All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
5401 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17050, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very poor hotel-will not recommend it to my enemy"
I stayed in this MOTEL with my family. It was the worst lodging we ever had. First the motel is advertised as a hotel whereas it is a motel. The service is very poor. Our first night the sink was clogged when we checked in, the toilet not flushing and the toilet seat moves around when sit on it. We called to complain but the guy that came in said he was not a maintenance person. So, he couldn't do anything. The second day we notified the reception again and they came to fix it. Throughout our stay the room was not cleaned once. We were told it was a weekend and they only had two housekeeping staff and they could not clean all the rooms. Our stay was terrible. It would be better sleeping in our car.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Park Inn by Radisson standards.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Ayodele
"2nd time here"
This is not a 4 star hotel but I love it. Its family friendly. Has everything u need. Fridge, microwave, indoor & outdoor pools. Restaurant & bar next door. Staff went out of his way for his. Thanx Josh!!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Anabel
"Limited Wi-Fi"
Kept kicking all my Wi-Fi devices off line and would not let reconnect to the internet. Limited bandwidth to the internet? Must be because we were still connected to Wi-Fi signal but no internet connection. As large as this facility is, the internet provider should supply enough bandwidth for both internet and phone connections. Too bad this was a black mark... Oh, no breakfast provided, not even continental.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
JMAC
"Great family hotel"
Kids had a great time swimming in the indoor pool. Wish we had more downtime to enjoy the outdoor pool and mini golf course. Both of which were beautiful. Our room was a standard two double bed room with mini fridge and microwave. My only complaint is that the microwave didn't actually heat up our food. (We brought leftovers back from diner) Besides that everything was perfect. Just FYI, this is more of a motel set up, with rooms that open to the parking lot. If that's ok with you, this hotel is a great deal!!!
Rochelle
Great place to go with your family!!! We loved it! Kids loved the pool it was a bit cold but worth it. It was a bit far from Hershey park but it had everything you need around it like restaurants, gas stations, etc. The staff were great and room service was good. They were fast with the food but the soda wasn't that great.
sue
Way too noisy people screaming till 2 am
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Great place but really small shower stalls."
Facilities are nice, staff was great. Just glad I'm not a big person, my morning shower was in the smallest shower stall I've ever been in.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Jean
"Noisy Hotel with Outdoor Bar Cover Charge"
With this hotel, you get a little less than you pay for. Honestly if you are thinking about selecting this hotel because it is 20$ cheaper, just spend a little extra if possible. The rooms are not fully cleaned and the rooms are very noisy from the highway. Did you look at the pictures of the outdoor bar and think that it would be a great place to hang out? Be prepared to spend a 5$ cover per person just to get inside to your own hotel's bar and the front desk will NOT waive the cover fee. I've never written a negative hotel review before - but after this experience I have to advise you to look elsewhere.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Anonymous
"Clean and Attentive"
Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was very good. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
Charlie
Reserved a room in advance when I got there they said we are unable to provide that room, the room then given was poorly kept.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
We were really just there for a very quick overnight stay/place to sleep between two long tournament days.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
The outside of the hotel needs major work but the rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly. Both pool areas are nice and the minature golf course was ok.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Hotel
"Friendly staff"
We enjoyed our stay. Did not appreciate housekeeping knocking on the door at 9am to see if we were still there. Check out was noon. The restaurant and bar were very nice.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Kristine H.
