All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
270 Ann Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Bad amenities
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Should have paid a bit more for better hotel!"
The hotel was okay. It seemed over priced for location and quality. The pool area was the big downfall. The hot tub was a bit dingy and the pool water and pool area were cold. We swam, but not for long due to the temperature. Sitting on deck in a long sleeve shirt and blue jeans, I was still cold. It was only a short drive to many big box stores and chain restaurants, but not within walking distance. Neighborhood was a bit sketchy and hotel is right off highway and near railroad tracks, but not excessively noisy. We happened to be there during a biker rally and they pretty much took over the whole hotel. Room was nice and bed was a sleep number, but it was a bit noisy. There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. Bathroom and shower were clean.
2 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
"Location was great!"
Very nice with a feeling of warmth. Justin at the front desk was extremely helpful and nice. I am a manager of 3 offices and would be pleased to have an employee like him. I felt that I should let you know as most times people don't.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2016
Loved the room but the sleep number beds didn't work.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Wendy
"I still would go back but look forward to improvem"
The restaurant staff, service and food was good. The location was central to everything downtown and surrounding parts. I liked the Sleep Number bed but the pillows have to go. They feel old and lumpy! Our keys did not always work. Had to get new ones once. The desk service reps need to be more friendly and apologetic wwhen something goes wrong. Coffee should be available always.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Run down!"
Didn't stay the night there. Room smelt like smoke so bad I couldn't breath. Second room had holes in the bed and stains all over the carpet
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Comfortable and convenient"
Attending a family college graduation. We have stayed at the Riverfront several times before and find it convenient for our needs. Good breakfast buffet, friendly staff, free parking, easy freeway access, less than 10 minutes from downtown.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Suzanne
"RUN!!!!!"
The bed was dirty, it had some kind of fresh oil stains on the bedspread. It was sleep number bed and did not work, it was literally as hard as concrete. The toilet didn't flush and ran all night. There was hot water for the first person to shower but ran out so the next person only had cold water. The wifi never worked, which made it impossible to conduct business. They changed our room. We still did not have adequate hot water. There was still no WIFI. And, the elevator made serious noise. Not the people riding it but he actual lifting mechanism which makes me question its safety.
3 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Not bad"
Everything was just okay. The power cord to our TV was missing when we got there. The front desk sent someone up right away to take care of this for us. I think it was overpriced for the location and amenities.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Janelle
"Nice property!"
Great location, great hotel for the price!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
We stayed at the hotel for a wedding in downtown Grand Rapids. Nothing special it's a old hotel and could use a little remodel, but it was one night and the price was a lot better than the prices downtown. Our Uber driver said he picks up more and more people at the hotel than he ever used to. Uber rides were cheap $11.00 round trip Staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Hope it gets better for my return."
I booked this hotels advertised amenities. Unfortunately one of the hotels advertised things (the hot tub) was out of service the night I was there.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2015
Sheila
"A little diversion from the chain hotels"
Just there one night for business.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
This is an old, tired hotel. Ordered breakfast which never showed. Why? Cause they didn't pick up the order from the hotel door. Disappointing!
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
Denise
"Nice place for the money"
Went for a wedding. Had a nice stay. Rooms a little out dated but very clean and good service. Restaurant very good food, and nice lounge. All in all very satisfied I would go back
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Kurt
"Needs maintenance help"
Front desk manager or attendant was not friendly. Of the two room we reserved, neither sleep number bed controls worked. One of the beds had a deflated bladder, so it was like sleeping on a half inflated air mattress. We requested maintenance to see if it could be fixed upon check-in and were told maintenance could come. Nothing was fixed and hotel did not follow up to offer a different room either. Fuse blew on our floor in morning so neither of our rooms had outlet available in bathroom for blow dryer and curling iron use.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
The hotel could use an overhaul, it hasn't changed in decades. A lot of band-aids fixing minor problems has amounted to some unpleasant outcomes over the years. Time to invest in actually renovating.
1 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
"Fulfilled my needs plus some pleasant surprises!"
Wanted an indoor heated pool within a short distance to downtown. Check and Check. Pleasant surprises: Free Comedy show on Sunday night in the lounge, free shuttle to downtown, and a Sleep Number bed.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Dori
"Art prize weekend"
The free shuttle service to downtown and back was great!
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
"Not good, but not horrible either"
I have 2 small requests for a hotel. 1. It is safe. 2. That the shower drain will actually drain at a decent rate. Requirement 1 was met, however requirement 2 certainly was not. When I was done with my really quick shower, the water was above my ankles. I informed the front desk about this, they said they would send someone to fix it. When I took my shower the next morning it appeared that it was not fixed. Also, the front desk called me by accident at 1am trying to reach a different guest. I understand this was an accident, but it was very annoying.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Jack
Nice for the price. Will stay again when in Grand Rapids, MI.
