All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
270 Ann Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Would not have paid a penny more."
Went to spend the night in Grand Rapids to hit up a couple of breweries. Pleased to hear they had a shuttle, disappointed it ran only every two hours. Room stunk like mildew. Bed was hard and the sleep number controller did not work. Pool had a dirty band aid floating around - YUCK. The pool area was otherwise acceptable. The whole place needs to be renovated - run down. They had Wolfgang Puck coffee. It was the best thing about the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Kathryn
"Not the best"
A few issues --Very hard bed --Very old fruit served at the restaurant breakfast. Breakfast food poor quality. Service slow. --very loud mechanical noise in the room. Had to put the fan on to drown it out.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"One night stay"
River front outside area wasnt quite as nice as the pictures, the area at the time was filled with parked cars and a couple tables and chairs. No outside dining. A little outdated. The room was typical and clean, nothing fancy. The staff were all super nice and helpful.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2015
"Family Trip"
The king bedroom with fold-out couch was more than enough space for my family. The pool area was clean and was easily the best part of the hotel experience. The only negative was we could hear talking in the adjacent room.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Great rate, comfortable room"
The Riverfront Hotel is great! This was our second time staying and I would stay here again. The rate is reasonable and it's clean and comfortable. It's just a little north of downtown, so if you're looking to walk to the downtown sites, this isn't the place for you. Otherwise, it's a great place. The only complaint I have is that the parking spots are rather narrow (with the carelessness that some people have for their own cars or the cars of others, I prefer to have more space between me and them, but it worked out and my car didn't get banged up. Still it would be nice if the spots were a standard size).
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Carla
"I would stay here again!"
It was great a gal named Kiz was a great help when we asked her any info!
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Riverfront Hotel Pleasant Stay"
My friend and I rode to Grand Rapids and stayed at your Hotel at the recommendation of a person at the American Legion Post 459 downtown. She said your price would be reasonable. And it was. We were in Grand Rapids for the "Michigan American Legion State Legacy Ride". We told others of our stay and they also got rooms there. Liz at the counter was quite helpful in telling us about the Shuttle Service; where we could park our motorcycles under cover; gave us directions to one of the American Legion Posts we were going to travel to. The only disappointment I had was that there was no "free" continental breakfast, like many other Hotels provide for their guests. That notwithstanding, we had a very pleasant stay.
1 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Michael J.
"A non-repeater"
Our room smelled like chlorine. The carpets were quite dirty. The TV picture was very fuzzy. The entry & lobby were very run down. Thank heavens the beds were clean & comfortable.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Gail
For what you pay, not a bad hotel. Ideal location close to downtown. Very pleased. Would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Nathaniel
"Fine stay"
Had one minor issue that was taken care of immediately. Very nice.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Dale
"Great hotel discovery"
My stay was very comfortable. Price was right. Staff was helpful giving me tips on avoiding traffic. Hotel was nice. Didn't have time to check the pool or restaurant, but they looked nice. Would like to walk along the river too. Maybe next time. I felt very safe. Only problem was the Sleep Number bed remote didn't work (batteries). Access was right off the 131 ramp. Very convenient. But the ramp back to 131 was under construction so I was directed to another ramp a couple of blocks away. Downtown was only a couple of miles away. I would stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2015
Elaine
"Had a great night."
We decided on a last minute staycation for our anniversary and loved the hotel and staff. We will probably come back next year or the next time we want a local hotel room.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Good stay. Clean and comfortable."
Nice place. Great front desk. Room clean and comfortable. Another nearby room had a yapping dog for about ten minutes. Pets are allowed. Front desk offered to call them about it. Nice pool and hot tub.
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Eh, it was so so."
Ice machine was broken, which was a little annoying cause we bought ice cream from the store and planned on putting what we didn't finish eating in the bucket with ice but ended up just wasting the rest since we didn't check the machine before buying the ice cream so I guess it's our own fault as well. I wish there was a fridge or fridge/freezer combo in the room to keep drinks cold. It wasn't horrible though and I'm not easily bothered, so it might have really bugged someone else maybe. It was overall and decent experience and definitely was not the worst hotel experience I've had. :)
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
"Terrible and overpriced!!!!"
