All hotels in Portland, Maine, United States of America
88 Spring St, Portland, ME, 04101, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"First time in Portland"
This was our first time ever in Portland and we loved it. The hotel staff was very kind. The rooms were nice and clean. The hotel location was within walking distance of pretty much everything as well.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
Visiting some friends form the area. Had a blast walking around to all the local shops and restaurants in the area. the Hotel is in a great spot with great views. Room was Spacious and Clean. plenty of outlets for chargers. Also has a hotel bar/lounge which is very reasonably priced and has some local options.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Grat hotel and staff"
Staff was very helpful with directions and other notable restaurants in the area. Room had an outstanding view
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
We had a wonderful stay! Love the city!
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
Christine
"Fantastic stay!!"
It was a fabulous place, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay!!!
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"no"
outstanding
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
james
"Smoking rooms should be banned....."
Unfortunately, hotel was sold out, so I had to book a smoking room, which I didn't think they still had in this century, but I didn't think it would smell as if someone was just in there smoking a pack of cigarettes either!! I went back to front desk and asked if I would be able to keep a can of spray for the smoke with me all night. Which they were very friendly about and left me with spray and also brought up a small machine to run all night in room to try to get rid of smoke smell. Half of the ceiling was covered in either dust or smoke, the air conditioner vent full of dust, and both white top blankets on bed had stains on them. For the money I paid, I was not impressed with Holiday Inn one bit. Everything I brought into that room stunk really bad of cigarettes even after my 2 hour ride home. Shame on management for even keeping rooms that way.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
Lia
Extra fee for parking in garage seems a little excessive if you're a paying guest of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Debbie
"Good spot"
The dining room service for breakfast was awful and so was breakfast . The room was great and good spot to visit portland. The staff did not go out if their way to help you though.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
rosemary
I was in town for a conference. The hotel was convenient to everything. The staff was super nice. Most especially Milly, the night front desk person, who checked me in in the wee hours. She went above and beyond with her kindness and warmth. All of the shuttle drivers were friendly, polite and knowledgeable about all the touristy stuff but also the local's "favs." The restaurant staff during breakfast was attentive. Especially the young busboy who worked the morning shift of 6/25, I wish I got his name because I think people should be recognized for good service.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Jeannie Therese
"Would definitely go back"
Although not right on the harbor it is a short walk to all the waterfront activities and restaurants. Hotel staff was very helpful and I was surprised at how nice....clean and newly renovated it was for a Holiday Inn. Bed and Pillows were great.
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Sally
located in downtown area. We love to stay here again to enjoy nightlife at Portland. Rooms are very specious.
2 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Amitava
I have do stayed here many times. The rooms are clean, staff is nice, beds are comfortable. I wish the rooms had 2 queen beds instead of doubles.
1 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
Thera
The location of the property is very close walking distance to shops, restaurants, museums, etc. The hotel is quiet despite being in the city. I liked the view from the room of the bay. Overall the room was very clean and there was free coffee downstairs. The only complaint I have was that I put a "do not disturb" sign on my door and the staff came knocking when it was close to checkout. For paying close to $250 a night for the room, give me my privacy and time with checkout.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
Liza
"Weekend Getaway"
Very Nice
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"nice but overpriced for what you get"
Parking was inconveniently located separate from the hotel and they charge 10$ a night for it, no continental breakfast despite the outrageous price for a room and the vending machines on 3 floors were out of service when I went in search of bottled water. It was a great view, spacious room,hot shower with good water pressure, nice to have fridge and microwave in the room, beds were comfy, linens were fresh and it was very quiet on our floor. Check in and out was fast.Doubt I would pay the price to stay there again but it was a nice overnight trip this one time.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2015
Brittany
"Business stay"
Very comfortable room. Parking was easy
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
"Great location, great room"
I give this hotel full marks because it delivered for what it is. It's a Holiday Inn, it was clean, service was good, we got a good parking spot. The location is unbeatable. No need to pay more for a continental breakfast in some other hotel. Instead, stay here and go to the Standard Baking Co.!
