All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
3333 28th St SEGrand RapidsMI49512United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

Ordinary pool
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"Nice place to stay, clean."
Clean and nice place to stay. Will visit again. Friendly staff and convenient to restaurants.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Great Location, Great Possibilities, But Outdated"
This hotel is in need of improvement and repairs. The beds were quite uncomfortable - even for the teens. The whirlpool jets were not working properly, so the tub temp was 115 degrees. (Most I know are 104.) Granted, I love hot water, so I could handle that. But I love jets more, so it was a disappointing soak. Add to that no clean pool towels when we were done. Didn't try the water slide. Many things were dated, tired, and in need of updating. Most vending machines were out of order - we went to every single floor and still couldn't get what we wanted. If this hotel were kept up/rejuvenated, it would be a great place for families. As is, it is just sad. Front desk was helpful, but a little edgy. However, I think that's just how she came off. She was still helpful to us. Nice treat to see Wyndham Rewards members get appetizers and drinks free on Tuesdays (and Wednesdays?). Food was tasty, but scarce. I'm sure it's hard to estimate how much food is needed. Bartender was very pleasant and a real bonus to the establishment. She was very kind and friendly. Rooms seemed clean and were quiet, just uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Trakie1
Decent hotel, nice location. The rooms could use an update.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"Pricey for what you get"
This hotel is nice, but quite overpriced. At $170/night, I would expect a larger pool (the pool is literally a landing for the water slide) and a cleaner room. The carpet was stained, the mirror was damaged, and there was hair from a previous guest in the shower of room 244. The employees were very professional and courteous and the location is ideal.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Kristyn
Toilet was running and my husband had to fix and air conditioner was makin a horrible noise that woke us up in the middle of the night. Manager gave us free breakfast for the inconvenience. We cancelled our reservations for the next night
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Gran Rapids Trip"
Great Stay - Staff was very courteous and the rooms were clean and had no problems. Will stay again.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2015
"Nice to be able to walk to the Old Chicago bar"
Best part of the hotel was the Old Chicago attached. Noticed in morning while packing up that there was dried blood all over the blinds in the room. Other than that, the room was ok- just a bit outdated and smelled a bit.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Brandon
"Wouldn't recommend"
Bad service. Unorganized staff. Room wasn't ready on time. Breakfast was not worth the $. The pool was small and outdated. The big slide that they advertise has very limited hours. The room was ok. Room keys didn't work even after being reprogrammed several times. The staff was incredibly rude. We had prepaid. If we hadn't we would have left and chose a place that had a more convenient location.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
The room we were in had gum stuck to the floor. The bathtub was not clean, hair and ring around tub.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Clarence
"What a wonderful stay. Thank you!"
We had a wonderful stay. Everything was perfect. Thank you so much for the great hospitality.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Older hotel"
The hotel was older and it had a dingy smell to it. The room was clean, but the bed was hard.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"R and R"
I was well pleased with the room, service, and amenities. The pool,and tropical was secure and well maintained.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2015
Deborah
"Dirty and Over Priced"
The building is very ran down. Our bed lines were dirty and don't even think of setting your suitcase on the floor.. Highly disappointed and will never stay at a Ramada again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"The place is very, very outdated."
Decor is like circa 1990. The place has a muggy, musty smell to it. Which makes you feel gross considering it's not the cleanest looking. I should've gone with a holiday inn
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Waterslide for the Kids"
Best part about this hotel is the pool and games area.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
2x visitor
"It has potenial"
Honestly, we walked into a toilet seat that was hanging off the edge of the toilet. Our hairdryer stopped working, page 13 was missing from our welcome booklet and we asked for towels and 10am and did not receive until 7pm only after enquiring again. Also,the slide at the pool was closed on Sunday. However, through child's eyes, it was the best!
