All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
5401 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17050, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"need improvement"
room was clean,entrance door has large gap on bottom sweep and doorknob edge side allows wind and insects in,shower control, shower head- when u go to turn on water whole body moves, tub spout also. im from a maintenance engineering backround. control needs to be secure and water proof seal application.if u are in need of a qualified individual to oversee maintenance mechanical and housekeeping id be glad to entertain a position within Radisson, R H
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Enjoyed my stay"
Stayed for 2 nights for Spring Carlisle car show. Even on low heat the fan ran fast and all night only needed a little heat was noisy. Refrigerator was not really cold had to put my beer in ice to keep it cold. Everything was great.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
RAY
"Nice hotel close to my destination."
I needed a hotel in the Mechanicsburg area due to impending inclement weather. I found this hotel on line and although the selection of rooms was limited, it worked out well for me. The room I received was as described on line and the arrangements that I made were all in place when I arrived. The limited interaction that I had with the staff was very positive and friendly.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Perfect hotel for our 1 night stay. Close to everything that we did. The sports bar in the hotel was excellent. Food was great, service wasn't the best.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
Chrystal
"Much older than it appears in pictures."
You can't tell from the pictures, but the rooms are all "outside access" as with old, cheap motels. The front of the hotel looks nice, but then you go to park and realize that there are no elevators and the stair cases are old and rusting. The room itself was fine- clean but basic. But to get anywhere you have to venture out into the elements, which in December are not very inviting, and makes going to the pool problematic. Which is fine, I guess, because the indoor pool is tiny- basically three short lap lanes. No way is this a three star hotel.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry to hear we failed to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
We ended up not staying at the hotel. We checked in to find that the inn had outside room doors, versus inside the hotel. Nowhere on line is that indicated. In the room there were roaches on the wall / ceiling. And muddy footprints in the bathroom. The room was dirty, and smelled like smoke.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
We appreciate your feedback and we were sorry to see you go. Should you be in the area again please look us up.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Very nice place."
The room was very clean and the bed was wonderful. They even had a rubber ducky in the bathroom. Made us smile as soon as we got there.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Ann
The front desk staff were good, but the property left much to be desired. No sound-proofing, so conversations outside of rooms or from other rooms could be heard. Large semi trucks driving in and out of the property all night. Pulled a towel off a towel bar and the bar fell off the wall. The only good things were the shower head and bath linens. Seemed more like a truck stop or motel.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your guest feedback.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Nothing has changed since previous owners _ Holiday Inn. Décor is same as it was - when we used to stay for car shows in 2002-2003. Cable set up for internet - my IPad was useless.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
The rooms were very dingy and old. .. The bathroom was nasty.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Ok hotel"
Location was great and staff was friendly. The pool was also nice. Our room was disappointing. First thing I noticed was there was an old tv, not the flat screen, newer model tv's that were in the photos.. We then went to put some stuff in the fridge and it was not working. I will say that I called the front desk and they had it replaced within an hour. The biggest disappointment was the bathroom. It was filthy. Behind the toilet and corners of the bathroom looked like they had not been cleaned in months. The tub needed a scrub, and there was hair on the floor. It was also tiny. Some bleach and about 10 minutes would make a world of difference in there. The one good thing about the bathroom was the shower head. It was wonderful to have a shower head with different settings that worked well! The rest of the room was fairly clean and beds were comfortable.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Shelly
"Park Inn"
The room wasn't clean or nice. I stayed there for a wedding and the other rooms I visited were not nice either. There was a must smell, furniture was dirty, and the soap in the bathroom was already used.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was what I would consider less than acceptable. Please reach out to us at the hotels to make this right!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Jm
"Meh..."
