All hotels in Elyria, Ohio, United States of America

2.9
    2.3
    2.8
"Horrible"
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
"poor hotel conditions"
The room was fairly unclean. The carpets needed vacuumed badly. The bed and other comforts were okay. Very displeased with condition of hotel as a whole. There was peeling paint in the halls, just dirty conditions in general. No continental breakfast, for the value was not worth a return trip. I also had a 20.00 convenience fee taken out which i was unaware of till i checked in. I was told i was going to get that back but yet to see it credited back to my bank account.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Timothy
"Spur of the moment trip"
Entrance into the hotel was hard to find. Had a late check in and when we walked in there was no one at the desk. The hotel smelled and looked tattered in the hallway. Once in the room it looked nice but the carpet was stained. The heater blew cold air at the highest settings and took about 2 hours to get warm. The toilet was loose from the floor and shifted when used.The towels were thin. The clerk at desk seemed uninterested when we voiced the heating and toilet issues. Would never stay here again. Needs to be thoroughly renovated.
K
"Run down hotel in run down town."
It was very difficult to find due to road closers and lack of signs. The parking lots has huge potholes. However, the bed and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean. It was a well-designed room with plenty of space for the king-size bed. All the carpet in the hotel badly needs to be replaced and we were only given a thin, summer-weight sheet and blanket as a cover (in November)--no quilt or coverlet. Also, especially for women traveling along--the entrance doors to our section was left open in the evening for a pool tournament of some kind, with no security between the tournament and the hotel rooms.
"Ready for the wrecking ball"
Seemed semi-abandoned. It appeared that they were just making money from it until they tore it down. Paid for two nights. The place was so sketchy that I didn't sleep there either night.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Edwin
"Cheap Beer!"
This was the 2nd time I have stayed in this motel. This experience was much better than the first time. I think I was in an older part of the hotel last time and it was a bit of a hole. I only came back because of price. This room was much nicer and close to the bar, where they only charge $1.75 for a pint! I couldn't believe it. I'll be back just for that.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"Poor room condition"
We were in town to visit a sick relative and the hotel location and price was very convenient for us. The condition of the room, however, was not so good. Specifically the bathroom had quite a bit of mold and mildew. We also discovered the morning we were leaving that the shower was not functioning and since we had a long drive and no time to wait for maintenance had to go without a shower. We called the general manager to speak to him about this issue and he was extremely unhelpful and rude. We will likely be back in town quite a bit due to this family situation but will not be staying here.
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Surly by the Lake"
An electronic lock failure (refusal to open the door even for the hotel staff's passkey) is NOT the customer's fault. But even if the customer were at fault, hotel staff should be polite, if not downright friendly, in dealing with the customer. In Elyria, the Ramada staff was snippy, and sounded as though they considered this Sunday problem to be something that they should not be bothered with. We checked in on Friday, and had successfully used the electronic keys on several occasions Friday and Saturday, and at least once on Sunday morning. When we returned from our morning activities, and the door did not open. I went to the front desk. The clerk reprogrammed my key, but did not give me a new piece of plastic. The key did not work, but my colleague arrived - and found that his key did not work either. Fortunately, a staffer was at the adjacent room, and tried her passkey. It did not work. She called maintenance, who showed up in just a little while. He was unable to fix the problem. The front office was called (walkie-talkie) and reassigned us to another nearby room of the same size, but not the same facilities. She said there was nothing she could do. We'd been given a room on Friday with a fridge. Now, with cold things in the fridge, we had no fridge. And she was snotty about their "rule" of not moving the fridge - for just one more day - to our room (same hallway), so we had to do without it, of course. That's survivable, but no way can I say good job.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Ahasuerus
My stay at Ramada Inn was excellent. I would stay there again.The hospitality was great.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Motel 6 price, Hampton feel"
I was surprised at the cleanliness and up keep is the room. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. And the room was a great rate.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Great hotel!!!!"
