All hotels in Evanston, Illinois, United States of America

Bad pool
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Great stay for the price"
Booked my room a few months in advance. Couldn't beat the price for the room and location for wrestling at Northwestern. Downside was the hotel was sold and being renovated so they didn't have the breakfast that had been listed while we were there.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
"Worst stay ever"
This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The chair and table were broken and my husband hurt his shoulder when the chair broke. The hotel was under construction and we were never told this. There was no breakfast or business center, of which we were told there was. The beds were most uncomfortable and everything that we were promised as amenities were not available. Worst hotel ever. Would like. Full refund for an awful Christmas stay.
8 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
mark
"Work in Progress"
The hotel was under construction which was not mentioned on the website, nor b noticed at anytime after the reservation was made. THEREFORE....there was no restaurant in the hotel, and construction noise began at 6am! Having stayed there many times over the past years, I was surprised to find it in such a situation. I will say that the staff did everything that they could to to offer us a pleasant stay. They changed our room to one away from the train and construction. The room was very pleasant. The staff was courteous and helpful. When the conversion is complete, I will consider staying there again. Perhaps the work could have been done over a few weeks (instead of several months)and been less disruptive to guests.
4 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Not Provided
The hotel was nice for the price but under construction. We were woken up at 6 am by all of the construction noise.
1 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2015
The bed was not even okay. Probably the worst part of the stay besides the fact that the hotel is under construction and they start pounding away at the building at 7am. On the plus side it's in walkable distance to a lot Evanston has to offer and Northwestern University. I didn't have to drive once for a meal because there were many many options within walking distance
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
"Good breakfast and friendly staff"
Came to see my son in a play. Brought my daughter and parents. Enjoyed the adjoining room and the breakfast was very good.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
Christine
Renovation going on, made gym unavailable but staff was extremely nice under the circumstances. Blueberry muffins and waffles at free breakfast was excellent. All the danishes at free breakfast were the best I've had at any of these 3+ hotels.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2015
Melanie
"Good value, good location"
Whether this hotel earns 3 stars or 4 depends on the standard of comparison. As a "value" hotel that might show up early in a "low price" search, it's a 4; as a "business" hotel, it's more of a 3. The B's-- bedding, bathroom, breakfast-- definitely above average for a value hotel. The HVAC is balky and drafty. Annoying little things like running out of tea and yogurt at breakfast. Extraordinarily helpful and congenial employees. Nice to have parking in a parking garage, though that adds $14 per day to cost. Centrally located in Evanston and just 2 blocks from Purple Line station, restaurants across the street if weather is inclement. Bottom line: often one of the lower-priced options and good value.
4 night trip with friends Nov 18, 2015
Came here with my team before a tournament at Northwestern University. Hotel is under construction but looks very nice inside! Brand new bathrooms. GREAT Breakfast! Convenient parking in garage attached to hotel ($14 overnight).
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
"Under construction."
This property is under construction. The room itself looked nice yet had older furniture for a rehabbed room. The hallways needs a facelift. The fitness room was closed and construction dust was in the lobby and elevators. even with the construction it was a good stay. I hope they will also update the heat/air system as it did not work well and breakfast was nothing special.
3 night business trip Nov 15, 2015
"Two thumbs up!!!"
It was comfortable stay. Hotel is in Evanston downtown with easy access to Metra as well Metro.Room was clean and had avery good view of the city.Hotel staff was very very friendly. Good variety in continental breakfast served in morning.Will definitely stay again....
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
Sanjeev
"Chicago"
Overall I like this hotel. When I am in Chicago I stay here. However, this time my room was facing the train station. Train was passing often. construction noise in the morning was bad. But I know this is temporary. I will stay here agian. Evening staff was friendly. Morning staff needs improvement. Great price.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
GREAT.....GREAT.....GREAT!!
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
Kimberly
"Good room for a great price!"
Hotel undergoing construction led to a few longer walks from parking garage, but otherwise everything was ideal here. Staff was friendly and informative. Continental breakfast had larger selection than many others I've seen. Our toilet seat int he bathroom was wobbly/cracked, but otherwise everything was perfect. Great location close to transportation and great bars and restaurants. Come-and-go parking for $14 a day is way cheaper than parking in other lots.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
"Good stay, good location."
Good average hotel. Only a block or 2 from a variety of restaurants. better than average breakfast included. Irish pub directly across the street.