The hotel is a sprawling complex of several buildings. We don't mind walking a lot, so the fact that our room was in the farthest building wasn't a problem, but it might be a challenge to someone of limited mobility. In the "minus" column: no coffee bar and no place to get coffee unless you walk across the busy highway to Dunkin Donuts or to Denny's a couple of doors down. (The breakfast buffet was only for a private group.) Housekeeping banged on the door to clean the room very early - we were still asleep so the rude awakening was not welcome. Front desk staff was not helpful or knowledgeable about where to get coffee, whether the attached night club had entertainment, where to eat dinner, etc. The HVAC unit in the room was loud and we had to turn it off because of the noise. In the "plus" column, there are two pools (outdoors was closed) but the exercise room has two treadmills, two ellipticals and a recumbent bike. We expected more for the price we paid, but the basics were all there (i.e., hot water, adequate beds, clean room.)
2 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Hershey Car Show attendee
"Clean but not a great place for travelers."
This is a large facility that is showing some age. One of the outer stairways to the second floor was roped off because of damaged concrete. Our room was clean but the area is noisy. A lot of the adjoining rooms were occupied by construction workers, so it wasn't family friendly. Considering the price, I would not rate this as a bargain by any means.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the valuable feedback!
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Carl
"It was ok"
The location was great! Had lots of restaurants, gas stations and big stores around it. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk outside to go to the pool. And then the pool wasn't heated eventho it's inside. I didn't really understand the purpose in that. The pool was freezing. Also they have a restaurant/bar/club at the hotel and people park in whatever parking lot they like. People going to the club or restaurant should park somewhere else. Other than that it was an ok stay.
3 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
"Rooms over the night club???"
We arrived at 11 PM on a Friday night and the person at the check-in desk was thoughtful enough to mention that the room we were booked in was over the bar/night club and that they had music until 2:45 AM. We didn't think that would be a problem. Then as we climbed the stairs carrying our luggage (no elevator) and entered the first hallway (with conference rooms, etc.) and through another door to the hall with the rooms we could hear the music loud and clear and see the people on the upper deck of the bar. No one would have been able to sleep with that noise. Thank goodness he quickly offered us another room (way around back away from everything). We just can't figure why they would have rooms over the bar--why weren't only the conference rooms located there?
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Basically OK"
The staff was friendly and accommodating, but housekeeping skipped our room altogether after the first of 4 nights (had to call the desk), the toilet flusher was defective, and shower hot & cold were reversed. Everything else so-so, OK for an older facility. Service in the lobby restaurant was negligent during our one and only meal there-- had to go find the server to order, and again to get our bill. The food took about 30 minutes to arrive in a nearly empty restaurant. Plenty of other restaurants nearby, though.
3 night trip Oct 9, 2013
JBT
"I was looking for the hay in the mattress"
Overall, pretty darn bad. The Motel was a sixties throw back and the hotel was dilapidated with some newer paint to hide the cracks from the years of wear.The room was clean, but the screechy bed was a complete joke along with the chicklet pillows. My opinion is that they bought the mattresses from a 50 year old camp ground. Didn't sleep a wink in spite of two Unisoms. I don't care how nice the room is if you can't sleep. Avoid this motel if unless you can sleep in a bomb shelter. I was considering sleeping on the wet grass.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you if I can be of assistance. David McCord AGM Park Inn
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Great staff"
Great staff we had our kids there and they helped us wih anything we needed!
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Nasty, dirty, poorly kept, old."
Room was filthy, besides the dust bunnies on the vanity countertop, the carpet is nasty, the bathroom at best was wiped down with a wet paper towel. The tv is really nice. The doors open to the outside and don't close entirely. I was awakened not by an alarm but the sound of traffic and the sink backing up with sewer!! This hotel (motel) is one of the worst I've been in since the last time I trusted an expedia review. I checked out after the first of a two night booking. Do not book a room here.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Ruined a perfectly good barn"
Beds were horrendous and the pillows were chicklets. I got absolutely no sleep. Hay would have made for a better bed. Nice LCD tv though. Never ever again at any price because a good night sleep is priceless.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve our operation.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
"unkempt and dirty"
I stayed at this hotel after a friends wedding with the bride, groom, and the rest of the bridal party. I stayed here at the suggestion of the bride, and what a mistake that was! There were 'hairs' all over the bathroom floor, the shower didn't drain, the curtains didn't even close properly(we ended up using the boutonniere pins to hold the curtains shut)! In addition, there were broken beer bottles in the 'vending' area that didn't have any vending. I guess this is what you get when the place is connected to a bar.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Old buildings"
The buildings were old but fairly well kept. Staff was good and service was fine.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
i enjoyed the stay and the hotel offerings. I loved the outside deck and grill. Fireplaces out side the bar was awsome!