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Megan
"Overall good"
The air filter in the hallway needs some work as the air was stale. The same with the air conditioner in the room. The a.c. kept us awake during the night because it rattled so much. Otherwise, the front desk was friendly and the location was great.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"In-room smoking policy surprised me"
I am a non-smoker, but ended up with a smoking room because there were no other rooms left. I truly thought in Maine that no hotels allowed smoking in rooms any longer and I feel this would be a good policy of the Holiday Inn to consider. Clearly the smokers that stayed in the room were reckless and ignorant. There were burn marks all over the carpeting, on the furniture and even in the bathtub on the soap tray. Not the hotel's fault which is why I rated the overall experience high. But I have to say that it was very unpleasant and the entire floor smelled of smoke even though some of the rooms were non-smoking. The management tried their best to get me into a non-smoking room, but the hotel was booked to capacity. The restaurant had a great breakfast and the hotel bar was comfortable and both had pleasant staff. Parking was easy and convenient for a $10 fee.
Other trip May 18, 2015
We have stayed at this hotel every time we come up to Portland ME from Connecticut. It is a convenient walk to every store, restaurant, and bar we visit in town and it's a quick drive to beautiful beaches and communities in the area.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Great location in Portland"
We stayed over the Memorial weekend and were happy with our choice. The hotel is in good shape and pleasantly decorated. Only critique is on the swimming pool area. A little tired and no Jacuzzi. Parking either at the hotel, or alternatively in next doors parking decks. Easy walk to the centre of Portland. All in all perfect for a weekend away.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Girls weekend"
Unfortunately, our first night, the hotel was full of guests in their 20's. They treated the hotel like a dorm. Partying and yelling in the hallway at 2am. Security did get them out of the hallway but the guests next to us stayed up all night. Very little was offered as compensation for our sleepless night. We were also disappointed with housekeeping. Half of the employees we encountered were very nice, the other half, not so much. Location was good.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great hotel, great pool!"
Went here with my niece and nephew specifically because it had a big pool. The hotel was really nice and the deluxe room was huge and very comfortable. The pool was great and the kids had fun for hours on end! It goes up to 7 feet deep and seems to be the biggest indoor hotel pool in the area. The staff were very friendly and accommodative!
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
BETHEL
"Great INN"
The Inn is in walking distance to great tourist sites and resturants. The Inn staff are very helpful and friendly. There is plenty of parking. The in house restaurant and lounge have really good food. I stay here every time, I'm in Portland. I would recommend the Inn to family and friends.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2015
Dominick
"Nice hotel close to downtown with view of the Bay"
Convenient hotel near museums and shops downtown. Courteous, helpful staff. Terrific restaurant, with healthy and delicious menu choices, including Maine favorites, and low carb and veggie goodies.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
Alice
"Nice hotel close to everything."
Staff is particularly accommodating. We visited in the dead of winter and the hotel shuttle picked us up and dropped us off everywhere so getting around could not have been easier.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Very Nice Accommodations"
When traveling in Northern Maine I find it difficult to always find great accommodations. I usually end up traveling back towards the south and grab someplace along the way. This Portland hotel was a great find, it had everything I needed and was easy to get in and out of. I will use this location again while traveling up north.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Holiday Inn perfectly fine"
One night, worked out great. Good price. Walked into town easily. Friendly folks. Nice French roast coffee in the room!
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Crabrisotto
"A weekend away."
Was close to the venue and great restaurants.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Deborah
"Affordable, central location"
Went to visit family in south portland. This hotel is walking distance to all the Attractions in the area and a quick drive to our family's place. So whether we are site seeing/shopping or visiting family this hotel is clean, convenient and affordable.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Robert L
"Great place to stay in Portland"
The service here was top notch; front desk folks were very nice. The hotel was clean and nice.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great place to stay."
Very pleasant stay, with friendly and competent service, in an extremely comfortable room.
5 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great for one-night weekend stay"
We stayed here for one night for a weekend visiting Portland. The hotel was perfect for one night, room was clean and comfortable. Easy (and much more fairly priced compared to some hotels nearby!) parking. The hotel is just very outdated.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Cleanliness"
Enjoyed the stay but found a used condom wrapper under our bed and a used toothbrush behind the dresser. Other then that it was great
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
erin
"Portland Holiday Inn"
I always stay at this hotel when I am in Portland. It has a location that is easy to get to with a lot of great businesses around nearby, without being too busy.
