All hotels in Akron, Ohio, United States of America
2940 Chenoweth Road, Akron, OH, 44312, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"Nice rooms,limited cleaning staff, grumpy manager"
We liked our one night stay for which we booked 4 rooms , however on our return thru Akron we booked the rooms for 2 nights. 2 were not cleaned or given fresh towels. When we notified the hotel front desk after our return in the afternoon, we were informed that housekeeping was closed for the day and if the rooms were not done it must have been requested tonskipmthem. The manager was totally unhelpful and said he had to get housekeepngs side of the story the next day which was no help for clean linens that night . Will not return.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2014
Pat lassak
The hotel was fine. Was asked to park in back lot, which was horrible & not plowed well of snow. Also, dimly lit. Felt unsafe. Opted to park in front of hotel even though was a farther walk to room.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Recommend"
Enjoyed our stay. Staff are very friendly and accomodating
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Sue
"Akron Quality Inn Hotel."
The room was quite nice except for the noisy fan.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Gwen
"The building needed A LOT of help!"
At first when I walked into the lobby the place seemed very nice. The desk receptionist was polite but dressed unprofessionally. She didn't even have on a uniform. But it was disappointing to know that the hotel didn't have an elevator. The stairs you had to walk up didn't seem stable. The ice machine had so much rust and looked in such bad shape I was scared to get ice out of it. When I got to my room, I was happy to see that the bed was nicely made but it was VERY disappointing to see that I was in a room with a queen size bed and NOT the king soze i had paid for. The heater/cooling system in the room made a lot of noise, not sure what that was about. The sheets were scratchy, almost like sand paper and they used too much bleach on the towels it would dry out my skin! The next morning I went down to the dining area to eat breakfast. The sausages were way over cooked. And was stopped by a sign and by an attendant that I was not allowed to take my breakfast upstairs "due to renovations". Seriously? How does it make any sense that we are able to order food and have it delivered, eat it in our room but not have food from breakfast brought up? And last but not least, I was plowed in by the company that shovels the snow in the parking lot. The person made it so my car couldn't get out unless I shoveled myself out! Just ridiculous. Over all I will NOT be coming back.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
jane
Kind of cold in the hallways
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Don't stay here if you have a choice."
Heater blowing constantly, management indicates all rooms the same. Setting the heater on 66 degrees results in a room temp of over 80 - blowing on high constantly. Completely dehydrating, health risk. Have you ever tried to eat a breakfast with only a plastic spoon? Well, it happened 2 days out of 4. No attendant on duty to resolve. Do you need to have HighSpeed Internet (for your work)? Wireless only disconnected many times every couple hours. Speed tests were 2mb down, 1.5 up. Not really high speed in my book. If you have a choice, don't stay here.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
"Exactly what I needed."
I am a law student who commutes from Ypungstown Oh. I chose to spend the week here, as weather was bad, and I had daily early class. Hotel met all of my requirements. Friendly, attentive staff.
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
Big Red
"Comfy Bed"
Happy with comfortable king sized bed for my 6'6" man !! Staff was polite and pleasant. Unfortunately, neither ice machine on the 2nd Floor worked.
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2014
"Updated and clean"
Stayed here for several days when in town for the holidays. Front desk staff could have been friendlier but the housekeeping staff made up for it. They were helpful and pleasant. The hotel has been remodeled inside, so while it is a little dated looking outside, the rooms were very nice and most importantly the beds were comfortable. They should get better pillows though. Otherwise for the price it was a great deal and we will stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
"Nice hotel in convenient place."
We stayed over two nights. The first room that was given to us was not very clean. The bed sheets were dirty. But immediately we were given a different room and it was cleaned.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Would be nice"
Rooms need microwave and fridge.
2 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Staff was friendly and helpful. Good free hot breakfast.
3 night trip Nov 8, 2013
I was disappointed in my quarters. We were first given rooms in the rear of the building on the 2nd floor which had no elevator access. In fact there were no elevators. We had to climb stairs with bags in tow. We then called the management to express our disatisfaction. He informed us we could upgrade for $35.00 more for the remainder of the stay. He failed to inform the front desk. When we inquired about the upgrade she informed us their were no rooms available and it would be $35.00 per night to upgrade.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
judy
"Affordable hotel"
Very nice find, affordable, room was clean- the bed very comfortable- staff very friendly
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
maggie
"Nice little Place"
This was a nice place to stay overnight at with a nice breakfast including hard-boiled eggs for those, like me, who do not like the instant-prepared eggs.
