All hotels in Corpus Christi, Texas, United States of America
15202 Windward Dr, Corpus Christi, TX, 78418, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

• Beach
"bunk"
"Filthy." "A rip-off."
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Raymond
"Great Hotel/ Terrible Breakfast Experience"
I came here with my daughter for a girl's getaway. The hotel front desk staff were really nice, professional, and accommodating. They let us check in early so we could be on time for horses on the beach! So much fun! The hotel on the beach was a huge plus. My only disappointment with this hotel was the "free" breakfast included with our reservation. Realistically, we were told that we only got a $20 certificate to breakfast when their breakfast buffet is $11.95 with limited choices for drinks. OJ is an extra charge per glass. On top of this, the ladies working the breakfast room had a sign that said, "Wait to be seated", but then they would act like I was dumb and tell me to seat myself. Therefore, my daughter and I and other people waited a long while before sitting down to eat when we had plans for other things to do before check out. The ladies didn't mention an extra charge for orange juice and they took a while to bring us our drinks. Unfortunately, the food also wasn't properly cooked. It made me sick enough to puke up my breakfast about an hour later and my daughter felt pretty nauseated herself. Terrible breakfast experience -- really disappointed. Everything else was great, but probably not worth the $264 we spent for our room.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Rose
"Beach hotel"
Booked through Expedia, hotel was in need of a few upgrades. Staff was friendly but room was supposed to have a view of ocean but was a small dirty window. Got refund for unused days. Beach was not private.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Average hotel on the beach"
We stayed at this hotel due to its beach access. Was great to be so close to the beach, but the rooms were just average. The furniture and carpet was a little dated and dingy. Beds were comfortable and the hotel did a good job of trying to keep things clean. This is a true challenge due to beach traffic.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Family friendly, close to Beach"
Stayed three nights. Had a wonderful time. Where else could you stay, where you can walk to the beach, rent a cabana for shade, then come back and take a dip in the pool. At 6 the live music started in the pool side bar which was quite nice. Great boardwalk to walk in the evenings. Didn't eat in the restaurant for breakfast, too expensive, but there is a convenience store just around the corner that makes fresh breakfast items really cheap. Staff were great, no problems with noise. Good to stay at a place where you could see family fun. Not a place for those expecting high end amenities. Perfect facility for those wanting a good vacation within walking distance to beach, close driving to excellent restaurants, and many places for family fun. Plan on coming back next year. This is an older Hotel, they are making renovations, so expect some areas needing attention.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Randy
Disappointed there were no balconies. Elevators extremely small and slow and one broke down for a day while we were there. Access to beach was excellent. I felt like the room was a little dumpy for the rate but I guess that's beach rate. Take your own coffee, theirs is horrible. Breakfast buffet is separate entity and definitely not Shoneys. I enjoyed the beach but was a little disappointed in the room which was advertised as a "suite".
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"They've been better..."
We typically stay at this hotel when going to Corpus due to its convenient location. In the past, service has been excellent which made up for the aging condition. This trip, renovations are underway...but, the service had declined. Sigghhhhh. Maybe the front desk staff were tired from the 4th of July traffic, but they could have been much, much more friendly. Hopefully, the renovations will include the front desk employee attitudes! Tips they can use in training...people follow the lead of leadership-so the asst manager needs to step up her game, they should smile, they should make eye contact, they should acknowledge when Rewards Members check in, the should thank you for continued patronage and most importantly, when there are problems to resolve-they should be gracious to their customers rather than snarky! I was very pleasant to them and simply expected them to treat me the same. Not too much to ask in my book. I'll give them one more shot. Fingers crossed for a return to the level of service we've received during our past trips.
