Kristyn
Toilet was running and my husband had to fix and air conditioner was makin a horrible noise that woke us up in the middle of the night. Manager gave us free breakfast for the inconvenience. We cancelled our reservations for the next night
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Gran Rapids Trip"
Great Stay - Staff was very courteous and the rooms were clean and had no problems. Will stay again.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
The room we were in had gum stuck to the floor. The bathtub was not clean, hair and ring around tub.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Clarence
"What a wonderful stay. Thank you!"
We had a wonderful stay. Everything was perfect. Thank you so much for the great hospitality.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"R and R"
I was well pleased with the room, service, and amenities. The pool,and tropical was secure and well maintained.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Deborah
"Dirty and Over Priced"
The building is very ran down. Our bed lines were dirty and don't even think of setting your suitcase on the floor.. Highly disappointed and will never stay at a Ramada again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"It has potenial"
Honestly, we walked into a toilet seat that was hanging off the edge of the toilet. Our hairdryer stopped working, page 13 was missing from our welcome booklet and we asked for towels and 10am and did not receive until 7pm only after enquiring again. Also,the slide at the pool was closed on Sunday. However, through child's eyes, it was the best!
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"4day stay"
The hotels need a revamp... dreary colour scheme bordering on dingy. Smell of chlorine right through from the swimming pool. Asked staff 4 times for batteries for the remote control for TV. Was in town with some friends and we were all in different hotels. This was definitely the least "nice" of them This would make me avoid the brand
3 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
ian
"nice sstay"
Hotel is comfortable with shopping and restraints nearby. Front desk staff were not friendly or very helpful
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Charissa
"Blah"
The hotel was ok, but our bathroom was very dirty. The toilet and sink appeared to have not been cleaned from previous guest.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Jesse
"Never again"
Let's see, the sheets/comforter and carpet were stained, and some outlets were fried. Then they double charged me and no one is returning my messages. Never again.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
"need better customer service"
W as checked in Very easy well getting on elevator staff almost ran us over and didn't apologize Room had spiderwebs and The walls Was dirty
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Good choice in SE Grand Rapids"
Clean and comfortable room. I LOVE the pillows. TV was large and there were good HD options. Reasonably priced for central location to amenities and activities on SE side of GR.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
"this hotel needs lots of improvment"
we had a worst experience. the bathroom sink clogged , and starting leaking called but no response. needed extra blanket and I was told 20 minutes wait time at 10. clock in night.
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
zainab
"Cleaness to be improved"
Nice breakfast served by very pleasant lady. Thank you. The room cleaness should be improved. Found long hairs on towels and in bath. Some mold on the walls in bath room. The staff was friendly.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
"poor staff"
When the receptionist (Drew) could drag himself away from talking to his colleague his welcome consisted of a curt "last name". He then started a needlessly aggressive conversation about me paying for his room rather than mine. He then paused several times to look at women walking past rather than give me my key (which didn't work in the door). Possibly the most unprofessional reception experience I have had. Hotel was generally tired.
Response by Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Thank you for your comments, we always welcome guest feedback and suggestions. I apologize for your experience when checking in, this is not the norm or what we expect. Your comments have been passed on to the Front Desk Manager and will be addressed with the employee. We hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in Grand Rapids.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"SATISFYING"
Enjoyed my stay I have stayed there every year for 20 years. Even the bar tenders remember me at the chIcago pizza as supposedly I'm the only one that drinks Pappermint schnapps and water tall with a splash of soda. plus there food is good. this was the first time I've ever paiod that much fort a room tho.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
PATRICIA
"Disappointing service; great waterslide."
Our room want ready until 5:30pm. Check in time was at 4pm. Only an apology was offered. There was not a cot in our room as requested. I had to go to the desk in person to request one since none of the 3 phones in our rooms were working. I informed the desk attendant the phones were not working and they still didn't repair them. Also, our bed was saggy in the center and in need of replacement. Service was definitely disappointing. The waterslide however, was great for our kids.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Miserable"
Very noisy all night long.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"One night business stay"
I felt like the stay at your hotel was OK. It was not a poor facility or service, but there was little about this hotel which would make me jump to go back. I am likely to try another hotel in the area to see if they have a more appealing hotel and service.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Miguel
"Nice stay after a few issues were handled."
