All hotels in Mattoon, Illinois, United States of America
300 Broadway Avenue E, Mattoon, IL, 61938, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"Amish Trip"
General Manager was rude, answering the desk phone AND his personal cell phone while we were standing in front of him, waiting to check in to the room. Took nearly 15 minutes to check-in on a pre-paid room. We were told that the entire pool area (which includes nearly all the common areas in the hotel) was "reserved". We had takeout pizza from local place, and NO table in the room, nor restaurant in the hotel, and were going to sit there to eat. Hotel was dark and loud. Only a single-serve coffe maker in the room. Breakfast was low-end of continental fare.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"excellent pool, ok rooms"
Went for a family vacation. Enjoyed the nice pool. Rooms ok for this older hotel. Had difficulty since we did not book direct, and had to pay a surcharge to get the rooms we wanted. Lesson learned....
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2014
mattb
"Nice, clean hotel!"
Nice hotel! Beautiful pool area! Room was clean the only thing that could have been better was the breakfast. Very close to restaurants and places to shop!
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Gina
"Nice hotel lobby and pool. Beds were comfy"
After a long drive it was nice that they let us check in early. Kids hit the pool and we got some quiet time!
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Deb
Large, heated pool is well maintained
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"DaysInn"
Clean friendly They were having computer problems the time I was checking in
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
"ROOM"
We had to ask to change rooms because the heat wasn't working right, and of course I had to pay more but I didn't say anything because I had my grandchildren with me and I wanted them to be warm. After getting things settled I went into the rest room to put on my swimsuit, and noticed that there was feces on the wall, I went to the front desk to complain but no one was there, so I went and bought disinfectant wipes and cleaned it myself, then the water wouldn't drain out of the tub and of course no one at the front desk again so I started cleaning around the plug to see if it would drain and I pulled a half of a small paper cup of hair out and the water drained out, needless to say I was a little apprehensive about the beds but had no choice but to stay because it was late and there were no more hotels available. Yes I reported it when I went to check out and all the gentleman could say and I QUOTE " what is feces(so I told him) so house keeper not doing her job! I was going to refuse to pay for the room but he had already charged my credit card and I had to get my granddaughter to her cheer completion and was running out of time. Also they don't go 8 feet from entrance to smoke they just step out the door and the hall smells of it terribily.
Other trip Jan 22, 2014
"Escape from the winter storm"
Due to the major ice storm the expressways became dangerous. We pulled off the expressway and Days Inn was the only hotel that had rooms left. We booked it. The General Mgr was the only person working at the desk and took 15 minutes per person. The pipes froze in some rooms and electricity was affected. The Gen Mgr did his best to accommodate reservations. We did get a room with an outside entrance, there was no heat, only cold air.The heater was off when we entered the room. It was very cold. We bought a heater and wool socks from Walmart and placed the heater in front of the cold air from their heater. After two hours it was warm. Considered ourselves lucky to have a room, even this one. Suggestion-Don't shut your heaters off in the rooms when it is 25 below wind chill.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2014
Hotel was great and the hosts were amazing.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2014
"Stop over"
We go every year for anauction,the rooms r small but price is right,
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Charlie
"Nice, clean hotel."
The value was excellent for the hotel. I live in Mattoon, and my girlfriend spent 4 nights here. The room was warm, clean and the facilities were in good shape. I would reccomend this place over the Super 8 hotel.
4 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
Rod
"Best place."
We had a chance to book our stay in this AWESOME HOTEL. My family and I had quite a time. The staff deserves an ovation. They are very friendly and kind. Thank you so much for making us feel at home. I recommend this hotel to everyone. The pool is wonderfull and very clean. You will not be disappointed.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Rosalio Gonzalez
"Leary"
Upon arrival we were very leary of "what we were getting into". It was late afternoon and the lobby was dark and windows were dirty. There was a older man at the reception desk that advised us that the fee we paid on line did not cover the fact that we had dogs with us - though the registration said "pet friendly" and the phone discussion when making reservations covered the fact that pets would accompany us. An additional $30 fee was paid to cover the presence of the pets. The inside of the facility and the room was clean but the exterior was not well maintained nor were the exterior waste containers emptied during our stay even thou they were full when we arrived.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"fly out stay"
We used this mostly to park the car for a couple weeks. The motel is nothing great but the staff is friendly. We used the shuttle to and from the airport without a problem. This place is a little hard to find in the dark.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
julie
"Don't stay for the pool!"
We were very disappointed in our stay here. The reason we picked this hotel was for it's "heated indoor pool" This was not the case. The pool was freezing and not just uncomfortable, but not usable for children. Despite our complaint, and many others to have it fixed, we were not surprised that the problem was not resolved as promised. The pool was not the only problem, our bathroom door would not close and half the power in the room (outlets and lamps) did not work either. They did not have any type of first aid kit on hand when it was needed in fact gave me a hard time just to get a band aid. Last but not least the staff is very rude and they do not make themselves available so you can forget calling the front desk if you need something. The last straw for us was when my husband went to check us out and as he started to voice his concerns with our stay the manager (owner) just walked away in the middle of the conversation, and nothing was done about any of it. He simply was unwilling to deal with any complaints???