3 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
We stqayed for only one night. Room was comfortable, only issue was the pillows...very uncomfortable. The room had a sleep number bed which was real comfortable, but the pillows...not good.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"Good place to stay, great price."
We only stayed one night. The hotel is very nice for it's age. It's well kept up. Easy parking. Pool and hot-tub are very nice. Rooms are clean, but dated. We'd definitely stay again! If you're looking for a great 'hotel experience', this is not the place to go. But nice quiet clean rooms with some basic amenities, it is.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"Hotels.Bomb!"
The web site said it was a Radisson property. It changed 5 years ago and you can tell. Female traveling alone did not feel safe at all. Food was terrible, room very very old. Bed did not work, TV local channels no cable but Wi Fi. Gadt to ask for a credit and was stuck staying there because all the hotels were booked. Called Hotels .com upon arriving and they Did Not help either. I travel every week for work, I would Never recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Teri
"Pet Friendly Hotel"
The best part of my stay at the hotel was that it was pet friendly.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Johanna
"Comfortable room"
Stayed overnight to attend a GVSU game. Room was comfortable and clean. Had previously stayed before for a wedding and was pleased. Will stay again.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
"Avoid this hotel!"
Awful. WiFi didn't work, bed was uncomfortable and was broken/didn't inflate properly, the heater was broken leaving the room completely cold. Even in the morning after having no sleep the coffee pot was broken and only the decaf was working. I will not be staying at the Riverfront when traveling again!
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"I'd stay again"
A friend and I stayed for a night for ArtPrize and the Avett Brothers concert. This is an older hotel and, well, it has the feel of an older hotel - pretty much what I expected. If high class elegance is what you're looking for I'd suggest paying for one the hotels in the middle of all the action downtown. In saying that, I don't have a negative thing to say about our stay. The hotel was clean, has a nice lobby area, the restaurant was good, the lounge was fun (had a killer band the night we stayed), and I thought the service was great. Everyone was very nice and helpful especially the shuttle driver who went out of her way to accommodate us concert goers. I'll definitely stay again the next time I'm in Grand Rapids.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Brenna
"Two Remote Controls"
I had no idea I had a sleep number bed until it dawned on me that the remote control wasn't for the tv. Would stay there again in GRR.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
"average"
Waited quite awhile to check in. We waited 50 minutes for breakfast to be served. They only had one waitress. Hotel decor outdated.
2 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Carolyn
We came to GR for ArtPrize I would have preferred to stay downtown but this hotel was a little further away, offered a free shuttle downtown and was half the price so I couldn't beat it. The hotel itself was fine, nothing to write home about. Rooms were clean and spacious. When we checked in the first room they gave us we walked in and had not been cleaned yet, the staff was friendly and quick to switch our room to one that was ready for us. The first night there we were woken up several times by other guests coming down the halls yelling and being loud at all hours of the night, which could happen at any hotel, we did not have this issue the second night.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Quick stop in Grand Rapids"
The room smelled a little like urine. Shower and bed were great though. It was sufficient room for the price.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Anthony
"Not the best, not the worst"
When we go to a hotel, me and my fiance have a tradition. We take off our shoes and run and jump onto the bed. But these beds were not what we expected. When we landed, it was like running into a wall. The bed was hard as rocks so we didn't get to sleep. And after a long day Saturday, we went back to the hotel to relax. Which wasn't easy with a live bad performing in the bar. We were on the 6th floor and felt like the band was right outside our window. Then the service. Not a lot of.bad things to say. The ladies were very nice. There was a gentleman who worked the front desk when we were leaving. We stood at the desk for almost 20 minutes and he didn't even acknowledge us. Then a lady came up to the desk and got us all checked out. Overall, the atay wasn't terrible, but the beds were. If I come back to Grand Rapids, i will prpbably look for a different hotel to stay at.