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"Misleading "ocean view" and pool"
The pics of the pool make it seem like you would play while enjoying a view. You can't actually see the ocean while you are relaxing pool-side unless you stand-up and peer over the fence. There is a nice bar and they had live music on Friday night. But there isn't any actual food served at the pool ( just some chips or pickles at the smoothie bar) Our room was booked as ocean view and from the pictures you would think it was a balcony facing the ocean. We arrived disappointed to see an ocean "side view" with a close window The a/c is blocked by a curtain. It isn't immediately obvious not is there instructions provided that there is a plate to tuck he curtain behind, otherwise your room will stay a humid 78 the entire night. We also expected a couch, the website doesn't dillineate very well the differences in rooms. I'd hoped one of my small children could sleep on the couch. We had 2 full beds and had to slee with my heater of a 7 year olds elbows in my back. They offer rollaway beds, but the room Was way to small to cram that bed in. The lobby has an odor. Perhaps it can't be helped so close to the beach with wet sandy people coming in and out all day. The elevator was out of service so we had to wait in line for the one other working elevator all day. Overall the kids had a great time. These inconveniences were only noticed by the adults. The kids could not stop talking about the pool and hot tub and the beach. The hotel is very close to the beach!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
penny
"Fun on the forth"
Fun fun fun
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
Christopher
"Be careful and don't overpay for this location"
We paid a penalty for booking into this hotel late. Room was clean but pool could have been cleaner. Breakfast was about what a free motel would offer. Point of care room charge was down so you had to pay and not charge to room. However well drinks were under $4 each
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Jonathan
"HOTEL REVIEW"
Room small for cost. Hotel breakfast that was included, was sub par. Ate out one of the days instead of using our voucher. Restaurant staff lacking. Location best part of the deal. Will look for another place if I'm going to spend that kind of money.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"What looks good on the outside is not always good"
Lobby smells, carpet in room is disgusting, years of dust on carpet and wall molding behind bed and night stand. Toilet handle is the kind that you see in industrial places. Holes around plumbing in bathroom. Price was way too high to encounter this. Being close to beach is the only good thing about the hotel.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Terri
"Beach View Awesome"
When we first got to the hotel, we noticed a smell that just was awful. The hotel staff claimed to be in remodeling state but never saw any people doing remodels. The hallway to get to the room smelled awful too. They had the AC vents on top closed so the hallway was hot. We were kinda hoping the room was better, and it sure was. The room was nice and cold. It was roomy, although the restroom was a bit small. They had a safe for your valuables to be put in. The staff were very welcoming and nice towards us. They even let us check in 3 hours before check in time. The hotel is extremely close to the beach. Their pools are very nice and the bar they have outside is ok. Limited on drinks, but it was good. Overall, I liked it except for the smell throughout the hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Miklo
"Great hotel and fun."
We had fun at the beach that was frets away. I just wish there was a better restaurant.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Sandy
"Not the quality I expected..."
We arrived at the hotel after 7pm. We were assigned to a room but once we arrived at the room we discovered it had not been cleaned--the beds had not been stripped and were still unmade. There was trash in the trash cans and newspapers on the floors. Dirty towels were all over the bathroom and the sleeping area. The staff did assign us to a different room. Went for breakfast in the hotel dining room and asked to sit at a table near the window. The young lady who was greeting guests took me to a table by the window but quickly returned and said I'd have to move because the area was reserved for a large party. 5 minutes later she seated a single diner at the table. The buffet was only marginally warm and certainly not worth the price. The outdoor bar, pool and bands were extremely good and the bar staff was absolutely fabulous!! It was the by far the only bright spot of the trip and the stay at the hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great beach getaway!"
We loved that the hotel was on the beach!
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
"Hotel closes to the beach but dirty. Overpriced!!!"
I booked the room with breakfast included. However, they just gave me a coupon $20 while it was cost $11.95 each. Very disapointed!!! The carpet was damp. The floor in bath room was in full of water.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Ton
No free breakfast
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
"horrible experience"
horrible customer service. management is very unprofessional and inconsiderate. I've had better service staying at a motel 6. Room was dirty with built up feces and urine aid the toilet. Appears the hotel needs to invest in a vacuum. I will also be sending a letter in better detail to corporate of my horrible experience.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Erik
"save ur health and frustrations and book elsewhere"
horrible hotel. i felt bad for the staff as it appears management doesn't invest in hiring enough people for the amount of travelers staying at this hotel. waited hour past the check in time for room. room was moldy and smelling and horrible. i don't think its even fit for people to stay at. if you like to drink and hang out by the beach that's the ONLY thing this hotel has going for it. other than that, the pool isn't special, the hotel isn't designed for the amount of sand and water that it gets thrown on it and u can smell it everywhere. it's a disaster. wouldn't stay there again no matter what the circumstances.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Cary
"Good Location, Bad Vehicle Parking"
Having to park all the way out in the street is not at all secure and I won't be going back because of it.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
MediumRare
"awesome ......"
