All hotels in Elyria, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1825 Lorain Blvd, Elyria, OH, 44035, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.4
    2.9
"Confusing exits from lot."
WiFi was very poor. Cable installation material in hallways. Exit from parking lot to main rout a mess. Glad we only needed it for one night.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"wouldn't suggest it to my friends"
The staff was friendly and helpful but the hotel was in poor condition. The pool was closed. The hallways were dark. The doors had chipped paint and dents. Our air conditioner didn't work in 2 of our guest rooms. We had to constantly be fooling with it to stay on. The beds were not consistent. You would sink down in one and the other was hard as a rock. Their was a ton of construction and detours around the hotel. I would never have stayed here had I driven by the hotel before we booked.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"TERRIBLE"
Negative infinity stars!! This hotel has the worst customer service ever!!! We first arrived with a sign telling us the pool was being renovated so we would receive a full refund. This was a bummer, since we were traveling with children and this is what they were looking forward to! I proceeded to check in because they were the host hotel for my family reunion. As I'm checking in the manager is yelling at us across the room "DONT CHECK IN IF YOU AINT STAYING"... Very rude! They have a sign saying ask about our jacuzzi suites. So I figured hey the kids can play in there since there's no pool. I ask how much for an upgrade and would it be discounted for the inconvenience of having no pool. The guy said I had to wait for the manager, who has just yelled at us! She comes over with an attitude and continues to say "your options are to get a refund and stay somewhere else" So now after the back and forth with her I ask to speak with her manager, big mistake! He was completely rude and disrespectful! Not once did he attempt to rectify the situation! He had a passion for being a jerk. I stayed at a much better hotel down the street with a free jacuzzi upgrade (Quality inn) my family who did stay there complained of no hot water, dirty rooms, and dirty common areas. Many of the others took their refund and left. DONT STAY HERE EVER!!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Ms. Cook
"Nice room but everything else was lacking"
I have stayed in hotels around the world and this was the scariest one. The room was very nice. But the hotel is under renovations. The vending and ice machines didn't work. The hallway was straight out of a horror movie. Between the dim lights, holes in the walls and carpet needing to be replaced 20years ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But they had little help they could do with a place that is so miss managed. They need to shut it down, tear it down, and start over. That is the only way to fix this place.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
World Traveler
"hotel undergoing remodeling"
Because of remodeling -- construction material and deconstruction material everywhere. Pool closed. Ice machine not work. Staff not communicate with each other, inexperienced.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Very disappointed"
Very sad the pool was not open, which was one of the reasons I picked it, promised something from the front desk - find out couldn't happen - outlets were not working, no TV guide or helpful tips binder. ceiling was cracked and was told there was a recent fire, breakfast was not very appealing
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tita
"Hotel in need of repair"
Pool was closed. Hotel in disrepair. Would not give a refund for pool being closed.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Mother of two
Great Hospitality!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Bad"
When I got there they did not have the room I booked and paid for they downgraded my mom and did not give a refund or any other compensation when I arrived to the room it was 86° in there the AC did not work at all
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Fed
"Double charged for the room"
Poor administration - they had only one room reservation & I had paid you for two rooms. I paid for second room to Ramada, so I paid double for that room.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Yuck"
Not a very nice hotel, especially for the money. I would expect a room like this to be in the $45-60 range. Hotel staff was not very friendly or eager to help. The room itself was not terrible, but I definitely would NOT stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Ramada review not good"
I wanted a nonsmoking room and the room they gave us was considered nonsmoking but you can smell smoke in the room. It was a smoking room in the past. We had two room and both room the air conditioner leeked water on the floor. The lobby and hallway very dirty. The location was the only good thing. Will not stay in a Ramada again
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Coletta Doran
"Very rundown"
Was very disappointed. Hotel was very rundown. It was definitely in need of some TLC! I would not stay they again,
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"The most disgusting hotel in the world....seriousl"
everything about this hotel is just gross....from the dirty, stained carpet to the leaking ceilings to the peeling wallpaper to the dirty rooms to the dank smells to the 70's decor to the noisy guests to the long, dark hallways to the people playing loud music and partying in the parking lot to all hours.....well, you get the picture. Reminiscent of soviet-era state subsidized housing minus the charm.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"A decent stay"
Overall it was a decent stay. Hotels.com showed $10 more for a non-smoking room compared to a smoking room. We asked the hotel staff since it did not make sense. They told the hotel itself does not do that rather it is an issue with Hotels.com charging more. Also, the pillows were way too uncomfortable. We stayed only for a night as a stopover. For such stays this should be ok. Don't expect too much from the complimentary breakfast they offer. It is just breads, cheerios and muffins.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
imac
"Do not stay here!"