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2013
"Quiet place to rest for the evening and night."
Very comfortable, good breakfast and pleasant people
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Akron Half Marathon"
When we walked in, the hotel was sort of weird in its layout--I think this is due to it being a conference center as well. The lobby didn't look very nice, so I was a little worried, but the rooms were wonderful. The bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in in a hotel (we are out of town almost every weekend in the fall with season tickets to VT football games and half marathons, so we stay in several hotels). I would absolutely recommend this hotel. It probably isn't the closest to the Akron half, if that is what you are looking for, but parking was SO easy that driving to the start line wasn't an issue (this is sometimes an issue with bigger races). I'll absolutely stay there next year.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Stacey
"Not Happy"
Room was not clean. And I don't mean things that are hidden. Very obvious stuff. Bathroom door wouldn't close all the way. Just silly stuff that I would expect to be handled. Especially when I am traveling on a prime weekend and paying the rates for such.
2 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2013
"close to my grand daughter"
The towels were thin and needed more for the day. The bathroom was small so the towels didn't dry very well after use. It was a shame the Pool was not cleaned the day after labor day...it was open but dirty. There is not an elevator for older folks to take to their room. lots of steps.
4 night trip Aug 30, 2013
grandmother
"Near many restaurant and shopping options"
We needed a quick overnight place to stay and this place fit the bill.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
Jaspers
"Just Right"
You get what you pay for. Good value for the dollar. Clean, comfortable and decent breakfast. I would stay here again. Check in service was really good.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
TD
Beds were very hard. Pillows were small. Breakfast was so so. Eggs and sausage were gross but waffles and muffins were good. Orange juice and milk were empty even though we were there minutes after they opened. Our room was clean and the shower pressure was amazing!
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
Alisha
"Convenient to interstate with easy access to food"
We were very satisfied with our booking. hospitality and accommodations. The check-in clerk noticed my use of a cane and changed our reservation which was for a 2nd floor room to a first floor room because the motel did not have an elevator. I think this may have been an upgrade over the rate we paid. We had an event at the University of Akron with a late return. We overslept and missed what was posted as the included cold and hot breakfast.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
Margo
"Pleasantly surprised"
Was only needing an inexpensive hotel for short over night trip. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the Hotel was. Nice heated pool. Clean. Great breakfast. I'd stay again when in town.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2013
"very nice hotel with pool and game room."
the hotel was clean and the beds were very nice the breakfast in the morning was good and nice pool the bathrooms were updated and very clean the staff was nice and answered any questions we had.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
bill
"Gets the job done."
Nice, clean, updated room. Right on par for the price.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"nice hotel for the price"
I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. the room was very nice it appeared to have been recently updated. there was a very nice tv. the bed was super comfy. the bathroom was nice. there was a large outdoor pool that was huge compared to most hotel pools. the location was very easy to find and was conveniently located near many restaurants and a Walmart. the staff was very friendly. the only negative comment I have is that my bed sheets seemed to have a stain and maybe a cigarette burn in it. other than that I had a very nice stay. I would definitely go back again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
The door to the room was hard to open and unlock. It would stick.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"Disappointed, Apethetic GM, Won't be back"
Towel bars/racks coming off the wall, wouldn't fix. In room refridgerator kept freezing contents on warmest setting, couldn't fix. Wanted to charge a higher for same room in "newly renovated" area, disingenuous. GM and front desk both pushed the problems off to the other. Nobody seemed to care enough to do anything. Neither myself or anyone with my company will stay there again.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"A bit over priced."
The room was out dated. The furniture needs to be upgraded, along with the TV my room still had a an old CRT television. The bathroom was upgraded and was very clean. When I checked in I had to print my boarding pass for my flight in the morning and the hotel printer did not work. The desk clerk said she couldn't do any until Monday morning.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
The room had a smell.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2013
"Beware light sleepers!"
The air conditioner in the room is noisy and I had difficulty sleeping because of it. The single king bed room decoration was very good and modern (my room appeared recently renovated), unfortunately it looked like someone had cleaned every surface with a dirty rag! There were streaks on every surface. I had to wipe off all the table tops before I could use them. The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower worked great. The continental breakfast was a nice benefit and was the reason I chose this hotel over the others nearby.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Glenn
"Will definitely go back next time."
