All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
    Bad amenities
"Good night's stay"
The bed didn't work properly, but overall a good night's stay.
Romance trip Apr 16, 2016
Christopher
"Excellent service but hotel needs updating."
The carpet was not vacuumed and the furniture was dirty and needs to be replaced. Even in the hotel lobby the couch was very worn. The staff in all the areas were extremely friendly, hospitable, and professional.
2 night trip with friends Apr 8, 2016
Rooms were outdated. Paint all over. Even on toliet paper. Toliet leaked all over floor soaked my daughters clothes. Pool was so cold. Rooms needed to be vaccuumed. On the up side the staff was very nice.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2016
Jamin
"Highly Not recommended"
Dirty wash cloth in shower when we arrived, NO wifi service and limited tv stations. Wall paper peeling off the walls and unable to turn off the terrible moldy musty smelling blower in heater which kept me up all night clanking. Lots of mold in the shower! Battle to get a refund from hotels.com but did finally refund $$ plus allowed me to check out early with no penalty. YUK.... My kids would not get in the shower-- too dirty!
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2016
Lora
outlet in bathroom did not work, sleep number beds did not work, no picked up my order for room service.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2016
"MHA Keystone HAI Conference"
Spent the night for business meeting; staff were quite friendly - good stay. Front desk mentioned we would get a receipt from xpedia for our stay on credit card....2-days later, have not received that yet.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2016
Debra
"Dirty"
The room was dirty. The sheets were dirty. And after we checked in, we went up to our room. The staff gave another couple the keys to our same room. It is close to downtown, but save your money. For the cost of the room, it was definitely NOT worth it!
1 night romance trip Mar 18, 2016
"Nice stay for the price."
The personnel were wonderful!
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2016
Nathaniel
"rap battle in a hotel?"
it was alright. nothing exciting. there had a rap battle the day of our stay. it was interesting to say the least.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2016
Staff was friendly. Restaurant on site was good and the lounge was entertaining.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2016
Dennis
"Riverfront"
Stay was good..only complaint is that it took quite a few days for them to return my $50 deposit.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2016
david
I enjoyed my stay although I went two weekends in a row and was dissapointed in the return of the deposit. It took almost two weeks to get the deposits back..
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2016
Marie
"dont do it"
Pool & hottub are gross, i have pictures. Room was OKAY. not worth $100+
1 night trip Mar 6, 2016
Angela
Not much to look at from the outside, but the hotel is clean and the room we stayed in was updated. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The only criticism was that the hot tub was only luke- warm
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2016
"Convenient, clean and cheap for a place to crash"
My stay was good, it served it's purpose. I needed a cheap hotel close to Devos Place for a work function and that's exactly what I got. Check in was easy, the staff was very friendly. My room was clean and included a microwave and fridge which I liked since I bought snacks/drinks from a convenience store down the street. Shower Water was hot, the neighborhood was safe and I was 3 miles from downtown in a snowstorm which was very helpful. They have a restaurant and bar attached which was convenient and decent as well, we had drinks at the bar. The halls and decor of the hotel were older/run down. The elevator wasn't working Thursday morning but it was fixed by the time I got back that evening. My bed was a sleep number that didn't seem to work right and was uncomfortable. I'm guessing it was old. I wasn't looking for a place to hang out at all day, just a nice place to sleep at night and that's exactly what I got.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2016
Jenilee
"stay at riverfront hotel"
staff was very nice. hotel room was too cold even with heat cranked up. pool was closed which was very disappointing to the kids. room was clean.
2 night business trip Feb 12, 2016
"Issues"
There were some issues we had with the facilities but the staff was understanding and gave us a voucher to come back for a night. Wifi did not work and a bed didn't work. Pool and hot tub unavailable. They were trying to fix it, but not working while we stayed there.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2016
Kenneth
"Should have paid a bit more for better hotel!"
The hotel was okay. It seemed over priced for location and quality. The pool area was the big downfall. The hot tub was a bit dingy and the pool water and pool area were cold. We swam, but not for long due to the temperature. Sitting on deck in a long sleeve shirt and blue jeans, I was still cold. It was only a short drive to many big box stores and chain restaurants, but not within walking distance. Neighborhood was a bit sketchy and hotel is right off highway and near railroad tracks, but not excessively noisy. We happened to be there during a biker rally and they pretty much took over the whole hotel. Room was nice and bed was a sleep number, but it was a bit noisy. There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. Bathroom and shower were clean.
