All hotels in Duluth, Minnesota, United States of America

• Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
"Close to canal park"
Liked the indoor parking Would like continental breakfast for the price you pay for a night
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Great kiddy pool area for the kids. Elevators were very busy so the wait took a bit, but that was understandable. Location of hotel was strange with a parking garage in the back of the hotel and a mall in the front. It was difficult to find a place to get outside. The staff was friendly and our room was very clean.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
JESSIA
For one night, this was fine. But for the amount we paid, a number of things could have been better: the bathtub was dirty, we found a hair in the bedding, elevators were interminably slow, the pack-n-play we ordered was not in the room when we arrived with a tired toddler (despite assurances from the front desk at check-in that it would be there), and the sitting room TV didn't work. Families with young children sensitive to noise might ask to be placed somewhere besides the atrium overlooking the adult pool as the noise carried quite a bit and went on late into the evening. To be fair, the crib arrived quickly after a call to the front desk and the TV turned out to just not be plugged in (the cord and plug were hidden behind heavy furniture, however, so just kind of a pain. We didn't notice the dirty tub til the morning of checkout, at which point there seemed no point in complaining. (We skipped showers...) On the plus side, we were pleasantly surprised that our room was a suite, we enjoyed the separate kid-friendly pool, the free parking, and the convenient location.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
SE
"An Uncle's visit"
I was in to visit my brother and his kids. I had great time and the hotel was in a convenient location. Not far from Canal Park.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Clarence
"Good for overnight, walkable to Canal Park"
Nothing wrong with place, nothing particularly special about it either. A bit overpriced, but that's the same for every hotel in Duluth. Friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Not worth the price!"
This hotel was no better than one that would cost half the price! Really disappointed for what we paid.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Nice Stay"
Our room was clean and comfortable. The kids liked the pool. Parking was fairly easy. Nice staff.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"A good place to stay on a business trip to Duluth."
The staff were very helpful for the most part. I had a small problem with my room keycard, I let the front desk know, and within an hour the problem was fixed while I was out to supper. Nicely done! I wanted to pick up 2 dozen donuts from the Greenery in the morning, and the front desk person volunteered to call ahead the evening before to let them know I was coming. The next morning the Greenery staff was expecting me, greeted me by name, and had my order ready in just a few minutes. Nicely done. The shuttle driver picked me up in the lobby to go to Blackwoods for supper one evening, and picked me up after supper very quickly. Nicely done!
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Good location and friendly staff but overpriced"
I paid way too much for the overall experience. Extremely disappointed and wouldn't ever recommend this hotel to anybody. Breakfast cost extra, not even coffee in the lobby, ever. Absolutely ridiculous. I've paid less for experiences ten times better.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Easy stay."
Clean, quiet, comfortable. Nice location for walking superior street and canal park.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Walking distance to Canal Park"
We booked through Expedia at a good rate and had no problems. Front desk was busy but were cordial. The room had excellent air conditioning and we had a nice view of the city hillside on the 15th floor. The in-room Keurig machine didn't seem to work at first, but the staff responded very quickly to replace the machine. Much better price to stay here than in Canal Park and only a 15 minute walk if taking the scenic pedestrian-friendly route.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"2.5 star hotel"
Hotel is a quick walk to canal park, but there are shady people hanging out at all hours right outside the hotel at the bus stop. Our room was okay, little outdated in many areas. I also stepped on a winter glove (in July!) that was under the bedspread. No breakfast supplied which one expects when paying $135/night at a 2.5 star hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Needs updating. Overpriced"
This hotel is in need of updating. Paid well over $200 a night. The bed was very uncomfortable. My husband and I had horrible backaches after only 2 nights there. We went for Fourth of July and this is located downtown, canal park was booked. The skyway was closed and it was too far of a walk to canal park so we took a trolley. The trolley only ran until 7:45 at night and fireworks don't even start till 10, which was inconvenient. We didn't want to drive down there because of all the traffic and wanted a couple cocktails. This made it very difficult. The ramp is very confusing. We had to call and have someone show us how to get to 7th floor because the ramp only goes up to 6. Not very well marked. The ramp is goofy with driving on the left side rather than right. Let's just say we had a room at a hotel that was free the night before from a casino and it was 100 times nicer. They seriously need to do some updating of their rooms. No free breakfast either and I wouldn't recommend walking around that area outside at night. We paid over $550 for 2 nights for s basic room and won't go again. Also pool closed at 10:30. Bummer cuz we got back from fireworks and wanted to go for s swim. A lot of $ to pay for getting no breakfast and the parking hassle and early pool close. Not happy!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Comfortable, clean and quiet"
Our family group of 3 adults stayed during a visit to relatives. Parking was free and convenient, beds were comfortable, room service was a good value. Not much happening in Duluth downtown at night, the neighborhood was urban but not threatening.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"close to the lakefront"
very clean and comfy room and spacious motel is in good location close to shopping and eating
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
curtis
The neighborhood surrounding the hotel was not safe. We were approached by a number of people pan-handling and actually made a police report.