2 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
I plan to stay again soon. I travel to Chicago often. I like the prices and the ability to access the train to go to the city.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2015
sadie
"Great local stay"
I was quite frustrated because I recently moved to a new apartment and my place wasn't habitable! The building manager suggested to look for a hotel. I wanted to stay in the neighborhood. Best Western was a great option. The front desk attendants were extremely nice, the room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious.
1 night family trip Nov 2, 2015
Carmen
the place was filthy, garbage around the room, used towels, and a floor that turned my daughters feet black
Other trip Nov 7, 2015
"Decent"
The check in time is 4:00 pm. I consider that extremely late. However, I was allowed to check in earlier (I had to settle for a room with two double beds, instead of a king). Room 1011 thermostat didn't appear to be working properly. I had heat set to 70 degrees and blower set to auto. Blower would not turn off. It got so hot, that I had to get up in the middle of the night and turn the air conditioner on. I consider the $14 a day for parking exorbitant. The staff was great, and the room was very clean and neat.
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
Will
"i will still come back"
Good and bright but no fridge in the room and no toothpaste. Thanks
1 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2015
Bamidele
"great location, but parking is extra"
This hotel is older, but pretty comfortable and in a great location, just blocks from downtown Evanston. They are doing some outside renovation. The breakfast was good, with choices for everyone, although the same both mornings we were there. We were VERY disappointed that we had to pay to park in the attached parking garage. Felt that should have been included in the price. It wasn't very clear when we reserved the room that this would be an additional cost. We thought we were saving money by staying here, but after adding parking costs, there wasn't much of a savings.
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
Hotel is being renovated. We had a renovated room, which was nice. Public areas still need work. Breakfast was nice.
3 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
"dufferdude"
We went up for a Cubs playoff game. The location, transportation, and accomodations were ideal.
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
Jerry
"Good and convenient"
A great and convenient place for my Northwestern college reunion.
1 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
"I would not stay here again."
Entering the hotel, there was an immediated smell of smoke. Someone had been smoking at the garage entrance. The lobby had the smell of stale smoke. Very unpleasant. There was not way to enter the hotel without steps. I have a spinner suitcase because I have pinched nerves in my neck. I had to carry luggage up steps because there was no one on duty.
2 night family trip Oct 13, 2015
Tina
"Near the University and downtown"
Very accommodating staff. Hotel feels a little old but it was clean and comfortable and the staff helpful
2 night trip Oct 9, 2015
Virginia
"5 Days at Best Western Univeristy Plaza, Evanston"
Friendly staff. Quiet environment. Nice eataries within the vicinity. Train station to Downtown.
5 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
Debo
"Currently reasonable and convenient"
The bed, though somewhat comfortable, seemed to tilt toward the wall when I was lying down. There seemed like minimal support at the edges of the bed. The chairs supplied were the kind one would find at an estate sale from a long abandoned home. The cushions were so worn that there was no cushioning whatsoever. The square table was damaged and sat very high, as if it was more for displaying something in the lobby than a table to be used in a room. Between the chair and the table, when I sat down the table top was neck high and I'm 5'9"!! The positives were it's location to the CTA and Metra network, restaurants, a variety of stores, and religious buildings. Being within easy walking distance of many of the small town like businesses and popular known chains makes the cost bearable. They claim to be under renovation so I would suspect the price will go higher when that's completed.
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
Norman
"Very Happy"
We really enjoyed our stay here. It was close to the train and bus stops. We didn't have a car nor did we need one. The breakfast was great for a free breakfast. The town has shopping and eating galore. It's close to Lake Michigan and Northwestern University. The hotel staff was amazing! We arrived at 8am and they let us check in! Thank goodness because we were exhausted. Great place and great price.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Holly
I was provided with excellent and friendly service and a fantastic view of the Chicago skyline and Lake Michigan. Thank you!
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
The hotel needs updating in the lobby area and in the hallways. It just looks tired and worn down. However, I was surprised that my room was very nice. The bathroom was small but big enough for just me. There is no exhaust fan. There also is no full length mirror. Parking is $14.00 a night.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Clean, safe, friendly! Have stayed there twice and will come again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
amanda
"Nice, affordable room"
Great restaurants nearby and walking distance to Northwestern. Bathrooms appear to be recently remodeled. Other areas of the hotel could use refreshing. Room was nice with couch and desk in addition to King size bed. Free wi-fi
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
Katie
"Good location. Tired hotel."