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Kadi
"confusing billing operation"
ended up paying an extra 75 dollars due to confusing billing pertaining to pets and never did receive a receipt for our stay.Also the seat on the commode was busted and the bathroom had no type of exhaust venting.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Nice staff"
The staff was very gracious to let me change rooms after I checked in because my son wanted to view the river. After changing rooms they were very quick to send a maintenance person to my room to help me with the thermostat. Everyone was very helpful and kind
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
"Will not recommend"
Lots to be improved here...key didn't work, music blasting outside until 11pm, no blanket for sleeper sofa, shower was chilly, phone didn't work, employees not helpful nor friendly. Hallway smelled like they use lots of spray to cover up the pool smell, but were unsuccessful.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Sue
Lind waiting time to get simple things done, like check out. Could not turn the air conditioning/fan off. Did not like that.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Shouldn't have stayed here"
The conference I'm in town for is at a hotel that doesn't allow dogs and this was the next closest (although its kinda far from downtown where the conference was). It took me an hour to get into my room because they kept sending me to a room on the top floor in the slowest elevator possible with a key that didn't work. The third time they said if the key doesn't work this time, just call us. So I did, but no one came. So I finally went back down and they switched my room. Fine, they were nice and apologetic about it at least so I didn't make a stink. Then today I get back from a walk with my pooch and my key doesn't work. I went to tell the front desk and they called the manager who informed me that my dog had been barking in my absence. "Why didn't you call me?" I asked, as I had already been here for 3 days. Apparently he was "just about to" -- Then he said their policy is only to allow dogs when the owner is present in the room. Which is ridiculous but I am cool so I just said ok. THEN he asked if I was going to leave again, and I said yeah for dinner but I will just bring the dog in the car. And then for no reason at all he THREATENED that if I left the dog in the room without me he would call the POLICE and have him taken. I just said ok again... I am 7 months pregnant and had just come back to take a break from the conference, take my dog out, and relax with a bath. Instead I get treated like a criminal trying to trick them!
3 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
nena
"Decent, but not amazing"
Needed a place for a romantic weekend. Riverfront hotel with a view sounded great. The room was OK, but the view was "meh". Can't really say anything bad about the place, but it's a little over priced for what you get for the weekend rate.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2015
Jeremy
"Pleasant surprise."
We were pleasantly surprised after reading negative reviews. The bed and linens were just right for comfort and coziness. The bath clean with plenty of linens. Ample closet space. The lobby is lovely. Drank a beer in the lounge. We were in town for Art Prize and would stay again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
Cheryl
"Bad housekeeping"
The people at the front desk were friendly and the room was clean. On the first morning of our stay, a package of uneaten nuts from the bedside table was missing, and we also did not get a clean bath mat. The concierge did give us free breakfast for the issue with the nuts. In the kitchen, the waitress was great but the table and my mug were wet/sticky. There was supposed to be a shuttle downtown for Art Prize, but they literally did not stop at the front door to give anyone waiting a chance to come out and get on, they just drove right by.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Exceeded expectations"
Exceeded expectations. Very clean. Easy to get to and from downtown GR. Fine breakfast buffet at reasonable price. Only 2 drawbacks --- right next to an expressway-- I solved that by turning on the fan which masked the expressway noise. Also, carpeting in my room could be in better condition. Overall, I was happy with the experience and the price was great, especially since it was during ArtPrize.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
"Riverview room, rooftop and a dilapidated building"
Mild CPU prob at the desk led to room 403. Overwhelmed with urine smell, hair woven into towels in bathroom, stains on linens, towels, counter tops, half rate a/c, horrible view($extra$), tub clogged, exhaust fan inoperable, noisy between walls and floors. 3 miles from anywhere you wpuld want to be. Spend extra, stay downtown.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
"This downtown hotel that is right for the price!"
This is an older property on a busy corner. Other than that it was the only reasonably priced option compared to other downtown hotels 3 minutes away that were booked and cost twice the price. It was quiet, clean, the staff were courteous and attentive to my requests. They have a shuttle service to take you where ever you wished to go. The restaurant has a superb menu,great service is and nicely appointed.The large enclosed pool is warm and the spa tub is hot. The bed is soft and comfortable and the room is up-dated,is well furnished with the normal amenities, clean and quiet.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Wish there had been curtsey airport service
1 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
Jacqueline
The staff is very professional, patient and cooperative. Quality customer service! I was in a strange place by myself and the staff made me feel very comfortable with their professionalism, knowledge of the area and events. I worked the Hispanic Center of Western Michigan presented by AT&T festival on September 12 and 13, 2015 at the Calder Plaza, Grand Rapids, MI. I was able to park my car and ride the hotel shuttle to and from the event.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
Wray-Norman
"Meh...it will do for now."
From the pictures it looked pretty nice, but it was just meh. Just ok
2 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Staff was grumpy about working in the bar and dining room. Food was terrible. Buffet did not open on time like they stated.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"Trip"
Room was nice and they had a shuttle bus to downtown and a return. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Fred
"Good Stay"
My friends and I staid here to my bachelorette party and had a blast. The shuttle service was nice so we only had to pay for a taxi back to the hotel (shuttle only runs until 11pm). The pool and hot tube were clean and spacious, and the restaurant was very lovely with a view of the river.
2 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2015
Jeanette
"Good hotel in Grand Rapids, MI"
The staff were all very gracious, all very friendly, and offered assistance, no matter whether it was their area of expertise. If they did not know the answer, they were diligent in searching for the correct answer. Great staff! The housekeeping staff member I encountered said she really enjoyed her job, and loves to clean!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015