The staff was very courteous. The room was clean and had plenty of pillows. My kids had a fun time in the pool and game room. Also, the location is fantastic. There are restaurants everywhere as well as shopping destinations like Walmart and Kohls. I will definitely revisit this hotel next time I travel to Akron.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2013
"Average stay close to Football Hall of Fame"
The hotel is older but they have tried to update the decor. However, the beds are average and the pillows are sub par. The breakfast 45 minutes before closing had dried sausage that was inedible and green glazed donuts. The juice and coffee were good. Overall, we just needed a place to sleep for the night. Good buy for the money.
1 night family trip May 29, 2013
"Generally pleased"
We were generally pleased with our stay. The room was clean which is a most important thing. I was disappointed that the staff did not know what kind of pillows they had - down feathers or non-allergenic, and they didn't seem to care.
1 night family trip May 26, 2013
"Dirty, Dirty, Dirty"
The room was dirty upon arrival. There were two unknown stains on the wall. The sheet had a disgusting brown stain on it. The toilet was dirty and hadn't been wiped down. This was all upon arrival. I stayed there for 5 long nights. The maid service was pathetic and they barely cleaned. One day they didn't bring any clean wash cloths. Another day, they didnt bring toilet paper. The place is kinda run down but uncleanliness is no excuse. This place tends to attract "party types" as evidenced by the case of beer cans in the hallway on two different days. The breakfast was adequate and at least was free. The staff were pleasant enough but not overly friendly. I would not stay at this place again.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Freq Traveler
"just what we expected"
comfort, clean, affordable
1 night trip May 2, 2013
This hotel seems as if it was recently refurished. We were given a king smoking room and there was no odor at all. The carpet in the halls and stairwells were spotless. Convienient, 1 block off of the interstate with many eateries close.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
This Quality Inn served its purpose: a quick overnight stay on our road trip from the East coast back to the Midwest. Not much more to say about it.
1 night family trip May 18, 2013
Sophia
"Nice one night stay"
Comfortable; has a good night sleep. Hotel should ditch all the old, well worn bath towels for new ones. We can't tell whether they are clean or not. Otherwise, the room is nice and clean.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
tnt-
"Could have used bigger pillows"
We have stayed at this particular hotel several times now since our son was going to the University of Akron. It is very convenient to campus, and other shopping areas including Walmart, Target, and Kohls. The only thing that would have made it better would to have had bigger pillows on the bed. Even though we each had two small pillows, it would have been nicer to have had one large one.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
"Very nice hotel. Quiet area."
Was able to visit with my daughters there that live in the area. They could come and go as they wanted even without me being there. Hotel staff was great about that. Thank you.
Other trip May 14, 2013
"toilet troubles, ran out of coffee, desk person do"
When we arrived to check in nobody was at the front desk, after about 10 minute a girl came running down the hall with a cart of towels she was the desk clerk , very nice and polite girl though. We went to our room and on the first flush in the toilet was clogged and overflowed all over the floor, it took over 2 hours to get someone to our room to address it. In the morning we went to breakfast at 9:45 and they were out of coffee and said they weren't making anymore at 10:00 on the nose they started turning stuff off and taking the food away even though the room was still full of people eating
Other trip May 13, 2013
"good place for the price."
The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was clean but needed some updating. The bathroom needs the most updating. You can tell that the hotel is older, but has recently had the hallways redone. I would stay here again.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
Jack
"Needs some more updates"
Hotel room was missing the chair for the desk and the coffee pot did not work, heater was noisy. We were a late check in an should have asked for a different room when it came to the noisy heater. This is an older hotel that was owned by another major chain at one time which we had stayed at years ago. I was told at the front desk that the room had recently been updated when I was checking out the next morning which it was, new furniture and mattress along with updated bathroom . One other item the towels were well worn and should be replaced.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Everything was good
1 night trip Apr 2, 2013
"no cot?"
I thought we should have been able to get a cot and the lady patrolling the breakfast area was slightly annoying but the stay very cozy, the lady at the desk was nice, and I enjoyed the stay. Especially the hot shower! Thanks
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
"Clost to airport"
Friendly staff. Has airport shuttle. Comfortable rooms.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2013
Melanie
"Oh my goodness!"
With a name like Quality Inn, you would expect a fairly nice place. This was anything but! As we were checking in, we heard one of the front desk staff dealing with a noise complaint from a group in the hotel. We specifically asked not to be anywhere near them - when we got to our room, we were right in the middle of them all! The hotel staff did nothing to address our complaints about the noise or cleanliness of the bathroom (or lack there of). And to top it off, they were in the midst of renovations, which they did not tell us at the time of booking. So we had loud college students until 2 am and construction began at 7 am. I would NOT recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Feb 20, 2013