2 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Not 3 stars!"
Service was okay. The room was dingy and not clean, as in cobwebs, sock on floor under bed. No hotel or local information in room. Bare basics.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Harvey
"Good Motel"
We visited the Park motel for a weekend getaway, and was very pleased with the motel. The bed was very firm, which we liked. The pools were very clean, but were cold so we couldn't do a lot of swimming which was very disappointing. It had a lot of adult activities on site, the night club was a blast and the food at Legends was very good. The location on the Carlisle Pike was great for shopping and finding lots of places to eat.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
"good location"
stay was nice,housekeeping only made bed , didn,t replace ice liner, or vaccum during stay, overall the stay was pleasant, would go back again, The was a little pricey, for the condition,
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"One of the nicest Inns ever!!!"
My family went on a 3 1/2 week trip from Maine down the East Coast to Penn, then westward to Illinois, then diagonal to Florida...we stayed in hotels, motels, and Inns for 23 nights on our trip... The Park Inn was one of the BEST ones that we stayed at during our trip. The staff was awesome, very helpful, courteous, clean, and accommodating. They always had a friendly smile and a willingness to say hi or stop and chat. The place was clean, peaceful and restful. They have a great restaurant and bar on site, and the food was EXCELLENT! My three teenage boys loved it here! We could even do laundry, and sit out on the porch and chat with other people. A very pleasant stay, I would HIGHLY recommend The Park Inn to anyone traveling that way!!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Sylvia
"Close to food, shopping and half hr from hershey p"
Hotel was clean, quiet atmosphere. Convenient spot for food, gas and shopping
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
vernique
"Not bad, but wouldn't stay here again"
When we checked in we were informed our room was above "the club". I didn't think it was a big deal since I'm a heavy sleeper and, come on, it's a hotel club outside of Harrisburg, PA. What we soon realized was that the walls are extremely thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. Not only did we hear the music and practically every conversation taking place in the club until 2AM, but we heard the staff cleaning up, our neighbor's every move and the water running in the bathroom. Also, the bed was pretty rock hard.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Jade
"Wonderful place to stay"
can't say anything negative. hotel staff was accommodating to changing type of room and then crediting for last night as we left early! Clean room, beautiful grounds. Pleasant experience all around. DEFINATELY staying here again, even if it adds a little time to work trip. WORTH THE STAY
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
MARBLELIFENEPA
"The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. I"
I was very disappointed in this hotel. It is in terrible need of remodeling and updating. The doors don't seal tight and it isn't inside corridors. I was in 3 different rooms and they were all about the same old and in need of updating. On the positive side it is family friendly with a playground, miniature golf, and volleyball nets.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Great spot between Hershey & Gettysburg"
The location is perfect for visiting both Hershey and Gettysburg. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. This is truly a motel on a large plot of land right off the hwy. Our son really enjoyed the amenities; indoor and outdoor pool, mini golf, volleyball and the open park like space in the back. Radison could pump a few more dollars into this place and it would be really nice.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Fran B.
"Not bad"
Room was not ready upon check-in, but wound up being a pretty good stay. Rooms aren't too bad, area is not too great, not much to do around hotel.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
I had travel with my kids and they enjoyed there stay.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
The room was clean, comfortable and in good shape. No complaints.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Dated but clean."
Staff was friendly. Room was dated but clean. Bed was comfortable.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Deb
"Nice hotel close to shopping & attractions."