There are no baseboards in hallway, just dirt.... It smells nasty. When I walked into my room there was a huge spider and web in my tub. Dirt in every corner. House keeping was rude and loud in the morning when cleaning in neighboring rooms. Blankets were not comfortable and there was no comforter. But most importantly the keypad to the door to get inside was not working! So anyone could just walk right in the hotel!
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Michele
"Ramada Elyria"
The management and front desk were very professional and kind. With the name Ramada, I had expected a location better and much higher maintenance standards. The place was just run down.
7 night trip May 24, 2014
"Unacceptable!!!"
This facility does not deserve to bear the Ramada name! Almost every area of the hotel needed renovating. The molding holding the cable wires in our guest room had fallen down, so we requested a different room. The assistant manager was very rude asking us if we'd be happy with any room we were assigned. I immediately cancelled the remaining days on my reservation with Hotels.com. The next day upon checking out, the manager was also rude. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
6 night family trip May 21, 2014
"A bit complicated to go south out of the hotel."
There are large potholes in the parking lot. There was no Wi Fi and the phone system was down during the two days we were there.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Outdated and water damaged."
The bed was comfy. the room was dated. there was water damage by the windows. the surrounding area was sketchy, did not want to leave my car.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"TheRamada needs up keep"
There are several options in Elyria. Other facilities manage the carpet, continental breakfast, and up keep better.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Very bad rooms, room phones are working..I doubt even if it's connected to any system other than the wall jack.
4 night business trip May 18, 2014
Good stay motel was close to shopping and food. Room was clean and had clean supplies.
Other trip May 21, 2014
I stay at a hotel in Ohio from time to time because my daughter is in college there. I do not need a luxury hotel I just need to be in a clean and comfortable environment and this hotel provides that and I was very pleased. from now on that is where I am going to stay when I visit my daughter.Thank you
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Mareie-Ange
"Terrible Service, Terrible Maintenance"
Worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. Terrible service. The manager was incredibly unprofessional and rude. The key card machine was broken so they could not use most of the rooms. The roof was leaking so the carpets were soaked. Ridiculously overpriced. It was musty, dingy and everything was falling apart. No air-conditioning, the fan in the bathroom didn't work, and while they insisted the bed was a queen, it was no bigger than a full.
1 night trip May 12, 2014
Sylvia
"Look elsewhere"
I've stayed at many Ramada hotels and this was by far the most disgusting hotel I have seen. Looks like a property that was purchased in a bankruptcy sale and never fixed up. Don't waste your money staying here. There are other accommodations in the area that would have to be a better option than this place.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Terrible hotel"
My stay at Ramda was the most horrible experience my room was smelling like smoke and mold. The mold was coming out of the celling and the service was terrible. I belived that it was not fair that was paying for a regular size bedroom and I did not have the convinience of having a microwave in my room and a refrigerator. Over all the experience was bad and I will not come back to this hotel at all and if I would have to refer this hotel to any of my friends I will make sure they will not stay either.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Glad I didn't go by the reviews"
Was tempted to spend twice the amount because of the reviews at the hotel.. So glad I did not listen to whoever posted. The hotel was clean my room was clean the bed was comfortable and it was excellent for the price. Will never go next-door and pay double again
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
annette
"Ramada, Elyria, OH: Don't Stay There!"
VERY UNPLEASANT! (except for one professional desk clerk)
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Leebo
"Simple in Elyria"
Nothing fancy, just a place to sleep. Currently going through a remodel.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"The room was charged more than it supposed to be."
It was charged way too much for a low quality room online.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"Worst hotel experience ever."