Everyone was very nice and made my stay enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Chanda
"good"
Everything was good just was a mishap when checking in they couldn't find credit card info in computer but they called and worked things out. After it was a good place to stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"two nights at the Ramada"
I had too switch rooms the first night because there were insects in the bath tub. In the second room I had to kill a spider on the second night. I didn't appreciate having to repack and reload my car the first night in order to be given a room threr doors down. I was assured that the GM reads the comments from the guests and that he would call me on Monday. I have yet to receive a response.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Troy
"A dump between freeways"
2 nights to attend a nearby wedding. All public spaces run-down. No towel change due to "environmental policy" how cynical. No attendant at continental breakfast. Pool closed. Only receipt available from Expedia, not hotel . . .no explanation. Parking lot rutted, filled with long-haul car carriers. Many similar hotels in area, e.g. Hampton Inn across parking lot. Expedia should stop offering this particular establishment.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
AJ
"Elyria"
Hotel is old, outdated and falling apart. And the TV didn't work. Save your money and sleep in the car.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Would use again"
Nice hotel if you are just sleeping there. It's clean but needs updating. Will stay again.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
rose
Front desk person was very nice.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
no name
"You get what you pay for"
Halls drab and carpets old. Room not conveniently located in relation to lobby. Two lamps were unplugged with no outlet access. Ants in the bathroom. Tub mat was worn and coming off the surface. Did not look clean. Breakfast not served until 7. But really, it was about 70 bucks. So you can't expect much.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Not my cup of tea"
It was ok. The hotel itself is very old and out-dated. Staff are ok no complains. I do not want to stay at that hotel again tho.
1 night trip with friends Aug 16, 2014
Cheryl Ladyva
One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. About 1/4 of the floor covered in water.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2014
"Needs a lot of repair!"
Outside: peeling paint and obvious repairs needed externally. Room was clean but black mold stains in tub area. I was surprised that a name brand hotel would be in such poor condition. Given that - the hotel should have been cheaper!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Elaine
"bad experiance"
I had made reservations for my daughter and her children. When she got there because credit card didn't match her licence they would not give her a room. I called and told them I would be there the next day and sign for her room. The lady I spoke to told me I had to cancel my reservations and make new ones on hotel.com and she would not charge my credit card for the room I had to cancel. I did what she said in order to get my daughter in a room. You charged my credit card anyway for one night. When I called back to complain the man I spoke to was rude and said he was charging my credit card because I didn't cancel in time. I asked for someone to call me and know one called. I travel often and will never use Ramada again.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2014
virginia lemons
Could use some new furniture. Falling apart.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
would not have gone if I could cancel. very dark and old.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"thumbs down"
bad
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
I would only stay 1 night on the way somewhere. It was the only hotel with rooms available so it served its purpose.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
sean
"not very secure or well kept"
I got two rooms, when I arrived to the first one the door was not shut because the deadbolt would not retract into the door. We had to really fiddle with it to get the door to actually shut. Then the second room, the deadbolt did not work at all. The outside sidedoor entrance to the hotel was also standing wide open, we arrived after 11:30 pm. So if you like to feel secure in a hotel, this one does not have that atmosphere. Additionally, and I guess this can happen anywhere, but the hotel was packed and very noisy. Going on 1 am, I could still hear music, voices, TVs, etc. At 4 am, car alarms went off in the parking lot and when I got up to look, there were a bunch of people milling about out there. The beds were comfortable though.
"Dingy and broken"
Very dated and falling apart. TV wouldn't work, the sink leaked every time it was used, air conditioning wouldn't work, and the cords for lamps were taped together.
Jared
"awful, filthy, sketchy. want my money back really."
first room was not cleaned from other people, had to walk the long hall to desk, he gave me key to another room. Same thing, room was not cleaned by maids. Couldnt believe it. Next time I was furious, he came with us this time, room was cleaned but NOT clean
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
carol mcnair
"Meh."