Location - excellent .. Staff went above and beyond expectations ... The gym was a little small .. But everything else was amazing ...
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
kathy
"Hotel stay"
Everything was great except the dining room service for breakfast. It was very slow service. Food was good. They appeared to be under staffed.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
VELMA
"On the beach but that's the best part"
The beach is the best part about this hotel. It has lovely white powder sand with few people and clear water. The room was average at best. The trash had not been changed and the previous guests pill bottle amongst other items was still in the trash can. I took the dirty ice bucket down to the front desk manager and requested a new one along with linens. The front desk trainee brought the items back up to our room and to my dismay I realized it was the exact same ice bucket due to the placement of all the sticky spots that were on it when I had taken it down in the first place. Gross!! In the reservations I stated that we had four guests and yet we received a king room with a pull out couch that had the worst mattress ever, even for a pull out couch. My gracious husband took the couch so the girls and I could sleep on the king bed, which less comfortable than expected for the cost of the room. The shower had wheelchair access and the shower seat fell down and hit my six year old on her back while she was showering leaving a nice little abrasion. Plus it was only secured to the wall with one rusty screw so beware if you use that shower seat in room 330! The Sand Bar is right next to the hotel so the extremely loud music is blaring as you pull up to check in. The front desk recieved two calls complaining about the music while I was checking in a little after 9 p.m. and the management's only response was that it would be over at 11. I didn't dare eat at the restaraunt!
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
sc
"Awesome"
Awesome 2 1/2 days! Beach was clean and water was great. Snoopy's restaurant nearby is a must go. Hotel going through a bit of construction but did not affect stay. Pool was perfect
2 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Allen
"Fun getaway"
Family had a relaxing and fun weekend getaway!
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Sonia
"VERY HELPFUL STAFF"
FIRST OF ALL THE STAFF WAS GREAT. HOWEVER, THE HOTEL WAS UNDER GOING SOME CONSTRUCTION. ONE ELEVATOR DIDN'T WORK ON THE DAY OF DEPARTURE AND OUR ROOM PHONE DIDN'T WORK. THE SUPER WAS READY TO FIX THE PHONE WITHIN MINUTES BUT I ASKED TO WAIT TILL WE LEFT SINCE WE DID STILL HAVE CELL PHONE ACCESS. ALSO HAD A VERY NOISY NEIGHBOR THAT THE SUPER ALSO TOOK CARE OF IMMEDIATELY WITH NO RECCURING ISSUES. PLUS WE WERE OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM TO SPEND THE NIGHT IN IF THE CONFLICT RESUMED. BEACH WAS GREAT. THE BREAKFAST WAS GOOD AT A MODERATE PRICE AND THE WAIT STAFF WAS FRIENDLY AND HELPFULL. WE'LL RETURN FOR A STAY BUT ONLY AFTER THE MAJOR REMODELING IS FINISHED.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
jeff
"Under Construction"
Even though the construction did not bother us...I can see why they are updating it. This is a VERY old and weathered Holiday INN. Even the gift shop needs renovating!! Probably will be beautiful when it is done...but not until.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nuce Beach, crapy hotel."
Hotel is a dump, run down, over priced. Food bad and over price. Staff were good. There has to be a better place on that beach for the money I spent. Holiday Inn you were very disappointing.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Not Good.
"great room great service"
The stay was great and the staff was welcoming and helpful. my family and I would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Close to the beach"
Very decrepit hotel, ugly bathroom and the toilet was child's hight. Comfortable beds and pillows, clean beds.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Perfect distance to the beach and had a blast at the sunny sand bar!!
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Love the location"
Location of the hotel and the outdoor amenities were excellent. The room was average (they are in the process of renovating).
2 night family trip May 13, 2015
"Staff was great!"