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
M
Creepy
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great stay, friendly staff!"
A few friends and I stayed at the Days Inn Mattoon while we were visiting our alma mater, EIU, for the weekend. The staff was very nice and the room was clean. We were right in front of the pool and wish we had brought our bathing suits. Everything was very nice, clean and affordable.
1 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2013
"Pool and facilities great, but room disappointing"
When we got to our room, we flipped the light switch on and nothing happened. Had to wander around in the dark trying to find a lamp to turn on. I told the front desk in the morning and didn't give me any reason to believe that this was out of the ordinary.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"Clock Not Set"
This an old Holiday Inn, that has seen it best days. Ran on the Cheap, I would guess. It needs a complete updating. The thing I will think about this place, the clock in the room was not set, but blinking Seems to say it all.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Russ
"Don't stay here"
The walls are paper thin! Even though the pool closes at 10pm there were kids in it till 12am and I could here them yelling until I finally fell asleep. Also the breakfast was awful. Cereal and bagels that felt like playdoh.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Kaili
I will just need to say I was very disappointed!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Great pool, but they kept almost all the rooms on the inside near the pool area empty. All travelers were given outside rooms. Since it was raining this wasn't so great. I wish I would of paid the extra ten dollars to get a king bed, the full size one was uncomfortable. The air conditioner made lots of noise and kept us awake. They would not let the gentleman ahead of me checking in use his Travel Buddy coupon, even though the hotel was almost empty.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"You get what you pay for!"
The price was not right. I don't expect much for cheap, but clean rooms and soft towels are always a plus! The motel has been updated but is very shabby, not chic. Spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere else.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
BW
We did not have a very pleasant start to our stay. We asked if we could check in early due to the wedding rehearsal we were going to attend. At first we were told possibly about 2:00. Then when my son checked back in he was told he would have to produce the credit card. The room had already been paid for. I had requested a first floor room, and was told only reservations made directly with the hotel could make special requests and if I wanted a first floor room it would be $20 more. The stay went down hill from there.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Disappointed Grandmothr
"Expected more for the price but would stay again"
I would stay here again since it is the cheapest on the site however I expected more for the price. The lounge was shut down. The front desk girl had pretty bad english and was hard to understand even though she was studying to for college courses. She treated me like a college kid and said several times to be sure to come to front desk and notify them if I have anyone else in the room. I am happily married and wouldn't bring anyone to my room however If I did I sure wouldn't want to ask permission. TV's are old and carpet stained. The pros are that it is walking distance to a decent mexican restaurant and that they did give me a ground floor room as requested.
3 night trip Sep 6, 2013
spartan
"weekend in Mattoon"
The hotel was in a good location, the pool was amazing, and the hotel staff was pleasant, however the actual room itself.... My wife, myself and 2 jids came last year to same hotel and stayed in a Dbl bed, this labor day weekend my wife & I stayed again and were in a king size this stay. The bed was very uncomfortable and outdated, the room itself had the horrible smell of wet dogs, and to top it off, the ac didn't get the room below 80 degrees and the temp outside was in the upper 90"s, to say the least, our stay wasn't too good, but the pool was great!
3 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Malcolm
"Great value"
Comfy bed and pillows, nice shower, clean room, easy parking and access to your room, very cool atrium. Can't beat this place for the price!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Fireman
"No elevator"
We got there around 10p for our pre-paid double room. The front desk clerk told us that all double rooms are upstairs on the 2nd floor. If climbing stairs with your luggage is not feasible, look for another hotel nearby that has elevator.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
overnight stay
"Good value for a reasonable price"
Rooms are clean and comfortable, and a good value for the price. Some common in-room "basics" are not provided here (blow dryers, iron/ironing board, luggage rack, free shampoo/conditioners, etc.) but that was not a major inconvenience for us. The hotel itself is clean and well-maintained. The decor is not trendy, but it's nicely updated and furnished. The pool facility is very nice, but it did had limited hours that made it difficult for us to access. There is no food service here (the on-site restaurant has closed, which is a shame) but a basic breakfast bar is offered for guests - pastries, cereal, coffee, juice, no fruit or hot food. That said, the most impressive part of our stay was the warm welcome that we received here. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The manager was especially accommodating to our needs, and went out of his way to make sure that we were satisfied. This was in stark contrast to the indifferent experience I had couple of weeks earlier at a different, comparably priced chain hotel in the same town. When I return to Mattoon again, my first choice will be this Days Inn.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Frequent traveler
"Middle of Town"
Quite acceptable for our 5 night stay. The Inn was quiet on the whole.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
We were there for Horse Progress Days in Arcola. The staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfy. Loved that it was pet friendly as our Rotti was able to stay also. Had an all around great time.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Connie
"Reveals its age despite attempts to renovate"
I chose Days Inn over Super 8 based on photos of the room which appeared a bit more modern at Days Inn. The room was fairly clean except for a dead fly on the desk. The most disturbing part for me was the ceiling in my room was covered with water spots. Although you could tell they were painted over, there was obviously some extensive damage, making for an unsettling night's sleep. Breakfast was okay, simple...cereal, pastries, oatmeal, coffee, tea, milk & juice but there were a few apples you could tell were beginning to wilt.
