All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3333 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49512, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

"early check in issue"
Had a problem getting an early check in for a 4:30 wedding after a 5 hour drive. Due to road construction we did not arrive until 3:30 and room was ready, but they could not guarantee it before we left....
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Bryan
We had booked for 9 nights and the first night we were woke up at 4:30 a.m. with trash pickup, the second day they never cleaned our room, the third day the air condtioner was broke and made a terrible noise as ws the coffee maker, the pool was filled with children who splashed and cannonballed or flipped whereever they pleased. It was impossible to do my water exercises and I never used the pool again. The fourth night both myself and the manager lost our cool and he told us to get out and go somewhere else. Eventually, we were moved to the 4th floor where it was much better. I would not go back to that hotel. The location is very convenient. There was some staff that was very helpful, but I still would not go back. The breakfast was not very good, but very expensive considering other places give a complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Very nice"
It was not perfect but overall a pleasant stay. The staffs were courteous. Restaurants and mall are very close to the hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Lake Orion Red Dog
"Highly Disappointed"
Reserved a double queen room and was given a room for a disabled person with one full-sized bed that had stained sheets.
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
Greg
"good location; family oriented"
water slide and pool attracts families; therefore the surrounding rooms and hallways tend to be loud from kids running up and down hallways, doors repeatedly opening/closing, laughter and shrieking...the location is very good, near the local mall and popular restaurants. There is a connected restaurant-Old Chicago, the food and staff were very good. this is not the place if you want quiet after a long day of seminars and business meetings.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Mrrico
Only used this hotel for sleep 1 night so didn't get to see much of it or use any of the facilities
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Rae Ann
"Fool me twice Shame on me"
This was my second shot at this property because my normal property was sold out (same reason I stayed first time). Twice in two separate 3 night stays my room was not cleaned on one of the nights. Elevator floors were constantly puddled in pool water from kids staying there for the water slide. Not a business traveler friend place.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Not very clean"
We arrived at about 10pm. We got to the room. It was not apparent right away but soon we saw ants and realized there was quite a bit of food pieces on the floor all over. It was clear the room had not been vacuumed. We called the desk and they sent a housekeeper. They then switched our room to a pool side family suite. It was cleaner but still not super clean. The door off the pool did not shut right and took multiple times to open it. We didn't bother complaining. The pool area is nice and fun. Water slide, hot tub, table games. Adult swimming only from 10-11 pm. The Hotel appears to be old and run down and they have tried to upgrade it. I think I will stick with Hampton. They are my old standby.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Jenna
"Not Business ready poor lighting"
Need to up date your bathroom the bathroom was small
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
sonja
A bit noisy at night Overall decent place Shuttle is a plus
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Apw
"Not a water park"
Took kids for a special getaway. One slide does not make a water park. Further, the hours of 5-10 make it even less than a slide. (But maybe that wristband will fool me into thinking it's a water park) Further when the pool shuts down from someone throwing up that makes 2 hours of availability over three days. Grumpy front desk for places that give pretty good free breakfast, real good pools and outstanding rooms ( these are good not great) why settle for less. Tried ramada after a long time loyal to others. Won't try again as the standard is too high now in this price range.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2014
"Short family trip, good hotel for that."
My husband and I and our three kids stayed here, one night. Kids ages are 4, 8 and 10. We stayed in a king room which had a pull out couch that was plenty big for our 8 and 10 year old to share. Our 4 year old slept with us. The room was comfortable, had a microwave and a mini fridge, very nice with kids who want something to drink and snacks all the time. There was a vending machine on our floor too. The pool area has a game room, pool table and ping pong table, all that you have to pay for. The pool was decent with a "kiddy pool" area and a water slide that was turned on at 5pm, that was fun for our older two kids. The hotel has Old Chicago Restaurant attached to it that had great food and a good atmosphere for a family. There is also a Starbucks within walking distance from the hotel. Overall, we had a good stay.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
Jenny
"A bit of a let down:("
The rooms are mediocre, there was still trash on the bathroom floor. The adult time at the pool was a nice option however they shut down the water slide, and the pool was dirty. The staff was friendly. The beds were decent. Overall I most likely would not stay again!
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Hotel was close to several things that I wanted to do. Ice arena nearby, Tim hortons, lots of places to eat, thrift shops and Fredrick meijer gardens. All in all I am very happy with my choice
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Close to college visits"
Great location, but the beds were terrible! I lost so much sleep due to the quality of the beds.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
pat
"Overnight stop in Grand Rapids"
If you don't mind being surrounded by raucous children, this is the place to stay. Room had no kleenex and the hallway was littered with popcorn for our entire stay there. Also, the portion of the hallway nearest the pool entrance stunk of chlorine. Even at our door, some 40 steps from the pool entrance, it still smelled of chlorine. Staff seemed to be doing their best and kept it friendly but they seem on the verge of overwhelmed. Couldn't find a king room on short notice for a better price, so I suppose the ol' you get what you pay for adage applies.