2 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Stephen
"Had a great time, would definitely go back!!"
This is the second time I've stayed here. The hotel and room were clean. Check in was easy and the staff were friendly. It is conveniently located near lots of restaurants and things to do. Would definitely go back
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
The location of the hotel to the downtown Portland area was key for my use. Very comfortable accommodations.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Alison
"Great stay at Holiday"
We arrived at Holiday Inn after seeing the poor quality of our first booking. Holiday Inn staff were friendly, helpful and fun. The room was large, clean, with a great view of the harbor/river. We stayed first two nights on sixth floor. Due to a large group of kids coming in on the third day, the staff offered to move us to the ninth floor to avoid any problems due to activity on the sixth floor (which there were none) We thought that very nice and professionally smart of the staff. The hotel is located right where we wanted to be for walking around the town and seeing the sites of Portland. We would absolutely stay again at Holiday Inn Portland.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
R&R
"Expensive"
Great hotel but very expensive for one night. They do charge $10 for their on-site parking in addition to the hefty the room fee. The breakfast included is actually a $20 voucher which doesn't even cover the cost of the buffet for two adults. It was a holiday weekend but still ........
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
"Great hotel and location"
48 hour business trip. Pleasant stay, nice hotel within a few minutes walk of nightlife. The hotel restaurant was nice to have - convenient and good food. Room was comfortable and clean - only complaint was that there was loud music coming from somewhere nearby in Portland pretty late one night (not the hotel's fault). Would definitely return/recommend.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Portland"
We had a good two night stay here. The staff was very friendly, the amenities were great, and the location was really good too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to vacation in Portland.
2 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
"Good room, good view, great pool"
I stayed three nights here. Memorable view of the bay, harbor and town from my room; large and handsome indoor pool always empty when I went there; very comfortable and furniture. Drawbacks are (a) poor choice and staff at breakfast (b) one unhelpful reception staff member (c) the obtrusive ugliness of the hotel exterior - chunky white and green, visible all over town like a sore thumb.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Alastair
"The location makes hotel worth choosing."
Good location. Within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and the waterfront. Across the street from Portland's beautiful Art Museum. The staff was friendly and efficient. The carpet in our room needs to be replaced. It was the first thing I noticed when I opened the door to the room. Otherwise, the room was adequate and clean. There is a microwave oven and a small refrigerator in the room which came in handy. There was free coffee in the lobby but it was not good at all. There are lots of coffee shops nearby, though.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
The hotel was very nice, the barstaff in the lounge seemed to be dealing with a bit of a staffing issue but thought the bar tender was really nice. Its a great location everything is within walking distance. It was unnecessarily expensive though.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
"Good Location - Walking a pleasure"
Stayed for two nights. The hotel is very clean and in a nice location. Walked to Old Port both days. Took a ferry ride out to Peaks Island but was disappointed by the island itself. Not worth the trip but the ferry ride was nice. A great place to eat was at FlatBread Pizza. All in all it was a nice couple of days but not sure it is something I will do again anytime soon. Loads of eating places, little shops and drinking holes other than that not much else to do.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Excellent location - walking distance to Old Port"
The hotel was in an excellent location! We walked to the Old Port area each day we were there as the weather was excellent. We also used the airport shuttle which was very convenient and the shuttle driver was super nice! We got the last room in the hotel which was smoking room. The hallway was definitely a smoking floor but our room was good and they offered to "freshen" it up if we thought it was too smokey. The bed were comfortable and we have a view of the port which was great!
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Pam
"Can't recommend"
Pros: Good location, clean room, shuttle service Cons: Wifi not working entire time and staff unhelpful about it (told US to call I.T.) Hallway smelled like sewage, rooms nothing great for the cost. Had to pay to park.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"Smoking floor"
I had booked a non smoking room. When we got there all they had was smoking rooms. The whole third floor is smoking. We found it to much of a pain to get a refund due to booking through a third party.the staff were not helpful and later denied things they said.we had to take the room due to getting late and tired. But never again will I stay there.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014