All hotels in Somerville, Massachusetts, United States of America
30 Washington Street, Somerville, MA, 02143, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Lux Retreat, Great Parking"
I arrived on a snowy, grey, dingy day. The inside of the hotel blew me away – it’s far swankier on the inside than I was expected, down to the wood paneled breakfast room. My room was spacious, the bathroom marble-floored and luxurious, and the pillows a dream. There were ample outlets, and plenty of space for belongings to spread out. A mini fridge was hidden behind a cabinet and I wished I had leftovers to stash inside. I also wish I had made use of the sofa and the cute side table that turns to fit over your lap, but alas I didn’t spend as much time in the hotel as I had wanted. I was able to dance around and try on outfits for my event using the full-length mirror. This hotel also boasts lots of parking, a restaurant and bar, and easy check-out. It is a great place to get snowed in, if you’re in the area. It’s not really close enough to walk to the center of things, but it’s a short drive. I’d highly recommend this place, and definitely would stay here again if I needed to be in the area over night.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
Megan
"breakfast was excellent too"
I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"Legit"
Best Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at (though I almost never stay at Holiday Inns). Very clean; big; legit pool/ play area; and best of all is its proximity to the city. Only 5 min drive from Boston's downtown area. About 12 mins on the T.
2 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
Ehab
"Convenient"
The hotel itself is not in a part of town you can hang out in, but it is within 2 miles of Harvard Square and the price is amazing for it's location. We were able to get to the Coop in 5 minutes, the Science Museum in about 15, downtown Boston is also easy to get to. The room was big, the decor was nice, lots of drawer space and the bed was really comfortable. The staff was helpful and kind. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Nice hotel close to transportation"
great stay. It was clean and comfortable. Shuttle service available
Maria
"Had high expectations, but..."
Customer service was not fantastic. Shuttle driver did not show up to work, but no one was aware so they were booking shuttle runs anyway- this made us late for our aquarium reservations (we paid for a cab and the hotel reimbursed us). Also, our tub was absolutely filthy- looked like someone skinned a large rodent in it- they promptly sent someone to clean it, but the gross factor had already taken over.
sbk
Pretty nice hotel
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
comfortable and clean room. nice staff. close to MIT and Harvard university.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Short Christmas trip to Boston"
Stayed in economy room at an economy rate. Room neat and clean, with 3 guests had 2 full beds, no problem, have an antique bed at home. No view from rm 208, but we were not there for the view. Only 1 waste basket in bathroom, could have used another in living area, refrigerator provided, microwave on request. Short walk from hotel to Sullivan Square T station, busses do stop outside hotel. Dunkin-Donuts in any direction. Staff was friendly, polite, and helpful. Missed sausage gravy on the breakfast buffet, but then I have lived in Virginia for more then 50 years now. I grew up in the Brighton section of Boston, so Somerville, Chelsea, Cambridge are home to me.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
kris
"a jewel..."
Wanted to meet a couple of friends in Boston which is only down the road this hotel is lovely with the parking.. The hotel has recently in the past few years had a face lift the staff is pleasant the rooms are nice what more can i say. Also it is reasonably priced.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
steve
"Close to downtown"
Spent New Years Eve in Boston. This hotel was close to downtown. Large indoor pool and basketball hoop was the attraction for the kids. Would stay again. Very clean. Plenty of parking. Suite was large and comfortable.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Close to legoland and city attractions"
We were in town with the kids to visit the aquarium and legoland. It is very close to assembly row and legoland. The surrounding neighborhood isn't one to walk around in, but it is easy on/off of the interstate and close to attractions. Low price, nice pool/play area and clean, comfortable rooms makes this an excellent option for families!
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Arthur
"Nice room. Friendly staff."
Comfortable stay. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Wifi is good enough for emails and web. Video or gaming may not run smoothly.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
yons
"Loved it!"