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"4day stay"
The hotels need a revamp... dreary colour scheme bordering on dingy. Smell of chlorine right through from the swimming pool. Asked staff 4 times for batteries for the remote control for TV. Was in town with some friends and we were all in different hotels. This was definitely the least "nice" of them This would make me avoid the brand
3 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
ian
"Too many children"
The pool was packed with children throwing things everywhere, dunking each other under water, and running on the pool deck. The pool attendants rarely intervened or enforced rules, and many parents weren't watching their children closely enough. As a person who used to lifeguard, the pool situation looked like an accident waiting to happen. The hot tub jets didn't work and there were kids in it. The slide was fun. The room was a nice, typical hotel room.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Hotel needed to be cleaned overall."
Room was decent. Hallways and elevators were dirty. Looked like from laziness on the staff. The staff were still cleaning rooms at 7pm when we check in.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"nice sstay"
Hotel is comfortable with shopping and restraints nearby. Front desk staff were not friendly or very helpful
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Charissa
"Blah"
The hotel was ok, but our bathroom was very dirty. The toilet and sink appeared to have not been cleaned from previous guest.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Jesse
"Never again"
Let's see, the sheets/comforter and carpet were stained, and some outlets were fried. Then they double charged me and no one is returning my messages. Never again.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
"Friendly"
The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There were many sports teams staying here and it was still quiet.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Rhonda
"need better customer service"
W as checked in Very easy well getting on elevator staff almost ran us over and didn't apologize Room had spiderwebs and The walls Was dirty
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Good choice in SE Grand Rapids"
Clean and comfortable room. I LOVE the pillows. TV was large and there were good HD options. Reasonably priced for central location to amenities and activities on SE side of GR.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
"this hotel needs lots of improvment"
we had a worst experience. the bathroom sink clogged , and starting leaking called but no response. needed extra blanket and I was told 20 minutes wait time at 10. clock in night.
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
zainab
"Comfortable hotel"
Comfortable and not expensive Clean Breakfast buffet with a cheap price
Other trip May 23, 2015
Amos
"I'd stay sgain"
Clean. Convenient. Close to the airport. No issues.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Elisa
"Cleaness to be improved"
Nice breakfast served by very pleasant lady. Thank you. The room cleaness should be improved. Found long hairs on towels and in bath. Some mold on the walls in bath room. The staff was friendly.
3 night business trip May 11, 2015
"Retribution or Inept Management"
When I checked in I was assigned a handicap room that had not been cleaned. I'm not handicapped. When I complained to the manager, I was offered a different room which I declined since I'd already carried all my baggage in. Then I questioned why I received no senior , military or AAA discount & was told there are none because I booked Expedia. Then the manager gave me a breakfast buffet pass, when anyone in the hotel could go to the buffet.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Deb
"poor staff"
When the receptionist (Drew) could drag himself away from talking to his colleague his welcome consisted of a curt "last name". He then started a needlessly aggressive conversation about me paying for his room rather than mine. He then paused several times to look at women walking past rather than give me my key (which didn't work in the door). Possibly the most unprofessional reception experience I have had. Hotel was generally tired.
Response by Ramada Plaza Grand Rapids
Thank you for your comments, we always welcome guest feedback and suggestions. I apologize for your experience when checking in, this is not the norm or what we expect. Your comments have been passed on to the Front Desk Manager and will be addressed with the employee. We hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in Grand Rapids.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
"Excellent Stay"
Good room. Would recommend for sure. I was here for business and it was just right to relax between sales calls.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Not set up for four adults"
I paid extra for four adults, two nights and the room was never set up for four adults. Three towels and washcloths and one shampoo and cream rinse. Coffee for two. I understood there was free breakfast, which would have made it worth the price, but wasn't included. I will stay somewhere else for the same price, but has free breakfast.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Denise
"SATISFYING"
Enjoyed my stay I have stayed there every year for 20 years. Even the bar tenders remember me at the chIcago pizza as supposedly I'm the only one that drinks Pappermint schnapps and water tall with a splash of soda. plus there food is good. this was the first time I've ever paiod that much fort a room tho.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
PATRICIA
"Close to shopping and dining and the airport"
Nice clean quiet older property. Nice pool and water slide!
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Disappointing service; great waterslide."