Where to begin.. First off, we had a choice between this hotel or the Hampton. Because there isn't much in the area near where we were spending our day. We should have spent the extra 20-30bucks and got a room there instead. But like everyone.. We tried saving some money. Anyways, when we opened the door to our room, everything wS good. Looked clean, spacious, etc. The AC was off, it was a hot day. The room was baking! We checked in around midnight, we were out in the sun all day at a concert. We wanted to cool down and relax.. Two hours later, the room was tolerable. During this time, we found a moldy apple under the bed. Found out the toilet was clogged, and that the sheets didn't fit the beds. Urghhhhh! Yuck. We just wanted sleep, figured we would deal with it. We finally got situated and went to sleep. When we woke up, the floor was sopping wet. Why? Because even though we didn't use the toilet, it seeped from the bottom. Luckily our bags were on the table... So much for having to use the restroom when we woke up.. Had to lay down all the towels so I could brush my teeth. We had to get out of this nightmare. Never again! Spend the extra money for Hampton.. It's next door. Oh and hotels.com says this place is 5 miles from black river landing.. It's 12. Huge difference when driving through a unknown area when it was supposed to be close. The construction made it impossible to navigate through the malls parking lot. Never again.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great staff"
We came out for roverfest had a great time and the service an hotel staff were just as expected, great! Thank you
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Tried checking in early and was told if I could wait 30 min my room would be ready and when I returned the person acted as if I had not been there. Then I asked if I returned later that night if I would still get the extra rollout beds I asked for, the resign of trying to check in early, and they assured me they would be there and when we got back to our room there was not any there. So some people had to sleep on the floor.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Justin
"Never again"
I normally don't take the time for surveys but I feel the need here. First, this is a former Holiday Inn that is now a Ramada. I've stayed at the HI, no joke, probably 100 nights. NEVER had a problem. As a Ramada, it's a joke. This trip: check in, walk to room. And it's a LONG walk as it's a big property. Key works, but doesn't open the door. Walk all the way back. GM says "I'll get you in". Walk back to the room. He says the lock just needs reset. Then proceeds to tell me a combination for the handle. "Try up, then down, then up, and push". Really? So he leaves and I go in: new tv. Not even connected. The cable box (complete with mounting brackets) is as yet uninstalled and just hanging off the cabinet. So, walk all the way back! Room 2 he gives me: walk in, light doesn't come on. Go to TV, "no signal". Not hooked up or programmed. Shower? Turns out it's the handicap room. Shower head comes up to about mid chest on me. Go back. Room #3! Walk in, turn switch, no light again! Turn on another light, works, turn on tv, works. Hop on computer. Uh oh. The signal is so "poor" you can barely connect! Had to try 5 times. But hey, it's late, all I wanna do is sleep. Bed was fine, pillows horrible. Square. Literally small, completely square pillows. Go in to shower in the morning. Look up. There is a filthy, almost black, wash cloth just hanging over the shower curtain. Unbelievable. So there you go. I can put up with a lot, and I'll give them a half star for trying to put new things in. That's all. And they couldn't even say "sorry for all your trouble". Not a peep. I will recommend ANY hotel in the area over this one (and I've stayed in at least 3 others). I can't believe they can have the Ramada name attached.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Confusing exits from lot."