We had a great time. My kids (13, 7, and 4) loved the pool. The basketball court, rock climbing wall, bumper pool, table tennis, and rock climbing wall were all in the same room as the pool, so there was something for everyone. Plus the huge movie screen was great too! Very close to Sullivan Square which made riding the T quite easy. Hotel also had a free shuttle into/out of Boston that we used twice. Def would stay here again. Much cheaper than other hotels.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Bobbi-Jo
"Christmas In Boston"
This is our third year staying in Boston for Christmas and our second year at Holiday Inn Bunker Hill. The kids love the pool area, the shuttle is a great option so that you don't have to park around the city. The Museum if Science, New England Aquarium and Fanuel Hall are all within the shuttle radius. Breakfast buffet was nice, good selection of eggs, homefries, bacon, sausage, muffins, bagels, cereal, pancakes, fruit and juice.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Rhodes
"Nice clean hotel with above average price for area"
Hotel is nice clean with good size free parking lot and good staff. If prices would be lower than average other hotels and inns due to area it's located than it would attract even more travelers. Prices do drop on and off so keep watching prices as well. Convenient to other parts of MA and Boston city. Over all satisfied experience with quality service, smile and helping staff.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Dipak
"Just OK"
Decent hotel, but service at the bar leaves a lot to be desired. Twice I have been seated at the bar wondering if it was still open. This time, after 15 minutes of sitting there with no one behind the bar, decided to have dinner and drinks 2 blocks away at the End of the World tavern
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Nice place, close to Boston"
Had a great stay!
3 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Lorraine
"Very convenient location"
This hotel is great if you don't want to spend a fortune on a room and parking in the city of Boston. The shuttle is a ten minute drive to most points of interest. Free parking is a plus. The only problem we encountered was noise from the street below and a loud AC/heating unit in the room. Otherwise, it was a perfect stay!
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Lauren
"Ok stay"
The windows were a bit drafty made the room little cold,pool looks a lot bigger in the picture don't be fooled and the gym could use a serious upgrade
3 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
"My new Boston place to stay"
The stay was great. There is a great pool/Rex area for the kids and family. You are out of the city technically, so the room is more affordable. However, you are only 1.5 miles from the Boston Museum of Science and other attractions.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
"Attention on the details"
It was okay, but I asked my room to be nonsmoking, and the strong smell of cigarettes was all over the place....
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Alessandro
Clean, modern, large room, and very comfortable bed & pillows! Great nights sleep, great stay. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
jason
"Boston for a night"
Just in for a night. The staff was always helpful and there are sufficient shops and restaurants nearby for an overnight trip.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
PAUL
"Great staff, clean room,"
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Bunker Hill on a recent business trip because it was convenient to my work. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The neighborhood itself does not have much to offer but the location suited my purposes well.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
Benjamin
"Great Place to Stay!"
This hotel was a wonderful choice! Its location near the tourist areas in Boston makes it a great place. The shuttle to and from downtown Boston was an absolute plus! The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful, and professional
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
Carmen
"Good hotel in sleepy location"
Currently a great bargain, but not a great location. Not much happening in the neighborhood. Not too bad to get downtown, though. It appears that a significant renovation/redecoration has just about been completed. Needs a little more work on the lobby and restaurant/bar, though.
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Great Trip to Boston"
it was great the hotel is the best the neighborhood is not the best but never had a problem just looks run down.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Samuel
"good hotel"
We had very good stay. Only a little discomfort is that circumstance of neighborhood is not so nice. But as far as you have a car, it is not problem.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
hiro
Stayed here on a business trip. The staff was very helpful, the accommodations were comfortable, and it offered a good value considering how expensive hotels are in the city. Very close to the Sullivan Train "T" stop to get you into the city.
6 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Youth friendly hotel."
The hotel was pretty, room was clean and staff was friendly. We were visiting colleges and it was right between Tufts and BU for us. The sports center in hotel had a pool, indoor rock climbing wall, basketball hoop, pingpong table and pool table. It is a great place to stay for a good price.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Conveniently Located Hotel w/ FREE self-parking !"
We had a wonderful 5 day stay at this Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill hotel. It is close to everything and they offer a shuttle to anywhere withinn 3 miles. The staff was friendly - our room was very clean and the bed was so very comfortable. They also have an on-site restaurant called DRAFTS that served breakfast and dinner - we ate there several times and the food was delicious, very quick service and the wait staff friendly and accomodating. There is a great indoor pool with recreation area for all too enjoy - and a 24hr gym....who could ask for more!!! We plan to stay there next time we are in Boston.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Debby
"Boston trip."
Went to Boston from Florida for graduation ceremony. Stayed one night.
1 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
"Mother/daughter time"
The area was a little more sketchy than I was comfortable with.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Sue
"Great hotel terrible customer service!!!"