Our room want ready until 5:30pm. Check in time was at 4pm. Only an apology was offered. There was not a cot in our room as requested. I had to go to the desk in person to request one since none of the 3 phones in our rooms were working. I informed the desk attendant the phones were not working and they still didn't repair them. Also, our bed was saggy in the center and in need of replacement. Service was definitely disappointing. The waterslide however, was great for our kids.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Miserable"
Very noisy all night long.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"One night business stay"
I felt like the stay at your hotel was OK. It was not a poor facility or service, but there was little about this hotel which would make me jump to go back. I am likely to try another hotel in the area to see if they have a more appealing hotel and service.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Miguel
"Nice stay after a few issues were handled."
We arrived at 5:00 (checkin is 4) and they seemed confused as to whether our room was available yet. After a 20 min wait, we were given our key and 4 free breakfast vouchers for our wait...that was very appreciated. Our room was poolside and when we entered I was very disappointed. The smell of chlorine was unbearable and the room was in need of much TLC (wallpaper peeling, rusted doors, part of bathroom mirror rusted over). Within minutes of us entering the room, the cleaning staff came to our door and said the bathroom hadn't been cleaned yet so they entered and started cleaning. I was disturbed by this and went to speak to the manager. He was wonderful !! After explaining the entire situation, he upgraded us to a suite style room away from the pool. He was professional and efficient. The new room was excellent and the remainder of our stay was pleasant. Our kids really enjoyed the waterpark and the attached restaurant was awesome !! I would definitely stay here again (but never poolside).
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Cheryl
"Room was nice, service was bad"
When I first arrived there was trash in one of the trash cans. Housekeeping never came to clean he room and replenish towls on the second day of my stay. I had to call down to the front desk twice to get them to come and when they did they only brought towels, didn't take trash.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Tammie
"Old hotel that needs serious updating"
The front desk staff are very helpful and nice, but the hotel is really in the need of a facelift. There is no courtesy van to pick you up from airport as advertised, but they will reimburse your taxi services. The hallway carpets need updating, and the hotel was very noisy...cleaning staff yell to each other down the hallways and slam doors. Since I got in at midnight, it would have been nice to not have that type of "wake up" call in the morning.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Promesa
"Great Experience."
Stay was great. Hotel was worth the money and the pool area is great for kids. Hot tub is a little small- but other than that I have no complaints.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great value for your money"
Nice warm breakfast, reasonably firm bed, great Japanese / Chinese restaurant one block away.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Harald
Sheets were not clean. Bed cover was spotted. Pool was too crowded and small for the number of kids trying to enjoy it.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
check in was fast but room wasn't ready till 4:45pm
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
victor
"Small but the kids liked the waterslide"
I don't know if we would stay again as the beds are so tiny, the rooms are old, outdated, and cheap, and breakfast is costly. Any kid over 8 is an adult and has to pay $7 and all my kids wanted was cereal and one wanted a bagel instead. But they liked the waterslide and the staff was kind and helpful.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Danz
"Visiting Grand Rapids"
The Ramada Plaza is a very nice place to stay this is my second time here, It was very busy this last visit and we didn't get to enjoy the pool or hot tub the way we had hoped but over all it was a nice stay, Close top shopping and many restaurants for any type of appetite. Would Stay again if in the area and would recommend to anyone looking for a convenient location
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Christina
"A tad outdated, but otherwise good place to go."
Overall very good. Staff was very nice. Food at breakfast was expensive and too many children.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Anne
"An ok hotel, did not meet what we were expecting"
We expected more, because of the advertising we used in picking this hotel. Towels were not available by the pool. We were not made aware that the slide is not always available. We got there Sunday afternoon at 5:00 and had only one hour for the family to enjoy the water slide. Our room was nice but not very clean, ie- the desk table had not been washed and had sticky rings on it and the bathroom was not as clean as we expected. The pool was not very clean at all and half of the games did not work.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Hotel was awful!"
This hotel was not worth the money. The pool was nothing like the pictures. It was dirty and the slide had algae growing on it. In the rooms The walls are thin and you can hear everything. Also the beds were not comfortable at all. I was very disappointed. I looks nice in the pictures but it was far from. On top of it there were very loud people in the halls and we asked the staff to please tell them to keep it down and they never did. Wish I could get my money back.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015