Terrible service, dirty outdated and poorly remodeled hotel.
2 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Hated it
"An awkward stay"
Two glaring inconveniences were: 1. a clock with the wrong time, and an insurmountable resistance to being set to the right time, and 2. such a lack of electrical outlets that we could not have the floor lamp on and a computer plugged in at the same time..
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Not a three star but stay was ok..."
Booked the hotel because showed a 3 star hotel for $60. I have no complaints with the hotel except that at best it should be a 2 star. There is a lot of work needing to be done and that is being done. Room was clean but very dated. Clerk was extremely nice. Noticed at the counter a direction sheet for how to leave a 5 star review on the travel sites in exchange for a gift. This is obviously the reason behind the inflated rating. Again, hotel is a value and clean. You will enjoy your stay in this 2 star hotel.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2014
"Great bargain for the price and location."
Very nice staff, very helpful. Nice to have transport to CLE airport,more than reasonable. Will definitely will stay there again. Can't beat the value. Some renovation going on which will only make it better.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
dean
"Not bad for the price"
Huge hotel but very old and could use some updates. Water didn't get very hot in the shower, found a couple bugs in the room. Staff was pleasant and it is a pet friendly hotel.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
"Stay at the Hampton Inn, right next door"
Pass on this one, folks. There is a Hampton Inn which literally shares the same large property off the service road. Too many issues to list here. You can do much better for absolutely no more effort.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2013
"Out dated"
The room was clean, the people nice enough, the lock on the door was broken, the hair dryer felt like it was falling off the wall, the elevator a little slow to open its doors which always freaks me out a bit. I've stayed in nicer places for less, but it was last minute, and not a bad price. Right next to the mall was convenient for finding a good dinner.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Good place to be"
The night was very quiet and we slept good. The room was clean, comfortable.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
LuLu
"Clean, but not much more to recommend this place.."
The hotel needs a lot of maintenance and upgrades to carpet, decor, etc. It seemed clean and there was lots of hot water. The front staff was friendly and helpful. I would have paid more for a better room/hotel. Wish I had.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
"Hmmmmm"
We used to stay at this location when it was a Holiday Inn. They allow dogs, so we thought we'd try it. When we got in our room, there was a huge spider web in the corner that had been there for quite some time.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
Lori
"Close to wedding site"
Nice room with microwave and refrigerator, room was quiet. would have preferred queen size beds but double okay, used to sleeping in a king at home. good value for the night
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Close to highway"
The hotel is past its prime and the wall paper is peeling , but the room was clean, the matress comfortable and the price is reasonable.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2013
Craig
"Decent and cheap"
We stayed 3 nights on a family visit. The room was very clean and well maintained. Staff were very cheerful and helpful. The bed was a bit on the hard side, and had 4 tiny square pillows instead of regular king sized ones. I would recommend bringing pillows! There was no continental breakfast, but our king room was equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. Overall, a good experience.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Michell
"Bad Choice"
The hotel needs major repairs and updating. Not the Ramada you would expect. After complaining about the condition and cleanliness of our room they moved us to a larger room that was more recently renovated.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Sy
The outside of the facilities were not the greatest but the room was awesome!
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Elyria Ramada."
This is the last Ramada I ever want to stay in!! We left in the morning, came back in the evening to find that our room had not been touched. No clean linens, etc. Breakfast in the morning was in a disaster area. Spilled food, which may account for the fact that the food trays were empty, didn't start our day off ona good note. We had breakfast in an off-site restaurant. This hotel used to be a very well run Holiday Inn, and its is sad to see such a degradation in quality.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Won't stay again"
The beds were uncomfortable...soft with little support. There was noise and partying in the hallways until 2:30 am. I called the front desk, but nothing changed...still same old noise. I did NOT get a good night sleep, and would never stay here again
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"Professional and caring staff"
Under renovation and was disappointed in room. Manager resolved our problems and moved us to a very beautiful room.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Wasn't bad for the money. Had shuttle service to"
checked in late 08/28/13 and room was very clean. Some stains on the ceiling and room could have used a few more pictures (only one on the wall). Was clean and neat. good location. Would stay again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013