We arrived at 5:00 (checkin is 4) and they seemed confused as to whether our room was available yet. After a 20 min wait, we were given our key and 4 free breakfast vouchers for our wait...that was very appreciated. Our room was poolside and when we entered I was very disappointed. The smell of chlorine was unbearable and the room was in need of much TLC (wallpaper peeling, rusted doors, part of bathroom mirror rusted over). Within minutes of us entering the room, the cleaning staff came to our door and said the bathroom hadn't been cleaned yet so they entered and started cleaning. I was disturbed by this and went to speak to the manager. He was wonderful !! After explaining the entire situation, he upgraded us to a suite style room away from the pool. He was professional and efficient. The new room was excellent and the remainder of our stay was pleasant. Our kids really enjoyed the waterpark and the attached restaurant was awesome !! I would definitely stay here again (but never poolside).
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Cheryl
"Room was nice, service was bad"
When I first arrived there was trash in one of the trash cans. Housekeeping never came to clean he room and replenish towls on the second day of my stay. I had to call down to the front desk twice to get them to come and when they did they only brought towels, didn't take trash.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Tammie
"Old hotel that needs serious updating"
The front desk staff are very helpful and nice, but the hotel is really in the need of a facelift. There is no courtesy van to pick you up from airport as advertised, but they will reimburse your taxi services. The hallway carpets need updating, and the hotel was very noisy...cleaning staff yell to each other down the hallways and slam doors. Since I got in at midnight, it would have been nice to not have that type of "wake up" call in the morning.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Promesa
"Great Experience."
Stay was great. Hotel was worth the money and the pool area is great for kids. Hot tub is a little small- but other than that I have no complaints.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great value for your money"
Nice warm breakfast, reasonably firm bed, great Japanese / Chinese restaurant one block away.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Harald
Sheets were not clean. Bed cover was spotted. Pool was too crowded and small for the number of kids trying to enjoy it.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
check in was fast but room wasn't ready till 4:45pm
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
victor
"Small but the kids liked the waterslide"
I don't know if we would stay again as the beds are so tiny, the rooms are old, outdated, and cheap, and breakfast is costly. Any kid over 8 is an adult and has to pay $7 and all my kids wanted was cereal and one wanted a bagel instead. But they liked the waterslide and the staff was kind and helpful.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Danz
"Visiting Grand Rapids"
The Ramada Plaza is a very nice place to stay this is my second time here, It was very busy this last visit and we didn't get to enjoy the pool or hot tub the way we had hoped but over all it was a nice stay, Close top shopping and many restaurants for any type of appetite. Would Stay again if in the area and would recommend to anyone looking for a convenient location
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Christina
"A tad outdated, but otherwise good place to go."
Overall very good. Staff was very nice. Food at breakfast was expensive and too many children.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Anne
"An ok hotel, did not meet what we were expecting"
We expected more, because of the advertising we used in picking this hotel. Towels were not available by the pool. We were not made aware that the slide is not always available. We got there Sunday afternoon at 5:00 and had only one hour for the family to enjoy the water slide. Our room was nice but not very clean, ie- the desk table had not been washed and had sticky rings on it and the bathroom was not as clean as we expected. The pool was not very clean at all and half of the games did not work.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Hotel was awful!"
This hotel was not worth the money. The pool was nothing like the pictures. It was dirty and the slide had algae growing on it. In the rooms The walls are thin and you can hear everything. Also the beds were not comfortable at all. I was very disappointed. I looks nice in the pictures but it was far from. On top of it there were very loud people in the halls and we asked the staff to please tell them to keep it down and they never did. Wish I could get my money back.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Jackie
"Terrible, never again. You should drop them."
The first room we were in, had a wet spot on the wall above the headboard and the hideaway bed was dirty. The second room was ok but there was food left in the microwave and in the frig. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom and I wouldn't let my kids swim in it. When complaining when we left the staff did nothing other than say sorry and I hope the rest of your day is good. Ridiculous!!!!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
carol
"Decent hotel very close to Calvin College"
The hotel room was neat and tidy but the shower had absolutely no water pressure. It was very difficult taking a proper shower when the water is slowly dripping out. The shower head was also neck level and forces you to crouch just to get under it.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Sach
"Never again....I'll save my money....."