"Not in Grand Rapids"
The hotel is inside city limits; a fifteen minute drive to down town. It's by a mall and fast food heaven. Not where I wanted to be
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
Rb
"Off the interstate"
We stopped here one night. We did not experience much. The room was older and the sheets had some stains on them. After seeing that, I did not feel comfortable being in the bed. The bathroom was run down. I wouldn't stay here again. You do get what you pay for I guess.
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
ILTravel
We stayed there because of the swimming pool for our Grandchildren. Was very dissappointed that they do not serve free breakfast like other hotels do. I will not stay there again. It's overrated!
5 night family trip Jun 24, 2014
"Stay at Ramada was great for the kids!!"
Kids loved the slide. I was disappointed in room and the condition of hotel in general. People drink beer and smoke in stairwell. Not sure if I would stay there again.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
"Loved the water slide"
Overall nice stay. Not enough lighting in the rooms, only two lamps.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"Not my color"
The abundance of long blond hair everywhere was certainly not mine...
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Hot Sam
My family and I had a nice mini vacation here. The pool was awesome.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
theresa
"Not a place I would ever recommend or stay at"
the mini fridge vibrated the microwave all night long. I had to pile a bunch of heavy items on it to get any sleep at all. There was mold growing in the bathroom, there was a coffe make, but no pot.
Response by Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Dear Guest, I apologize you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. Had you let us know the fridge was noisy, we would have definitely removed it or replaced it with another if you were using it. And as for the coffee maker...it's a one cup brewer, so it brews in to your cup....no pot necessary. The instructions for this are printed clearly on the coffee packets and makes it so it's more eco friendly and clean. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to being of service to you in the furture.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Convenient but service not so good"
Hotel manager walked around telling and frowning a lot. They only allow two additional pool passes which was a hassle when I had my daughters friends from school who wanted to come. Some of the staff was nice though. The bathroom had hair all around and the bed was not comfortable . The best part was the pool and the slide.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Too much money for the hotel ! Way over priced ... not really happy with it.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Joanne Bray
"horrible"
Will never stay again.. didn't check in till 1140 pm on a Saturday night called hotel around 10 pm before booking to make sure pool was good. Told me no issue with pool.. again when checking in asked about pool again was told would open at 7 am next morning.. next morning go to pool and closed sign on pool.. went to front desk and lady was very rude told me pool has been closed since early morning day before... I was not happy demended a refund and moved hotels.. hotel manager Larry then told me I would be refunded for both night which I was not.. now today over a week later he returned my phone call to tell me since I stayed Saturday night he would not be refunding me.. on to the room... The room we stayed in had a bed thatv had to be 15+ years old.. 2 small pillow and the air turned on and off all night .. we did not get much sleep due to the lack of comfort... Will not very use Ramada hotels again.. horrible staff and horrible experience..
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014
rob
"Nothing to write home about!"
Hotel have very STRONG chlorine smell, poor ventilation in the rooms. Rooms were okay however all light switches were SO DIRTY I had to wash my hands after using them. It was okay in a pinch however I will not stay again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Certainly Not A Three Star"
Old, weary - run to somewhere else in Grand Rapids.
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Great area around hotel, variety of activities."
excellent location, very nice staff keep up the good work.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Hotel presents as "tired""
This hotel need a redo. Bathrooms aren't clean, paint is peeling, A/C noisy. I wouldn't stay here again. Great location but that's about all.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Doug
"Very Nice Stay"
When you make reservations at a place you've never been, it can be a little scary. I'll have to say that we were pleasantly surprised by our hotel visit. It was in a wonderful location...close to anything you could ever want as far as shopping and restaurants. The staff greeted us in a very friendly manner, and were also professional. Our room was clean and inviting. What was a game changer for us...the pillows. I have suffered from neck pain for over a year. We purchased a new mattress and new pillows - both were high-end, expensive purchases, in hopes to alleviate my neck pain. It didn't help. I had gotten to the point that I thought I was just going to have to live with this pain. Half way through the night, I woke up, and realized that my neck wasn't hurting. I just thought I was dreaming. In the morning, I was completely free of any neck pain! When we checked out, I mentioned something to the desk person. She was so understanding, and made the comment that others have also mentioned the wonderful pillows. I asked if there was a place to purchase the pillows. She said, Yes, right here. We sell them for $15. I bought 2. We came home, and I slept like a baby. My husband even said I was snoring...something I have never done in my life! So, thank you, for introducing us to this wonderful hotel...and especially their pillows!