WiFi was very poor. Cable installation material in hallways. Exit from parking lot to main rout a mess. Glad we only needed it for one night.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"wouldn't suggest it to my friends"
The staff was friendly and helpful but the hotel was in poor condition. The pool was closed. The hallways were dark. The doors had chipped paint and dents. Our air conditioner didn't work in 2 of our guest rooms. We had to constantly be fooling with it to stay on. The beds were not consistent. You would sink down in one and the other was hard as a rock. Their was a ton of construction and detours around the hotel. I would never have stayed here had I driven by the hotel before we booked.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"TERRIBLE"
Negative infinity stars!! This hotel has the worst customer service ever!!! We first arrived with a sign telling us the pool was being renovated so we would receive a full refund. This was a bummer, since we were traveling with children and this is what they were looking forward to! I proceeded to check in because they were the host hotel for my family reunion. As I'm checking in the manager is yelling at us across the room "DONT CHECK IN IF YOU AINT STAYING"... Very rude! They have a sign saying ask about our jacuzzi suites. So I figured hey the kids can play in there since there's no pool. I ask how much for an upgrade and would it be discounted for the inconvenience of having no pool. The guy said I had to wait for the manager, who has just yelled at us! She comes over with an attitude and continues to say "your options are to get a refund and stay somewhere else" So now after the back and forth with her I ask to speak with her manager, big mistake! He was completely rude and disrespectful! Not once did he attempt to rectify the situation! He had a passion for being a jerk. I stayed at a much better hotel down the street with a free jacuzzi upgrade (Quality inn) my family who did stay there complained of no hot water, dirty rooms, and dirty common areas. Many of the others took their refund and left. DONT STAY HERE EVER!!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Ms. Cook
"Nice room but everything else was lacking"
I have stayed in hotels around the world and this was the scariest one. The room was very nice. But the hotel is under renovations. The vending and ice machines didn't work. The hallway was straight out of a horror movie. Between the dim lights, holes in the walls and carpet needing to be replaced 20years ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But they had little help they could do with a place that is so miss managed. They need to shut it down, tear it down, and start over. That is the only way to fix this place.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
World Traveler
"hotel undergoing remodeling"
Because of remodeling -- construction material and deconstruction material everywhere. Pool closed. Ice machine not work. Staff not communicate with each other, inexperienced.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Very disappointed"
Very sad the pool was not open, which was one of the reasons I picked it, promised something from the front desk - find out couldn't happen - outlets were not working, no TV guide or helpful tips binder. ceiling was cracked and was told there was a recent fire, breakfast was not very appealing
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tita
"Hotel in need of repair"
Pool was closed. Hotel in disrepair. Would not give a refund for pool being closed.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Mother of two
Great Hospitality!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Bad"
When I got there they did not have the room I booked and paid for they downgraded my mom and did not give a refund or any other compensation when I arrived to the room it was 86° in there the AC did not work at all
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Fed
"Double charged for the room"
Poor administration - they had only one room reservation & I had paid you for two rooms. I paid for second room to Ramada, so I paid double for that room.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Yuck"
Not a very nice hotel, especially for the money. I would expect a room like this to be in the $45-60 range. Hotel staff was not very friendly or eager to help. The room itself was not terrible, but I definitely would NOT stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Ramada review not good"
I wanted a nonsmoking room and the room they gave us was considered nonsmoking but you can smell smoke in the room. It was a smoking room in the past. We had two room and both room the air conditioner leeked water on the floor. The lobby and hallway very dirty. The location was the only good thing. Will not stay in a Ramada again
3 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Coletta Doran
"Very rundown"
Was very disappointed. Hotel was very rundown. It was definitely in need of some TLC! I would not stay they again,
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"The most disgusting hotel in the world....seriousl"
everything about this hotel is just gross....from the dirty, stained carpet to the leaking ceilings to the peeling wallpaper to the dirty rooms to the dank smells to the 70's decor to the noisy guests to the long, dark hallways to the people playing loud music and partying in the parking lot to all hours.....well, you get the picture. Reminiscent of soviet-era state subsidized housing minus the charm.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2014
"A decent stay"
Overall it was a decent stay. Hotels.com showed $10 more for a non-smoking room compared to a smoking room. We asked the hotel staff since it did not make sense. They told the hotel itself does not do that rather it is an issue with Hotels.com charging more. Also, the pillows were way too uncomfortable. We stayed only for a night as a stopover. For such stays this should be ok. Don't expect too much from the complimentary breakfast they offer. It is just breads, cheerios and muffins.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
imac
"Do not stay here!"
There are no baseboards in hallway, just dirt.... It smells nasty. When I walked into my room there was a huge spider and web in my tub. Dirt in every corner. House keeping was rude and loud in the morning when cleaning in neighboring rooms. Blankets were not comfortable and there was no comforter. But most importantly the keypad to the door to get inside was not working! So anyone could just walk right in the hotel!
4 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Michele
"Ramada Elyria"
The management and front desk were very professional and kind. With the name Ramada, I had expected a location better and much higher maintenance standards. The place was just run down.
7 night trip May 24, 2014