2 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
"Location was great!"
Very nice with a feeling of warmth. Justin at the front desk was extremely helpful and nice. I am a manager of 3 offices and would be pleased to have an employee like him. I felt that I should let you know as most times people don't.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2016
Loved the room but the sleep number beds didn't work.
1 night family trip Jan 15, 2016
Wendy
Our week stay at Riverfront was nice. When we arrived to the hotel we were greeted with friendly staff and checked in within minutes. When we arrived to our room it did smell of cigarette smoke, we contacted the front desk and we were immediately changed to another room which was great. Our new room was clean and had a fresh scent to it, we were very happy. When we would come and go the front desk always greeted us and even gave us Chocolates on Christmas. Our room was cleaned everyday which was nice and the hotel was surprisingly quiet with it being so close to the freeway. This hotel may not be fancy or updated with new furnishings, but I can say our stay was pleasant and staff was very kind and helpful.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
"I still would go back but look forward to improvem"
The restaurant staff, service and food was good. The location was central to everything downtown and surrounding parts. I liked the Sleep Number bed but the pillows have to go. They feel old and lumpy! Our keys did not always work. Had to get new ones once. The desk service reps need to be more friendly and apologetic wwhen something goes wrong. Coffee should be available always.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Run down!"
Didn't stay the night there. Room smelt like smoke so bad I couldn't breath. Second room had holes in the bed and stains all over the carpet
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
"Comfortable and convenient"
Attending a family college graduation. We have stayed at the Riverfront several times before and find it convenient for our needs. Good breakfast buffet, friendly staff, free parking, easy freeway access, less than 10 minutes from downtown.
Response by Riverfront Hotel, Grand Rapids
Dear Suzanne Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. It is always a pleasure to read that we were able to meet or exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to seeing you among our returning guests.
Family trip Dec 15, 2015
Suzanne
"RUN!!!!!"
The bed was dirty, it had some kind of fresh oil stains on the bedspread. It was sleep number bed and did not work, it was literally as hard as concrete. The toilet didn't flush and ran all night. There was hot water for the first person to shower but ran out so the next person only had cold water. The wifi never worked, which made it impossible to conduct business. They changed our room. We still did not have adequate hot water. There was still no WIFI. And, the elevator made serious noise. Not the people riding it but he actual lifting mechanism which makes me question its safety.
3 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Not bad"
Everything was just okay. The power cord to our TV was missing when we got there. The front desk sent someone up right away to take care of this for us. I think it was overpriced for the location and amenities.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Janelle
"Nice property!"
Great location, great hotel for the price!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Scared at check in"
My son and I parked to go check in. A lady came knocking real loud on my window. Good thing they were rolled up and the doors locked. She scared the day lights out of us. Yelling she and her children were having an emergency, can I help. I backed up and pulled to the entrance. I waited then went in. I was very very upset. A man asked what happened, he went out right away. Never heard another word from anyone there at all. He did apologize. And said he got her out of there. We were afraid to leave the whole night. Finally, we had to, we drove 300 miles, We were hungry. The beds were horrible. The sleep number machine on mine was loud and the buttons were almost not operable. I thought it was broke. But my one pillow was great !!!
Other trip Nov 20, 2015
We stayed at the hotel for a wedding in downtown Grand Rapids. Nothing special it's a old hotel and could use a little remodel, but it was one night and the price was a lot better than the prices downtown. Our Uber driver said he picks up more and more people at the hotel than he ever used to. Uber rides were cheap $11.00 round trip Staff was very friendly.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Hope it gets better for my return."
I booked this hotels advertised amenities. Unfortunately one of the hotels advertised things (the hot tub) was out of service the night I was there.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2015
Sheila
"A little diversion from the chain hotels"
Just there one night for business.
Response by Riverfront Hotel, Grand Rapids
Dear Guests, Thank you for taking the time to rank you stay here at the Riverfront. We look foward to seeing you again.
Business trip Nov 11, 2015
This is an old, tired hotel. Ordered breakfast which never showed. Why? Cause they didn't pick up the order from the hotel door. Disappointing!
