All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here270 Ann Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"good"
we were in town for a family wedding, no complaints about the Riverfront Hotel
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Worse customer service I have ever experienced."
Don't waste your time going to the bar/lounge area. Customer service worst I have ever experienced. The manager Jamie argumentative over one horrible tasting drink. Went to the Elbow Room bar to finish a great night with friends.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Clean on a budget"
Comfort Select bed was the highlight of my two night stay. Loved that bed! The rest of the room was clean, roomy, but in need of minor maintenence such as fixing peeling wallpaper and regrouting in bathroom. Two bothersome things: the bed blocked the outlets so we had to plug in phones across the room and there was no fan in the bathroom so taking showers made it steamy for a long time. Staff at the hotel and on-site restaurant were very nice. I had to call down for a towel the second morning because the cleaning staff didn't replace one and they brought it up within five minutes. Very prompt. Food at the restaurant was merely OK for the price. They did have coffee in the room and in the morning near the lobby for guests but I would have liked a small breakfast selection included even if it was just cold items like fruit or muffins. I like to have something to grab before I run to the conference. I didn't want to have to sit and wait for food in the restaurant.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Wouldn't stay again"
Staff was very nice. Room was ok but bathroom was pretty dirty. The hotel was old and had a mold, wet smell.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
theresa
"All was well"
All was well - clean, comfortable, easy to access, etc. While it didn't affect the stay, the hotel condition and especially decorating appears very outdated. New hallway carpeting and interior maintenance of elevator cab would improve this dramatically.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
robert
"Just OK Rapids"
Hotel staff was very courteous, nice, and helpful. The hotel is located close to downtown which is a plus, but nothing pleasant within walking distance from hotel. Exterior of hotel looks old and not much to look at. Inside of hotel a bit better, but can use a little updating....especially the bathrooms in the rooms. Overall, the stay was not decent. We only needed a room for sleeping and this hotel worked out fine. On site restaurant and bar a big plus. Did not take advantage of pool nor did I see it so I can't comment on that.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
JORGE
"Satisfied Customer"
We were in Grand Rapids for jury duty. The hotel was very close to downtown which was nice. The room was very clean. Plenty of space. Very nice king size bed which we loved. The ladies at front desk were very nice. Only complaint was the trash cans in the room were very small.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Alice
"family time"
Overnight stay.. beds were number beds. Mine didn't work. Other bed was ok. Rooms need update. Front desk was nice. Needs new carpet.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Deborah
"Riverfront Review."
I was not happy with the fitness center. It was hot. It should have had air. The machines were old. 2 machines didn't work correctly. No free breakfast. You had to buy it in there restaurant. For the price I paid, I expected more.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Dawn
"Our stay"
We enjoyed our stay, and lived the shuttle services.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Great staff, disappointing renovations"
Staff was very friendly, positive and accommodating to our needs. Halls and elevators needed new carpeting and were smelly, renovation was mediocre. Personally, I'm not a fan of air number beds. I would only return if there were no other options.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Our stay"
The rooms were nice, but the overall hotel left more to be desired. We took advantage of the pool and hot tab, which we enjoyed them. They also had a sauna, but it wasn't in use. Overall, the hotel served it's purpose, but next time we'll pay a little more money for better accommodations.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Never Staying There Again"
Awful custom service.
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"Decent hotel at a fair price."
No better, no worse than Hampton inn or Holiday inn express. Hotel restaurant was good.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Will Return"
Very nice room, great food.
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Riverfront Hotel"
The hotel is very dated, but the rooms were clean and I had no problems otherwise.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"tupil time"
Beds were uncomfortable and not working properly (sleep number), staff friendly and helpful. Food was ok overpriced and small selection, sunday comedy night was well worth the stay
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"happy concert goer"
Went with friends to a concert and needed to stay overnight. No complaints about the hotel.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Erica
"Older, clean, ok stay"
Staff was friendly, restaurant food was super yummy and they had a great band playing in the lounge during our late dinner, which we really enjoyed. No continental breakfast, which I didn't realize when I booked (my mistake), so we were really disappointed and ended up spending $25 for 2 adults and one child to have the breakfast bar at the restaurant. Also, the hot tub wasn't functioning and the pool was really cold. The rooms were older, but clean. They had sleep number beds, which we found pretty uncomfortable. Would only consider staying here again if we received vouchers for breakfast.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"You get what you deserve."