Our stay was just ok...not exactly what we expected for the price. First, our keys didn't want to work...finally after numerous tries, we were able to get in our room. Maybe this is just a personal preference, but we thought it was extremely odd that there was no trash can in the bathroom. On their website and also listed on hotels.com it stated that the hotel had a waterslide, which they did, but it was not working. The water slide was one of the main reasons we chose to stay here. The next morning before check out, my boyfriend went downstairs to grab breakfast and was told that b/c he didn't purchase a breakfast card/package, he wasn't allowed to have breakfast. This wasn't offered on the website or at the time of check in. We Honestly, we could have stayed somewhere cheaper and had a better experience.
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Dana
"Mid Week Vac"
The staff was great and the hotel is very nice inside! If you like to shop this hotel is in a perfect location for you. Our hair dryer did not work and the slide only runs on the weekends (but they ran it for an hour for us). Also there was no fan in the bathroom, or it didn't work. But other than that I would recommend this hotel and we stay here again!
2 night trip with friends Mar 4, 2015
"Dirty"
The whole place was in such disrepair. Very old and dated and not very clean. Easily one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
Bethany
"Old. Dirty. Gross"
It was not a 3 star as advertised. Maybe it was in the 80's or 90's.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
matt
"Maintence issues."
Older hotel. Room nice. Heater made loud whining noise most of night. Bathroom sink backed-up. Overall good hotel, good value. Would stay again.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
josh
"Over priced"
Hotel is in need of a renovation! Old windows need replacing. Our room was was not clean, there were sticky glass marks on the night stand and stains on the wall. Totally over priced! Will not stay there ever again!
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Choir Conference"
Our stay was confotable. Hotel had very basic amenities. Only there one night, so service was required very little. Only concern was confusion over paying for a poolside room - but was not booked under that code. It was worked out, and a room provided, but facing the backside of a stairwell; so no view of the pool. Our 10 year old did enjoy the waterside feature of the pool. Location was close to everything we needed including a variety of restaurants for dinner.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Decent airport layover stay"
Ok room, very friendly staff. Hotel is not in great shape and we found a package of old cigarettes in the room. Breakfast buffet was quite large and affordable,
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2015
"Room conditions less than desirable."
My husband and I choose this hotel because of its 3 star rating and the waterslide. We had to spend 1 night and with two little kids we thought the waterslide would be great entertainment for the little ones. Once we got to the room I checked everything out (beds, floors, glanced at the bathroom) and it all seemed to be clean and in order, so we changed into swimsuits and headed to the pool till closing time. Back in the room we started to find glitches. There was condensation from the window onto the heating unit was pooling into a puddle (and not just a little puddle). The closet doors weren't in the track, which we didn't realize until the kids tried closing it. The towel hook in the bathroom was positioned in the correct spot until you put a towel on it and fell to the floor. There was water damage behind the bathroom door. The toilet seat was stained pink, how this happed who knows. The worst of the worst was the cracked toilet tank that was leaking onto the floor. Yes, a cracked toilet tank....
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Room is fine avoid weekend pool"
Hotel is clean, but really busy on the weekends. Pool is very small and very very crowded almost unsafe on Sat.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"Giant slide only open weekends"
We chose this hotel for the water slide, but when we got there were told that it was only open on the weekends. Very disappointing.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"Noisy."
It was very loud... You could hear people talking and doors opening and closing all through the night..
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Clean but needs new mattresses"
Hotel was clean, not very uncomfortable beds but was centrally located to shopping & restaurants. mattresses
3 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Bridget
"OK, If you cant book elsewhere"
Checked in for three nights 12-8 through 12-10. Lobby was OK and looked clean. Back out to the car to park and come in for the night. Parking lot was kind of shady, people standing around smoking. There was a weird smell in the elevator, stepping off the elevator on the second floor the smell was stronger. It was a very chlorine like smell. The wallpaper was peeling in several spots. On to the room... 1. Wallpaper peeling from walls in several spots. 2. No refrigerator or microwave 3. Mirrored doors on closet impossible to open without considerable manipulation 4. Paint chipped off painted walls 5. WiFi was in and out 6. TINY Bathroom, Toilet is almost touching the bathtub and no counterspace 7. No ventilation in bathroom. BLACK MOLD in corners of ceiling. 8. Mold in the grout of tiles around bathtub. 9. Noisy old mattresses with springs in your back all night The only upsides are a attached Old Chicago and a close Starbucks. I called downstairs to change my checkout day to a day earlier and was very rudely informed I would have to go through Expedia to do that. Mind you its not that they couldn't do it, it's the attitude and rudeness with which I was treated.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014