Pool was cold beds were terrible TV had stac on the screen of every channel video game room took $6 dollars without a play When we spoke to the front desk they said that the area was run by a separate company and there is nothing they could do Overal. Everything about this hotel is poor
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Diana
"Disappointed in Trivago"
This hotel is not 3 star quality. Our room was not attended to by maid service so we had to call the front desk twice for fresh towels. We did not have a do not disturb sign in the room at all so that was not the problem. The bathroom could have been cleaner. Hair and dust.
2 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
"Satisfied"
It was a bit noisy in the halls being the first room off the elevator .. Other then that we enjoyed our stay and breakfast buffet was really nice !
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Mary E
"Just ok"
Very noisy in the morning, was unable to get much sleep. Could hear everything going on in the hallway, especially children running up and down the hall.
1 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Devin
"ok-a little pricy"
Sleep number bed was ok, better than other's. A little pricy for the view of pipes and walls but the kids liked the pool.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Great!"
Great place and amazing pool!
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Jamie
"Under-rated hotel"
Very friendly staff, hotel room great. Mo the chef gave us a treat for our evening meal. And again at lunch time next day. We wish we had found this hotel earlier rather the big chain we stayed in downtown.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
"good for a night in the area"
Air didn't work very well and no refrigerator. Decent location (close to downtown). Staff was very friendly.
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Brandon
"I would stay again"
Not a bad place. Very friendly staff.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Erika
"Not a great hotel but affordable"
Not the best hotel but affordable. The negatives: there was a wedding party on the floor I stayed on. Not the hotels fault but the guests were noisy. The hotel staff could have asked them to be courteous to other guests but never did. I also received a phone call to my room at 7am asking if my smoke alarm was going off. It wasn't but at that point I was awaken then concerned wondering if it was someone else's smoke alarm which concerned me. I requested breakfast at 9am but didn't get it until 9:45. :/ I went to just have a quiet night and do some shopping in Grand Rapids. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Also, the hotel is not located to walking distance of anything. Probably won't be staying there again. However, if you need an affordable place to sleep, I guess this hotel is okay.
1 night trip May 29, 2015
"Riverfront Hotel - Good value"
The hotel is just a little older, nothing fancy. But it was well-priced, staff was nice and they have a shuttle to take you to downtown. Breakfast buffet was decent and well-priced. Well-attended comedy show on Sunday nights. Some rooms with fridge and microwave. Overall, nice hotel and location for the money.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
SCOTT
"Okay place but don't think we'll be back"
There was nothing spectacular about this place -- it was adequate as we only stayed there and was out and about during the day. Nobody was in the restaurant anytime we looked. The pool was cold and the hot tub was over cholerinated and dirty. The rooms were okay - apparently the beds were sleep number beds but we found it very difficult to operate the control and couldn't tell the difference. It was an okay place but for the price, it wasn't worth the money.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Pat
"A Good Experience"
We had a city King room, the last room available. Though we had to take the stairs with our luggage from the ground floor to the fifth, with my wife having trouble walking, the elevator was fixed the same day. Everything else was excellent: Nice clean room and bathroom, comfortable King bed, attentive friendly service, easy free parking, convenient location, and the most impressive was the free shuttle service (on the hour) to downtown Grand Rapids. This is especially desirous when there is no convenient, inexpensive place to park downtown on a busy weekend. You call the hotel when you want to be picked up and they come and get you. Now that's service!
Other trip May 24, 2015
ggg
"good"
we were in town for a family wedding, no complaints about the Riverfront Hotel
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Overnight Business"
OK hotel for a quick overnight business stay. Staff at breakfast were friendly but behind.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Zack
"Worse customer service I have ever experienced."
Don't waste your time going to the bar/lounge area. Customer service worst I have ever experienced. The manager Jamie argumentative over one horrible tasting drink. Went to the Elbow Room bar to finish a great night with friends.