2 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
Leann
"Convenient Hotel"
Downtown and close to everything. A little loud on the pool floor with all the activity and action. The room was clean and the staff helpful. Bath supplies are a bit under average and you need to ask for extra towels especially if there are more than 2 of you.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Overnight with kids"
Clean, updated hotel, nice pool. Our stay was great. No problems at all.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
pb
"Overpriced and run down."
Dirty towels left from previous guest hanging on bathroom door. One coffee cup. Mold under sink. Bathroom door pretty battered. No restaurant on Saturday. $300/night?!? I paid $122 on a recent trip to Anaheim, CA, at a Hyatt Hotel.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Chuck
"Great location!"
The location was great. We were able to leave the parking lot with ease and return to still find good parking. We liked how close it was to canal park, downtown, and a favorite restaurant. Our room view was not great, but we didn't care.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
"Nice hotel but not over the top"
We were treated well and everything went good. It would have been nice to have some things included in the stay- meals, etc.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
"Great couples getaway.."
Our stay was nothing but great, we had Suite on 16th floor harbor side. Beautiful view, short 3 block walk to Canal Park, the skywalks are great if you want to walk in doors or you can easily walk outdoor. Room was clean and comfortable. Only downfall was the area, I would not feel comfortable walking along Superior or 1st by myself especially at night, alot of vagrants. But I definitely felt safe with my husband walking back from local pubs.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Shirley
"When asked for a Lake view, was given one."
Small TV. Room clean, Asked for Lake view and she found a good room for us.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Mk
"as expected"
overall good experience. rooms need a little tlc but nothing drastic. the downtown area is nice but everything was closed by 8pm. there was only 5 people in the bar/restaurant i went to, i guess thats a tuesday night in duluth.
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
daniel
"A Fishing Adventure"
Duluth is a great city to spend a few days relaxing. The hotel location was fantastic!
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
"Nice hotel, best pools for both kids and adults"
Great pool areas. 1 pool area which is more kid friendly on 4th floor along with a more quiet pool area w/ hot tub and sauna on 8th floor. Stayed here on a Sunday night which was so great because the hotel was empty. Had 8th floor room by the adult pool. Only down fall was a cigarette butt in the drinking fountain on the 8th floor along with the drinking fountain being damaged. Also had construction going on which was noisy in some areas of the hotel . Great stay though other than that..
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Not so good"
I was promised by Hotels.com representative for a suite of 2 Bed rooms but what was actually booked was 2 Rooms ( one living and one bed room with two beds)which was not expected.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
"Very pleasant stay"
Very pleasant stay here! I'll definitely stay again when I come back to Duluth
2 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
matt
"North Shore"
Couldn't control room temp. It was a little too hot to sleep in comfort.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Hotel staff were nice and helpful."
The room was dirty. Bathroom garbage can was not changed when I checked in. Hair all over tub.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Theresa
"room AC very old and noisy"
AC/heater was very noise and room had not option for outside air; so not a good place to sleep. Our room was on the 5th floor with a view of the swimming pool.
1 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Enjoyed"
We had an enjoyable stay. Liked the skywalk.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
Shirley
"Comfortable and Quiet"
Our room was quiet and comfortable. Our room was close to the pool, but because ours was a two room suite the inner bedroom was quiet. At pool closing there was no noise. The room was comfortable, however as a former housekeeper (at a 5 star hotel) myself, it could have used dusting on hard to reach places such as the top of the wardrobe and kitchen cabinets. I did dust the vanity lights myself and that in my opinion was a inexcusable flaw as the lights were at eye level and easy to reach. Over all, I would say the room was clean, but not flawless. I am surprised that there was no complimentary breakfast and I feel that with so many comparable hotels with included breakfast that this would be a great upgrade to this hotel. The accomidations here were not so far superior, in my opinion, to forsake other hotels that I have stayed at with the included breakfast. Although I enjoyed my stay, I will be staying elsewhere on my next trip to Duluth, MN to save money on breakfast. I thought the hotel restaurant was overpriced.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"View of the lake"
Modern hotel in downtown. Updated with many nice amenities. Parking ramp free with room. 2 pools and connected to skyway system.