Staff was excellent! The only problem I had was with the carpet in the room. It was sour smelling. I know this is from where people leave their wet clothes/bathing suits on the floor. I would suggest tiles in the rooms. Great view & beach was clean. Pool area was clean & great!
4 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Debra
"Nice, but not happy, remodel still on"
ut not satisfied remodeling going on flies in the restaurant the bathroom there is there a Roaches
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Padre Island Paradise"
Exceptional service from front desk staff. Would stay here again just for customer service
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
JAIME
"Dirty, expensive! No no no"
Very dirty hotel, restaurant serves coffee that looks and tastes old, plus dirty dishes. They keep saying it is because of renovation process, I disagree! You either have clean dishes or you don't! Don't go!
Other trip May 10, 2015
fox
"a very disatisfied guest!"
The hotel was going through renovation, so i understood the mess. But our hotel room was not what the reservation stated! It read ocean veiw and all we saw was a scaffold and nasty rooftop! I called the front desk to see if my wife and I can get another room. The front desk personnel stated that all rooms were fully booked and that there was nothing she can do about it. So I told her ok and that I understood. But when my wife and I went outside to the bar, the parking lot was empty. I thought to myself its early and maybe its not check in time. Several hours later, the parking lot was still empty!hmm?! Also, the room was outdated.needless to say, we will NEVER stay at this hotel again!
1 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
"Great Getaway !!"
Upon arrival and check in I asked if my room had a gulf view and was told my room would not have one..I then asked how much for an upgrade and was given one for free..and she was very polite as it took a few minutes to find what i requested. On the last day while on a fishing trip i called for a later checkout and was gladly extended 3 hours so i may continue fishing..will I be back again? Heck Yes !!!
2 night trip May 4, 2015
robert
"Renovation Coming Along"
Hotel is definitely worn as mentioned in other reviews. The renovation is coming along slowly it seems. The hotel is in a great location and has great potential. Hotel was fully booked Saturday night. Staff was courteous. My only complaint is pool area is small and doesn't have enough lounge chairs for guests. Pool area is in need of update as well. Having said all that, the hotel location trumps all. They are trying!
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
"beach getaway"
Hotel is undergoing renovation and upgrade. Should be very nice when complete. Staff was excellent. Not designed for luxury but a great comfortable beach hotel.
5 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
Sue Ellen
"Hotel close to the beach"
This was an okay stay the hotel room services was horrific it took over an hour to get our food and even then it came up in two different deliveries and we could not even eat it was by far the worst food I have had. I will go back to the beach but will not stay here again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Awesome location if you get the right room."
Hotel is being slowly renovated - some things are updated and others need to be. We upgraded to an ocean front room and it was awesome - right over the beach and with a good balcony. WiFi and shower head are good, breakfast is not included but the restaurant was open when we were there. It is a quirky place - the hotel is quite old and very slowly getting modernized, but the location made our stay very enjoyable. Try to get an ocean front room or one on the south side, as I believe the view of north side rooms is partially blocked by a hotel next door that is not seen in the published photos.
3 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Myron
"On the beach"
30th anniversary & I wanted to be on the beach. Thats what I got.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
NANETTE
"Ok hotel on the beach"
The hotel was nice for being on the beach. I love the beach, the pool, the hot tub and the convenient outdoor showers. However, the restaurant was too expensive. I did not like the "free" $20 breakfast. Ok hotel overall.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
mia
Really great location right on the beach. Live band on the night I was there. Renovations going on inside; however that didn't bother me at all. Great hotel!
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
"Excellent views!"
Excellent ocean views!! Worth the extra money to wake up to the ocean sunrise! My only complaint is hotel very worn and in need of update. The hotel is currently under renovation so it appears they are addressing the issue already.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Latisha
"ok"
Everything was good
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Javier
"Worst stay every"
Holes in the carpet, broken furniture in the room, construction going on in the room next store, vending machine on the 6th floor does not work (will take your money, but not dispense anything). I would never stay here again! You can stay across the street at much nicer accommodations for much less money.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Joel
"disappointment"
I was stock in the elevator, the room wasn't clean enough, the building was very old,
Other trip Apr 19, 2015