I stayed here on 10/31/2014 I booked on Expedia and the hotel was beautiful and I enjoyed the room very much! But, at checkin I was asked for a card for incedentals I asked if anything would be held on my card. She told me no. So I have her my debit card thinking nothing would be charged to the account or put on hold. While that was a different case they are holding $60 on my account and I can't get it released because I can't get ahold of a manager to fax something to my bank. When I called I asked to speak to manager it's 1 pm I was informed they don't have a manager available only a general manager but, he doesn't deal with front desk stuff. What kind of hotel's general manager doesn't deal with front desk issues? The hotel is nice but the staff is lacking and needs more training because I would have gave my credit card not my debit card if I'd known they were going put a hold on the funds. I am a seasoned traveler and have never had this issue happen before!
Chad
"Girlfriends Weekend"
We visited Boston for the annual Winter Holiday Festival. After a very long day in Boston we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by a lovely young woman who checked us in quickly. In our room we freshened up and went to look for a place to have a quick dinner. We were pleased to find that there was a lovely restaurant right in the hotel! The food was very good, the service efficient and the prices very reasonable. All in all it was a fantastic place to stay.
kathie
"Great stay - bad housekeeping staff"
Hotel was nice snd updated, room was huge! Not far from the city and plenty of cabs to call. The housekeeping staff liked to just enter the room after 1 knock on the door. I didnt like that at all, at one point they entered the room while we were still sleeping. They should wait for a response before just entering. When the front desk was told i just got an "im sorry" and that was it. The restaurant had a great breakfast buffet
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Ryan
"On the Edge"
Tub drain was nearly totally plugged. Was standing in 3" of water as soon as I started taking a shower. Maintenance did come and use Draino when I mentioned it. But I always wonder why housekeeping or a prior guests comments wouldn't get stuff like this taken care of. Room was drafty with one half cold near the window and the other half too hot. Overall a bit beat up and the neighborhood was on the edge. Hotel closed down too early. Went to find a late night snack and ended up buying a sandwich through a cash drawer at a gas station across the street.
5 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Vern
"Clean and convenient"
Hotel was clean. Location was convenient for our purposes. We were placed in a handicapped accessible room, and I'm not sure why. We were told the room had a Queen-sized bed, which it didn't. It was full-sized. The breakfast buffet was extra, but worth the cost. You also have the option to order off the menu which is a bit pricey, and unless you're a really picky eater, the buffet offers a fresh variety of choices.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Shirley
"Just Okay"
Seems like an older property. Not to many places to walk.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2014
"Top notch"
The room was clean the bed was comfortable and the service was outstanding. This is a must stay hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
Zachary
"Perfectly Adequate"
Nice location, clean, convenient, good staff especially maid service and food. It would help if front desk staff would develop a (more efficient) method to share information with each other - if we didn't talk to the person we had made arrangements with the info was not passed on or posted anywhere apparently. Not a large bump in the road but a unnecessary hassles were created. If in doubt do not hesitate - this is a good business trip hotel.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Anne
"Nice local hotel"
Room was great Food was fine Service was excellent
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2014
"Great room for a Holiday Inn"
Booked this last minute a few hours before check in. Since there was a discount for that night only. Room was great and big way nicer than expected.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2014
Ariekke
"good hotel"
only for 1 night but the the price we got on hotels.com it is satisfied
1 night trip Oct 20, 2014
Reception staff not very friendly. Had an accessible room not requested as it was the only option. They should say that in the reservation.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Great experience at this hotel, and the free shuttle to Boston is a really nice touch.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Clean ! Modern ! Awesome !"
If your wanting to save "quite a bit" of money that you will spend to stay in a prime location downtown Boston hotel. Save your money (for us half price) and stay here instead. Its literally only 3 miles away. We had been staying at the Marriott Copley for 4 days for a business trip my husband was on. Company paid for. Nice hotel. Big, several bars and resturaunts ect. However we had several extra days to stay in the area and explore. We thought, why not. Just stay at the same place. Don't have to repack. However the room price was astronomical !!! After plenty of research we found Holiday Inn Boaton Bunker Hill. For HALF THE PRICE... And only 3 miles away!!! And without hesitation or exaggeration , the room was nicer than the foo foo Marriot Copley. Stay here. You won't be disappointed !!
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Hope
Apartment flooded and had to stay elsewhere while it was being repaired. Holiday Inn is right down the street. The room was nice, nice hotel amenities available, food was pretty good and the experience is pretty standard/up to par with what you'd expect staying at well known place like Holiday Inn.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014