First of all, I read the reviews and would not of stayed at this hotel however my brother had already booked a room for himself and my mother. Our room was clean, bed was fine, room had a smell that I could live with but made me very stuffy. My brothers room had no air conditioning, my mothers room was just plain awful. When leaving the hotel, I overheard numerous people making complaints at front desk. Moral of the story.... You get what you pay for.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Elyse
"Nice place to stay at a great price."
The hotel is well maintained, clean and the staff was kind and efficient.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Excellent in every way."
3rd time staying here. Room was very clean & comfortable, the staff was very friendly, courteous & helpful. fun bar, decent food. It's very nice to relax outside next to the river. Great location just off the expressway.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
peter
"Weekend in GR"
Exelent service.Very satisfied
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Saul
"Decent Stay."
Room was a little on the small side, but clean. Desk staff was very nice. Hotel restaurant/bar was convenient, but felt a bit dated. I'd stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Review for 1-night stay at Riverfront Hotel"
Room was clean, but needed some fixes. (Bathroom faucet was loose, tub/shower needed new caulk). Overall, a good value for the money, but maintenance seems to be an issue.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
"Grand Rapids for the Gazelle Girl Half Marathon"
A few miles from downtown so not really great access if you want to experience Grand Rapids. But very easy to get to with simple easy on and off the highway. Our room was clean with a lot of space, but our friends on the same floor had a much smaller room without a couch. The drawback for me, and may be a plus for some, was the "Sleep Number" bed. I was eager to try it out, but basically woke up with a back ache both mornings. Restaurant was good, we had the breakfast buffet which was a reasonable value at $9.99. Overall, a good place to stay as long as you are willing to drive to get to downtown.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
jim
"Broken awful bed"
It was horrible. The bed in my room (sleepnumber) was broken. The one side was deflated and the other side way too hard. The remote used to adjust the bed did not work. So I could not adjust either side therefore I only get a couple of hours of sleep at best. The pillows were way too firm as well. When I told the gentleman at the front desk the next morning about the bed situation - he gave me a puzzled look as though he did not believe me. I told he better go up to the room to check out that bed. He said he could not adjust my bill or give me any credit because my reservation was booked through Hotels.com. Horrible - I will not use Hotels.com anymore and I will not stay that hotel again.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"so-so"
Breakfast not included. Was charged $10 / person regardless of what I ate (juice and toast). Hotel was just OK. Was expecting nicer, the neighborhood was very Industrial. Nothing to walk to. Room was very tight, not a lot of space, no refrigerator, no microwave.
2 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"nice hotel"
Very clean and nice place. The people that work there was nice. Thev only thing I didn't like, was the bathroom was really small.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Pamela-Jean
"Nice hotel, quiet rooms next to the highway."
We visited GR for some family fun. We enjoyed our stay at the Riverfront. Close to downtown and yet quiet. Worth the price paid.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
"You get what you pay for..."
Good price for the area. I would classify this as a "get what you pay for" type situation. You want a cheap room or do you want a quality room, apparently, you can't have both. Loud hallways, no response from staff when complaining about people yelling up and down the hallways all night. We called the front desk to ask that they address the yelling. The staff member approached the yelling group and laughed about the fact that they were receiving complaints and did nothing about it. I'd gladly pay more for a responsive staff and quiet nights sleep and next time, I will.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
"Overnight stay."
It was okay. Quiet. Easy access to highway.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
"ultimate outdoor show"
Hotel was easy to get to. Lounge area was nice and the breakfast which we paid for was great. everything was hot.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"Don't check in late!"
My wife and I booked this hotel at least a month in advance and called them for a late check in. They said no problem. When we arrived for our check in, they admitted that they had given our room to someone else. They wanted to drive us 15 minutes south to a "sister hotel" in Wyoming. I think it's a Days Inn. By far, the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. I will not ever attempt to book another room at this unprofessional establishment. I recommend that you do not either!
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Pretty good with some reservation"
We would stay there again. It's a nice looking facility. They should definitely look into their electrical wiring practices in 317 though. the outlet behind between the beds and by the desk were loaded to the max with adaptors and were loose on the walls. Doesn't inspire confidence. Still overall we'd go back.....after looking over the electrical.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"good nights stay in grand rapids"
Good hotel for price.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
pablo
"would not stay again"
The beds were uncomfortable, there was mold all over the bathroom and the shuttle was full when we needed. On top of all that they were over booked and had no parking in the parking lot.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"KBS Weekend"
Checking in to the hotel was no problem, when we got to our room we noticed their weren't enough towels. We called the front desk and they said they would send some up, they never did, I had to go down in the morning to ask again, then we received them. The beds were the posturepedic adjustable ones. only one worked. the room was clean and the shower was hot. Not the best but not the worst.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Anthony
"Like staying in a college dorm room or frat."