Other trip May 10, 2014
Jill
"Good hotel for an overnight stay"
Stayed here during a conference which took place in downtown Grand Rapids, so it wasn't ideal, but it was close enough of a drive where it wasn't a hassle. Staff was friendly and acommodating, and the room was clean. No complaints.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Housecleaning staff needs some help"
The three days room was cleaned , first day soaps and shampoos not replenished, second towels that were left on floor were not replaced, and third empty tissue box was not replaced. Overall property was clean and front of house staff was nice but little stuff like having to go downstairs for more towels and shampoo are not acceptable.
3 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
"Decent"
I didn't like that they didn't have free breakfast. The entrance where we were told to go in had a smashed window which did get fixed while we were there. Overall decent stay.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
"Very friendly staff. Close to everything."
Our room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The only complaint I had was the pool was kind of discusting and crowded. But come to find out there pool filter wasn't working properly. I would goto this hotel again, just not during spring break.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
My husband, daughter, and I stayed in a two room suite for two nights. The location is great on 28th street, very close to shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed the pool, but it was very packed on a Thursday and Friday night.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2014
"Meh"
Updated beds but that is all. Gross bathroom, cloudy pool and waterslide only opens at 4pm so the next morning the kids could only swim in the tiny pool.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"This place was a filthy dump"
pool water cloudy and dirty, black curly hairs in pool, long black hair wrapped around the hairdryer in my room, clump of hair stuck to one of the supposedly clean towels in our room. Told the front desk and she just said, oh, sorry about that. Arcade was dirty, two games were broken and ate our money, claw machines were empty except for 3 or 4 little stuffed animals at the bottom. I would never stay here again.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Sam
"Covienient"
Well Located clean and comfortable
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Ed
"Nice Mini-Vacation"
I stayed to have some time to myself. The room was lovely other than I couldn't get the sleep number bed to noticeably work for me (it was still very comfortable). The restaurant attached to the hotel made great food and I went to it twice. I was close to the Woodland Mall and could get onto the major streets with some ease. The Wifi was dependent on how many people were using it (as always), but I was able to use it without too much trouble. The staff were courteous, but I must caution the breakfast was not free. It was good though. Altogether a nice mini vacation.
2 night trip Feb 12, 2014
Rachel Oberlin
I was satisfied with our hotel stay, but would not stay there on a Saturday night again. There is a waterpark inside the hotel and lots of family's with kids were there. That made the hallways very noisy in the evening when we were trying to sleep as we had an early flight the next day.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Great price and location. Everything you could possibly want is within a mile or two and downtown is only a short drive away.
2 night romance trip Mar 7, 2014
"Good location at a fair price"
This was a decent hotel, clean with a friendly staff at a fair price for the area. The parking lot didn't provide adequate room for all guests (but that was, in part, due to the large piles of snow that were everywhere). We also had a lot of problems with the back door card reader and had to get new cards twice during our two day stay. There is a nice pool w/ waterslide, splash pool, and hot tub which were often very busy. The area surrounding this hotel is great for shopping and dining with many options. As a bonus, the Starbucks is right next door!
2 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
Andrew S
"It's alright"
Overall for the price, the stay wasn't that bad. The beds are not that comfortable.When we came back to the hotel after dinner, the maids moved all our stuff around including throwing all our clothes in different luggage bags so it was difficult finding our clothes. They also threw away cups with drinks we were saving for later. It was also a little farther from downtown than I expected but we took the hopper which was a cheap alternative to a taxi
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Not impressed"
Staff friendly. Room small. Nicer hotels in area!
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Great hotel and staff"
Outstanding accommodations and customer service! Nice rooms and access to the internet for freee
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Dirty"
I do not recommend this hotel. Very dirty in and around this hotel. My bathroom was even missing a shower head so water pour right out of the wall! If they even cleaned this room, including the bathroom, someone should have noticed this. Ramada Inns are not what they used to be!!
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
Shelley
"Nice Place to stay"
We stayed on a Saturday night and it was busy but only what one would expect for a Saturday. Our room was very nice and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool is fun but it is a small pool with a pretty cool slide and a spot the is about 2 feet deep for small kids. The hot tub was extremely hot which was nice the biggest downside to the pool is there is an extremely strong chlorine - chemical smell in pool area. Also I personally would not want a poolside room unless I had a bunch of kids because it is load with all the kids playing. It was a fun stay and the hotel has a inside hallway to a wonderful pizza place.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
mold on bathtub caulking, toilet seat worn out showing brown primer under white paint, wallpaper in several area are peeling at the seams(one location its sticking out about 3'' away from wall, coffee pot was too small ! ,called for extra coffee and a towel which took about 15min. to get delivered, lobby floor was dirty, no TV channel guide in room.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014