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2013
"Update!!"
This hotel is fine if you just need a place to sleep for a night or 2, but a quality stay can be found better elsewhere. The rooms are a throw back from the 70s. Carpet, paint, bedspreads, etc. Really need to update the rooms!!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
amy
"Not the best hotel I've stayed at"
The hotel was older then I realized. I was traveling alone with 2 children and was upset that the room door was outside. Half of the rooms are accessible from inside the hotel. The other half are on the outside. The staff seemed friendly. Room was clean, but had a very strange odor.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Stacey
"extra cost for pets"
Although this Days Inn came up as "pet friendly" in my search for hotels, they charged extra money once I arrived, beyond what I had prepaid on hotels.com. The first room they put me in smelled really strongly of pet urine. The second room smelled much better, but the back sink area smelled a bit bad.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
cvb
"Very close to Charleston"
Very clean. Staff was very nice. Was unable to get there until late and they held my room.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"ok for kids; not for me"
This is an older motel, a former "Holidome." There are no elevators. It is well-maintained.When I booked this, I requested an inside room. I paid at the time of booking. When I arrived, the manager said an inside room would be an extra $20 PER NIGHT!!! I chose this motel because of the price. I said I didn't want to pay the up charge but explained that I travel to Mattoon 2 or 3 times a year. This was the first time I have been unable to negotiate an upgrade! It would be a great place to stay for travelers with children; the indoor pool area is large and lush. I will NOT be staying there again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2013
Leon
"had a hard time finding the place"
it was fine once we found it. We went 12miles past it,
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
len
"Nice hotel close to relatives and friends."
Hotel and staff were good. The negative experience we had upon checking in and the room we thought we reserved and had already paid for wasn't available and we were charged an additional $20 per night for the handicap access we needed for my mother.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"Review of Hotel"
We booked this hotel because it allowed pets as we have a very small dog. We did not realize that there was an extra Pet Fee so that was frustrating. We also did not realize that because of this we would be put in a room that had a gross smell & stains ALL over the carpet. Not to mention the terrible location. There was garbage and stuff all over the outside. This room was located in front of what used to be the outdoor pool. The landscaping in this area was horrible. There was weeds and stuff all over. We felt like we were in the ghetto. The beds and bathroom were decent and the breakfast in the morning was ok. Just didn't like the extra fee and the location of the room. Nor did we like the condition of the room regarding the smell and the stains all over the carpet.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Angie
"You get what you pay for!"
This hotel was very disappointing. The check in was long eventhough we arrived late. There were a lot of walk-ins. The room was clean but very small the double bed was horrific. Overall, the hotel needs a serious makeover.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Brenda
everything was wonderful.....when we checked in I asked if I could have an interior room (the hotel was not fully booked) he said that would be $10.00 extra in cash. This has never happened to me before and we travel alot!
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
sandy
"it was ok"
great value for the money
1 night business trip May 31, 2013
"very disattisfied"
We got there and flushed the toilet about 10 minutes into our stay. It started flooding the room . We couldn't stop it. Tried to call front desk. The phone didn't work, I ran to the office and told him. He was on the phone and I yelled our room is flooding. We took our stuff and left. The carpet was all wet and probably the bedding. Horrible.........
1 night trip May 4, 2013
"Weekend stay with family"
The hotel was ran down in need of a lot of repairs. Didn't feel safe in the place.
Other trip May 15, 2013
"good value for room however..."
Our stay was nice, the room clean and well kept, however we indicated at check in that we would be swimming. We were then placed in an OUTSIDE access room far away from the pool. It was very apparent that there were many, many, many rooms with interior access to the pool area available. It seems that a little more courtesy could have been taken to place us in an interior room so that my kids wouldn't have to run through 35 degree weather to get back to our room. Again it was very apparent that the hotel was NOT BUSY/BOOKED FULL and we could have been easily accommodated.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
Kara
Very nice hotel, no complaints at all.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2013
"Good deal for the money"
Older hotel but well kept. Wonderful staff, a bitt out ot the way.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
Katie
"Consistent & Reasonable"
Stayed here many times. Predictable, clean, and very reasonable.
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Buck
"Pet owners beware."
The pet fee is $25, not $15 as advertised on hotels.com. The staff had trouble processing my payment because of hotels.com. "Dog rooms" outdoor area is filthy. Will not be back.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2013