There were several disappointing factors to our stay at the Riverfront Hotel. The whole hotel has an older feel to it, I sometimes wonder if the elevator will make it to the top. But what really went noticed during our stay were the small things. In the bathroom, the faucet was disconnected from the sink. Whenever the water was turned on or off it would move back, revealing the pipes. Also there were several aesthetic things missing such as caps on the bolts that hold the toilet in place. The real kicker is that the thermostat didn't work. We went to bed pretty late and did not want to bother the hotel staff. We had to bundle up for bed and huddle tight to keep warm. The walls are paper thin, and on the two occasions I've stayed there, there has been a rambunctious crowd that keeps me up at night.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Kyle
"Great hotel uncomfortable beds"
Great hotel beds were not comfy at all though.
2 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Ok hotel"
Not a good start to family vacation. In my opinion it was not kept up well. Did not a have a good feeling so we actually left. Maybe my standards are too high.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Decent, but not great."
I went with my family to Grand Rapids for a getaway weekend with my husband, father, and brother. It was the weekend before St. Patrick's Day and Grand Rapids was hosting Laugh Fest, so it was a very busy time. Regardless, we were not overly impressed with this hotel's accommodations. It took us 25 minutes to check into our rooms. Also, we were unable to find a parking spot, because the parking lot had not been plowed. We ended up parking on the curb in the snow. Our rooms were clean and at an appropriate temperature. There was some damage done to the walls in the bathroom that had not been fixed. I was a little disappointed that breakfast was not included, but the cost was reasonable for the quality of food. The service was not good. I asked for coffee three times throughout the meal, but never received it. Overall, the hotel gave us a nice place to rest for one night, but I would not recommend it for an extended, relaxing stay.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Average"
My stay was okay but could have been better. The hotel is located a little too far from the center of the city so you need a car or to take taxi/uber everywhere. The restaurant and room service were not very good at all and the food lacked flavor/freshness. Breakfast also took over 45 min. and there were only 3 tables full in the whole place. Also, I used the fitness center every morning but there was only one machine working. All of the fitness equipment was out of date.
3 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"A solid 'B' stay."
Location was perfect. Staff was amazing. It was difficult to get hot water, especially with the men's room shower in the pool area. Overall we had a great time, and it was easy to get to any tourist destination and back. I had a few times where I could have used a vending machine or store in the hotel that sold last minute necessities like toothbrushes or shower caps. All I was offered were locations to gas stations in the area. Not the most convenient.
3 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"Frozen and uncomfortable"
I got in late. My room was frozen. The heater unit didn't work. Took them 2 hours until 2am to move me to another room. I would never go back to that hotel or recommend it to anyone.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Bo
"Marginal at Best"
The business center was a computer without a keyboard, door room locks didnt work, restaurant was extremely limited This was a $60 room not $100, filling with sixteen year old kids on the weekends due to activity center nearby Not a good choice and much further from downtown than advertised
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Good Value"
Rooms are a little small and somewhat dated, but clean with a couple nice updates (Sleep Number beds). The heat/AC fan was pretty loud. Overall, the hotel is well-kept and service was pleasant. Not much in the neighborhood, but it is very convenient to the DeltaPlex (where I was attending an event). Don't expect the JW or Amway at this price point, but this is a very good value.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2015
We're not able to use the balcony or open the windows. Did not include breakfast. Charged a $50 room deposit which I have not been credited back yet.
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
"please read"
I specifically requested a river side view.What did I get? A view of the hotels machinery! Nothing more or less, so disappointing. I don't make but min wage. Don' t rent here if you have a choice.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
Kathi
"Grand Rapids Great Place."
Was not at the hotel much but it was a nice place to stay. It's loacation is not great but it takes only a few minutes to get a ride down town(Founders,HopCat). One suprise to me was they had sleep number beds so that was a bonus. Also the room had a empty mini fridge for our use. The only thing that was't super clean was a vent/fan in the shower.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015