1 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"Clean on a budget"
Comfort Select bed was the highlight of my two night stay. Loved that bed! The rest of the room was clean, roomy, but in need of minor maintenence such as fixing peeling wallpaper and regrouting in bathroom. Two bothersome things: the bed blocked the outlets so we had to plug in phones across the room and there was no fan in the bathroom so taking showers made it steamy for a long time. Staff at the hotel and on-site restaurant were very nice. I had to call down for a towel the second morning because the cleaning staff didn't replace one and they brought it up within five minutes. Very prompt. Food at the restaurant was merely OK for the price. They did have coffee in the room and in the morning near the lobby for guests but I would have liked a small breakfast selection included even if it was just cold items like fruit or muffins. I like to have something to grab before I run to the conference. I didn't want to have to sit and wait for food in the restaurant.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Wouldn't stay again"
Staff was very nice. Room was ok but bathroom was pretty dirty. The hotel was old and had a mold, wet smell.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
theresa
"All was well"
All was well - clean, comfortable, easy to access, etc. While it didn't affect the stay, the hotel condition and especially decorating appears very outdated. New hallway carpeting and interior maintenance of elevator cab would improve this dramatically.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
robert
Nothing special, but nothing bad either. Fine stay for a short duration. Enjoyed the sleep number bed, once we realized how to work it! The hotel had karaoke going on in the restaurant, although we didn't participate. Staff was friendly and accommodating. No complaints here!
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Just OK Rapids"
Hotel staff was very courteous, nice, and helpful. The hotel is located close to downtown which is a plus, but nothing pleasant within walking distance from hotel. Exterior of hotel looks old and not much to look at. Inside of hotel a bit better, but can use a little updating....especially the bathrooms in the rooms. Overall, the stay was not decent. We only needed a room for sleeping and this hotel worked out fine. On site restaurant and bar a big plus. Did not take advantage of pool nor did I see it so I can't comment on that.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
JORGE
"Satisfied Customer"
We were in Grand Rapids for jury duty. The hotel was very close to downtown which was nice. The room was very clean. Plenty of space. Very nice king size bed which we loved. The ladies at front desk were very nice. Only complaint was the trash cans in the room were very small.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Alice
"family time"
Overnight stay.. beds were number beds. Mine didn't work. Other bed was ok. Rooms need update. Front desk was nice. Needs new carpet.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Deborah
"Riverfront Review."
I was not happy with the fitness center. It was hot. It should have had air. The machines were old. 2 machines didn't work correctly. No free breakfast. You had to buy it in there restaurant. For the price I paid, I expected more.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Dawn
"Our stay"
We enjoyed our stay, and lived the shuttle services.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Great staff, disappointing renovations"
Staff was very friendly, positive and accommodating to our needs. Halls and elevators needed new carpeting and were smelly, renovation was mediocre. Personally, I'm not a fan of air number beds. I would only return if there were no other options.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Since you asked..."
Not a deal breaker, but I couldn't receive the local NBC affiliate on my TV, yet 2 channels were programmed to receive the local ABC affiliate. Also, I prefer down pillows vs. the foam pillows provided...just couldn't get comfortable.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Our stay"
The rooms were nice, but the overall hotel left more to be desired. We took advantage of the pool and hot tab, which we enjoyed them. They also had a sauna, but it wasn't in use. Overall, the hotel served it's purpose, but next time we'll pay a little more money for better accommodations.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Never Staying There Again"
Awful custom service.
1 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2015
"Decent hotel at a fair price."
No better, no worse than Hampton inn or Holiday inn express. Hotel restaurant was good.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Will Return"
Very nice room, great food.
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Riverfront Hotel"
The hotel is very dated, but the rooms were clean and I had no problems otherwise.
1 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"tupil time"
Beds were uncomfortable and not working properly (sleep number), staff friendly and helpful. Food was ok overpriced and small selection, sunday comedy night was well worth the stay
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"happy concert goer"
Went with friends to a concert and needed to stay overnight. No complaints about the hotel.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Erica
"Older, clean, ok stay"
Staff was friendly, restaurant food was super yummy and they had a great band playing in the lounge during our late dinner, which we really enjoyed. No continental breakfast, which I didn't realize when I booked (my mistake), so we were really disappointed and ended up spending $25 for 2 adults and one child to have the breakfast bar at the restaurant. Also, the hot tub wasn't functioning and the pool was really cold. The rooms were older, but clean. They had sleep number beds, which we found pretty uncomfortable. Would only consider staying here again if we received vouchers for breakfast.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"You get what you deserve."
First of all, I read the reviews and would not of stayed at this hotel however my brother had already booked a room for himself and my mother. Our room was clean, bed was fine, room had a smell that I could live with but made me very stuffy. My brothers room had no air conditioning, my mothers room was just plain awful. When leaving the hotel, I overheard numerous people making complaints at front desk. Moral of the story.... You get what you pay for.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015