"Falling apart"
The building is on its last legs. The campus is to big for the small staff to manage. We were kept up until 4am by a bunch is drunken firemen and fire equipment salesmen.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
"Carlisle Spring Show"
Great place to stay for the Spring Car Show at Carlisle. Plenty of room for car and Trailer and the staff were so helpful with Faxes,etc. Would stay again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Catt
"need improvement"
room was clean,entrance door has large gap on bottom sweep and doorknob edge side allows wind and insects in,shower control, shower head- when u go to turn on water whole body moves, tub spout also. im from a maintenance engineering backround. control needs to be secure and water proof seal application.if u are in need of a qualified individual to oversee maintenance mechanical and housekeeping id be glad to entertain a position within Radisson, R H
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Enjoyed my stay"
Stayed for 2 nights for Spring Carlisle car show. Even on low heat the fan ran fast and all night only needed a little heat was noisy. Refrigerator was not really cold had to put my beer in ice to keep it cold. Everything was great.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
RAY
"Nice hotel close to my destination."
I needed a hotel in the Mechanicsburg area due to impending inclement weather. I found this hotel on line and although the selection of rooms was limited, it worked out well for me. The room I received was as described on line and the arrangements that I made were all in place when I arrived. The limited interaction that I had with the staff was very positive and friendly.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
Perfect hotel for our 1 night stay. Close to everything that we did. The sports bar in the hotel was excellent. Food was great, service wasn't the best.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
Chrystal
"Much older than it appears in pictures."
You can't tell from the pictures, but the rooms are all "outside access" as with old, cheap motels. The front of the hotel looks nice, but then you go to park and realize that there are no elevators and the stair cases are old and rusting. The room itself was fine- clean but basic. But to get anywhere you have to venture out into the elements, which in December are not very inviting, and makes going to the pool problematic. Which is fine, I guess, because the indoor pool is tiny- basically three short lap lanes. No way is this a three star hotel.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry to hear we failed to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
We ended up not staying at the hotel. We checked in to find that the inn had outside room doors, versus inside the hotel. Nowhere on line is that indicated. In the room there were roaches on the wall / ceiling. And muddy footprints in the bathroom. The room was dirty, and smelled like smoke.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
We appreciate your feedback and we were sorry to see you go. Should you be in the area again please look us up.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Very nice place."
The room was very clean and the bed was wonderful. They even had a rubber ducky in the bathroom. Made us smile as soon as we got there.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Ann
The front desk staff were good, but the property left much to be desired. No sound-proofing, so conversations outside of rooms or from other rooms could be heard. Large semi trucks driving in and out of the property all night. Pulled a towel off a towel bar and the bar fell off the wall. The only good things were the shower head and bath linens. Seemed more like a truck stop or motel.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your guest feedback.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Nothing has changed since previous owners _ Holiday Inn. Décor is same as it was - when we used to stay for car shows in 2002-2003. Cable set up for internet - my IPad was useless.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
The rooms were very dingy and old. .. The bathroom was nasty.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Ok hotel"
Location was great and staff was friendly. The pool was also nice. Our room was disappointing. First thing I noticed was there was an old tv, not the flat screen, newer model tv's that were in the photos.. We then went to put some stuff in the fridge and it was not working. I will say that I called the front desk and they had it replaced within an hour. The biggest disappointment was the bathroom. It was filthy. Behind the toilet and corners of the bathroom looked like they had not been cleaned in months. The tub needed a scrub, and there was hair on the floor. It was also tiny. Some bleach and about 10 minutes would make a world of difference in there. The one good thing about the bathroom was the shower head. It was wonderful to have a shower head with different settings that worked well! The rest of the room was fairly clean and beds were comfortable.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Shelly
"Park Inn"
The room wasn't clean or nice. I stayed there for a wedding and the other rooms I visited were not nice either. There was a must smell, furniture was dirty, and the soap in the bathroom was already used.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
I am very sorry to hear that your experience was what I would consider less than acceptable. Please reach out to us at the hotels to make this right!
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
Jm
"Meh..."