Outstanding location. Staff were friendly. The hotel was old, worn out and tired.
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
Michele
"Chicago commuting"
Two night stay in Evanston. Location good for access to CTA or Metra lines. Comfortable king bedroom room. View from room on 9th floor was spectacular. OK breakfast.
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"Pleasantly surprsied"
We don't typically stay at Best Westerns and I did not have high expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised when we got to the room itself and saw that it had been recently updated. There are still some parts of the hotel that look old and dirty (particularly the area coming in from the parking garage), but the room was very nice for the price. We were visiting our son in Chicago and chose to stay in Evanston to save money on a hotel. The L is within walking distance and easy to navigate, so we never took our car out of the parking garage once we got there. I would recommend it if you're not expecting luxury.
3 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
It was an overnight stay around a local cycling event in Evanston. I did not partake much of the hotel services but the room was clean and the bed was comfy. I did find the bureau odd in that the drawers were crooked, but since I did not use it, it really was not an issue. I do wish the parking rates were published. $14/night is not bad but it was not readily apparent upon booking. Entry and exit from the garage with luggage is a bit awkward but doable.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2015
Lynda
"Older but reliable hotel in convenient location."
This is an older hotel (they are starting to renovate), but perfectly comfortable. It has limited facilities, but is located in downtown Evanston with plenty of good restaurants and shops. Very convenient to public transportation.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Jane
"Ok but not more"
Hotel is under construction. No note to that before booking. Rooms are ok and comfy but lobby area,parking and all in general is very rundown. All together if you don't care about that it's ok
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Roni
"Nice Breakfast"
When we got there the elevators were shut down and we had to go out side the building to climb the stairwell to get to our room which was 4 flights and i have a cane i walk with was not fun. The gentelman that showed us where to go was nice we were joking with him is there a fire here and when we left to go to the train there was a fire engine there little scary. Also the last 3 best westerns i have stayed at in the past few months all the beds were very uncomfortable .
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2015
"AC/DC concert at Wrigley field"
all in all very good, Air condition units. ours was noisy and another on our floor blew and caused an evacuation for the building. all the help was very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
"you get what you pay for."
old, run down hotel that is in the process of renovation. Rooms are newly redone, but hallways and lobby feel old, dark and run down. Beds are adecuate. Rooms are loud, you can hear the train, even on the 9th floor. The A/C kicks on and off all night, which is disruptive of sleep. No way to keep the fan running constantly in order to have a constant sound. Despite the physical appearance of the hotel, enployees are nice, helpful and attentive. Breakfast is free. Not much to add. Exacrly the same buffet every day. Not bad if you are there for a night or two, but a week of scrambled eggs and sausage patties is tough. You get what you pay for. Clean, safe, well located gotel.
7 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
"Depressing place in need of upgrade"
Stayed there when I dropped my daughter off to college. Rooms are clean but the entire setting is just depressing and for the price more is expected starting from a decent connection to the parking garage to more than one bath towel per person.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
We do not like the pillows! Please get full size pillows!
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
Jay
This is definitely the budget option in Evanston, but it was nice and clean with updated rooms. Close walk to shopping and restaurants.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2015
"Awesome"
This is the second time we stay at Best Western hotel and we love it. We are already planning our next visit.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
I enjoyed my stay. The staff was helpful and courteous. The free breakfast was awesome with a great variety of items to choose from. The location was great, just a couple of blocks from the purple line and a variety of good restaurants across the street. I will definitely come back!
3 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Room OK but hotel needs redo"
The room was clean and OK. The lobby and ballroom area continue to smell a bit funky. The hotel seems to suffer from a moisture issue. That said, they improve a little each year and there is apparently a face lift coming. The complimentary break fast was much better than the average. There were quality offerings in a large room that avoids th morning free-for-all competition for food among guests. Service was good. Free parking is a very big deal among Evanston hotels too. Small things: toilet lever was broken causing flushing and constant draining issues, for some reason there is a broken PVC pipe in the parking garage that causes storm drain water to drip constantly into the garage. Been broken for year - come on - $20 fix here!! Overall a good deal for the price on a game day. We'll be back.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Rooms very clean and the breakfast was spectacular!
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
Kerry
"only problem is with parking..."
...i was able to find free parking in surrounding area, but i just hate when hotels charge for parking. otherwise, pleasant facilities, good breakfast, good location.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015