1 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2015
Denise
"Nice place for the money"
Went for a wedding. Had a nice stay. Rooms a little out dated but very clean and good service. Restaurant very good food, and nice lounge. All in all very satisfied I would go back
1 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
Kurt
"Needs maintenance help"
Front desk manager or attendant was not friendly. Of the two room we reserved, neither sleep number bed controls worked. One of the beds had a deflated bladder, so it was like sleeping on a half inflated air mattress. We requested maintenance to see if it could be fixed upon check-in and were told maintenance could come. Nothing was fixed and hotel did not follow up to offer a different room either. Fuse blew on our floor in morning so neither of our rooms had outlet available in bathroom for blow dryer and curling iron use.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
The hotel could use an overhaul, it hasn't changed in decades. A lot of band-aids fixing minor problems has amounted to some unpleasant outcomes over the years. Time to invest in actually renovating.
1 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2015
"Fulfilled my needs plus some pleasant surprises!"
Wanted an indoor heated pool within a short distance to downtown. Check and Check. Pleasant surprises: Free Comedy show on Sunday night in the lounge, free shuttle to downtown, and a Sleep Number bed.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Dori
"Art prize weekend"
The free shuttle service to downtown and back was great!
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
"Not good, but not horrible either"
I have 2 small requests for a hotel. 1. It is safe. 2. That the shower drain will actually drain at a decent rate. Requirement 1 was met, however requirement 2 certainly was not. When I was done with my really quick shower, the water was above my ankles. I informed the front desk about this, they said they would send someone to fix it. When I took my shower the next morning it appeared that it was not fixed. Also, the front desk called me by accident at 1am trying to reach a different guest. I understand this was an accident, but it was very annoying.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2015
Jack
Nice for the price. Will stay again when in Grand Rapids, MI.
3 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
We stqayed for only one night. Room was comfortable, only issue was the pillows...very uncomfortable. The room had a sleep number bed which was real comfortable, but the pillows...not good.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2015
"Good place to stay, great price."
We only stayed one night. The hotel is very nice for it's age. It's well kept up. Easy parking. Pool and hot-tub are very nice. Rooms are clean, but dated. We'd definitely stay again! If you're looking for a great 'hotel experience', this is not the place to go. But nice quiet clean rooms with some basic amenities, it is.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
"Hotels.Bomb!"
The web site said it was a Radisson property. It changed 5 years ago and you can tell. Female traveling alone did not feel safe at all. Food was terrible, room very very old. Bed did not work, TV local channels no cable but Wi Fi. Gadt to ask for a credit and was stuck staying there because all the hotels were booked. Called Hotels .com upon arriving and they Did Not help either. I travel every week for work, I would Never recommend this hotel to anyone.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Teri
"Pet Friendly Hotel"
The best part of my stay at the hotel was that it was pet friendly.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2015
Johanna
"Comfortable room"
Stayed overnight to attend a GVSU game. Room was comfortable and clean. Had previously stayed before for a wedding and was pleased. Will stay again.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
"Avoid this hotel!"
Awful. WiFi didn't work, bed was uncomfortable and was broken/didn't inflate properly, the heater was broken leaving the room completely cold. Even in the morning after having no sleep the coffee pot was broken and only the decaf was working. I will not be staying at the Riverfront when traveling again!
3 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"I'd stay again"
A friend and I stayed for a night for ArtPrize and the Avett Brothers concert. This is an older hotel and, well, it has the feel of an older hotel - pretty much what I expected. If high class elegance is what you're looking for I'd suggest paying for one the hotels in the middle of all the action downtown. In saying that, I don't have a negative thing to say about our stay. The hotel was clean, has a nice lobby area, the restaurant was good, the lounge was fun (had a killer band the night we stayed), and I thought the service was great. Everyone was very nice and helpful especially the shuttle driver who went out of her way to accommodate us concert goers. I'll definitely stay again the next time I'm in Grand Rapids.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Brenna
"Two Remote Controls"
I had no idea I had a sleep number bed until it dawned on me that the remote control wasn't for the tv. Would stay there again in GRR.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2015
"average"
Waited quite awhile to check in. We waited 50 minutes for breakfast to be served. They only had one waitress. Hotel decor outdated.
2 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2015
Carolyn
We came to GR for ArtPrize I would have preferred to stay downtown but this hotel was a little further away, offered a free shuttle downtown and was half the price so I couldn't beat it. The hotel itself was fine, nothing to write home about. Rooms were clean and spacious. When we checked in the first room they gave us we walked in and had not been cleaned yet, the staff was friendly and quick to switch our room to one that was ready for us. The first night there we were woken up several times by other guests coming down the halls yelling and being loud at all hours of the night, which could happen at any hotel, we did not have this issue the second night.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Quick stop in Grand Rapids"
The room smelled a little like urine. Shower and bed were great though. It was sufficient room for the price.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015