The hotel is a sprawling complex of several buildings. We don't mind walking a lot, so the fact that our room was in the farthest building wasn't a problem, but it might be a challenge to someone of limited mobility. In the "minus" column: no coffee bar and no place to get coffee unless you walk across the busy highway to Dunkin Donuts or to Denny's a couple of doors down. (The breakfast buffet was only for a private group.) Housekeeping banged on the door to clean the room very early - we were still asleep so the rude awakening was not welcome. Front desk staff was not helpful or knowledgeable about where to get coffee, whether the attached night club had entertainment, where to eat dinner, etc. The HVAC unit in the room was loud and we had to turn it off because of the noise. In the "plus" column, there are two pools (outdoors was closed) but the exercise room has two treadmills, two ellipticals and a recumbent bike. We expected more for the price we paid, but the basics were all there (i.e., hot water, adequate beds, clean room.)
2 night trip Oct 10, 2013
Hershey Car Show attendee
"Clean but not a great place for travelers."
This is a large facility that is showing some age. One of the outer stairways to the second floor was roped off because of damaged concrete. Our room was clean but the area is noisy. A lot of the adjoining rooms were occupied by construction workers, so it wasn't family friendly. Considering the price, I would not rate this as a bargain by any means.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the valuable feedback!
1 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Carl
"It was ok"
The location was great! Had lots of restaurants, gas stations and big stores around it. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to walk outside to go to the pool. And then the pool wasn't heated eventho it's inside. I didn't really understand the purpose in that. The pool was freezing. Also they have a restaurant/bar/club at the hotel and people park in whatever parking lot they like. People going to the club or restaurant should park somewhere else. Other than that it was an ok stay.
3 night romance trip Oct 11, 2013
"Rooms over the night club???"
We arrived at 11 PM on a Friday night and the person at the check-in desk was thoughtful enough to mention that the room we were booked in was over the bar/night club and that they had music until 2:45 AM. We didn't think that would be a problem. Then as we climbed the stairs carrying our luggage (no elevator) and entered the first hallway (with conference rooms, etc.) and through another door to the hall with the rooms we could hear the music loud and clear and see the people on the upper deck of the bar. No one would have been able to sleep with that noise. Thank goodness he quickly offered us another room (way around back away from everything). We just can't figure why they would have rooms over the bar--why weren't only the conference rooms located there?
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Basically OK"
The staff was friendly and accommodating, but housekeeping skipped our room altogether after the first of 4 nights (had to call the desk), the toilet flusher was defective, and shower hot & cold were reversed. Everything else so-so, OK for an older facility. Service in the lobby restaurant was negligent during our one and only meal there-- had to go find the server to order, and again to get our bill. The food took about 30 minutes to arrive in a nearly empty restaurant. Plenty of other restaurants nearby, though.
3 night trip Oct 9, 2013
JBT
"I was looking for the hay in the mattress"
Overall, pretty darn bad. The Motel was a sixties throw back and the hotel was dilapidated with some newer paint to hide the cracks from the years of wear.The room was clean, but the screechy bed was a complete joke along with the chicklet pillows. My opinion is that they bought the mattresses from a 50 year old camp ground. Didn't sleep a wink in spite of two Unisoms. I don't care how nice the room is if you can't sleep. Avoid this motel if unless you can sleep in a bomb shelter. I was considering sleeping on the wet grass.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you if I can be of assistance. David McCord AGM Park Inn
1 night trip Oct 9, 2013
"Great staff"
Great staff we had our kids there and they helped us wih anything we needed!
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Nasty, dirty, poorly kept, old."
Room was filthy, besides the dust bunnies on the vanity countertop, the carpet is nasty, the bathroom at best was wiped down with a wet paper towel. The tv is really nice. The doors open to the outside and don't close entirely. I was awakened not by an alarm but the sound of traffic and the sink backing up with sewer!! This hotel (motel) is one of the worst I've been in since the last time I trusted an expedia review. I checked out after the first of a two night booking. Do not book a room here.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Ruined a perfectly good barn"
Beds were horrendous and the pillows were chicklets. I got absolutely no sleep. Hay would have made for a better bed. Nice LCD tv though. Never ever again at any price because a good night sleep is priceless.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve our operation.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
"unkempt and dirty"
I stayed at this hotel after a friends wedding with the bride, groom, and the rest of the bridal party. I stayed here at the suggestion of the bride, and what a mistake that was! There were 'hairs' all over the bathroom floor, the shower didn't drain, the curtains didn't even close properly(we ended up using the boutonniere pins to hold the curtains shut)! In addition, there were broken beer bottles in the 'vending' area that didn't have any vending. I guess this is what you get when the place is connected to a bar.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Old buildings"
The buildings were old but fairly well kept. Staff was good and service was fine.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
i enjoyed the stay and the hotel offerings. I loved the outside deck and grill. Fireplaces out side the bar was awsome!