Tony
The people are friendly. They are very helpful with directions. It is nice it is connected to a skyway, so you can shop or walk down to Canal Park or catch a movie.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Wonderful hotel in Duluth."
We went to Duluth for our ladies state bowling tournament this past weekend. We stayed at the Holiday Inn for this experience. We were so happy with everything at the hotel. The staff was great!! We were able to use their shuttle service to get to the bowling lanes. It was so nice to have that service. Our rooms were spacious and clean. The pool area was nice and enjoyable. Great experience!!!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Jody
"Bad trips"
The comforter is so tough. Very bad bedding
1 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Yang
"Loud Heater!"
This place was good with one exception.... The heater in our room was very loud. It would bang when it kicked in. It was like a shotgun going off next to your bed every 30 mins! No exaggeration; we would both jump everytime it kicked in. Otherwise the place was ok. They up graded our room from a king to a king suite which was nice but it was pool side. My wife and I weren't there to swim and would've rather not smelled the chlorine and listened to the kids screaming.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Duluth Trip"
Holiday Inn Duluth is Awesome! Great staff, great location, great property, great resturant!
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
keith
"Had a room over looking the pool area nice"
When we first got there there wasn't a remote but they brought one to the room in secounds great response time also had a huge kids birthday party and they came and took all the trash from it so we were more comfortable nice staff all around I love holiday inn
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
michael
Wonderful staff, free shuttle, excellent accommodations, and a great location. You can't go wrong staying at this Holiday Inn.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
"Excellant"
Went to Duluth for family reasons, Check in was easy, staff friendly and very helpful. Rooms were very clean. I would rate this hotel a 5 out of 5. Thanks for the nice stay. Also the parking pass was very nice.
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
Arlene
Staff was really nice. The room was clean. A little on the expensive side.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Very nice, great location"
I stayed at the hotel with my wife for three nights and we had a great experience. Very nice hotel with a very friendly staff. Room was very clean and the location was awesome. The Duluth skywalk was connected to the hotel and got us to Amsoil Arena and the movie theater without having to go outside into the cold. Highly reccomended.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Tyler
"Couples Getaway"
We had so much fun in Duluth. This hotel is the perfect location for walking to many shops and area attractions!
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Ryanne
"Great amenities and location."
very welcoming - had all the amenities I needed and then some. I enjoyed being right downtown and walking distance to everything. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"Close to everything, and a great weekend stay!"
Front desk staff was very accommodating. Both pool areas were clean and updated along with plenty of tables and chairs for guests that would rather watch from the sidelines.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice rooms but spendy"
Rooms are nice but for the price there could have been hot chocolate packets in the room at the very least. Most p,aces at this price have a continental breakfast too
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Great place to stay, convenient location"
We went up for a weeknight trip to Duluth to see Bentleyville. Booked the room about a month in advance. The price was reasonable, but I was a little bit nervous as I hadn't stayed at this hotel before and the room I got was non-refundable. Easy to find the hotel. Easy access ramp for parking. Quick and easy check-in. When we checked in we asked to be by the pool, we have a 7 year old. They upgraded us to a poolside room on the 8th floor at no additional charge! Two steps out our hotel room door to the gate to the pool. We all loved being so close to the pool! There were other families there, but the noise was not bad at all. Room was very clean. Nice to have a small fridge. In the evening we went to Sneakers Sports Bar & Grill in the hotel. Great chili! We all liked our food and the service. It was reasonably priced. It was very convenient to get to from our room. For breakfast we went to Porter's in the hotel. It was good and reasonably priced. I was sick and nothing on the menu appealed to me. They made me a breakfast sandwich which wasn't listed on the menu. Greatly appreciated this! The kids meal was free at both Sneakers and Porter's. Checkout is at noon, which was great. It gave us more pool time in the a.m. We bought discount tickets to the aquarium at the front desk. A couple bucks off. Not a huge discount, but it was something. We took advantage of their shuttle when we went to Bentleyville and the aquarium.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
PrincessP
"Holiday Getaway"
Enjoyed our one night stay very much. Went up to see Bentley Holiday lights and was able to walk through the skyway to within a short distance of the lights. Room had a view of the lift bridge and was very comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014