The staff was very helpful with any question we had & anything we needed for our stay. The hotel was in an excellent location, close to everything. We were there to go to the Carisle Fairgrounds for a truck show & to go to Hershey. It is centrally located for our needs. We plan to go back next year & stay here again!
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Decent Hotel, Nice Staff and Dog Friendly"
It started off bad. I reserved 3 rooms was hoping for 2 adjoined rooms (since my 2 children were staying in the other room with my mother-in-law) but got 3 rooms which were each adjoined with other rooms but not to each other. The rooms we were given although "non-smoking" smelled like someone had smoked in it more than once and tried to cover it up with air-freshener. I tried to call the front desk but the phone in my room wasn't working. I called from another room and they sent someone over and walked us to check another 3 rooms 2 adjoining and truly non-smoking. The rooms were nice with 2 double beds in each room. The staff was super nice and accommodating. Major reason for staying at this hotel was because it was dog friendly. If I had to go on another trip with my dog I could see myself staying there again. Pool closes at 10 and we never had a chance to use it but they have an indoor and outdoor pool which looked nice.
Sal
"Decent, clean, good restaurant"
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant has very good food. Rooms were clean. Hotel in general is outdated and really needs a facelift! Close to many restaurants and conveniently located. Would come back again.
kim
"Pennsylvania"
Beds clean, staff courteous. Not much more than a stopover on a family vacation, the hotel was not intended to be the destination or primary focus of the trip. For this reason I am reticent to discuss the stay overall as it was simply a place to stay while visiting another area.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Nice hotel close to Hershey."
Very nice experience for our first time in the area.
"Mixed feelings"
At first impressions is a nice place... the pools and grounds are very nice. it's a very reasonably price place. very big hotel. you get what you pay for with this place. there is no perks. I would recommend it in a pinch or if you had a very large group of people and like to party. they have picnic tables and it's a good place to party out side with your friends. but as far as "nice" it's not, it's more of a party place for large groups. I didn't hate it, but i probably wouldn't ever stay there again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Location and courtesy"
Problem-free stay. On arrival we saw the large wedding party and requested a room far away - done! Easy to get to many Central PA locations. Breakfast at Bob Evans across the street and a nightcap in the Legends Sports Bar.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Eddie
"Decent hotel to stay"
Overall it was good, but wirelss connection was flaky.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Park Inn is OK"
Stayed here for 5 days from Sunday-Thursday during our vacation to Hershey Park and Washington DC. Facility is dated but for the rate it was reasonable. Staff was friendly (Rachael?) and area appeared safe and clean. Our request for two adjoining rooms was granted and parking space was always available in front of our rooms. Many fast food places, grocery store and restaurants nearby. We often arrived to our rooms very late at night (1-2am) and lighting made you feel safe. Nights were quiet. Housekeeping staff integrity noted as we left many electronic devices laying around. The only complaint was the lack of service to one rooms the last two nights.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Art
"Not good for the price"
Went there for 2 days and had booked room with King Size beds as mentioned on Expedia. Reached there and find out they don't have any King beds available. Was too tired to call Expedia so instead went with the Queen size bed. Again, decent place but we expected lot more for the price.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Ritesh
The staff were very friendly. Only a 30 min drive to Hershey, 10 min drive to Harrisburg, 30 min drive to Gettysburg, and 45 min drive to Lancaster. The hotel was very clean. You could tell the hotel is getting old, but still in great condition. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again. Several eating places around the neighborhood and the hotel has a restaurant downstairs. The pools were clean and I loved how they leave towels for you at the pool areas and the fitness center. Thank you for making my family feel welcomed.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2013
M Dalton
"Great place, especially for the price."
Very enjoyable, especially for the price. Our kids loved the outdoor pool. There was also an indoor pool. We were about 25 minutes from Hershey Park. It was a nice mini-vacation.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2013
"Not what I expected..."
A wonderful place to take a hooker or your mistress but nothing more. What a dump....
Other trip Jul 22, 2013