2 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Not 3 stars!"
Service was okay. The room was dingy and not clean, as in cobwebs, sock on floor under bed. No hotel or local information in room. Bare basics.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Harvey
"Good Motel"
We visited the Park motel for a weekend getaway, and was very pleased with the motel. The bed was very firm, which we liked. The pools were very clean, but were cold so we couldn't do a lot of swimming which was very disappointing. It had a lot of adult activities on site, the night club was a blast and the food at Legends was very good. The location on the Carlisle Pike was great for shopping and finding lots of places to eat.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2013
"good location"
stay was nice,housekeeping only made bed , didn,t replace ice liner, or vaccum during stay, overall the stay was pleasant, would go back again, The was a little pricey, for the condition,
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
"One of the nicest Inns ever!!!"
My family went on a 3 1/2 week trip from Maine down the East Coast to Penn, then westward to Illinois, then diagonal to Florida...we stayed in hotels, motels, and Inns for 23 nights on our trip... The Park Inn was one of the BEST ones that we stayed at during our trip. The staff was awesome, very helpful, courteous, clean, and accommodating. They always had a friendly smile and a willingness to say hi or stop and chat. The place was clean, peaceful and restful. They have a great restaurant and bar on site, and the food was EXCELLENT! My three teenage boys loved it here! We could even do laundry, and sit out on the porch and chat with other people. A very pleasant stay, I would HIGHLY recommend The Park Inn to anyone traveling that way!!!
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Sylvia
"Close to food, shopping and half hr from hershey p"
Hotel was clean, quiet atmosphere. Convenient spot for food, gas and shopping
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
vernique
"Not bad, but wouldn't stay here again"
When we checked in we were informed our room was above "the club". I didn't think it was a big deal since I'm a heavy sleeper and, come on, it's a hotel club outside of Harrisburg, PA. What we soon realized was that the walls are extremely thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. Not only did we hear the music and practically every conversation taking place in the club until 2AM, but we heard the staff cleaning up, our neighbor's every move and the water running in the bathroom. Also, the bed was pretty rock hard.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Jade
"Wonderful place to stay"
can't say anything negative. hotel staff was accommodating to changing type of room and then crediting for last night as we left early! Clean room, beautiful grounds. Pleasant experience all around. DEFINATELY staying here again, even if it adds a little time to work trip. WORTH THE STAY
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
MARBLELIFENEPA
"The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. I"
I was very disappointed in this hotel. It is in terrible need of remodeling and updating. The doors don't seal tight and it isn't inside corridors. I was in 3 different rooms and they were all about the same old and in need of updating. On the positive side it is family friendly with a playground, miniature golf, and volleyball nets.
Response by Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Great spot between Hershey & Gettysburg"
The location is perfect for visiting both Hershey and Gettysburg. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. This is truly a motel on a large plot of land right off the hwy. Our son really enjoyed the amenities; indoor and outdoor pool, mini golf, volleyball and the open park like space in the back. Radison could pump a few more dollars into this place and it would be really nice.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2013
Fran B.
"Not bad"
Room was not ready upon check-in, but wound up being a pretty good stay. Rooms aren't too bad, area is not too great, not much to do around hotel.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
I had travel with my kids and they enjoyed there stay.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013